Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:00 am 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=15#19 date=12/23/03 at 16:24:24]<br>Never a dull moment when mungo's around....<br><br>Image<br><br>P.S. Dr. Noomies, my money's on Mij in the third. Although mungo's more humorous, no doubt his reflexes have been dulled by excessive alcohol use.[/quote]<br>saint mungo (kentigern) was the mythological founder of glasgow and this is symbolised in the city's coat of arms with the fish the ring and something else can't remember what though

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:01 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=15#17 date=12/23/03 at 16:15:04]three hundred posts ago<br>thought i might get some sleep<br>stretched myself out on the columbine thread <br>an' my spirit did the frenchie creep<br><br>i knew i'd never sleep no more<br><br>to me it seem that it wernt just wise<br><br>didja ever wake up in the mornin'<br>with a ZOMBY MUNG behind yer eyes <br><br>i am the ZOMBY MUNG<br>ims the creature all the frenchies been <br>talkin about<br><br>i am the ZOMBY MUNG<br>they all seek for shelter when i come postin about<br><br>telln' you all the zomby troof<br>here i'm is, the ZOMBY MUNG<br><br>reety-awrighty, he da ZOMBY MUNG<br>reety-awrighty, he da ZOMBY MUNG<br><br>they said he-guilty<br>an mij said he -wrongy<br>an' i was a mungy for you, little lady<br><br>i got a great big pointed dubya <br>which is my mung man toof<br>my right wings bigger than ol georgies is <br>like a regular k-clan hood<br>if i raid yer afganistan land<br>dont try to hide in no hole<br><br>i might snatch you up screamin' through yer window all neckid<br>an' laser bomb you through the roof, dont mess with the ZOMBY MUNG<br><br>i am about as evil as a dubya man can be<br><br>tellin' you all the mungo truth<br>here i'ms is, the ZOMBY MUNG<br><br>tellin' you all the mungo truth<br>here i'ms is, the ZOMBY MUNG<br><br><br><br>BEWARE - the ZOMBY MUNG is real - here i'm is<br><br>mungo<br>[/quote]<br>excellent...where do you buy it?

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:52 am 

you would actually pay for it scrutiniser ? lordy me - ill get into the studio in the new year then. in the meantime i suggest you print it out, load the original track into a karaoke machine and go for it - you will almost certainly need to be very very drunk for this though - as good an excuse as any to have a few i recon !<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:58 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=15#27 date=12/24/03 at 04:52:01]you would actually pay for it scrutiniser ? lordy me - ill get into the studio in the new year then. in the meantime i suggest you print it out, load the original track into a karaoke machine and go for it - you will almost certainly need to be very very drunk for this though - as good an excuse as any to have a few i recon !<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br>i remember drunkenly singing bobby brown goes down for my aunts, mum and gran at a christmas party one year, it got a frosty reception to say the least  :o

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:10 am 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=15#27 date=12/24/03 at 04:52:01]you would actually pay for it scrutiniser ? lordy me - ill get into the studio in the new year then. [/quote]<br>Well, as long as your getting in that studio, take Mij with you. Send the track to Arkay, then straight to the forum Cd it will go...<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:21 am 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=15#29 date=12/24/03 at 05:10:56]<br>Well, as long as your getting in that studio, take Mij with you. Send the track to Arkay, then straight to the forum Cd it will go...<br><br>[/quote]<br>that could be a good idea for a track on the forum cd...if mij and mungo were to vocalise their rants to some fierce guitar work it could be a hit...witha bullet

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:33 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#30 date=12/24/03 at 05:21:49]<br>that could be a good idea for a track on the forum cd...if mij and mungo were to vocalise their rants to some fierce guitar work it could be a hit...witha bullet[/quote]<br>If only they would agree to do it. But looking back at their track record of agreeing with each other...the dream seems to be slipping ever so quickly. <br>[shadow=red,left,300][move]PLEASE MUNGO, PLEASE MIJ, LITERALY AGREE TO START DISAGREEING (ina recording studio)...[/move][/shadow]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:37 am 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#31 date=12/24/03 at 05:33:21]<br>If only they would agree to do it. But looking back at their track record of agreeing with each other...the dream seems to be slipping ever so quickly. <br>[shadow=red,left,300][move]PLEASE MUNGO, PLEASE MIJ, LITERALY AGREE TO START DISAGREEING (ina recording studio)...[/move][/shadow][/quote]<br>they've got the lennon mccartney syndrome it happens to all the big stars  :o

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:42 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#32 date=12/24/03 at 05:37:20]<br>they've got the lennon mccartney syndrome it happens to all the big stars  :o[/quote]<br>Yeah, but we know neither of them are as good without the other. Whew! Now imagine Mij just doing solo stuff...BORE-FEST!<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:45 am 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#33 date=12/24/03 at 05:42:16]<br>Yeah, but we know neither of them are as good without the other. Whew! Now imagine Mij just doing solo stuff...BORE-FEST!<br><br>[/quote]<br>heh  ;D<br>i may not agree with mungo but i have to admit his posts are funny... ;D

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:37 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#34 date=12/24/03 at 05:45:02]<br>heh  ;D<br>i may not agree with mungo but i have to admit his posts are funny... ;D[/quote]<br>I think Mungo was the first person to reply to a post of mine...so heres to you Mungo, you hold a special place in my heart! ;D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:24 am 

[quote author=ImSoCute link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#35 date=12/24/03 at 06:37:08]<br>I think Mungo was the first person to reply to a post of mine...so heres to you Mungo, you hold a special place in my heart! ;D[/quote]<br>sebastiaan was the first to respond to me..i think, the forum seemed a pretty daunting place in the beginning  ::)

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:51 am 

It seemed like the first few times I posted, I killed the threads I was posting in.  :-/  :-[

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:29 am 

OK, it's Christmas Eve here. Time to let the fish off the hook<br><br>Since I started this thread, I received some personal letters. Some showed sympathy, some didn't, and some others didn't want to take side. Here's a little explanation of my motives.<br><br>First, if you pictured me as angry, you got it wrong. It's not wrath that made me do it. I'm still as cool as before.<br><br>Some of you appreciate Mungo for the Joker he is. I even do. His parody of Zoomby-Woof is very good. But he's too often the kind of a Joker that even a King can't control. I don't mind mockery, it's a form of flattery in a sense. What I can't stand is lies, repeated lies.<br><br>In the last year, I posted about politic views that didn't fit his. I've no problems with that. We could go as mocking each other in a gentleman manner. But, I grew tired of having him say that I'm pro-Saddam and anti-Americans. I'm anti USA Politics, Bush and his gang, right, but not anti-Yankees, or anti-Rednecks, and I'm certainly not a fan of Saddam. I have sympathy for the common man in USA. And I made that clear numerous times.<br><br>In the beginning, I didn't made much of it. I replied the way I was spoken to. But I grew tired of it. So, the last time he accused me of these "sins", I asked him to find a single post to prove what he's accusing me of. He kept eluding the question over and over again, repeating the same lies over and over again, and adding new ones. Some may say that I lack a certain sense of humor but I felt there was something else here.<br><br>I felt he was not respecting me and I felt it was not right. If he was an honest man, he could have posted something like "Alright, Alright, I can't prove you're this and that, so I'll stop repeating the same lies over and over" and that would have been it. End of the case. <br><br>I feel it is not right if anybody on this forum can accuse somebody else of anything without backing it up. If he could have backep it up, I would have said "OK, you're right", but he didn't. So, all he was saying from that point was crap to me. Thus the idea of "Uncle Crap". As long as he was not respecting me, why should I respect him ?<br><br>I played the same game as him. Someone said I lowered myself. In a sense, it's true. But what it did for me is that, in the last days, he's been off my case. He kept quiet. Even though I'm still waiting for him to find "evidences" about my "sins", and I know he won't be able to, he didn't reply with his usual "Youre pro-Saddam, you're anti-Americans". Peace at last. And it probably introduced him to some new comers.<br><br>The key for me here is RESPECT. Lying about another member of this forum is a lack of respect. THAT is lowering ourselves and putting us on par with other forums. I don't know how YOU would react to this, but that's how I reacted. I was fed up. Now, some of you will still be my friend, some of you will elude me, and maybe I made some new ennemies. I don't know. I never asked anyone to take sides. That never was the point.<br><br>I'll keep posting. Too much fun for me in it. That forum is a wonderful place for a big melting pot of different views and ideas. Some really funny stuff too. We're a really good bunch and I guess Frank would have been happy with that. Like a big Family, we have to learn to respect each other.<br><br>Now, what's wrong with that ? <br><br>Happy Holidays to all, including Mungo !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:49 am 

much too serious you guys have become i thought this was for fun not a family feud oh well pistols at 20 paces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:56 am 

havnt read that yet mij, i will after i post this - i want to post this before i read it in case i  might respond in a different manner. <br>seeing this is the season of " goodwill to all men " i think we should perhaps have a little truce - dont you ? ah well - all good things must come to an end must they not?  the other thing is - i dont think anyone really thinks any more or less of either one of us cause of that little episode, i suspect it has a certain  " entertainment value " ! thats it.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:29 am 

mij, you're long long post repeating it all again again again again again again again and again proves you still dont get the point.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:48 am 

[quote author=mungo link=board=legends;num=1054340804;start=0#0 date=05/30/03 at 17:26:44]ok-  i was thinkin that perhaps it would be kinda sweet if everybody would be able to bring themselves to DARE to nominate another member as their favorite fellow member , and perhaps say why , if they feel like it. <br><br>just to kick things off i nominate, um, yes - i shall nominate my good buddie UNCLE MIJ as my forum fav. <br>the reason - simple really , that without mij i would never have gotten to 700 posts - all that fightin see. cool.<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>Come on girls, you know you like each other really

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:08 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#41 date=12/25/03 at 05:29:09]mij, you're long long post repeating it all again again again again again again again and again proves you still dont get the point.<br>[/quote]<br><br>If you don't like it, just don't read it !<br><br>BTW, I was not at "getting a point" but "making one"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:36 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#43 date=12/25/03 at 09:08:21]If you don't like it, just don't read it ![/quote]<br>As a matter of fact, I stopped reading after 1/2, plus read the last paragraph. Out of redundancy reasons.<br><br>As a kind of absurd theatre-thread, i find this stuff higly enjoyable. You'd better start looking at it in the same way, or you'll end up with a crise cardiaque. (pardon my french)<br><br>
Quote:
BTW, I was not at "getting a point" but "making one"
<br>Look man, you've made that "point" a zillion times since this thing started, everyone knows you are not pro-Saddam, etc. So just chill out. Mungo played you like a naked doll, but no, even now you still keep "making your point".<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:11 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#44 date=12/25/03 at 09:36:14]<br>As a matter of fact, I stopped reading after 1/2, plus read the last paragraph. Out of redundancy reasons.<br><br>As a kind of absurd theatre-thread, i find this stuff higly enjoyable. You'd better start looking at it in the same way, or you'll end up with a crise cardiaque. (pardon my french)<br><br>Look man, you've made that "point" a zillion times since this thing started, everyone knows you are not pro-Saddam, etc. So just chill out. Mungo played you like a naked doll, but no, even now you still keep "making your point".<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>If you read, you knew I was not on the verge of a heart attack. And my blood pressure is as good as always.<br>You didn't appreciate this thread, so why keep on reading it ? You're the FIRST one to tell me publicly on this forum that I'm not pro-Saddam here ! So, where's that "everyone knows you are not pro-Saddam" ? At least you know I'm not ! Thank you !<br>You don't need to reply to that one.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:29 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#45 date=12/25/03 at 10:11:38]If you read, you knew I was not on the verge of a heart attack. And my blood pressure is as good as always.[/quote]<br><br>I'm still in doubt. Maybe you'rent on the verge anymore, but it sure looked like it a couple of posts ago.<br><br>
Quote:
You didn't appreciate this thread, so why keep on reading it ?
<br><br>I do appreciate the thread. Very much.<br><br>
Quote:
You're the FIRST one to tell me publicly on this forum that I'm not pro-Saddam here ! So, where's that "everyone knows you are not pro-Saddam" ?
<br><br>No one says so, cauz it is the stupidest thing to say actually, it is like kicking in a giant open door.  Anyone who followed the discussions sees that you are not Pro-Saddam, only anti-the-War-as-it-was-waged.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:51 am 

[quote author=Billy link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=30#37 date=12/24/03 at 08:51:09]It seemed like the first few times I posted, I killed the threads I was posting in.  :-/  :-[[/quote]<br><br><br>Oh well, I'm still killing them.  Mungo doesn't like me and mij thinks I'm on his side.  Sigh!  I am so unloved!  and misunderstood....<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:16 am 

what the hell sab ? - are you kiddin me or what ? thats it - wes finished for good now - so long.............<br><br>mungo x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:06 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#45 date=12/25/03 at 10:11:38]<br><br> You're the FIRST one to tell me publicly on this forum that I'm not pro-Saddam here ! So, where's that "everyone knows you are not pro-Saddam" ? At least you know I'm not ! Thank you !<br>[/quote]<br>I don't think you're pro-Saddam or anti-American people either. Methinks mungo is being a bit of a rascal.<br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next