Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:44 am 

The fact that it can still somehow hold up despite the Republicans, Democrats and those who own them.<br><br>--Batchain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:58 am 

"america" the continent?<br>or "united states of america" the country in northamerica?<br>not the same,<br>you wouldn't say "what i like in europe" when you're talking about<br>france only,<br>america is a big continent not represented by USA,<br>anyway, besides zappa and jazz and a couple of people, nothing<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:03 am 

[quote author=googly moogly link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#76 date=01/21/06 at 07:58:14]"america" the continent?<br>or "united states of america" the country in northamerica?<br>not the same,<br>you wouldn't say "what i like in europe" when you're talking about<br>france only,<br>america is a big continent not represented by USA,<br>anyway, besides zappa and jazz and a couple of people, nothing<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>c'mon googly, there must be more things than that  ;D

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:28 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=0#0 date=03/28/04 at 14:20:01][list][*]A lot of brave and proud peoples who truly believes in Freedom and equal chances for all<br><br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Either the most pathetic, ignorant, sad, brain-dead statement of the 21st century or the best joke ever.<br><br>Actually, let me rephrase this: If it wasn’t the most pathetic, ignorant, sad, brain-dead statement of the 21st century, it would have been the best joke ever. <br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:33 am 

Hersheys. Proper Root Beer. Some of their beers. Jack Daniels. Jim Beam. Wild Turkey.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:19 am 

Mij, I have to commend you on the positive comments about the great nation of which I'm a citizen but I'm just curious, what were you smokin' that day?  ???

they never won't

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:23 am 

[quote author=the man from Uranus link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#78 date=01/21/06 at 09:28:50]<br><br>Either the most pathetic, ignorant, sad, brain-dead statement of the 21st century or the best joke ever.<br><br>Actually, let me rephrase this: If it wasn’t the most pathetic, ignorant, sad, brain-dead statement of the 21st century, it would have been the best joke ever. <br>[/quote]<br>There's still some who do believe in Freedom and equal chances for all, mostly called honest common folks. (or hypocryte politicians)<br><br>With time, cynism will get to them, as it got to the rest !<br><br>They may be wrong to believe in those things, in the Grandeur of USA, nevertheless, it makes for some interesting people and I can't question their integrity. They're living a dream ? Yeah, sure, but sometime I like to be remembered what was this America all about in the beginning.  <br><br>Just too bad it didn't work.    :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:03 pm 

The Kustom Kars of George Barris<br>[center]Image[/center]<br>[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:40 pm 

[quote author=PappaWas1975 link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#79 date=01/21/06 at 09:33:28]Hersheys. Proper Root Beer. Some of their beers. Jack Daniels. Jim Beam. Wild Turkey. [/quote]<br>[center]Image[/center]<br><br>--Bat :-X

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:01 pm 

[quote author=My_Name_Is_Fritz link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#84 date=01/21/06 at 16:58:54]Image[/quote]<br><br>Image<br>I just couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:28 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:49 pm 

[quote author=PappaWas1975 link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#79 date=01/21/06 at 09:33:28]Hersheys. Proper Root Beer.  [/quote]<br><br><br>Aren't those Canadian?<br><br>[quote author=googly moogly link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#76 date=01/21/06 at 07:58:14]"america" the continent?<br>or "united states of america" the country in northamerica?<br>not the same,<br>you wouldn't say "what i like in europe" when you're talking about<br>france only,<br>america is a big continent not represented by USA,<br>[/quote]<br><br>Agreed<br><br> ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:18 pm 

[center]Image[/center]The Nazca Desert is a high plateau about sixty miles long and five miles wide on the coast of Peru, some 250 miles south of Lima. At some time before 1000 BCE, the Nazca Valley was inhabited by a people who developed advanced farming methods that allowed them to build an irrigation system, improve their crops, and expand the area of land they could farm. Over the next 1,500 years, they also developed outstanding skills in weaving, pottery, and architecture. The Nazca were wiped out after the Spanish conquest, so that piece of history is quite blank. Perhaps the most fascinating of their cultural achievements was the creation of a remarkable ground art -- the exact purpose of which remains a mystery. <br>[center]Image[/center]<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:42 am 

Can't really say from personal experience - I only went there for lunch and I don't remember what I had or if it was good.<br><br>Things I like FROM America, that's easier:<br><br>FZ (and a few other musicians)<br>some of the movies<br>some of the tv<br>bill bryson<br>old, battered Levi's (not the shite they make these days that looks like Tesco circa 1970)<br>Corvette Sting Rays (especially 63-67)<br>Plymouth 'Cudas<br>60's Mustangs<br>Dodge Challengers and Vipers<br>Maine blueberries<br><br>.... still thinking<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:13 am 

[quote author=Milton_Bradley link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#88 date=01/22/06 at 17:18:27][center]Image[/center]The Nazca Desert is a high plateau about sixty miles long and five miles wide on the coast of Peru, some 250 miles south of Lima. At some time before 1000 BCE, the Nazca Valley was inhabited by a people who developed advanced farming methods that allowed them to build an irrigation system, improve their crops, and expand the area of land they could farm. Over the next 1,500 years, they also developed outstanding skills in weaving, pottery, and architecture. The Nazca were wiped out after the Spanish conquest, so that piece of history is quite blank. Perhaps the most fascinating of their cultural achievements was the creation of a remarkable ground art -- the exact purpose of which remains a mystery. <br>[center]Image[/center]<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rant;action=display;num=1075297360;start=0<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:19 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=75#81 date=01/21/06 at 10:23:03]<br>There's still some who do believe in Freedom and equal chances for all, mostly called honest common folks. (or hypocryte politicians)<br><br>With time, cynism will get to them, as it got to the rest !<br><br>They may be wrong to believe in those things, in the Grandeur of USA, nevertheless, it makes for some interesting people and I can't question their integrity. They're living a dream ? Yeah, sure, but sometime I like to be remembered what was this America all about in the beginning.  <br><br>Just too bad it didn't work.    :P[/quote]<br><br>Mij, Welcome aboard, seeing Canadian elections just voted in Stephen Harper of the Canadian Conservative Party as Prime Minister ending 13 years of liberal control. I feel for you, the fighting has just begun seeing the conservatives didn't win a majority of seats in Parliment.  8)<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:47 am 

[quote author=ZardozII link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=90#91 date=01/24/06 at 07:19:22]<br><br>Mij, Welcome aboard, seeing Canadian elections just voted in Stephen Harper of the Canadian Conservative Party as Prime Minister ending 13 years of liberal control. I feel for you, the fighting has just begun seeing the conservatives didn't win a majority of seats in Parliment.  8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>It may be or not be the best thing for the Sovereignty cause. It will depend on what Harper will do. If his politics stays Center, it'll be of no effect, but he goes Right, and he'll get a lot of pressure from his base to do so, some peoples who voted for a change in Quebec won't take it. They'll think that if we can't make it with a Liberal government, AND a Conservative government, what the fuck ? So, I'm hoping and I'm waiting...<br><br>In Quebec, it was punishing time for the Liberals. They got about 26% of the vote (37% on 2004 and 41% in 2000). And it's bye-bye for Paul Martin and some of his ministers in Quebec (Frulla, Paradis, Pettigrew (yeah!!!)). <br><br>Unfortunately, Stephane Dion and Jean Lapierre will stay, due to the fact that their electors are a vast majority of immigrants and anglophones who will always vote for the Liberals no matter what. Should these two guys have the courage to face their peers, it would be another story. They'll never do that. Cowards. They know pretty down well that they'll get the beating of their life.<br><br>It's all down to Harper now. As for myself, I'll still stand as a sovereignty convinced supporter. Haven't heard a reason strong enough to make me change my mind.<br><br>Cheers...   8)  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:38 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=90#92 date=01/24/06 at 10:47:21]<br><br>It may be or not be the best thing for the Sovereignty cause. It will depend on what Harper will do. If his politics stays Center, it'll be of no effect, but he goes Right, and he'll get a lot of pressure from his base to do so, some peoples who voted for a change in Quebec won't take it. They'll think that if we can't make it with a Liberal government, AND a Conservative government, what the fuck ? So, I'm hoping and I'm waiting...<br><br>In Quebec, it was punishing time for the Liberals. They got about 26% of the vote (37% on 2004 and 41% in 2000). And it's bye-bye for Paul Martin and some of his ministers in Quebec (Frulla, Paradis, Pettigrew (yeah!!!)). <br><br>Unfortunately, Stephane Dion and Jean Lapierre will stay, due to the fact that their electors are a vast majority of immigrants and anglophones who will always vote for the Liberals no matter what. Should these two guys have the courage to face their peers, it would be another story. They'll never do that. Cowards. They know pretty down well that they'll get the beating of their life.<br><br>It's all down to Harper now. As for myself, I'll still stand as a sovereignty convinced supporter. Haven't heard a reason strong enough to make me change my mind.<br><br>Cheers...   8)   [/quote]<br><br>I heard Harper is gonna be pro Star Wars, anti-Kyoto protocol and will alligne with Bush... Hope it isn't true...<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:46 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=90#92 date=01/24/06 at 10:47:21]<br><br>It may be or not be the best thing for the Sovereignty cause. It will depend on what Harper will do. If his politics stays Center, it'll be of no effect, but he goes Right, and he'll get a lot of pressure from his base to do so, some peoples who voted for a change in Quebec won't take it. They'll think that if we can't make it with a Liberal government, AND a Conservative government, what the fuck ? So, I'm hoping and I'm waiting...<br><br>In Quebec, it was punishing time for the Liberals. They got about 26% of the vote (37% on 2004 and 41% in 2000). And it's bye-bye for Paul Martin and some of his ministers in Quebec (Frulla, Paradis, Pettigrew (yeah!!!)). <br><br>Unfortunately, Stephane Dion and Jean Lapierre will stay, due to the fact that their electors are a vast majority of immigrants and anglophones who will always vote for the Liberals no matter what. Should these two guys have the courage to face their peers, it would be another story. They'll never do that. Cowards. They know pretty down well that they'll get the beating of their life.<br><br>It's all down to Harper now. As for myself, I'll still stand as a sovereignty convinced supporter. Haven't heard a reason strong enough to make me change my mind.<br><br>Cheers...   8)   [/quote]<br><br>From what I've read that his politics are closer to  the likes of our republicans, and he wants a stronger military, isn't to fond of the Kyoto treaty. Washington is finding it a plus, meaning they hope it means better relationship with the United States and Dubya's policies. With the divides in your Parliment between conservatives 124 seats, liberals 103 seats, Bloc Quebecois 51 seats, New Democrats 29 seats, and one independant it should get interesting.   8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:21 am 

You're right. Harper here is called mini-Bush.<br><br>It's so far from my values. But it may be interesting to see how people will react if he goes on with his politics. I cross my fingers. It may be the push that we need !<br><br> 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:58 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=90#95 date=01/24/06 at 12:21:27]You're right. Harper here is called mini-Bush.<br><br>It's so far from my values. But it may be interesting to see how people will react if he goes on with his politics. I cross my fingers. It may be the push that we need !<br><br> 8)[/quote]<br><br>As an exiled francophone, federalist, Liberal party suporter all i can do is quote Mij' buy line.... "No doubt were doomed!"<br><br>One question though! Who the fuck is the independent seat owner? Has Elvis been sighted again or what???<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:11 am 

Well before I go into the Canadian politics thing, I just want to say, What is this about idealizing the birth of America?  From what I can see, it is still the religious extremists who got kicked out of Europe and genocidically stole a continent.   Not much has changed.   <br>And MIJ, are you saying you voted for Steffan?   maybe I misread you, but I can't fucking BELIEVE the Bloq lost seats to the conservatives!    I would have understood Quebec trying to lose the Liberals, but the COnservatives?????Quebec is supposed to the most sovially and fiscally liberal province in Canada. Christ, if I lived in Quebec, I'd vote Bloq.   godammit, as if so many ridings got sold on his pandering to decentralization issues.   I agree fully that the different regions of Canada should have complete control over finances and laws of all shapes and forms, I feel Canada should be a trading and currency sharing union, but that legally it should be FAR more decentralized, but the Conservative social agenda will be DIRECTLY opposite to that.   They will enforce their values on a federal level.   All their decentralizing platforms will benefit Alberta and Alberta only.   sad days, though having multiple parties in Canada has shown often the best governments are the minority ones, as it is so hard to pass bills with so few votes.   We shall see....... NDP have been declared 30 by the way.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:19 am 

By the way, did everyone here realize that our governments have already been in the process of discussing the Pan-American Union?   Regardless of Harper getting in or not, the Liberals have already been plotting this.   And this includes Mexico too.  Common laws, common currency.  This will happen in our lifetime.   And what do you think that will do to North American Labour laws?  What do you think?

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:21 pm 

[quote author=FOWL link=board=general;num=1080512401;start=90#97 date=01/25/06 at 08:11:42]And MIJ, are you saying you voted for Steffan?[/quote]<br>Reread me again. "It's so far from my values" !<br>NO, I DIDN'T VOTE HARPER. I see no reason in doing that. I voted BLOC, as always.<br><br>How come we lost 6% in the results ? I guess we need to work more on convincing the soft ones, those who still think that paying two income taxes is the best thing that could happen to them. Those who think that throwing their money at Ottawa and crying out loud to get it back while people are litteraly agonising in the hospital's aisles is a sure fine way to live. Those who think that Ottawa does a very fine job at spending our hard earned cash. Those who can wait so long to get things done that you'd have to be Super-Mario and have at least three lives to finally see some progress.<br> :P<br>You see, botom line, you can't never underestimate peoples' stupidity. When you think it's gone, it keeps coming back. I remember that Frank already said something like that.<br><br>As for Harper, if he goes Right, as I suspect he'll do in the long run (it may takes a year or two) because of the pressure he'll get from his base, that'll only help the Sovereignty cause.<br> <br>Hang until then, as best as you can !   8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next