Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 389  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
BBP wrote:
Attack on a bakery in Syria kills dozens. :(

There's a fullblown civil war there Bonny.Alot of bakeries are being bombed by Bashir and his army.The man is killing his own people to retain power.The Russians don't even want him as head of state anymore either.It started with the arab spring movement.Thought you'd be up on the world news. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 782
Location: Atlanta
BBP wrote:
Attack on a bakery in Syria kills dozens. :(


Bonny, I thought it was just you. I did not realize it was a thing:


In Sweden, they have a tradition of watching Donald Duck cartoons on Christmas.
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/cult ... quack.html

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9801
Location: EINDHOVEN
Seriously, that's about as much of a tradition as the annual showing of Home Alone 2, Annie, and Muppets Treasure Island on Dutch TV at Christmas.
"It's Christmas time in heaven, there's good films on TV, the Sound Of Music twice an hour, and Jaws 1, 2 and 3..."

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Looking at it closer, Ireland probably is. As for the UK, I'm still not convinced.



Ah, I see again.
Soooo, the United Kingdom has its own continent.
What is its name, please?


Huh? Like I said earlier, not every country belongs to a continent. You do know this, right?

Caputh wrote:
And what about Northern Ireland btw?
Because the complete name of the United Kingdom is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Does Northern Ireland belong to Europe and the rest of the UK not- like European and Asian Turkey?


I don't believe so.

Pope Jim wrote:
Face it, Discodouche: You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. In fact, you claim that hole in the ground as yours and deny your own ass. Personally, I've always wondered why Europe and Asia are considered separate continents. They aren't. Geologically speaking, India has a better claim to separate continental status than Europe does.


You can now go back to worshipping Obama, who's partially responsible for the killings of THOUSANDS of Middle Eastern people, including innocent civilians and even US soldiers because of collateral damage, while simultaneously ranting on about gun control advocacy!

Face it, Pop Jerk-Off: you can't win an argument to save your life. Things like evidence, proof and logic are completely lost on you. But keep it up, it amuses me...

downer mydnyte wrote:
Image


Cute...but the REAL real list is this:

~ Expressing and discussing Zappaology topics
~ Having to deal with complete morons like you on a daily basis, who generalize 'til they're blue in the face
~ Providing compelling evidence, proof & logic to back up my points, while many others FAIL to do the same, so they resort to throwing ad hominems at me
~ OWNING YOUR ASS INTO OBLIVION

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19173
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
BBP wrote:
Attack on a bakery in Syria kills dozens. :(

Baker's dozens, no doubt.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
BBP wrote:
Attack on a bakery in Syria kills dozens. :(

Baker's dozens, no doubt.

Your a sick man jpd,as I LMAO too! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2466
Disco Boy wrote:
Providing compelling evidence, proof & logic to back up my points,

Words are not proof.

But you're right, I am a moron. I'm a moron for continuing to feed your unhealthy craving for negative attention, and for acknowledging your tiresome, politically motivated existence on this forum. Goodbye forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5856
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
You guys still don't think he's Isaac?


I could go on about the geographical definition about continents and how every land mass are parts of tectonic plates, and their relationships to the countries that are parts of them, but then I would be giving Isaac Boy another excuse to hijack another thread into being about him.


There's another Peter Jackson/Lord of the Rings type movie out Isaac Boy. Why don't you tell us how great Ralph Bakshi is again?..., well, because you are the forums respected member... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2064
pot-kettle-black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4969
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Looking at it closer, Ireland probably is. As for the UK, I'm still not convinced.



Ah, I see again.
Soooo, the United Kingdom has its own continent.
What is its name, please?


Huh? Like I said earlier, not every country belongs to a continent. You do know this, right?

Caputh wrote:
And what about Northern Ireland btw?
Because the complete name of the United Kingdom is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Does Northern Ireland belong to Europe and the rest of the UK not- like European and Asian Turkey?


I don't believe so.



Ahh, I see yet again. I had always foolishly assumed that every country did belong to a continent. I was obviously being laid astray by maps such as these...
http://www.google.de/search?num=10&hl=d ... 17RVgq0bUQ.
Almost none of which appear to show any countries that do not belong to a continent, with the exception of a couple which for some reason don't want to include Greenland in North America.

Could you give me a list of the countries that do not belong to continents?

By "I don't believe so" do you mean that N. Ireland belongs to Europe, or not?

Lastly, what is your criteria for deciding whether a country "belongs" to a continent or not?
Is it the same as L. Ron Hubbard's? Because he's the only person I could find on the net who shares your view about the UK not belonging to Europe.

See the groovy Scientology maps here:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents ... ology.html.

However, I suppose all this jolly Xmas banter is for naught as soon the UK will be submerged;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/2 ... e-flooding

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9400
Location: Wellington New Zealand
7:56am December 25th 2012

It's christmas day in New Zealand

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Gray_Ghost wrote:
7:56am December 25th 2012

It's christmas day in New Zealand

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!

And to you too Gray_Ghost! And everyone that reads this.Merry New year and Happy Holidaze y'all. 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3699
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Providing compelling evidence, proof & logic to back up my points,

Words are not proof.


Where did I say they were?

downer mydnyte wrote:
But you're right, I am a moron. I'm a moron for continuing to feed your unhealthy craving for negative attention, and for acknowledging your tiresome, politically motivated existence on this forum. Goodbye forever.


tweedle-dumb wrote:
You guys still don't think he's Isaac?


I could go on about the geographical definition about continents and how every land mass are parts of tectonic plates, and their relationships to the countries that are parts of them, but then I would be giving Isaac Boy another excuse to hijack another thread into being about him.


There's another Peter Jackson/Lord of the Rings type movie out Isaac Boy. Why don't you tell us how great Ralph Bakshi is again?..., well, because you are the forums respected member... :lol:


Caputh wrote:
Ahh, I see yet again. I had always foolishly assumed that every country did belong to a continent. I was obviously being laid astray by maps such as these...
http://www.google.de/search?num=10&hl=d ... 17RVgq0bUQ.
Almost none of which appear to show any countries that do not belong to a continent, with the exception of a couple which for some reason don't want to include Greenland in North America.

Could you give me a list of the countries that do not belong to continents?

By "I don't believe so" do you mean that N. Ireland belongs to Europe, or not?

Lastly, what is your criteria for deciding whether a country "belongs" to a continent or not?
Is it the same as L. Ron Hubbard's? Because he's the only person I could find on the net who shares your view about the UK not belonging to Europe.

See the groovy Scientology maps here:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents ... ology.html.

However, I suppose all this jolly Xmas banter is for naught as soon the UK will be submerged;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/2 ... e-flooding


ALL three of you need to take one of these and FAST...

Image

And once again, NOT ALL countries belong to continents (only most do)...

:roll:


Merry Christmas, everyone! :)

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5533
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Thats a bitter pill to swallow.

_________________
*********************************************************************



I signed on the line for seven long years.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9400
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Take two, if the pain persists call your health provider.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
The Pill live on acid by The Kapt;

One half makes you larger,
And one half makes you small.
And the ones that DB gives you,
Don't do anything at all*,
Go ask the Kapt.I know he'll know,(d'oh)
He always gets larger,as he walks away,
Unless he walks way too slow,
Like in slo'mo',it'll turn you on-o.
When logic and misfortune are all you know,
And KUIII doesn't make sense,
Remember,there's a pear farm there,there's a pear farm there.

(Come work on my socialist pear farm,I'll protect you from the hoards of_____.)
Trust him you'll love it.
It's his way of life.


*It's a picture.D'oh! :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 5670
Location: Orange County Ca.
vita - man L is still in your diet. eh Kiirk? zappy holidayz!

_________________
This is the exciting part.
This is like The Supremes, see the way it builds up...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5856
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Oh geesh...Isaacs at it again. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 2064
A little something for you, SPACEBROTHER:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/12/fou ... f-war.html



Merry Christmas!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21474
Location: Somewhere in time
:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Rather than shave his head,Plook has decided that being a non smoker would be the wiser choice.His wife agrees.His 1st step in the right direction will be to put out that smoking smilie.He doesn't want to be associated with cigerettes in any way shape or form.Do ya Plook? :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5856
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
A rope leash wrote:
A little something for you, SPACEBROTHER:

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/12/fou ... f-war.html



Merry Christmas!


The irony is that we are fighting and spending less on wars now than we did before President Obama got elected. We already have one Baddy here, I didn't realise that he reproduced.

Merry Christmas to you to! :mrgreen:


http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/20/cha ... der-obama/


http://www.heritage.org/research/report ... quirements



There are hundreds of these graphs. Not to brag, but it IS a good feeling being right most of the time... :wink: :mrgreen: :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:07 am
Posts: 1595
UK may not be part of what is called Continental Europe, but does it mean it's any less of a European country? Now, if any country can claim its surrounding smaller isles as part of their country, then it only follows that a continent can also consider its nearest isles as parts of it. UK may be separated from the main landmass of Europe, but it still firmly belongs to the Eurasian tectonic plate (comprising all of Europe and much of Asia) and that's the only argument you need really.

I'm all for "compelling evidence, proof & logic", except that I just don't go for mere talking out of your arse and paranoid alarmist trash talking about Obama (even if I find Obama as a bit of a disappointment, but you need more substantial criticism than this empty sloganeering "One nation under socialism", now how Sieg Heil does that salute to Republicanism, eh?).

_________________
Lies are like quicksand, soft and comfortable, but they will swallow us. Truth is like bedrock, hard and uncomfortable, but we can always stand on it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
They got a chunnel that connects the Brits with the Frogs.If France ain't central Europe,what the hell was Hitler doing there? And why did he want Engand then? For his own private off shore island? :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 389  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], just plain doug and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group