Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:57 pm 

This being a rather dull little town, I had to dig into the archives a bit...<br><br>
Quote:
ST. CLOUD, MN<br><br>Thanksgiving bird proves costly<br><br>Bill Fickett wanted to give his wife a break from the kitchen on Thanksgiving, so he offered to cook the turkey. His gesture ended up setting their garage on fire and causing about $14,000 in damage.<br><br>"I don't know how it happened," Fickett said. "My wife just had a baby, so I said I'd take care of the turkey."<br><br>He decided to try his hand at deep-fat frying a turkey.<br><br>"Everybody told me it's very good," Fickett said.<br><br>He borrowed a fryer and some directions from a friend. He even bought a thermometer to make sure the oil didn't get too hot.<br><br>Fickett was heating up about 3 gallons of oil for the turkey right before the fire started. He adjusted the temperature to the recommended 350 degrees, then stepped into the house to get the bird.<br><br>Smoke was pouring out of the garage when they came back.<br><br>When St. Cloud firefighters arrived about 2:15 p.m., the garage was in flames, said Gene Kostreba, acting assistant fire chief. The fire was contained to the garage, which was not attached to the house.<br><br>No one was injured. The fire was still under investigation, Kostreba said.<br><br>Fickett's two-car garage, which contained his tools, his kids' bicycles and his lawn mower, was destroyed in the fire, but it was insured, he said.<br><br>Fickett and his family still had a nice Thanksgiving dinner.<br><br>"We just had to have chicken instead of turkey," he said. "I'll probably stick to baking them now."<br><br>— Associated Press
<br><br>uhh... what an idiot, or what a piece of shit fryer. I'll come up with a better one for the next post.  :-[

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:33 pm 

dog shit looks pretty weird after they eat crayons<br><br>tin foil is even weirder<br><br>when we had 2 dogs sometimes the shit never hit the ground

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:38 pm 

Small town here, not much news, but here's something that doesn't happen everyday...A Lear Jet went through my bike path:<br>Image<br>Glad I wasn't at this point in the ride, It would have been wierd to get hit by a jet while bike riding. (I was about a mile from the accident, I didn't see it go down, but I saw a sudden plume of fire and black smoke come up through the trees and knew it was not good...It only took a minute to get there, but the jet was in pieces burning in the water, there was nothing that could be done).<br><br><br>Here's where it came through the trees and house...<br>Image<br><br>All people in the house were OK, but the two in the jet left immediatly.<br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:40 am 

Weird? I dunno. Shit? For sure!<br><br>Hubby woke me this morning by telling me how lovely it smelled outside. I say, " :grunt:  :scratch: ...huh?" <br>He says, " I guess the neighbors don't listen to Frank."<br>I say, "huh? :stretch: :fart:" <br>He says," The man-hole cover in the middle of the street is leaking sewage..... and a bunch of tampons just came floating out."<br>I say, "Sickening!!" and jump up to check it out.<br><br>I have a feeling I know what a plumber might say.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:42 pm 

[quote author=Wife link=board=general;num=1078200301;start=0#8 date=03/06/04 at 07:40:43]Weird? I dunno. Shit? For sure!.........<br><br><br>........I have a feeling I know what a plumber might say.[/quote]<br>I had a similar experience today. Woke up, had a shower and was getting dressed when I smelled something totally foul. I thought my wife had shit the bed. (Luckily, I didn't accuse her though) Went downstairs and found the laundry ankle deep in a pungent brown water. The spare toilet in the garage had overflowed and seeped under the door and into the laundry.<br><br>What a great way to start a Sunday morning, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:42 pm 

[quote author=Uncle Bernie link=board=general;num=1078200301;start=0#9 date=03/06/04 at 14:42:08]<br>I had a similar experience today. Woke up, had a shower and was getting dressed when I smelled something totally foul. I thought my wife had shit the bed. (Luckily, I didn't accuse her though) Went downstairs and found the laundry ankle deep in a pungent brown water. The spare toilet in the garage had overflowed and seeped under the door and into the laundry.<br><br>What a great way to start a Sunday morning, eh?[/quote]<br><br>Ah shit! The worst part of that story is that you're already on Sunday!<br><br>Glad you didn't accuse the wife though. Nothing worse than being the immediate suspect at the onset of a foul odor. <br><br>Hope it didn't ruin too much of your weekend!<br>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:11 pm 

I've cleaned it all up the best i can. Will call the plumber first thing in the morning (Monday). Why do these things always happen on Sunday, when tradesmens costs are so high.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:24 pm 

about a month ago i woke up to what sounded like a dripping faucet.  when i got up to investigate it turned out to be sewage leaking through the ceiling of my bathroom.  the dudes toilet upstairs was totally fucked and had been spewing out stankjuice for about an hour.  no tampoons though :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:24 am 

[quote author=ohpunky link=board=general;num=1078200301;start=0#12 date=03/06/04 at 19:24:08]about a month ago i woke up to what sounded like a dripping faucet.  when i got up to investigate it turned out to be sewage leaking through the ceiling of my bathroom.  the dudes toilet upstairs was totally fucked and had been spewing out stankjuice for about an hour.  no tampoons though :D[/quote]<br><br>This all reminds me of our former house here.   Strange black water started dripping from the door frame from our dining room to the kitchen.  Thought it was coming from the roof or some fault in the door way.<br><br>Turns out that the cast iron pipe going from our toilet upstairs was completely rusted away on the top.  I saw it when the plumbers came by to dig up the floor in the bathroom and the adjoining bedroom.  It looked like a trough filled with wet toilet paper.  So every time we flushed the results would just filter down through the house and went to the easiest channel, which was the door frame.<br><br>That was one thing at least, that the landlord couldn't blame on us. :D<br><br>Sab

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:50 am 

yeah apparently somebody was on the roof of our building and dropped a beer bottle down the vent for the pipes, but our landlord doesnt really do anything besides collect rent.  im pretty sure he won this building in a card game or something ::)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:15 am 

couple of years a go, the 'hood [mission distict of san fran] was overrun by silicon valley commies, taking gentrification to new levels....in response, local activist kevin keating aka nestor makhno *started the myep to make the mission a suv-free zone....vandalize yuppie cars & live/work lofts

* ukrainian anarchist, nestor ivanovich makhno
who was active in ukraine during the russian revolution

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:58 pm 

jimmie d wrote:
I guess I should have known that, with this group, this thread would eventually veer off in a scatological direction.
8)
zappa fans are all plumbers at heart

robert shelton, 25-dec-66 ny times interview wrote:
Mr. Zappa began serious composition at the age of 14.

"At 15 I gave it up and decided to become a plumber. How long did I stay in plumbing?

I'm still a plumber. . ."

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri May 18, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:28 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=general;num=1078200301;start=15#16 date=03/07/04 at 13:15:47] ::) couple of years a go, the 'hood [mission distict of san fran.] was being overrun by the silicon valley [font=arial black].[/font]commies, taking gentrification to new levels....in response, a local activist kevin keating aka nestor makhno* started the myep to make the mission a suv-free zone....vandalize yuppie cars & live/work lofts:<br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br><br>* Ukrainian anarchist, Nestor Ivanovich Makhno who was active in Ukraine during the Russian Revolution[/quote]<br><br>Sounds good to me.  Where do I sign up?  My neighborhood is unlikely to be "discovered".  Too much heavy truck traffic through here.  Indiana does not believe in routing trucks differently, because that's about the only jobs that are left around here.  However, I still hate SUV's.  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:40 pm 

Tonight, girls get the chance to wrestle pint-sized pub entertainer Andrew Roigard in an inflatable paddling pool full of jelly. <br>They've got three minutes to try to whip the 1.3m man's boxers off. Fear not, – he's wearing Speedos underneath. <br>Roigard, 63 kg, a 40-year-old Tauranga engineer, said the event was "risque but not rude", and wasn't exploitive of little people. <br>"This is just something I want to do and it's not hurting anyone," he said. "I'm an entertainer and this is a job." <br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br><br>[sub]The boys can't wrestle Roigard, but they can toss him down a polythene mat in an event called leprechaun curling. Roigard is smothered in cooking oil and the team that can get his belly button closest to a bullseye wins. <br><br>[/sub]<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:55 am 

[quote author=stride link=board=general;num=1078200301;start=15#23 date=03/09/04 at 23:40:44]Tonight, girls get the chance to wrestle pint-sized pub entertainer Andrew Roigard in an inflatable paddling pool full of jelly. <br>They've got three minutes to try to whip the 1.3m man's boxers off. Fear not, – he's wearing Speedos underneath. <br>Roigard, 63 kg, a 40-year-old Tauranga engineer, said the event was "risque but not rude", and wasn't exploitive of little people. <br>"This is just something I want to do and it's not hurting anyone," he said. "I'm an entertainer and this is a job." <br><br>[center]Image[/center]<br><br>[sub]The boys can't wrestle Roigard, but they can toss him down a polythene mat in an event called leprechaun curling. Roigard is smothered in cooking oil and the team that can get his belly button closest to a bullseye wins. <br><br>[/sub]<br>[/quote]<br>YEEHA! I'm bookin' a flight to the North Island right now. Grease up, Roigard.