Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 503  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:11 pm 

KUIII wrote:
If you like Rush go see them any chance you can. They are great.

I don't, so I won't.:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:38 am 

Caputh wrote:
KUIII wrote:

I haven't, so should I, wood eye? :wink:
Why not my ZappaFreak cyber friend? Please tell me before I put them ahead of a lot of other bands I'd rather listen to. Like, would they cut into my FZ time or not? :?:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:39 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Wtf is the difference? The POINT is that U2 were NEVER strictly a pop band. Whereas, you guys thought they were.

Get it?

The debate is OVER.

And btw, you can go FUCK YOURSELF for calling me a liar, for which I'm not.

Okay, I'll cut you some slack. How about: Deluded, blinded by arrogance, preternaturally dishonest, can't see the forest for the trees, etc.?

Face it, you've LOST this one. You are deceitful and have changed the argument. Exactly what you attack others for. And so I ain't letting you off the hook. You may let u2 have their cake and eat it, too, but not me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:21 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Caputh wrote:
KUIII wrote:

I haven't, so should I, wood eye? :wink:
Why not my ZappaFreak cyber friend? Please tell me before I put them ahead of a lot of other bands I'd rather listen to. Like, would they cut into my FZ time or not? :?:

Well, I find them totally predictable. My taste is such, that if I know what's going to happen next, I smell a cliché and am bored. A good example...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZru4JG_Uo
Boring lyrics, obvious chord changes, a "sub-heavy" attitude, posing, "musicianship", dull, obvious and I've heard it before.
But I'm sure they're lots of intelligent, tasteful people out there who enjoy them - it's my loss, I'm sure and it's only one person's opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:29 am 

Thanks Caputh! I'll take it under advisement. I should see them at least once or quit wearing the Rush T-shirt I suppose. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
More people comment on the one Rush T-shirt I wear once in a great while, than all the Zappa T's I wear everyday. They must be a "safe " group for humans to communicate with each other about.

No, it just means they're more popular than FZ...

brainpang wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Wtf is the difference? The POINT is that U2 were NEVER strictly a pop band. Whereas, you guys thought they were.

Get it?

The debate is OVER.

And btw, you can go FUCK YOURSELF for calling me a liar, for which I'm not.

Okay, I'll cut you some slack. How about: Deluded, blinded by arrogance, preternaturally dishonest, can't see the forest for the trees, etc.?

Face it, you've LOST this one. You are deceitful and have changed the argument. Exactly what you attack others for. And so I ain't letting you off the hook. You may let u2 have their cake and eat it, too, but not me.

You have now officially entered the delusional territory of SPACEBROTHER (aka, tweedle-dumb).

ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

YOU guys were the ones claiming U2 were nothing but a (strictly, silly, etc.) pop band. Whereas, I have more than PROVEN that's not the case. And I did NOT change the criteria of the debate, despite the FACT you two love birds tried to.

You are a sore loser and the debate is OVER. What part of that don't you understand?

And btw, you can go FUCK YOURSELF for calling me a liar, for which I'm not, nor have I ever been.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
More people comment on the one Rush T-shirt I wear once in a great while, than all the Zappa T's I wear everyday. They must be a "safe " group for humans to communicate with each other about.

Yes of course your right on the surface, and but also (4 Jim), they have a business concern a lot bigger than FZ's cottage industry. That's because capitalist would spend enormous amount of bucks$$$ on making U2 a safe, marketable group to mass produce so the little tykes could buy into they're "Rebel, Rebel" shtick.
FZ owned and produced his own music. Which will be remembered?
Besides, who knows what we'll be able to hear years from now? Will they still be on Pandora Radio? :roll: What's your measuring stick DB, or will we all know (and share water) as we become Monsanto clones who like U2. (zombie pumpkin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:07 pm 

Hey Disco Douche....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:15 pm 

I'm just talking to a friend Spacebro'. It's not an excuse to attack DB! :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 pm 

I would say that his mentioning of me in his post above more than warrants a response from me. If you want to be in his clique, knock yourself out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:57 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I would say that his mentioning of me in his post above more than warrants a response from me. If you want to be in his clique, knock yourself out.

Why are you tying to put round pegs in square holes? There's no cliques with me. Just remember, we're all ZappaFreaks on this bus. :wink:

Oh ya, and I love you man! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:17 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:54 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Why are you tying to put round pegs in square holes? There's no cliques with me. Just remember, we're all ZappaFreaks on this bus. :wink:

I appreciate the sentiment, but as I alluded to above, his "attacking" of me by mention in a post warrants a response. It's not like I'm going to "not" respond to a post of which he mentions me. The guys so jarred from being proven wrong so often, that even despite his supposed "ignoring" of what I post, he still can't resist dropping my name in a context of confrontation with others here. If you haven't noticed, the guys been fighting with just about half of the active forum members here.

Pope Jim (may he rest in peace) was right on the money about Disco Douche - search.php?keywords=disco&terms=all&author=pope+jim&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:32 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I appreciate the sentiment, but as I alluded to above, his "attacking" of me by mention in a post warrants a response. It's not like I'm going to "not" respond to a post of which he mentions me. The guys so jarred from being proven wrong so often, that even despite his supposed "ignoring" of what I post, he still can't resist dropping my name in a context of confrontation with others here. If you haven't noticed, the guys been fighting with just about half of the active forum members here.

Pope Jim (may he rest in peace) was right on the money about Disco Douche - search.php?keywords=disco&terms=all&author=pope+jim&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I'd have to be Helen Keller not to notice Spacebro', I just get a little ticked when you post negativity right after me. It's like a gang mentality, let's all pile on ya know bro'? I've got no problem with y'all having problems with each other. Have at it. I'm not taking any sides is all. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:12 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:34 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

Yes of course your right on the surface, and but also (4 Jim), they have a business concern a lot bigger than FZ's cottage industry. That's because capitalist would spend enormous amount of bucks$$$ on making U2 a safe, marketable group to mass produce so the little tykes could buy into they're "Rebel, Rebel" shtick.
FZ owned and produced his own music. Which will be remembered?
Besides, who knows what we'll be able to hear years from now? Will they still be on Pandora Radio? :roll: What's your measuring stick DB, or will we all know (and share water) as we become Monsanto clones who like U2. (zombie pumpkin)

You've got to be clearer, K.K. I don't know what you're getting at...?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:36 pm 

Radio Romania.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:26 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

I'd have to be Helen Keller not to notice Spacebro', I just get a little ticked when you post negativity right after me. It's like a gang mentality, let's all pile on ya know bro'? I've got no problem with y'all having problems with each other. Have at it. I'm not taking any sides is all. :wink:

So are you saying that DB's negativity is acceptable?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 pm 

Image > http://youtu.be/eCTYaQw_Nfs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:41 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

So are you saying that DB's negativity is acceptable?

No, your saying that, I'm speaking in general terms. BTW, I do read your posts and find some very cool stuff in them. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 pm 

Ok. Fair enough. I appreciate your diplomatic approach which shows that you have a respectful quality btw. I'll rephrase my question....What are your thoughts and/or opinions in regards to db's negativity on the forum? How he fights with, talks down to and basically insults anybody and everybody whose viewpoint clashes with his?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:20 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Ok. Fair enough. I appreciate your diplomatic approach which shows that you have a respectful quality btw. I'll rephrase my question....What are your thoughts and/or opinions in regards to db's negativity on the forum? How he fights with, talks down to and basically insults anybody and everybody whose viewpoint clashes with his?

You guys can answer that better than me. I'll not be dragged into that fray, thank you very much. For some reason he doesn't talk to me like he does to y'all. Go figure. :lol:

EDIT: Scott Parker's (IB) ZappaCast #14 (The DukeyCast) 2:27:42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm 

Last edited by Lumpy Gravy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:38 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:46 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
he doesn't talk to me like he does to y'all.

So you should probably stay out of it. You've defended him and scolded others when they've returned his shit back to him. Why? How often do you defend anyone else against his hateful insults? Do you feel sorry for him because his level of self loathing is so obviously high? Personally, I'm done acknowledging his existence because he seems pathologically dishonest and creepy. Good to know he's your pal, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 439, 440, 441, 442, 443, 444, 445 ... 503  Next