Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: FERGUSON
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 am 

I just need to vent on this a bit.

I was born in East St. Louis, and I have lived and worked in the area from time to time. I have done jobs in Ferguson and other suburbs around it, mostly cable work and electric service disconnections. I know the area and the people of St. Louis quite well, although I don't live there anymore.

It's a very separated place. There is quite a lot of racial hatred...it's all black versus white and vice-versa. There are many, many white skin-headed cops in all those towns, and I know from experience that many of them are downright racist in the way they act and perform their duties. It disgusts me, but talking to folks around there always turns into "that's just the way it is".

I have said from time to time that the powers that be want us fighting each other in the street. The militarization of our police forces is now on display for all the world to see. The video kind of looks like a bad movie about a bad future. The way I see it, the elite and the media were hoping for worse, and they are trying to make it worse.

The police officer, Darren Wilson, skin-headed asshole, should be in jail. Anyone else in that position would be in jail, and nobody I have ever heard of in the same situation would get to wait for a grand jury decision before being locked up. If the grand jury does not come back with an indictment, I think we can expect the city to explode with anger.

This is what they want...and on another note, they also want World War III, but that is another discussion.

To top it all off, Wilson has received over $250,000 in donations for his "defense".

http://www.orrazz.com/2014/08/ferguson- ... wn-to.html

The blatancy of it boggles the mind.

Fuck the police.

Post subject: Re: FERGUSON
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 am 

The worst part is they keep showing the video of this kid stealing a box of cigars earlier in the day. I don't believe for one minute that the cop recognized this kid as the robbery suspect from earlier that day. They are using that footage to try to warrant what this officer did. Even if he did recognize him as the robbery suspect, you're going to kill someone over a box of cigars? That would qualify as an abuse of power, in my opinion. This is a fucked up situation, and I only see it as getting worse.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 am 

Everyone owns a cellphone including camera but there is no footage? What about a blood toxicology report?

I signed on the line for seven long years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:38 am 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Everyone owns a cellphone including camera but there is no footage? What about a blood toxicology report?

Maybe not there, but a few miles away....

Cell Phone Video Emerges That Refutes St. Louis Cops Version of Shooting

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cell-p ... -shooting/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:48 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Everyone owns a cellphone including camera but there is no footage?

Bingo. Seems odd with a capital Oh?

Cameras are the only thing that might --
should put a stop to the unnecessary abuse/murder dished out by these "protect and servers".
I remember when the car cams were first installed in police vehicles.
The arrestee would usually seem to "stumble/trip/fall" out of view of the camera.

That was cute.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:56 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:

Maybe not there, but a few miles away....

Cell Phone Video Emerges That Refutes St. Louis Cops Version of Shooting

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cell-p ... -shooting/

What a fool. He stole from a store (perhaps one that recently may have been burglarized or vandalized by the neighborhood mob) just enough to get the attention of the police who are already stirred up like a swarm of hornets. He called his friend who came to record it possibly in hopes of posting on social media to show how he could manipulate the cops into backing down. Then when they show up he goads them into an attack. "Shoot me, shoot me now motherfucker!" Then proceed to approach when he was clearly and repeatedly instructed to stop and drop whatever he had in his hand.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:14 pm 

While I think the use of force in this case could easily be labeled excessive, I think the officer deserves the same right of presumed innocence we are all supposed to enjoy (far too often this right is not apparent).

I will say this, the autopsy reports mapping of the gunshot wounds show that the friends witness accounts is completely unsupported. Also they are more in line with the officers account as relayed by a family friend via a radio program.

Keep in mind the young man shot was 6’ 4” and 290 lbs. I am not sure how big everyone here is, but the guy is a giant compared to most people and if the officers account is even partially accurate, he was in a fight for his life.

Again I have not drawn any conclusion, but right now it is looking good for the officer and the bad news is if his account turns out to set him free, there will be a problem.

Thats my 2 cents worth... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:56 pm 

6 police officers were fired here in Omaha 3 or 4 years ago for unnecessary violence against a black male. They didn't know they were being filmed.

http://www.omaha.com/news/th-omaha-police-officer-loses-job-over-rd-seward-street/article_49a67e58-5dfc-569d-93a1-f97effa923bc.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:04 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
I just need to vent on this a bit.

The blatancy of it boggles the mind.

Fuck the police.

Only 6 bullets, this time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:47 pm 

The video linked to by JPD is of another shooting, this one a few days later in St. Louis. A man known to be mentally disturbed (yet still on the street) approached the police with a knife in his hand and the police shot him many times.

No video of the Ferguson shooting has surfaced. This is a cellphone video taken by a witness from her window after the shooting:

http://www.thewrap.com/michael-brown-sh ... ght-video/

Mike Brown was said to have marijuana in his system...no shit, he was at the store getting cigarillos for rolling blunts. Potsmoking is common in STL. He does appear to be aggressive in the video, but maybe it's because he was falsely accused...if this video exists, then surely there is a cash register video that would prove whether or not he paid for the cigarillos, there always is with store security cameras...but it has not been released...why?

The issue is not about Brown being a thief (or not). The issue is a militarized police force behaving as if average citizens were guilty terrorists. This is what protesters witnessed, guns pointed at them with threats to kill shouted by police.

http://12160.info/page/fergp1

Here's a little ditty about an area cop's Facebook statements about the protests...

http://www.newsforage.com/2014/08/st-lo ... sters.html

...having met a few of the local law enforcement "professionals", I'd say he isn't far from average for around there.

An unarmed man was shot six times. If you or I did that we would go straight to jail. Darren Wilson needs to be arrested and tried like any other suspect goddammit cops are out of control and taught to be that way...the evidence is all over the web, but not on the television news, because we all know that the mainstream is controlled by people that want us all dead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 pm 

Volunteers helping with clean up efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 pm 

Plook wrote:
While I think the use of force in this case could easily be labeled excessive, I think the officer deserves the same right of presumed innocence we are all supposed to enjoy (far too often this right is not apparent).

I will say this, the autopsy reports mapping of the gunshot wounds show that the friends witness accounts is completely unsupported. Also they are more in line with the officers account as relayed by a family friend via a radio program.

Keep in mind the young man shot was 6’ 4” and 290 lbs. I am not sure how big everyone here is, but the guy is a giant compared to most people and if the officers account is even partially accurate, he was in a fight for his life.

Again I have not drawn any conclusion, but right now it is looking good for the officer and the bad news is if his account turns out to set him free, there will be a problem.

Thats my 2 cents worth... :smoke:

A voice of reason there, Plook. A lot of people seem to have a real hard time not jumping to a conclusion one way or the other. Too many people just believe what they want to believe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:34 am 

Bullshit.

He was unarmed. One bullet would have been sufficient, if that.

The cop belongs in jail. This is how it works. You go to jail, you post bail, you get tried. This is what would happen to any of us if we shot an unarmed someone six times in the street.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 am 

A rope leash, I think the problem you are having is that
you are putting cops in the same catagory as rational-thinking, non bullying human beings.

I learned to draw that line long ago. Thick and dark.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:30 am 

Here's a novel idea... HOW ABOUT NOT ATTACKING COPS AND FUCKING BEHAVE YOURSELF?

This asshole got what he deserved.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:32 am 

A rope leash wrote:
Bullshit.

He was unarmed. One bullet would have been sufficient, if that.

The cop belongs in jail. This is how it works. You go to jail, you post bail, you get tried. This is what would happen to any of us if we shot an unarmed someone six times in the street.

No it wasn't. He shot him in the arm 4 times and the guy kept charging him more than likely in an effort to take his gun and kill him. Fuck that thug, he got what was coming to him. BEHAVE!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:36 am 

That behave = no problem policy sounds good and well, but...
often times cops get a bad name for a reason. I know this via experience.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:34 am 

lapsed maps wrote:
That behave = no problem policy sounds good and well, but...
often times cops get a bad name for a reason. I know this via experience.

I grew up in LA and the Sheriffs there had their own gang, many of my friends were harassed for drugs or beat, being a long hair then was just a step up from minority. Terri's boyfriend when she was in high school was shot in the head and killed by a Sheriff, the kid was hiding under a car, it went down as an accidentel shooting.

I am by no means nieve to the possibilities, I just think we need to let the facts come out and so far the gun shot pattern supports the officers story and contridicts what the on site witness's claim.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:26 am 

“By the ‘minority community,’ I suppose you’re talking about the hoods.” The Enforcer
That’s Harry’s response to getting dressed down by his boss for appearing insensitive to racial issues. The line reduces the politically savvy McKay to sputtering. You’ve got to love how Harry can turn accusations of racism back on the accuser with such ease. He should’ve gone into politics.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 am 

What do you want me to do? Yell "Tick or Treat" at them? - Harry Callahan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 pm 

To anyone that defends American policemen just shooting dangerous people to death, you better observe how the Brits manage to subdue criminals without using a single bullet!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/22 ... ill-video/

My verdict: Brits 1, Americans 0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:34 pm 

Ed Organus Maximus wrote:
To anyone that defends American policemen just shooting dangerous people to death, you better observe how the Brits manage to subdue criminals without using a single bullet!

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/22 ... ill-video/

My verdict: Brits 1, Americans 0

Ed I will have to respectfully disagree with you here, but before I do I want to reiterate that I fully agree that there is police abuse and unjustified shootings, as well as minorities being excessively targeted.

This just may not have been the right event to plant this flag on, first the video you post shows many Police and some on horse’s containing this individual, and he doesn't look like much of a physical threat (yet five or more officers are involved in the take down).

I cannot stress enough what a factor the size of this young man in Ferguson would play in the event. I have played sports and go to professional football games, this kid was the size of an NFL line man.

He wouldn’t even have to punch you or even make full contact with his arm, if he swung his arm at you and just made partial contact with you, you’re going down.

They slammed the door on the Officer when he attempted to exit his vehicles (even if you believe the friend witness who claims that happened accidentally), he came through the window and engaged the officer in a physical battle.

The officer fires the guy backs off with an arm wound, the officer gets out and attempts to perform an arrest and the individual rushes him, the guy gets shoot 4 more times (all non-fatal locations) and is still coming before the head shoot.

Let’s have any of you take a beating from a guy that size and put the fear of god in you and then let you have a gun as he rush’s at you again and we will see how fast you pull the trigger. I am pretty sure you wouldn’t even mess around with non-fatal shoots.

Personally I think if there were no guns in the public domain in the US that crime and killing would drop tremendously, but that isn’t going to happen, the genie is out of the bottle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:59 pm 

My prediction: The cop will be on the hot seat for awhile, but in the end he'll be acquitted. The prosecution will smear Brown's character so the public will believe he was the aggressor and generally a bad black guy.

When that happens, the shit will hit the fan.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm 

Sounds like that is exactly what happened, pretty easy when a cop says get down do it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:05 pm 

Some here are talking like they know exactly what happened..."the guy kept coming at him"...ect...

There are only eyewitness accounts, as no video of the event has surfaced. Gang members will lie for each other, and so will cops. Some will blindly trust the cops, others know better...

Take a look at the video of the Powell Street shooting linked to by JPD. The guy supposedly has a knife and is ranting at people. The knife is not seen in the video. The cops pull up, get out, draw their weapons, and as the guy steps toward them, both cops start shooting. This is horrid chickenshit. What about using a taser? What about firing a warning shot? How about just one shot in the leg, and maybe the cop sacrifices a little blood from the knife as the person is subdued? No, they shot first and made excuses later. The mayor backed them up.

The point made about British constables is right on. Americans are stone blind from watching too much television, where they learn that cops are always in the right and forever justified. They believe it, because it is on the television.

Yep, this asshole cop will get off, and probably get a book deal or some shit. He already has a quarter-million in donations. Angry people will riot, more cops will participate in outright brutality, and the world spins normally as the television news ratings skyrocket.

An unarmed man was shot six times and killed. I do not care if the man was a giant. He was a human being...but of course, nobody gives a shit about that anymore, just look at the babies being killed in Gaza.

It's okay...they were going to be terrorists, right?

Fuck.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next