Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 372  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:55 am 

floss wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
..... hope old tippex teeth is up and about as soon as possible! 8)

HAHAHA!

Did you hear Clarkson call him that on Top Gear the other week? I laughed so hard, I nearly fell off the couch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:51 am 

floss wrote:
Hamster is out of intensive care! Fantastic news. Let's hope he makes a full recovery. I also heard this morning that after the accident, before being loaded into the air ambulance, he wanted to do a piece to camera, so that's encouraging.

:D :D :D

that's not only encouraging, it's crazy !! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:43 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:35 pm 

Exactly what I thought ! A good one !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:38 am 

I'm back! :shock: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:09 pm 

Welcome back bretus suterb!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:20 pm 

suterb wrote:
I'm back! :shock: :D
Heya Suterb, welcome back! Another conspicuously absent forum presence returns. :)

--Batchain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 am 

US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld will resign. :shock:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15622266/

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

Last edited by VCF on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 am 
Banned

Donald Rumsfeld getting ready to announce resignation as Secretary of Defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:58 am 

jimmie d killed the forum wrote:

I wonder who will take over. Mr. Burns? Count Dracula? Elton John?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:50 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:54 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:59 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:00 pm 

Oh goodie, getting the lovely debug message again where you think you didn't post but you did. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:12 pm 

Oh goodie, getting the lovely debug message again where you think you didn't post but you did. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:12 pm 

Oh shit! Its contagious! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:15 pm 
Banned

peerdiem wrote:
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:

I wonder who will take over. Mr. Burns? Count Dracula? Elton John?

:twisted: heheheheh :twisted:

:twisted: HAIL AMNERIKA!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:36 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:

Oops, I smell a burger cookin'.

Here she is quoted in the Washington Post:

"the House's top Democrat has told colleagues that the party will not seek to impeach President Bush even if it gains control of the House in November's elections, her office said last night.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) told her caucus members during their weekly closed meeting Wednesday "that impeachment is off the table; she is not interested in pursuing it," spokesman Brendan Daly said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... s_politics

And here's a video of her saying it again on 60 Minutes last month...
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Pelos ... _1023.html

Pelosi: "Impeachment is off the table."

Interviewer: And that's a pledge?

Pelosi, Well...Yes, that's a pledge, of course it is. It [impeachment] is a waste of time. Wouldn't they [republicans] just love it, if we came in and our record as Democrats coming in after 12 years and start talking about George Bush and Dick Cheney. Making them lame ducks id good enough for me."

My comments?
1. Why is she so concerned bout making Bush and Cheney angry?

2. Im glad it's good enough for you Nancy, but it aint good enough for a lot of Americans who want to see the assholes impeached. I don't care about Bush and Cheeney,and Yes, I'd love it if Democrats came in talking about impeachment. (I'd like some fries with my burger please).

3. Is it good enough for the people who have died and are dying? Especially when it's not you who is doing the dying? Who will speak for them, if not you, Ms leader of the Democrats?

I saw Nancy on TV today promising that we'll see a change of course in Iraq...that's good news...what time's The Swan on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:44 pm 
Banned

baddy wrote:
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) told her "cauc-us" members during their weekly closed meeting......

I wonder if I can get in on that? :twisted:

:twisted: HAIL AMNERIKA!!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:59 pm 

For historical purposes:

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Rumsfeld replaced after poll loss

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is to resign as the Republicans lose control of the House of Representatives, and Senate power hangs on a tight race in one state.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6130296.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:28 am 

Democrats 'to control US Senate'

Democrats appear to have won the final seat needed to take control of the US Senate, the Associated Press reports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6131122.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:11 pm 

Interesting...I saw this again tonight in a Tucker Carlson interview on MSNBC. There'a a lot more to the method of defunding the war than in this article, such as: giving up a lot of American ambitions, returning things to the Iraqi's (like full ownership of the oil under their sand). These things will open the way for UN forces, especially Muslem UN forces from surrounding nations, to come in as US troops leave. This gives Iraq back to the Iraqi's, removes American ambitions from their economy and law, and puts the Iraqi's in it for themselves, instead of against an occupier.

There's money in the pipeline already to do this, we recently just appropriated another $70 billion in emergency spending for our kids to pay back(re: sold more bonds to China), but the next time Bush comes to Congress with his hand out, Dennis proposes, the answer is "No."

I used to be a real big fan of Dennis, then I got pissed at him, but now he's getting some points back...

Kucinich Calls for Cutting Off Iraq War Funds
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1739193/posts

Congressman Kucinich called Wednesday for cutting off funding of the Iraq war, as the surest way out of Iraq. His statements were made in an interview by Democracy Now!'s Amy Goodman.

"I want to say that there's one solution here, and it's not to engage in a debate with the President, who has taken us down a path of disaster in Iraq, but it's for Congress to assume the full power that it has under the Constitution to cut off funds. We don't need to keep indulging in this debate about what to do, because as long as we keep temporizing, the situation gets worse in Iraq.

"We have to determine that the time has come to cut off funds. There’s enough money in the pipeline to achieve the orderly withdrawal that Senator McGovern is talking about. But cut off funds, we must. That's the ultimate power of the Congress, the power of the purse. That's how we'll end this war, and that’s the only way we’re going to end this war.

"We need to shift our direction."

"We have to take a whole new approach. We’re spending over $400 billion a year, money that's also needed for healthcare, for education, for job creation, for seniors. We have to take a new look at this. We need to be a strong country, but strength isn't only military. Strength is also the economic strength of the people, their chance to have good neighborhoods. We spend more money than all the countries of the world put together for the military.

"It's time for us to start to shift our vision about who we are as a nation, because if we don't do that -- we’re borrowing money right now to wage the war in Iraq. We’re borrowing money from China. We’re not looking at our trade deficit. We’re not looking at conditions, where people are going bankrupt trying to pay their hospital bills. We need to shift our direction, and the direction has to be away from the continued militarization of the United States society."

Here's the Democracynow.org interview that had it the other night...

http://play.rbn.com/?url=demnow/demnow/ ... start=7:46

Post subject: leave the seat down
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:55 am 
Banned

baddy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Oops, I smell a burger cookin'.

Here she is quoted in the Washington Post:

"the House's top Democrat has told colleagues that the party will not seek to impeach President Bush even if it gains control of the House in November's elections, her office said last night.

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) told her caucus members during their weekly closed meeting Wednesday "that impeachment is off the table; she is not interested in pursuing it," spokesman Brendan Daly said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... s_politics

And here's a video of her saying it again on 60 Minutes last month...
http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Pelos ... _1023.html

Pelosi: "Impeachment is off the table."

Interviewer: And that's a pledge?

Pelosi, Well...Yes, that's a pledge, of course it is. It [impeachment] is a waste of time. Wouldn't they [republicans] just love it, if we came in and our record as Democrats coming in after 12 years and start talking about George Bush and Dick Cheney. Making them lame ducks id good enough for me."

My comments?
1. Why is she so concerned bout making Bush and Cheney angry?

2. Im glad it's good enough for you Nancy, but it aint good enough for a lot of Americans who want to see the assholes impeached. I don't care about Bush and Cheeney,and Yes, I'd love it if Democrats came in talking about impeachment. (I'd like some fries with my burger please).

3. Is it good enough for the people who have died and are dying? Especially when it's not you who is doing the dying? Who will speak for them, if not you, Ms leader of the Democrats?

I saw Nancy on TV today promising that we'll see a change of course in Iraq...that's good news...what time's The Swan on?

8)
8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:19 pm 
Banned

Fox News gleefully reports that the BALANCE OF POWER may shift, if Senator Tim Johnson dies or is otherwise incapacitated.

Sen. Johnson Hospitalized After Becoming Disoriented.

While the extent of his illness isn't known yet, Washington political watchers are already noting that a Johnson replacement in the Senate would be made by Republican Gov. Michael Rounds.

South Dakota Secretary of State Chris Nelson said no special restrictions are put on such an appointment and a replacement does not have to be in the same political party. But Nelson added that the law applies differently for a senator than a representative.

"If there is a vacancy, the governor appoints a replacement and that person serves until the next general election," Nelson said. The next general election would be 2008. The governor would only call for a special election in the event that a congressman died, Nelson said.

With the 110th Congress split 49 Democrats, 49 Republicans and two independents that align themselves with the Democrats, majority control of the Senate could shift in the event Johnson is incapacitated. One former lawmaker chastised the political playmakers in town for discussing such options so quickly after Johnson was hospitalized.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236369,00.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 372  Next