Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Beatles
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:07 pm 

George Martin always seem to have some tear in his eye when he talked about good ol' days, specially when he remembered John. For a classical trained guy, he sure knew his shit. Enough to be able to see that these guys had some really innovative and interesting music deep down unto themselves. And to let them work freely. George and the boys was the perfect match.<br><br>Arkay, you hit the spot when you said that merchandising never did anything to the Beatles' music. I guess the guys couldn't care less.

Post subject: re: the beatles
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:11 pm 

hey bulldog

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:10 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=general;num=1058088291;start=330#336 date=09/08/04 at 12:05:13]<br>Beatles always made sure that their 45's never were included on their albums, anyway, because they didn't want to rip people off.<br>[/quote]<br><br>That makes no sense. Why would people buy both the 45 and the LP if the tracks were already on the LP?? Unless the 45 came out before the LP.<br>They probably did it to make more money, the scumfucs!!!!<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:27 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=general;num=1058088291;start=330#338 date=09/08/04 at 12:22:56]<br><br>when you bought the new Beatles album, you got ALL new tracks. That did not happen if you bought the latest album by, say, the Hollies... <br>which, I have to confess, I did...  ;D[/quote]<br><br>Looks like they did it to make more money, the scumfucs!!!! The 45 would sell millions and then the LP that's released around the same time would sell millions too.<br>Ha!! I smell BOY BAND tactics here!! More product for the dumb kiddies to buy!! Just like a BOY BAND!!<br><br>THE BEATLES = BOY BAND<br><br>Anything that starts countless trends and ridiculous hysteria in America is CRAP in my book!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:20 am 

Let's see...<br>I see hysteria,  tons of T-Shirts, lots of posters, and other gadgets with their name on it....<br><br>I got it...<br><br>METALLICA = BOYS BAND<br><br>OH !!!! WAIT !!!!!  THERE'S MORE !!!!!<br><br>Even Frank Zappa has T-Shirts and other gadgets to sell. Must I say... OH NO...NO, NOT THAT......<br><br>FRANK ZAPPA = BOYS BAND<br><br>here goes another illusion.... :'(<br><br>Thanks you for your wisdom, Mr Hard Rock Drummer  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:25 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1058088291;start=330#341 date=09/08/04 at 14:20:36]Let's see...<br>I see hysteria,  tons of T-Shirts, lots of posters, and other gadgets with their name on it....<br><br>FRANK ZAPPA = BOYS BAND<br><br>Thanks you for your wisdom, Mr Hard Rock Drummer  [/quote]<br><br>Hey Mij...<br>Shut your filthy, stench of asshole manpleaser, you dirty fucking French-Canadian shithook!!!<br>What the fuck do you know anyway??<br>Retard!! You talk all day about AMERICAN politics and <br>YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKING LIVE HERE!!! So... until you move here, you have NOTHING TO FUCKING SAY. You fucking piece of crap Chirac wannabe mother fucker!!<br>Shut the fuck up!! Really... just shut the fuck up!!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:46 pm 

Don't forget the FZ/Beatles collaboration, including<br><br>Let It Be In My Video<br>Hey Heavy Duty Jude<br>A Hard Days Night School<br>I Wanna Hold Your Hands With A Hammer<br>While My Guitar Gently Kills Your Mama<br>Ticket To Ride My Face To Chicago<br>Help I'm A Rocky Racoon<br>Here Comes The Son Of Monster Magnet<br>Nowhere Man With A Woman Head<br>Bungalow Billy The Mountain<br>Do You Want To Know A Secret Chord Progression<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:22 pm 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=general;num=1058088291;start=330#343 date=09/08/04 at 15:25:42]<br><br>Hey Mij...<br>Shut your filthy, stench of asshole manpleaser, you dirty fucking French-Canadian shithook!!!<br>What the fuck do you know anyway??<br>Retard!! You talk all day about AMERICAN politics and <br>YOU DON'T EVEN FUCKING LIVE HERE!!! So... until you move here, you have NOTHING TO FUCKING SAY. You fucking piece of crap Chirac wannabe mother fucker!!<br>Shut the fuck up!! Really... just shut the fuck up!!!<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>OH BOY, JPFUCK is sooooo angry. I'm sooooo impressed !!! Guess I won't be able to sleep tonight !   ::) :P  <br><br>BTW, you don't live in England. So why do you talk about the Beatles ?     ???<br><br>You'll hurt your throat !!!   :o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:20 pm 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=general;num=1058088291;start=345#346 date=09/08/04 at 19:25:55]<br>Hey Heavy Duty Jude<br>From the "If Only Frank Had Worked With..."-thread:<br>[/quote]<br><br>Oh yeah...........  ::)<br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:24 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1058088291;start=345#345 date=09/08/04 at 16:22:00]<br><br>BTW, you don't live in England. So why do you talk about the Beatles ?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Image<br><br>Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"<br>Frank Zappa: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:14 am 

John Lennon was a big PUSSY!!<br>And Frank knew it!!<br><br>Humo Magazine November 15, 1973<br><br><br>Humo: What I don’t grasp is why you and Lennon had to deliver such a bad record with “Some Time in New York City”. <br><br>Zappa: Well, I also still don’t understand how John had the guts to do that. It was pure private fun, there was no intention of these tapes ever seeing the light of day. If they really needed to be brought out, i would’ve like John a)to tell me about it and b) not to have messed around with the tapes so much… <br><br>Humo: What do you mean? <br><br>Zappa: Well yeah, John sort of censored those tapes. First, he let out all the Dirty Talk Mark and Howard uttered during that jam, and there was a lot of that. Next, he erased all the cursing words that some people from the audience directed to Yoko Ono, so you can hardly speak of a truthfull account on what happened that day. I’m a bit disappointed in John for this, i never would have expected it from him, but then again, what can you expect from friends. <br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:51 am 

Let me see my agenda, JPFuck... Wait a minute... No, I'm busy that day... then after that I have more important things to do...well...lemme check again... HA ! I got it !!!<br><br>OK, I think that Saturday, September 15th, 2096, I may have a 5 minute to spend thinking about how impressed I am by you. Does it fit your agenda ? If not, I can report it till next century...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next