Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:47 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#48 date=12/25/03 at 12:16:22]what the hell sab ? - are you kiddin me or what ? thats it - wes finished for good now - so long.............<br><br>mungo x[/quote]<br><br><br>I shall just have to buck up and heal my broken heart.  It was a match made in heaven, I tell you.  Well, at least Toledo.<br><br>Sab<br>xoxo<br>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:57 pm 

[quote author=sabrina2 link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#47 date=12/25/03 at 10:51:28]<br><br><br>Oh well, I'm still killing them.  Mungo doesn't like me and mij thinks I'm on his side.  Sigh!  I am so unloved!  and misunderstood....<br><br>Sab[/quote]<br><br>I didn't think you were on my side, but I'm flattered if it's true   ;D<br><br>Keep the spirit, Sab !    8)<br><br>(The females on this forum are way too coo, !  8))

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:58 pm 

you mean forged outa toledo steel sab ( miss P.I.N.K.Y ) - i like it ( you mean toledo, spain where they used to make swords ? ) - i suppose ims prepared to make up then , fickle bugger that i am.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:14 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#52 date=12/26/03 at 14:58:13]you mean forged outa toledo steel sab ( miss P.I.N.K.Y ) - i like it ( you mean toledo, spain where they used to make swords ? ) - i suppose ims prepared to make up then , fickle bugger that i am.<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>Well, I was actually thinking of Toledo OH, but Toledo Spain is much more attractive a thought.  Swords, Steel, steely glances, magic.   Mmmmm, great stuff.  I'll meet you at Alcazar.<br><br>Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:42 pm 

sounds good to me - be sure to brush up on yer TANGO dancing skills ( perverted tango or otherwise ) - see ya there soon i hope, i hope, i hope.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:54 pm 

Sabrina2, why did you change your name ?<br><br>To keep track of all these changes, we'd have to get ourselves a special section.     ???

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:42 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#51 date=12/25/03 at 17:57:09]<br><br>I didn't think you were on my side, but I'm flattered if it's true   ;D<br><br>Keep the spirit, Sab !    8)<br><br>(The females on this forum are way too coo, !  8))[/quote]<br><br>Speaking of flattery!  Your just trying to turn my head!  (might work, you never know!)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:47 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=45#54 date=12/26/03 at 15:42:07]sounds good to me - be sure to brush up on yer TANGO dancing skills ( perverted tango or otherwise ) - see ya there soon i hope, i hope, i hope.<br><br>mungo[/quote]<br><br><br>I'm afraid you'll have to teach me.  I've never danced the Tango.  You'll have to show me everything.  I'm sure it will be fun!<br><br>Me with a rose in my teeth and you with a bottle of wine!<br><br>Swooningly<br>Pinky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:54 pm 

Looks like a familiar scheme ...    8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:11 pm 

theres a difference mij - the gal in the cartoon was " questioning " you where just lettin rip with yer uninformed big mouth. two quite different things i would say. <br>really - have you learnt nothin ? you have had a good battering all round recently - why cant you be a big enough man to give and take little ?  you wanna start up again, would be kinda boring dont you think ? loose the ego big boy - my new year tip from me to you !!<br><br>one of yer better cartoon posts jimm - kinda rekindling the fire, as it where - if you could actually write as good as you post pics you might actually make some some kind of contribution to this little ol forum ! <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:43 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=60#60 date=12/28/03 at 16:11:54]theres a difference mij  <br>bla bla bla...<br>mungo [/quote]<br><br>Still waiting !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:49 pm 

yes, thats a good boy mij - you just sit there till ims ready for you - and dont DARE fuckin move - ok ?<br><br>you really up for another whippin ? - kinda machochist thing is it !!<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:50 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=60#62 date=12/28/03 at 16:49:14]yes, thats a good boy mij - bla bla bla...<br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>Still waiting...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:03 pm 

ImageYAAAAWWWNN!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:44 pm 

yeah - kinda tedious, aint he !<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:05 pm 

[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=60#65 date=12/29/03 at 15:44:44]yeah<br>bla bla bla...<br>mungo[/quote]<br><br>Still waiting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:09 am 

Sheez Louise!<br>Been wanting to get into this one for a bit, but you guys keep getting ahead of me. Now Christmas is done, and my girlfriend is 80% moved and I finally had time to read both Iraq III, and this thread.<br><br>Here's what I see.<br><br>Iraq III started out as a pretty good thread with all people on "both sides" giving ideas, and evidence why they think that way. That's pretty cool, it's a lot better than (I think it was), the "Vote" thread that rapidly degenerated into confusion and bantering on 100% unsubstantiated ideas. Posts with unsubstantiated ideas are practically useless, and posts with just idle personal bantering are totally useless. IMHO threads with backed up opinions from both sides are worth our time to read. To spend time reading unsubstantiated ideas saps energy that could better be spent on something that matters. Such threads are just a distraction, something that keeps you from thinking about anything that matters.<br><br>As I was saying, the Iraq III thread went 7.5 pages with all parties giving reasons why they felt which way, this includes Mij and Mungo.<br><br>But on page 7, things fell apart. It began when Mungo posted:<br><br>[quote author=dallas alice link=board=general;num=1051920098;start=90#96 date=12/19/03 at 15:03:45]what makes me suspicious is when a guy like mij only ever posts stuff bout what a shit load of people the yanks are - makes you question his motives dont it ?<br><br>see dubya found yer buddy down a hole mij - where where you ?<br><br>mungo<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well, this wasn't the end of it because Mij went back after Mungo. But there is a difference between the way the two went after each other. IMHO, Mungo was defenceless so he accused Mij of loving Saddam, (multiple times, multiple ways). Totally rediculous, but there it is.<br><br>This topic is very important to Mij, and he saw his argument after this point being attacked without facts. The argument being very important to Mij caused him to do two things, one of which I totally agree with, the other I don't, but it's understandable. The two things were:<br>1. Now that Mungo had opened a hole in his argument, Mij wanted to pin him down. Mij challanged Mungo to substantiate his argument that 'Mij's opinions were derived from the fact that he was a Saddam lover'. Of course Mungo had no answer for this, so his posts completely changed character (they had merit in the first 7.5 pages).  They became factless, unsubstantiated attacks on Mij, (go read 'em if you don't believe me).<br>2. The other thing Mij did (with which I think cost him, but it's understandable), is he went after Mungo personally. 50% of Mij's threads indeed were demands that Mungo back up his insults...but part of his threads were just returning insult for insult. The reason it's understandable is because this topic is very impotrant to Mij, he does not want people to be swayed "pro-Bush Iraq invasion" based on what he saw as Mungo's unsubstantiated personal attacks that he was a American hater/Saddam lover.<br><br>Mij is quite right, in order to continue the discussion in any meaningful way, Mungo needs to back up his "Mij loves Saddam" statements, OR admit he was out of line in making them...one ot the other, but not just "forget it". Until Mungo does one or the other, he has lost the argument.<br><br>So far, the above hasn't happened. Distraction has prevailed, the thread has been rendered useless after page 7. Although some of it has been fun, such ad the Zomby Woof song (very creative Mungo), is an example. The song, though clever, served two purposes...<br>1). It made everyone laugh and won friends for Mungo w/o answering Mij's challange.<br>2). It distracted further from the subject that Mungo still hasn't answered. This tactic leaves Mungo's assertation that Mij's arguments against the Iraq invasion are based on the fact that Mij is a Saddam lover. That (understandably), doesn't set well with Mij.<br><br><br>It's very important not to create or buy into distraction in a debate. Therefore, Mij's is correct to keep dragging Mungo back onto the track and have him back up his claim that Mij's arguments against invading Iraq stem from the fact that Mij loves Saddam. Either back it up, or admit that you got a little hot and said something thoughtless...otherwise, you don't have any credibility because you just say "whatever". Saying 'whatever' is not thinking that I would buy into.<br><br>And Mij...Go after what the person says, and not the person, you'll get further. Instead of giving fuel for further distraction, it causes everyone to see what you are doing, and the other person is not.<br><br>If one wonder's what I'm noticing in that thread, go back to halfway down page 7 in the Iraq thread, and look how things degenerated after that. Once you see it it's easy to spot in other threads. If one see's it, they won't fall for it and be led into trying to make sense out of distraction. <br><br>If someone says something in a thread, they should be willing to back it up...either right then, or on request.<br><br>IMHO<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:49 am 

Good analysis, Imisshimbad ! I liked the "returning insult for insult", which prove that I didn't start it, and that I'm answering the way I'm talked to.<br><br>You understood the whole thing. Respect of each other is the main point for me here. If we start lying about each other, and let it happened without doing anything about it, it's like we don't respect ourselves, at least in this forum. It ain't fair (I have this fixation about justice that it must prevail). I don't say we have to be friends, I say we have to respect each other.<br><br>See ya in another thread !  8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:37 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=60#68 date=12/30/03 at 07:49:28]You understood the whole thing. Respect of each other is the main point for me here.[/quote]<br><br>althought the analysis is indeed correct, he doesnt understand a thing of the underlying conflict. and nor does Mij himself.<br><br>as I said, imo, it is to be looked at as a play - and not a serious, logical discussion. so don't whine about respect, etc.<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:50 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=60#69 date=12/30/03 at 08:37:12]<br><br>althought the analysis is indeed correct, he doesnt understand a thing of the underlying conflict. and nor does Mij himself.<br><br>as I said, imo, it is to be looked at as a play - and not a serious, logical discussion. so don't whine about respect, etc.<br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>What it is I missed about the "underlying conflict"? Is it that I took it as a serious logical discussion? I thought it was, or should be anyways.<br><br>Where did I go wrong? What's the underlying conflict that I missed?<br>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:51 am 

lol, were you guys just funnin and I wasted my time???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:54 am 

How do I know the difference between a serious thread, and one that's just pretend serious?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:55 am 

Help me out here bb, what did I miss??

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:11 am 

[quote author=imisshimbad link=board=general;num=1072109016;start=60#73 date=12/30/03 at 08:55:33]Help me out here bb, what did I miss??[/quote]<br><br>it's just that imo Mungo is playing the joker/jester-card most of the time, so it's plain out stupid of Mij to demand that mungo proves him wrong, give evidence etc. <br><br>it is that kind of reasoning that was at stake all along by mungo's first comment.<br><br>of course Mungo's wrong in this case. but that is exactly NOT the point. the point is that Mij continues to use the 'serious'-discourse type, while mungo is just playing around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next