Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:48 pm 

...and apparently this applies to some degree non-visitors as well...

You must stand with your arms up in front of our naked-ray scanners, and still you have to remove your belt...

If you express your concerns about possibly missing the flight because of a company screw up, we will deliberately hold you longer.

You shall take your foaming goo in one way, but not return with it on security basis, and of course your wife's recently bought body lotions will have to go to the garbage (what a waste)... Ah and to take along this medical item, we will have to pat you down, but don't worry I will use the back of my hand...

and Welcome to the United States

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:33 am 

Oh, sorry guys, that what just a (apparently no-fun) Zappa joke.

Of course I respect and fully comply with your security measures... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:30 am 

Don't worry! I got it, just overlooked it on the first time round. Don't be upset, it's nice! Well, not "nice" since the whole TSA thing is upsetting, but it's still a good joke.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:43 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

You must stand with your arms up in front of our naked-ray scanners, and still you have to remove your belt...

If you express your concerns about possibly missing the flight because of a company screw up, we will deliberately hold you longer.

You shall take your foaming goo in one way, but not return with it on security basis, and of course your wife's recently bought body lotions will have to go to the garbage (what a waste)... Ah and to take along this medical item, we will have to pat you down, but don't worry I will use the back of my hand...

and Welcome to the United States

I feel safer already. I hope they checked you for hemorrhoids.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:52 am 

Steam roller!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:13 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Oh, sorry guys, that what just a (apparently no-fun) Zappa joke. Of course I respect and fully comply with your security measures

I hope you got my joke, Mr GG. I certainly take your side in this matter. There comes a point where "safety" impinges on "freedom".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:21 am 

Sure, I did, dm, no hard feelings. I am just not discussing about my hemorrhoids in a public forum :P

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

I think US citizens and visitors deserve both...
While I was there, I was also sort of mistreated by a staff from an Air Company, which shall go nameless, with elusive and evasive answers for my questions, to the point a brave and kind US anonymous person watching the whole thing stepped in, intervened and asked the guy if he was not understanding what I was asking him, and then being himself harassed by the air company person: "let's see some ID"...

Apart from this sort on incident, the rest was just dandy.

I wonder, are European airports like this, these days?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:28 am 

Haven't flown for 11 years, but 20 years ago when trying to get in Koln (Cologne), the customs bloke looked at my passport and said "no" (or nein), and handed it back to me. I said "look again" and two of them dogged me up for a couple of minutes before waving me through.