Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 476  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:28 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I quickly realized that I should verify that U2 are huge in the field of Techno, so I asked Google, which quickly gave me the following page. It seems some U2 fans think that U2 practically invented Techno!
Logical song too pick as i heard more Techno in festivals(Where there ain't even Streets :mrgreen: )around that time it just happened i Bet Bono thought his singing days we're over people making Albums cheap as Fuck no Studio.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:15 pm 

Nice pic downer! My fav is the corn right in the heart of it all. Definitely could use more Techno though. I agree with you that U2 weren't strictly Pop, as everyone knows. Ask any Techno fan and they will eventually talk about U2, its inevitable.

I quickly realized that I should verify that U2 are huge in the field of Techno, so I asked Google, which quickly gave me the following page. It seems some U2 fans think that U2 practically invented Techno!

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/bono-says-that-streets-invented-techno-138760.html

Actually, NOW I'm confused. Because it appears your sarcasm meter is broken and I can't tell if you're serious or not? I don't know if I should post a pic of a fat chick laughing out loud, like I sometimes do, or not? Help me out...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:13 pm 

Image > http://youtu.be/yQAlpBi7tZ4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:31 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Actually, NOW I'm confused. Because it appears your sarcasm meter is broken and I can't tell if you're serious or not? I don't know if I should post a pic of a fat chick laughing out loud, like I sometimes do, or not? Help me out...

Nahhh. I generally don't use a meter for laughter and don't recommend it to others. However, since you have a problem in that field, I do have a recommendation for you. I see you ROTF quite often around here. Its worrisome. Next time you feel the need to ROTF, please restrain yourself, don't give in, stay strong. I'm wondering if you've caused some long term damage to your ability to laugh in the process. Not Schadenfreude, you've got bags of that, but laughter resulting from actual happiness. I hope you recover from this. In no way would you be helped to recover by my explaining previous posts to you. It might just cause you to ROTF again and you seem damaged enough.
But as for U2, really, you should stop sniffing Bono's ass and telling us we won't understand until we really get our nose in there. Honestly, I can smell it from here. (... are you about to laugh? Careful...)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:44 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:48 pm 

Post subject: Re: u two
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
Nahhh. I generally don't use a meter for laughter and don't recommend it to others. However, since you have a problem in that field, I do have a recommendation for you. I see you ROTF quite often around here. Its worrisome. Next time you feel the need to ROTF, please restrain yourself, don't give in, stay strong. I'm wondering if you've caused some long term damage to your ability to laugh in the process. Not Schadenfreude, you've got bags of that, but laughter resulting from actual happiness. I hope you recover from this. In no way would you be helped to recover by my explaining previous posts to you. It might just cause you to ROTF again and you seem damaged enough.
But as for U2, really, you should stop sniffing Bono's ass and telling us we won't understand until we really get our nose in there. Honestly, I can smell it from here. (... are you about to laugh? Careful...)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:13 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 pm 

Nice pic downer! My fav is the corn right in the heart of it all.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:23 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:

I'm disappointed in you. I was all ready to post the fat chick pic! But unfortunately, the above wasn't funny at all...it was just plain dumb. Since all I'm doing is discussing U2's stylistic differences, not debating musical tastes (which is too subjective). Whereas, you seem to be confusing the two, since you think I'm sniffing Bono's ass and hence trying to get you to like their music, which I'm not doing.

Oh well, at least you've graduated from referring to U2 as, "a silly pop band", to agreeing with me that, "U2 weren't strictly Pop, as everyone knows." That's a start. But you know, actually listening to the aforementioned albums would help a great deal more...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:47 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:46 am 

Steve Howe Trio

Band Name: Steve Howe Trio
Venue: The Cellars At Eastney
City, County, Country: Portsmouth, Hants, UK
Date: Friday 13th September 2013

Source: Audience (10 feet from stage (seated), with 6 inch left/right mic separation)

Lineage: Stereo Omni Mics (Panasonic WM-61A elements with 'Linkwitz' common source degeneration mod) & battery box (9V) -> Olympus LS-14 (line-in; 16bit/44.1kHz) -> SDHC card -> HD -> Wavelab6 & HarBal -> *.wav -> Foobar2000 (level 8) -> *.flac

Title: Friday The 13th At The Cellars

Set-list (1h 36mins total)

CD#1/Set 1 (44mins):
Intro - Set 1
Mood for A Day
My Buzzard Friend
The Ancient ("just an excerpt")
The Haunted Melody
Tune Up
Heart Of The Sunrise

CD#2/Set 2 (52mins):
Intro - Set 2
Dream River
Another One Of Our New Tunes*
Siberian Khatru
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
Blue Bash
Close To The Edge
~~ encore ~~
Kenny's Sound

*title unknown

Ticket price: £20 (Adv.)

http://www.stevehowe.com/index.html
http://www.thecellars.co.uk/home

6th show out of 11 on UK late summer tour

Band:
• Steve Howe – Gibson ES-175D Guitar (& Line 6 Spider IV 75W)
• Ross Stanley – KeyB Duo Organ (& "bass")
• Dylan Howe - Gretch Drums

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
I'm disappointed in you. I was all ready to post the fat chick pic! But unfortunately, the above wasn't funny at all...it was just plain dumb. Since all I'm doing is discussing U2's stylistic differences, not debating musical tastes (which is too subjective). Whereas, you seem to be confusing the two, since you think I'm sniffing Bono's ass and hence trying to get you to like their music, which I'm not doing.

Oh well, at least you've graduated from referring to U2 as, "a silly pop band", to agreeing with me that, "U2 weren't strictly Pop, as everyone knows." That's a start. But you know, actually listening to the aforementioned albums would help a great deal more...

Well, I'll try to get over your disappointment. Somehow.
Let's see if I can make up for it. U2 surely wasn't just Pop, they were also Catwalk Soundtrack, Drone Rock, Whine Beat, Tweezing, Techno Babble, Nickelodeon Candy, and of course, Delay Mantra.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:36 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:13 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:40 am 

Well, I'll try to get over your disappointment. Somehow.
Let's see if I can make up for it. U2 surely wasn't just Pop, they were also Catwalk Soundtrack, Drone Rock, Whine Beat, Tweezing, Techno Babble, Nickelodeon Candy, and of course, Delay Mantra.

I like that. Sadly, no response from RainMan.
Is it time to move on and discuss what a piece-of-shit band RUSH is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 437, 438, 439, 440, 441, 442, 443 ... 476  Next