Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217 ... 389  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

The basic things people need to survevie as human beings are health care, food and a roof over ones head. Those are basic humanitarian needs. Republicans, Conservatives and Bush/Romney/Ryan supporters and the Tea Party Nazi's are more interested in less people having more, instead of everybody having basic humanitarian needs covered. Basic right wing fascism rearing it's ugly head yet again.

I challenge you to prove that statement with facts and not just opinion.

That's quite a generalization and unless you know each Rep , Con , B/R/R supporter and tea party NAZI personaly, you , again , are full of shit.

I take it you missed the whole secretly recorded video of Romney at a fundraiser for rich people talking about how 47% of Americans should'nt be entitled to basic human rights such as health care, food and housing. Republicans aren't too fond of education either, hence the defunding of it for poor people.

Why do I need to prove what you can clearly see with your own eyes if you ever cared to open them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:16 am 

I take it you missed the secret video of Romney saying he WASN'T GOING TO GET THOSE VOTES FROM THE 47% ON FEDERAL ASSISTANCE.

You should be a washing machine the way you spin shit . :roll:

By the way , what is a fundraiser for rich people ???

Are the Dems looking for more money to waste ??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:49 am 

Hahahahaha... here's the quote for anyone besides pedro2 who could have possibly misinterpreted the quote, hahahaha

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. ... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:49 am 

pedro2 wrote:
By the way , what is a fundraiser for rich people ??

$50,000 a plate... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 am 

pedro2 wrote:
I take it you missed the secret video of Romney saying he WASN'T GOING TO GET THOSE VOTES FROM THE 47% ON FEDERAL ASSISTANCE.

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what.

Looks like the same thing to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:21 am 

pedro2 wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
I take it you missed the secret video of Romney saying he WASN'T GOING TO GET THOSE VOTES FROM THE 47% ON FEDERAL ASSISTANCE...

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...

Looks like the same thing to me.

Yeah, that figures.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 am 

Looks like the Tories in England and Romney have something in common. They both don't seem to like the "lower classes" much...

"In full: Police log detailing Andrew Mitchell's 'pleb' rant
Here The Daily Telegraph publishes in full the 442-word police log of the incident in which the Conservative Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell abused police officers.
Whilst on duty at *** tonight (Wed 19th Sept) on a 1400-2200 hrs between the hours of 1800-2000 I had to deal with a man claiming to be the chief whip and who I later confirmed to be such and a Mr Andrew MITCHELL.
Mr Mitchell was speaking to PC ******** demanding exit through the main vehicle gate into Whitehall. PC ******** explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was for pedal cycles to use the side pedestrian exit. Mr MITCHELL refused, stating he was the chief whip and he always used the main gates.
I explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was to use the side pedestrian gates and that I was happy to open those for him, but that no officer present would be opening the main gates as this was the policy we were directed to follow.
Mr MITCHELL refused. Repeatedly reiterating he was the chief whip. My exact explanation to Mr MITCHELL was "I am more than happy to open the side pedestrian gate for you Sir, but it is policy that we are not to allow cycles through the main vehicle entrance".
After several refusals Mr MITCHELL got off his bike and walked to the pedestrian gate with me after I again offered to open that for him.
There were several members of public present as is the norm opposite the pedestrian gate and as we neared it, Mr MITCHELL said: "Best you learn your f------ place...you don’t run this f------ government...You’re f------ plebs." The members of public looked visibly shocked and I was somewhat taken aback by the language used and the view expressed by a senior government official. I can not say if this statement was aimed at me individually, or the officers present or the police service as a whole.
I warned Mr MITCHELL that he should not swear, and if he continued to do so I would have no option but to arrest him under the Public Order Act, saying "Please don’t swear at me Sir. If you continue to I will have no option but to arrest you under the public order act".
Mr MITCHELL was then silent and left saying "you haven’t heard the last of this" as he cycled off.
I forward this to you as all officers were extremely polite to Mr MITCHELL, but such behaviour and verbal expressions could lead to the unfortunate situation of officers being left no option but to exercise their powers.
I write this for your information as Mr Mitchell’s last comments would appear to indicate that he is unhappy with my actions.
I have recorded this fully in my pocket book."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:51 am 

pedro2 wrote:

You should be a washing machine the way you spin shit . :roll:

By the way , what is a fundraiser for rich people ???

Are the Dems looking for more money to waste ??

EXCLUSIVE: Romney Invested Millions in Chinese Firm That Profited on US Outsourcing

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... lobal-tech

"According to government documents, Romney, when he was in charge of Bain, invested heavily in a Chinese manufacturing company that depended on US outsourcing for its profits—and that explicitly stated that such outsourcing was crucial to its success."

"At the time Romney was acquiring shares in Global-Tech, the firm publicly acknowledged that its strategy was to profit from prominent US companies outsourcing production abroad."

The only spin going on here is pedro2's head because once again, he has expressed his misguided perception of reality in regards to civics and business in America.

Republicans are only interested in coddling the rich while throwing the poor and middle class under the bus period.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 pm 

Spacer , you keep tossing out these generalized statements as though they include ALL Republicans and EVERYONE that doesn't vote like you.... a straight Democratic ticket.
Do independents want dirty air and water too or just Republicans ?

By using that same logic that one person can speak for millions , ie. Romney , is it fair to say that you also believe that the torture and killing of an American ambassador , and 3 others is just a ' bump in the road ' ?

I find that quite cold hearted and callous.

Do you feel the same because your guy said it ??

That's quite contrary to the empathy and understanding for the ' little ' guy that you try to project.

Would you tell the families of those murdered that it's just a ' bump in the road ' , implying that they should just get over it ?

That's what your guy said . Do you say the same ? :?

You will get your wish . Obama will be re-elected , but I have a question for you.

What will you do when the fillers don't fill anymore and the dippers have nothing left to get.

Where will the money flow come from then ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:50 pm 

Pulpit Freedom Sunday is coming Oct 7. Preachers from across the US band together to shit all over the seperation of church and state. Either leave politics out of the church or tax the churches, tax the businesses owned by the churches.

http://www.speakupmovement.org/church/LearnMore/details/4702

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:58 pm 

Pulpit Freedom Sunday is coming Oct 7. Preachers from across the US band together to shit all over the seperation of church and state. Either leave politics out of the church or tax the churches, tax the businesses owned by the churches.

http://www.speakupmovement.org/church/LearnMore/details/4702

Agreed 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 am 

Cool that we agree on something, though I know you won't agree with Thom Hartmann's blog from Friday...

The American Dream Hinges on Organized Labor

That's the conclusion of a new study by the Center for American Progress looking at data from the Pew Research Center. The study looked at unionization rates within states and found that states with the highest percentage of unionized workers also have the highest rates of economic mobility - as in, the chances that someone born into the middle class can work their way into the upper class.
Being able to come from nothing and live a successful life is the basis of the American Dream. Unfortunately, the United States now lags behind the rest of the developed world when it comes to economic mobility.
Today, more than 2/3 of Americans born in the bottom-fifth income bracket - will stay in the bottom two-fifths income brackets their entire lives. A lot of that has to do with a 32-year war against organized labor starting with Ronald Reagan. The study concludes by showing that just a ten-percent boost in unionized workers in an average state would increase economic mobility by 4%.
It's time to bring democracy back to the work place through unions and give workers a shot at what they've been promised - a shot at the American Dream
-Thom

Also, a funny site to prepare for Pulpit Freedom Sunday...
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/religion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm 

This isn't exactly "Breaking News." But wtf, it's more than worthy to post here...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81649.html

Ralph Nader: President Obama’s a ‘war criminal’

By PATRICK GAVIN | 9/25/12 12:56 PM EDT

It’s no surprise that Ralph Nader isn’t a fan of former President George W. Bush. After all, the longtime activist ran against him in both 2000 and 2004. But Nader’s even less a fan of President Barack Obama, if only because he thinks Obama was capable of so much more.

On issues related to the military and foreign policy, Obama’s worse than Bush, “in the sense that he’s more aggressive, more illegal worldwide,” Nader told POLITICO, going so far as to call Obama a “war criminal.”

“He’s gone beyond George W. Bush in drones, for example. He thinks the world is his plate, that national sovereignties mean nothing, drones can go anywhere. They can kill anybody that he suspects and every Tuesday he makes the call on who lives and who dies, supposed suspects in places like Yemen and Pakistan and Afghanistan, and that is a war crime and he ought to be held to account.”

Nader called Obama “below average because he raised expectation levels. What expectation level did George W. Bush raise?… He’s below average because he’s above average in his intellect and his knowledge of legality, which is violating with abandon.”

“I don’t know whether George W. Bush ever read the Constitution,” said Nader. “This man taught the Constitution, and this is what we got.”

Nader gave Obama this much: He’s the lesser of two evils when compared to GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. But he said Obama is “the more effective evil because he brings credibility, he brings the democratic heritage to it, he has legitimized the lawless war-mongering and militarism abroad of George W. Bush.”

When asked to highlight some positives about Obama’s presidency, Nader said, “I like the way he’s emphasized renewable energy, even though he still supports nuclear and fossil fuels, as if they’re all the same, all of the above. But he does speak more about renewables than any president perhaps since Jimmy Carter.” (Nader will be speaking at the Green Festival in Washington, D.C., later this month.)

And: “He wanted to have a public works program, he really did want to have a jobs program and the Republicans crushed it and that would have created a lot of jobs that couldn’t be exported to China.”

Nader doesn’t let Republicans off easy, either, calling them “the worst Republican Party in history.”

“We’re dealing with a real sick, decaying Democratic Party that can’t defend the country against the cruelest, most ignorant, most anti-worker, most war-mongering, most Wall Street–indentured Republican Party in its history, since the 1850s.”

As for Romney, Nader said “he’s not the old Romney, governor of Massachusetts. He’s had a character and personality makeover. He’s just bought into the extreme right wing of the Republican Party, represented by Paul Ryan, and I don’t think he’s going to be able to shake that. He’s basically a corporation running for president masquerading as a human being.”

For the first time in a long time, Nader is not running for president this year. From the way he puts it, he may be through with such campaigns.

“I’ve run several times and we’ve documented the two-party tyranny, which means they’re very adept at excluding, with a whole variety of ways, third parties.”

It’s not, however, because he’s been billed by some as a political spoiler.

“That’s a politically bigoted words, as if we’re second-class citizens,” said Nader. “Since we’re all trying to get votes from one another, either we’re all spoilers of one another or none of us are spoilers.”

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:54 am 

Who care's what you think Isaac? Not me.

What is important is this...

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012 ... rcent?lite
Quote:
The unemployment rate fell to 7.8% -- the first time it’s been below 8% since Jan. 2009. More from the AP: “The Labor Department says employers added 114,000 jobs in September. The economy also created 86,000 more jobs in July and August than first estimated.”

The unemployment rate/jobless numbers are now officially and substantially lower now, than when Obama took office.

Obama 2012! Four more years...four more years...four more years...four more years...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 pm 

At the present rate of job growth, if that happens it will take 4 years to get to the job level from 2008, I see that as a gamble and NOT a good choice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 pm 

Wow! 114,000! 86,000 more than they expected this year! I guess they weren't expecting much, huh?!

The 30,000,000 unemployed will be killing each other over these $10 an hour slave jobs! As planned!

Isn't America wonderful?

Wonderful wonderful wonderful!

"Prosperity is right around the corner!" - Herbert Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:11 pm 

Jobs gains are better than the rate Bush left us at a loss of 850,000 per month, which is precisely what will happen when Romney gets elected. A year-and-a-half from now I'll once again say "I told you so". Predictable like clockwork.

The only reason America lost 30,000,000 jobs is because Republicans had 6 years of complete control of the government between 2001 and 2007. It only took the Republicans 6 years to destroy decades of progress. It will happen again if Romney gets elected, except we'll fall back about 60 years. Simple common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Jobs gains are better than the rate Bush left us at a loss of 850,000 per month, which is precisely what will happen when Romney gets elected. A year-and-a-half from now I'll once again say "I told you so". Predictable like clockwork.

The only reason America lost 30,000,000 jobs is because Republicans had 6 years of complete control of the government between 2001 and 2007. It only took the Republicans 6 years to destroy decades of progress. It will happen again if Romney gets elected, except we'll fall back about 60 years. Simple common sense.

Clinton signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act (The Banking Act of 1933) in 1999. And it definitely contributed to the current Housing Bubble economic crisis. And hence, this mess wasn't just the fault of bankers, financial institutions or George W. Bush, etc.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:56 pm 

Again, not exactly breaking news. But wtf...

Did the U.S. Create Al Qaeda?

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBpArmAMbwU

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ilMvsuQz5M

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 am 

That Osama bin-Laden was a CIA asset has been well known by folks who get information from places other than corporation-controlled media. I read about this ten years ago.

...but most people here and in America will not think it's true until Diane Sawyer pouts and admits it.

It's very scary when we think about it, a nation and world of gullible fools, but if it was not for Frank Zappa, even I might still be falling for corporate slime.

As it is, I gotta go with what feels right, and the major media feels like a con job to me.

None of it can be trusted. They are under to obligation whatsoever to tell all the truth, or any of it. Why on Earth people still follow it like it's legitimate is beyond me, but then again, I'm beyond most people anyway.

So, I'm front row at the freak show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
That Osama bin-Laden was a CIA asset has been well known by folks who get information from places other than corporation-controlled media. I read about this ten years ago.

...but most people here and in America will not think it's true until Diane Sawyer pouts and admits it.

It's very scary when we think about it, a nation and world of gullible fools, but if it was not for Frank Zappa, even I might still be falling for corporate slime.

As it is, I gotta go with what feels right, and the major media feels like a con job to me.

None of it can be trusted. They are under to obligation whatsoever to tell all the truth, or any of it. Why on Earth people still follow it like it's legitimate is beyond me, but then again, I'm beyond most people anyway.

So, I'm front row at the freak show.

Jeezus Christ – a psychiatrist could have a field day with this one – HILarious.

(Narcissist says “My group is superior to all other groups, but they are still not worthy of Me”)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 pm 

After many many months of Republicans in my state blasting Obama about the economy and jobs numbers, they have just released a new add here taking credit for the drop in unemployment numbers. What a fucking joke. More pathetic bullshit from the Nazi party of North America and their presidential candidate Romney..

Rope-a-dope is just another account of Disco Isaac. He has many names here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:58 pm 

Prove it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:02 pm 

Because I don't trust major media, then I'm some sort of therapy bait?

Is that right, phyducks?

This is a tactic the Soviets often used...to claim their opposition was mentally disturbed. They put many intelligent dissidents in prison.

Since I don't think everything that comes from the television is trustworthy, then I am crazy?

Then, Frank Zappa must have been nuts, right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm 

Are you saying I'm in love with myself, phyfuck?

I don't belong to any group but the iconoclasts. They are worthy.

...and I don't mind being called "rope-a-dope". It's what I do. The phrase comes from Muhammed Ali, who used to back his opponents up against the ring ropes and beat them senseless. That's certainly what I do here and elsewhere. Putting you ill-informed pantywaists away is what I'm all about...and even if you still think you are "winning", it doesn't matter...you'll never get over it.

I will never go back to thinking the way a lot of folks here think. The truth remains the truth, even if the facts change. I don't make any claims to being "right"...I only express my point of view that has been sorted out using the information I choose to trust.

...and who always attacks me? People who think information ran through corporate filters is trustworthy and all other information is bogus. Try another way, for a change. It couldn't hurt you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217 ... 389  Next