Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 370  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 pm 

Rescue: Chile miners reach surface
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/ ... 5938146558

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:23 am 

Tripmyster wrote:

I'm watching this live right now. Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:27 am 

How rare for a mine cave-in story to have a happy ending!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:54 pm 

Yeah that was really cool watching them come up onthe news. I hope they got overtime too :lol:

Meanwhile in the not televised news, GO OBAMA...

Red Cross: Civilian Toll Soars in Southern Afghanistan
Worsening Security Makes Aid Deliveries Difficult

by Jason Ditz, October 12, 2010

FULL STORY HERE

A new report by the International Committee of the Red Cross warned today that civilian casualties are soaring in Southern Afghanistan, and that those directly wounded are a comparatively minor part of the problem.

“This is just the tip of the iceberg,” warned Reto Stocker, head of the ICRC’s Kabul delegation, “those who suffer other sorts of injuries or contract disease as an indirect result of the conflict far outnumber weapon-wounded patients.”

The statement also warned that the escalation of fighting and deteriorating security across the nation is making it more and more difficult to maintain presences in Afghanistan. Death tolls in the war have been at record levels this year, in the wake of the December ESCALATION of the NATO occupation...."

More at link above

KRUSH KILL DESTROY...

Petraeus Ushers in Dramatic Increase in Afghan Air Strikes
700 Separate Attack Missions in September Alone

by Jason Ditz, October 12, 2010

FULL STORY HERE

The US air war in Afghanistan is on the rise again following the ouster of Gen. Stanley McChrystal. His replacement, Gen. David Petraeus, has DRAMATICALLY ESCALATED the number of air strikes being launched across the nation.

Indeed, the year over year strikes were almost triple the number from last year for the month of September. Reports show NATO warplanes launched 700 SEPERATE ATTACK MISSIONS across Afghanistan in September, compared to 257 last year."

(More at link above)

(But Obama supporter SPACEBROTHER says this is not a war escalation).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

What would be the first thing you would want after the rescue if it were you....a shower first ? then what ? a beer ? case of tucks ? what ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:05 pm 

Arch Oboler wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

What would be the first thing you would want after the rescue if it were you....a shower first ? then what ? a beer ? case of tucks ? what ?

The mind doesn't work like that, in moments of exilliration, such as survival situations...the brain kicks in with the real drugs in order to supply you with whatever is needed to prevail, adrenalen, Endorphins, Testosterone, to name a few (this has lead to the explotion of thrill sports). After the peek is reached and the danger has past, one has this lingering rush and feeling of well being that sends every "extreme" sports person back for another taste. The down side is, like any drug rush you are left with a somewhat empty feeling afterwards, I guess that is why everyone then wants to eat later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:14 pm 

I'm soooo freaking happy!When everyone in the begining stood up to help in a disaster they got a just reward by never giving up.The sight of those folks in Chile,all working for one purpose,united over 1 billion people watching world-wide.Now that was a fairytale ending,all 33 up! With alot of help from the enginers who designed and executed a damn spiffy rescue probe and retractable cage.Thanks thats sooo cool.But lets not forget to be vigilant about safety for mine workers world wide.This is a moment in history I will never forget.Wish I had a rock from downunder there. 8) As long as I don't have to go get it. :wink:
What do ya'll think?.. 100yrs from now it might be a tourist spot,with rides down to the hole!?! Par #33,yippie I owe ty A! We have a forum member from Chile don't we?
Go Chile! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:18 am 

I guess the USA did not screw this country up. Oh Yea, the drill came from Pennsylvania, and yes the Usa and Canada were the first to help. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:48 am 

baaaaahddy wrote:
(But Obama supporter SPACEBROTHER says this is not a war escalation).

Less combat troops in 2010 (90,000) than in 2008 (180,000) + less money spent on wars in 2010 than in 2008 + the ending of one war in 2010 with the other ending in 2011 while both were in full force in 2008 = drawdown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm 

Those Nader cartoons crack me up! :mrgreen:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11543990

nice trick, one would need general relativistic Einsteinium, scify thingumajiks of unfathomable capabilities and what the reason, is what I'd want to be led in. Super stunt, now go and gig-guck us something.

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 am 

Glad you liked the Nader cartoons ronny. I didn't get the same chuckle out of your friend Obama and the Afghan war escalation you voted for. In fact I dont think it's funny at all that Democrats ridicule any peace candidates while they vote for more war and the futile and senseless destruction of our troops and brothers abroad.

I guess laughter and ridicule is all some folks have left. As Thomas Jefferson said: "Resort is to ridicule when reason is against us."

GO BLUE TEAM!
Ra-ra!

BTW, this makes more than 40 troops killed already in the opening weeks of this month

14 NATO Troops Killed in Afghanistan in 2 Days
Death Toll Again on the Rise in Afghanistan

by Jason Ditz, October 14, 2010

The record 2010 death toll in Afghanistan is again on the rise today, as two days of attacks across the nation have left at least 14 NATO troops killed. The nationalities of the troops have yet to be released.

Six soldiers were killed yesterday in three attacks, including four who were killed in a single roadside bombing in the south. The other two were killed in separate incidents in the south and the east.

Eight more were killed today in five additional attacks, including three who died in an IED attack in the west of the nation, underscoring the reality that while the south is the most dangerous part of Afghanistan, the war is still very much active across the entire nation.

Today’s deaths bring the 2010 toll to 588, by far the most since the war began. Generally the violence begins to quiet down in November with the first frost, as decades of failed occupations bookending civil wars has left the nation with virtually no infrastructure, and most regions become virtually impassable in the winter.

...and here's a little on Obama's illegal drone strikes into Pakistan that continue to breal International Law...well come to think of it Obama's strikes into Afghanastan also break International Law. International Law states no country may strike another unless under attack, or imminent attack(incomming fire on the way). Niether Afghanastan nor Pakistan has ever attacked us...

BTW...Officialls always say theuy killed "militants," and even though civillians seem to always fall into this catagory, we cannot legally strike anyone in these countrys, even if we call the civillians or the defenders of thair homelands "militants."

These wars are futile, deadly, AND illegal.

Four US Drone Strikes Kill 11 in Pakistan
Officials Say North Waziristan Strikes Targeted 'Suspects'

by Jason Ditz, October 13, 2010

Catching up on their “one a day” average of drone strikes against Pakistan’s tribal area, the US launched four separate drone strikes against North Waziristan today, killing at least 11 and leaving an unknown number of others wounded.

The first attack destroyed a home in the Datta Khel region, while the second two strikes each destroyed vehicles. The final attack hit the rubble from the house, killing two people who were trying to pull people from the house.

The Pakistani officials who reported the attacks to the media termed everyone killed, including the people in the final strike as “militant suspects,” but as has been so often the case there was no indication of any “high value” targets, or anyone confirmed to have major ties to any particular group.

President Obama has repeatedly approved massive escalations to the US drone strikes, which were a comparative rarity during the waning years of the Bush Administration. Well over a thousand people have been killed in the drone strikes, though only a few dozen were ever confirmed to have ties to the militants, and large numbers were innocent civilians.

As Pakistan Complains, US Vows Drone Strikes Will Continue
Panetta Claims "100 Percent Results" in Drone Salvos

Though Pakistani officials are once again complaining about the regular US air strikes against their territory, CIA Director Leon Panetta today insisted that the attacks would continue. Panetta also was quoted as saying the drone strikes are achieving “100 percent results.”

MORE HERE

And in other news...

Obama takes spying on us to a new level
Published: Monday, October 11, 2010

FULL STORY HERE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:38 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
choice everybody is free to what? stay in Afhgeannystn or travel with the flag to homegrownland. - Yesterday stumbled over BBC-1 xTra and do this for a sos-helping. Tx? no nada. ....no matter what music is being arrows ..Pakistan is nice, a big pool of fool and stoeuff, de next stationariouws.

So, eFFe London calling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:43 am 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/

Ya S U P E R !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:54 am 

say that agaga, so fresh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:19 am 

De Dweeltze in the news, have seen the latest posts from him, thinking he is either kidding or in a very inadvertent mood, this being the words? the quick Al Poncho training vid and that solo with Wossname Ritor is just too simple, even fore the geezer with not aspiration for ever becoming a giddyrists. - To JayCobs, we had the same idea, so let them find out. Here it's downpouring, came luckily in on time and seen it al!-( .. the kids though seem to be doing alright.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:31 am 

Hayjay is the bird what tells other comrades and wildwoodsies whats ace, barking against the ...dodds and news gone in a flash. Godot over and tuning in to Dover. Puckeroonie, how could one possibly reach that beach without getting soaking net? wa? whet wren out of orbit in a minni.... whats bin the other slogone? I donT care anymore the fourteenth. Roger drat, de lollos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:28 am 

whats going with a few Netherlanders

also see that phreadt

http://www.azijnfabriekforum.nl/viewtop ... c&start=15

and pong says, "Have it just seen so happening, selfspeakingly is your vid be'uh than what me's wanted to whatch?-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:42 am 

Too bad the chili miners got stuck in the vegetarian shaft. I'll bet the con carne mine shaft would have been stronger. Damn mining for chili can get dangerous. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 am 

baddy wrote:
Glad you liked the Nader cartoons ronny.

baddy wrote:
I didn't get the same chuckle out of your friend Obama and the Afghan war escalation you voted for.

We wouldn't be there in the first place if your buddy Bush and his dad didn't start the wars you voted for.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:30 pm 

baddy wrote:
Glad you liked the Nader cartoons ronny. I didn't get the same chuckle out of your friend Obama and the Afghan war escalation you voted for. In fact I dont think it's funny at all that Democrats ridicule any peace candidates while they vote for more war and the futile and senseless destruction of our troops and brothers abroad.

Baddy, you are just dense. Even a zealot like yourself can understand the concept of voting for the candidate who offers you the most of what you like, despite a serious issue you disagree with. Even if you don't subscribe to that logic yourself. It's fun to watch you pretend to be stupid. So, again, I did not vote FOR war. I'll never let you get away with that lying shit you like to spew about me.

I don't ridicule peace candidates, as you imply in your comment about democrats. I ridicule candidates I don't like. Can you tell the difference? I ridicule Nader because he's an opportunist, who crops up every 4 years like a weed and does next-to-nothing to achieve his goals in between. He also gave us Bush in 2000. I think Ron Paul is much better than Nader, but I still don't trust his republicanship and disdain for regulation. Other than that, I don't think I've ridiculed or even criticized any peace or independent candidate. You are, yet again, wrong. You must be getting tired of that by now.

BTW, I answered your silly little question, as you wished.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 pm 

is Earth still afloat after that one and only understatement what put away all other sayings about the complete outrages from all tyrants before to a simple nursery rhyme? beating about the hindukush no more, if not somephing happens to that any-devil-away-chaser clan I kill them awful worst-crimers with something batter than constipation and then all they can eat. Give them thc and then live my life. Would anybody notice? you are right. Trick is for the future, be selective, all other things will happen according to Cortez. - If there are gods then we are going to be treated, if not Houston is my castle. One hour of proper torture, not that what ancestors have done to our sisters in the last two thousand years. ..the stories weren't true? so when fortune let me win less than a million, Texas is a place to swim to, in the more probably course of more than enough we'd begin a search for a resort. A quick thought, what about a hovercraft, with stabilizers to outbalance the waves and stuff. Summer then could be following us. So, one million spent on a houseboat at the coast of Trolland, lol, what do to with all the platinums? yeah, a koffieshop, have some. Readddiouw Youstannykow, lol. ...clouds in me coffee, you're so vain, you probably attracted some mirroners from take-the-roof-away. Now that is decent ..what would an Englishman say? dishck-phrower. Rochester that. - It's rooster, you lousy bummer. - Wo!?!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:10 pm 

Hey this is fun!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:17 pm 

A greats part of the troops of Afgunnystones is absent without permission.

..looks big times for a bob beamon cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 pm 

the weather prospects from bbc four: ...i don't get it? gimme a whiff off of that sticky. Now, this is much brigh'er!-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 370  Next