Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:42 pm 

I've got to admit I did ::)....personally I thought the Moldavian entry should have won. Image<br>Moldova's Zdob si Zdub included a pensioner on percussion.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:35 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=general;num=1116744165;start=0#1 date=05/22/05 at 03:20:46]I've only seen the short bits (I kinda liked Albania) before the points were given and of course, the dividing of points. <br>If you are interested in European politics and relationships, go watch the finals of the Eurovision song contest and see how many points are given to each other.  ;D<br><br>(I lmao when I heard the eliminated Dutch candidate whining about 'corruption' of the countries the former Eastern Block, hahaha.)  [/quote]<br><br>Yeah...you can really pinpoint the relationships between the different countries..I find it funny myself and it's so camp :-*<br>

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:59 am 

Yes, i watched... from the 18th song up to the Dutch televoting results. I liked Hungary, Croatia (wolves die alone) and Turkey.<br><br>My sister accidentally voted for Germany! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:55 pm 

I watched it. In fact, I was at a 'Eurovision Party' so I saw the whole damn thing whilst pickling my brain and munching on crisps. We voted for the three blonde chicks in pink dresses, what country they were from I have no idea.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:34 am 

If you're referring to the Abba-clones (they sounded so much like ABBA I wondered if they could be sued for plagiarism), they were from Bosnia-Herzegovina. They ended on 14 or 15.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:17 am 

[quote author=Label link=board=general;num=1116744165;start=0#3 date=05/22/05 at 04:35:49]didn't watch it, holland didn't pass the half finals  :'(<br><br>Anyway, holland will never win...<br><br>ding a dong<br><br>Image<br><br><br><br>Teach in won the contest back in '75..<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>By the look of em they should have gone on to greater things ;D!!!<br><br>No the UK never win anymore...the songs are dire.<br>It must be said though that the UK singer was recovering from a throat infection...not that that's any excuse... cos it was a shit song!!<br><br>Image<br><br>I could'nt find a Eurovision picture of our singer, Javine, so I figured that this one would do...mmmmm nice!!! ;)<br>

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:47 am 

[center]THE ULTIMATE ZAPPA EUROPEAN SONG CONTEST!<br><br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Image[/center]<br><br>[center]October 2005<br><br>25 - Olympic Pavillion, Barcelona, Spain<br>27 - Milan Forum, Milan, Italy<br>28 - Palattomatica, Rome, Italy<br>31 - Wolverhampton Civic Hall, UK<br><br>November 2005<br><br>1 - Brighton Centre, UK<br>2 - London Royal Albert Hall<br>4 - Manchester Apollo<br>5 - Glasgow Clyde Auditorium<br>7 - La Zenith, Paris, France<br>8 - Kongresshaus, Zurich, Switzerland<br>10 - Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Netherlands<br>11- - Forest National Park, Brussels, Belgium<br>13 - Falkoner Theare, Copenhagen, Denmark<br>14 - Spektrum, Oslo, Norway<br>15 - Hovet, Stockholm, Sweden<br>17 - Arena Treptow, Berlin, Germany<br>18 - Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf, Germany<br>20 - T-Mobile Arena, Prague, Czech Repblic<br>22 - Budapest Sportarena, Budapest, Hungary[/center]

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:16 am 

[quote author=UNICA link=board=general;num=1116744165;start=0#11 date=05/23/05 at 13:47:06][center]THE ULTIMATE ZAPPA EUROPEAN SONG CONTEST!<br><br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D<br><br>Image[/center]<br><br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Looks good to me 8)<br>I dont know if FZ was aware of Eurovision, but I wonder what he would have made of it...something tells me that he would have found it amusing.<br>

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:59 pm 

[quote author=abbasidanyal link=board=general;num=1116744165;start=0#7 date=05/22/05 at 16:55:02]I watched it. In fact, I was at a 'Eurovision Party' so I saw the whole damn thing whilst pickling my brain and munching on crisps. We voted for the three blonde chicks in pink dresses, what country they were from I have no idea.[/quote]<br>Know what you mean....I had beer, and was playing music so watched it with the sound down....Only watched it for the tits.....

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:08 am 

[quote author=Bunna Dik link=board=general;num=1116744165;start=0#13 date=05/24/05 at 13:34:13] Spain re-does that Ketchup-song from hell, not understanding that that hype has faded long ago. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Fuckin' LOL!!! I think the Spanish song -the only one I have heard, 'cos I'm Spanish- was truly embarrasing. And we have to stand that shit every summer.    ::)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:40 am 

It's that time of the year again... Europe's yearly cheese-fest. Anyone gonna watch the semi-finals?

I'm gonna vote for Lordi this year: http://www.votelordi.org/ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:01 am 

When is the crap-fest? :)
I wanna kick their butt in here when the conversation starts.

I'm also gonna vote for Lordi. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:24 am 

Semi-finals are thursday, finals saturday.

Here's Hollands contribution to this year's competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLVj4bqE ... eurovision

These girls aren't too bad looking :mrgreen:, at least it's a major visual improvement compared to when they sent Willeke Alberti, a couple of years ago. The song itself sucks of course, pretty bad Dutch-English accents in the choruses too..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:33 am 

Oh Christ I haven't heard it until now...

Don't some people still understand that The Ketchup Song is about 5 years ago?? :? :x :roll:

Good looking indeed, though. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:27 pm 

Studebaker wrote:
It's that time of the year again...

GOD BLESS YOU, Studebaker! I had no idea it was that hallowed time again, and wouldn't miss it for the world! This should be a very dynamite show!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:39 pm 

Studebaker wrote:
It's that time of the year again... Europe's yearly cheese-fest. Anyone gonna watch the semi-finals?

I'm gonna vote for Lordi this year: http://www.votelordi.org/ :D

Does he really participate in the competition ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:34 pm 

I have just seen one song of the semi finals. That was Iceland. My god I hope they win. They made a complete mock out of everything and was booed at by the greek audience. Great fun. The male dancers were priceless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm 

Never seen it, but I'm guessing the music gets dumbed down a bit so it can be more popular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm 

I kinda hope Russia gets through. That guy just sucked so much I'd like to see him make a fool out of himself again.

Finland was great too, those hard-rock halleluya guys and gal-at-the-keyboard.

Ooh! Did you just see the lights in the podium break down during the hosting bit, at the beginning of the dance?