Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What I like in America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:20 pm 

• A lot of brave and proud peoples who truly believes in Freedom and equal chances for all<br>
  • Lots of good comedy shows<br>
  • Lots of good films of all sorts (6th sense, Matrix,...) <br>
  • Some great music get done (Zappa, of course, and others)<br>
  • Talented and ambitious people risk an honest chance of making it<br>
  • Great Landmarks and sceneries<br>
  • Best guitars (Thanks to Stephen !)<br>
  • Great Golf by Tiger (well not this week-end though)<br>
  • Cars from the 50/60 are way too much (Belair 57)<br>
  • Southern girls are irresistible<br>
  • Cheap restaurants (OK for a family traveling)<br>
  • Cheap Motels (same reason)<br>
  • Some great American people in this forum I'd like to meet<br>
<br><br>That's all I can think of right now. And I'm truely sincere. You already know what I don't like (US politics). Call to US outsiders to put up their own here if they dare.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:12 pm 

Despite the truly horrible commercials, the 1/3 lb. Thickburger at Hardee's is actually really good. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:25 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#1 date=03/28/04 at 15:12:39]Despite the truly horrible commercials, the 1/3 lb. Thickburger at Hardee's is actually really good. :D[/quote]<br>LOL !<br><br>What happened to the ol' Big Mac ?<br><br>I think we don't have any Hardee's here. My favorite burgers come from Burger King or Wendy's.<br><br>I also do like Pizza Hut a lot.   8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:49 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#0 date=03/28/04 at 14:20:01]
  • A lot of brave and proud peoples who truly believes in Freedom and equal chances for all [glow=red,2,300]and some who just want to kick some towel head ass[/glow]<br>
  • Lots of good comedy shows [glow=red,2,300]Nothing as good as we got from the Python boys[/glow]<br>
  • Lots of good films of all sorts (6th sense, Matrix,...) [glow=red,2,300]Never saw either of them, but you'll have to take credit for Keanu...I think he's Canadian [/glow]<br>
  • Some great music get done (Zappa, of course, and others) [glow=red,2,300]Zappa ups our credibility quite a bit! Thanks Frank![/glow]<br>
  • Talented and ambitious people risk an honest chance of making it [glow=red,2,300] Many talentless and lazy as well[/glow]<br>
  • Great Landmarks and sceneries [glow=red,2,300] We've got some beautiful stuff for sure, but many different parts of the world can take your breath away[/glow]<br>
  • Best guitars (Thanks to Stephen !) [glow=red,2,300] probably only assembled in America[/glow]<br>
  • Great Golf by Tiger (well not this week-end though) [glow=red,2,300]Golf? I think I'd rather watch the Dweezil and Lisa show[/glow]<br>
  • Cars from the 50/60 are way too much (Belair 57) [glow=red,2,300]...and then there was the Pinto[/glow]<br>
  • Southern girls are irresistible [glow=red,2,300]especially the ones you see on Jerry Springer who have more rolls of fat than teeth[/glow]<br>
  • Cheap restaurants (OK for a family traveling) [glow=red,2,300] Don't forget, Ya get what you pay for.[/glow]<br>
  • Cheap Motels (same reason) [glow=red,2,300]Somehow "family" doesn't come to mind when I think "cheap motels". Scabies or lice, maybe, but not "family".[/glow]<br>
  • Some great American people in this forum I'd like to meet [glow=red,2,300]I love you too Mij! [/glow]<br>
<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I spend day in and day out with Americans and I don't think they're all that great. In fact, I see many of them behaving in a selfish and ignorant manner most of the time.<br><br>Here's an example from just today! I was jet-skiing at my regular spot in the Everglades today and as usual some moron started smashing beer bottles for fun. I made it clear that the kid smashing bottles was a moron and nothing else was said. No more bottles were smashed. I hopped on my ski to take a ride and was soon followed by the bottle smashing kid and two grown men in a boat. This lovely American man driving  his fast American boat gained full speed and then swurved toward me. His goal was obviously to knock me off my ski and/or scare me. He wizzed by me close enough that if I had thought quick enough I could've kicked him in his big fat ugly American face, and fast enough to slice my ass to shreds if I had fallen from my ski. Typical American! Instead of gathering up some balls and confronting me about calling his kid a moron, he decides to chase me down on a (tiny little stand-up)ski with his boat. <br><br>When I cruised back to shore and told hubby of the happenings, he jumped on another (big ass sit-down)ski to confront the guys. When he caught up to them at the dock he was met with a shower of beer cans. When a bottle skimmed the top of his ski, hubby stirred up enough wake to smash the guys boat up against the dock. The response to this.... the guy flashed hubby his tiny little penis!! Hubby laughed at the penis and hit the boat with a heavy metal bar, and that was the end of that.<br><br>While this is not a normal occurance, his response was not a surprise to me. It was very typically American. Instead of teaching his kid a lesson about smashing beer bottles on a beach, the kid learned a totally different lesson.<br><br>Don't let guys like Frank fool you, most Americans suck ass.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:19 pm 

Quite a story, Wife. Jesus. I'm reminded of a movie...<br>Image<br>If you hear banjos next time, GET OUT OF THERE FAST!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 5:29 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#4 date=03/28/04 at 19:19:25]Quite a story, Wife. Jesus. I'm reminded of a movie...<br>Image<br>If you hear banjos next time, GET OUT OF THERE FAST!!![/quote]<br><br><br>Hahahaha! Shit, that adds a whole new perspective! Ick!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:14 pm 

Well, Wife, there's assholes everywhere on this planet. No shortage...<br><br>Here's a situation, by the way, you won't find in USA (nor Canada either), and that I've been aware of today, and I just can't stop thinking about it now, and I just can't find a solution...<br><br>My daughter goes to a Montreal University and she shared an appartment with a young Marocain boy. She has her room. He has his room. No romance between them. No sex. Only frienship. And share of the expenses. <br><br>Well, that boy's parents called him to say that he'll have to come back to Maroc, after school's over, to engage with a girl they found for him. I have to say that his parents pay expenses while he's in Montreal studying. And my daughter just phoned me to tell me that, not knowing what to say or do.<br><br>I've met the poor chap one day. Like almost all Marocain, he's Muslim. He don't dig it. Just like us when we were born and automatically, bingo, we're Catholic. He wants to live a free life, making his own choices. And no one can't blame him for that. He's a charming shy kind of guy, very respectful. I can imagine the sorrow he's in right now and I fear it will end in a tragic way.<br><br>So, apart from politics (US and Canadian) which sucks to the limit, let's say that at least it's a situation we'll never have to face.<br><br>Do you have any idea how he can escape that situation ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:28 pm 

(Off the Topic of America)<br><br>[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#6 date=03/28/04 at 21:14:03]Here's a situation, by the way, you won't find in USA (nor Canada either), and that I've been aware of today, and I just can't stop thinking about it now, and I just can't find a solution...[/quote]<br>Oh, my God, Mij!  That is SO SAD!!!   :'(<br><br>Unfortunately...I have no "solution" to that predicament at this time, either, but...it reminds me of something that happened to a co-worker of mine quite a few years ago that I feel like sharing, right now.   :(<br><br>I was the manager of a card store in a Mall where the owners of the store (a school-friend of mine's parents) and most of the workers there were from India.<br><br>One of my co-workers (I'll call her "Jay") who like most Indians was Hindu fell in love with an Indian man who was Muslim.  They dated each other (no sex) WITHOUT their families knowing about it and knowing that they could NEVER actually BE "together forever."   :(<br><br>One day...Jay told me that her family had found someone who lived in India that she "had" to marry.  She could actually REFUSE but...then her family would just keep finding different guys for her and...if she kept refusing...she could ultimately be "forced" to marry someone "against her will"!   :'(<br><br>So...she told me that she was going to go off to India to meet him and to see if she would agree to marry him.  She was SOOOOOOOOO depressed because she Loved the Muslim man sooooooooo MUCH!   :'(<br><br>(I know that this is long but...bear with me...it gets so much WORSE!!!)   :'(   :'(   :'(<br><br>Cut to the chase...she goes to India...meets the man and agrees to marry him.  They get married in India and then she returns to the US and waits for all the "legalities" for him to come and live with her here.<br><br>When she came back to work after returning from India...she pulled me over to the side one day and told me about something that happened to her that made my BLOOD BOIL even MORE than just the fact that she was FORCED to marry someone who she DID NOT LOVE!   >:(<br><br>Jay told me that...on the first night of her Honeymoon...she wasn't able to have sex with her new husband.  OF COURSE NOT!  She was a virgin and having sex for the first time with ANYONE is "intimidating" enough without the ADDED BULLSHIT that she did NOT Love the Man...and the Man she DID Love...she could NEVER HAVE!   :'(<br><br>Anyway...here's the part that makes me want to hunt down and KILL a Man or two!   >:(<br><br>The next day...her husband took her to a gynecologist.  Her husband and the (male) gynecologist spoke a bit...then the husband left the room and the "Dr." closed the door.  This ASSHOLE then walked over to my friend...SHOVED his finger as hard as he could into her vagina (to rupture her hymen) without having said a WORD to her...and then told her that that was all...she could leave!   >:(   >:(   >:(<br><br>(*sadness, anger, and hatred the DEPTH of which there are NO words to describe*)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:26 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#6 date=03/28/04 at 21:14:03]Do you have any idea how he can escape that situation ? [/quote]<br><br>Since he's in college I recommend an Intro To Philosophy course; by the time he gets into Existentialism, he'll understand that he has the freedom to do whatever he wants. Sounds like he might not have time to do that, though. Plus I'm sure he would have visa issues and have to get a job after his parents cut him off. He's in a tough spot, for sure.<br>Maybe some Zappa records. That's what got me started on giving myself the OK to set my own mind free from heavy religious influences and other people's expectations.<br><br>If he wants control of his own life, he can either do it now, do it later, or never do it. Ultimately, those are his only 3 options.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:49 am 

... Why, this is easy,.....it's the telemarketeers of course,...those pushy, resilient, robotic morons that call at all hours of the day,...even on Sunday, to sell you something you don't need,...yeah, I love those bastards,... oh, yeah, and the sociopathic retards out there that create computer viruses,... I feel sorry for them,...they don't have a life, and are pathetic, loners that probably still live at home with mummy, and daddy,...if,...they haven't killed them already,.... :o :o

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:08 am 

Wow Gypsy.  That was a really horrific story.   It sure don't leave you with that life affirming feeling.   I know of so many stories abou these arranged marriages, it's not just the religion, refusing means shunning your family as well.  It sucks but in the end, like Frank says, if you let any religion blablabla it's your own fault.  What happened with that doctor though is just vile.   It's just so horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:10 am 

[quote author=zaigoat link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#11 date=03/29/04 at 05:49:19]... Why, this is easy,.....it's the telemarketeers of course,...those pushy, resilient, robotic morons that call at all hours of the day,...even on Sunday, to sell you something you don't need,...yeah, I love those bastards,... oh, yeah, and the sociopathic retards out there that create computer viruses,... I feel sorry for them,...they don't have a life, and are pathetic, loners that probably still live at home with mummy, and daddy,...if,...they haven't killed them already,.... :o :o[/quote]<br>well my daddy says some people don't deserve computers

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:13 am 

Route 66

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:01 am 

Gypsy--that is a truely sad story. But when you said she went to the doctor, I thought for a moment he was going to perform a clitorectomy on her!!! :o This is still used in some olaces so the woman will not enjoy sex, so she won't run off with another man. Okay, I'm over-simplifying the reason, but it's mainly done to keep the women in line!! how insecure in your manhood do you gotta be to mutilate the most holy of holies on a woman's body? Truely sick.<br><br><br><br><br><br>                 ...On a much lighter note, Unca Bernie, I'm witchoo---Route 66 (what there is left of it) is the best!!! ;D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:18 am 

<br>IT'S THE GOLF COURSES STUPID!<br><br>and the invention of the 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 for which i am a proud owner. <br><br>The invention of JAZZ.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:12 am 

There's a Major flaw in this religious thinking.<br><br>In all religions, God is supposed to judge us, after our death, on our actions. Actions mean choices we've made in our lives. An imposed wedding is not a choice. How can God, who by the way is the most fervent adept of free will, can judge someone on his actions if his actions are imposed on him ? Any religion that impose things like is in the wrong and, may I say, Anti-God !<br><br>I realised I just said that a religion like Islam is Anti-God. How many more ennemies did I made today ?  ::)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:40 pm 

;D<br> <br>God is great, whatever "God" is. I really like the job God did making those massive Redwood trees that live to be over 2,000 years old.  WAY impressive.<br>But God sure has a lot of assholes who claim to be his representatives. :-/  <br> <br>My guess is God isn't thrilled about them, either. ::) <br> <br>But I bet God is amused to no end by our definitions of God over the centuries. I bet none of them are even close. <br> <br>Except maybe "The Force" on Star Wars........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:07 pm 

I love that we have different places to go and see different climates and there's always an atm nearby(:<br>Pacific Northwest with it's rain forest and skiing and hot springs and volcanos...<br>The Southwest with its desert beauty and incredible starry sky...<br>And why go to San Juan for a vacation, just go to Florida...all the palm trees and sunsets you could possibly want(:<br>I like that America is varied, and all right here(:<br>I also like that we always have toilet paper, hot and cold water, heat, and the power's always on(:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:09 pm 

BTW, some pictures from around the countryside(:<br><br>http://znakomi.com/znakomicom_photoarchive_main.htm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:45 am 

the gangsters, the drugs 'n the bitches....gotta love dem bitches

Solipsism Twitter
Solipsism Shitface