Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 370  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 am 

Disco Boy wrote:

Not only that, but the Obama Administration did NOT have to bail out the banks. If they had NOT bailed out the banks and re-adopted free market principles instead (similar to what Harding did in the early '20s which curtailed that Depression and only lasted 18 months), the Housing Bubble Crisis would NOT have lasted this long. Yes, unemployment would be HIGHER in the beginning because of the re-adopting of free market principles...but ultimately, we wouldn't have to worry about this next crisis, which is going to make the Housing Bubble Crisis look like a fucking CAKE WALK. And that next crisis is the imminently-bursting Currency/Treasuries Bubble, which is the result of the $3 billion+ the US is borrowing per day from its creditors and the $40 billion per month the Fed is printing. It's better to have ONE crash and ONE recovery than TWO crashes and TWO recoveries...

Well, Obama didn't HAVE to bail out the banks, he just did in order not to look like a shit president from the git-go. Along with the inevitability of reintroducting the gold standard, which will happen. One crash is better than two, but with either of their repercussions in today's world, it's impossible to compare with an 18 month depression from the 1930's with respect to unemployment and market rebound. Hey, the prez needs his pension too, it just won't be worth that much when he begins to draw.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:28 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Let us not forget the dems voted for the war ! At the time Obama called it a dumb war, today speaking somewhere he called the Iraq war a success, so really enough carping that bush and company did it on there own, now today under Obama the USDA explained that they spent millions in mexico advertising that food stamps are available to them if they can get to the states ! How about over a mill to run the democratic barber shop in Dc with our taxes. Back to Iraq just what the fuck if we called their bluff and as a result some of the states got smoked? So do you have Obama on your death list as well.

I'm not on either corperate owned side.They're owned! I don't like polititians or politics all that much anyway.But after all this time,10yrs.after,you really think Iraq just might have had a weapon that could hit the states.Wow,you bought into that WMD story.Sorry,that's just overracting to anything a supposed liberal or Dem might say.Admit it,the media's got you scared.Of what? Me just airing my views on a war that's over? Still trying to blaming that war on Obama too? All wars are wrong and only benifit the wealthy.It's thier way of life.To make money at any cost. (and as long as they don't have to see or smell it) Now that's capitalism.Like the two old men in the Muppetts,that's all that's going to be left,if true capitalist have their way.Canibalize it till the last drop.Whatever it might be.Don't matter to men like Mitt or Barrack.Just win baby (Al Davis),is their anthem.
I don't want to pick a fight,just pointing out the faces of the dead.Our hero's dying in vain.Question authority and the media not me as to was it worth it.It's our own military complex that Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us about that everyone should be worried about.The privatation and outsourcing of military contracts is quickly becoming the American Wall St.life's blood of our economy.Somethings gotta give.Oppression breeds aggression,that's all there is to it.They start with your civil liberties. (patriot act which both dems and reps. prez.use) Then start to watch your movements,(GPS tracking satelites) and keep an armed eye on everyone of it's own people.(Drones) I'm not so worried about other country's ability to attack us.I worry about taking my eye of the ball and believing a known lie,then acting on it.I'm really worried about another useless war in Iran or N. Korea again.Wars are great for making dead heroes and the economy gets a boost too.Generals playing games and you and I?....we're the pawns.The Russians are just as threatend,but they have their people already "under control" nyet? China too.Are we next........starting to look that way,eh?
Crap I probably started a war here now.I hate politics! But Bravo,you always say "the dems did it too" as if blaming Obama for everything is your agenda.Not figuring out a better way.I'm just sayin it's only my opinion and that can change too.But not that way.It's tea-party childish to me.
Sample:
KK:Bush/Chenny really fucked up about those weapons of mass destruction.Here some pixs of the people who gave it all.
BS:Don't forget the Dems voted for that war! Now it's Obama's fault,look his opinion changed! (Must be a flip-flopper,can't lead,etcetera)

You take what I'm getting at in another missguided direction.I don't care about the blame game.I don't want it to happen again and neither should anyone else.(Except if you work for Halleburton or Blackwater and your an asshole too)
I only am saying these dead heroe's here didn't have to die for a lie.That you cannot deny! Hell,I'm not even saying that much,just it's been 10 yrs.and these are who payed.How is this Obama's and the Dems doings?
Use big letters so I understand the real story. :roll:
BTW: I agree with you alot more than you seem to think bro'.Just not on this.We cool? 8) :)

EDIT:Out of all the misspellings,I gotta misspell "etcetera" look at all the other posts below! D'oh! :lol:

I think you over simplify the situation, for shit sake the uk, and many countries were on board, that is my point hind site serves no one, pearl harbor, trade center, I happen to have had the pleasure of playing games in south east Asia, that was a mistake also. Seen and participated in death, if you are concerned so much about Iraq the question the present admin for leaving such a huge force there, and giving Egypt millions as well as fighter jets, look at the big picture and wonder where your tax dollars go if you work.

Thats Capitlism for ya... :wink:

Regarding the Vietnam War, it would have ended in 1968, if it weren't for Nixon's White House aspirations....of course...typical Republican hooliganism...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21768668

another source
http://www.ibtimes.com/lbj-tapes-show-r ... ks-1131819

and another source
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490

Quote:
According to the tapes, Johnson learned through FBI wiretaps that Nixon had played a role in getting South Vietnam to withdraw from peace talks in Paris that would effectively end the Vietnam War, and was therefore guilty of treason.

All of our Vietnam War veterans can thank Nixon and the Republicans.

...And then there's Dick Cheney's outing of a CIA operative, all to cover up their lie for going into Iraq. He also worked for Nixon...
http://www.historycommons.org/timeline. ... rgate_tmln

Talk about "the big picture".

edit -

Quote:
It begins in the summer of 1968. Nixon feared a breakthrough at the Paris Peace talks designed to find a negotiated settlement to the Vietnam war, and he knew this would derail his campaign...

...Once in office he escalated the war into Laos and Cambodia, with the loss of an additional 22,000 American lives, before finally settling for a peace agreement in 1973 that was within grasp in 1968

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 am 

You are such an ignorant blatant piece of crap, Kennedy got us in nam, Johnson escalated, and tricky dick got us out' deal with it, educate your self on the m 16 and who the general was that ate steaks and sucked beer at LBJs ranch selling it to his admin for use in the war that lbj escalated. Now if you were worth anything you would follow your buddy Obama and help the folks out In Syria.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am 

Read the articles before you comment Bravo. The audio tapes don't lie.

Caught...bloody red-handed.
The Vienam War WOULD HAVE ENDED IN 1968, if it wasn't for Nixon. Again, read the aticles. The truth always prevails.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

The Vienam War WOULD HAVE ENDED IN 1968, if it wasn't for Nixon. Again, read the aticles. The truth always prevails.

Yep. Someone wrote words in an article, so it must be truth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 am 

duchamp wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Yep. Someone wrote words in an article, so it must be truth.

They are declassified taped recorded conversations from 45 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 am 

Here's another source...http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smartne ... s-suggest/

Whenever major political crimes like this are exposed by the news media, the guilty parties and their supporters always blame the media.

Regarding Syria, it's my opinion that it isn't our situation to get involved with. Let the other NATO countries go in and deal with it. Better yet, let the businesses who profit from that region flip the entire bill for any further involvement there. It is a form of Capitolism afterall. :roll:

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:18 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Whenever major political crimes like this are exposed by the news media, the guilty parties and their supporters always blame the media.

If you are referring to me I certainly am not a supporter. I fully believe every significant political figure is corrupt. I am just an extreme sceptic. The first half of the article makes many claims, most of which are probably true. However, rather than just listing those claims, I would be a lot more comfortable with hearing the entire recording. It is unclear from reading the article whether all of the information in it came from the tapes, or if some of it is from other sources. I feel that most of the information is probably true, but I need to see the real thing rather than an article giving an interpretation to be certain. A post of the actual transcripts would be more convincing than a journalist's interpretation of it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 am 

duchamp wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

If you are referring to me I certainly am not a supporter. I fully believe every significant political figure is corrupt. I am just an extreme sceptic. The first half of the article makes many claims, most of which are probably true. However, rather than just listing those claims, I would be a lot more comfortable with hearing the entire recording. It is unclear from reading the article whether all of the information in it came from the tapes, or if some of it is from other sources. I feel that most of the information is probably true, but I need to see the real thing rather than an article giving an interpretation to be certain. A post of the actual transcripts would be more convincing than a journalist's interpretation of it.

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:11 am 

This kind of Internet info is what is fucking up a lot of young and to a smaller extent older people in the us. So you take as gospel what wheeler said? And you believe Nixon talked uncle ho into the tet offensive? You are IGNORENT, Johnson ,McNamara, and westmorland underestimated Ho; Johnson and lemay looked like the they were caught blind by tet and they were .Johnson announced he wouldn't run as a result, and In nixons first year 150 thousand troops came home. Go to the library, china fought Vietnam for thousands of years, the french 40 years. I won't respond to any more of your fractured account of the war, believe what you want, your buying into obamas shit aren't you!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am 

"Turn around" is the modern story!

Neiman Marcus agrees to settle with FTC over faux fake fur and false advertising.

Real fur labeled as faux fur!

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2013/ ... sing.html/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:09 am 

LBJ's declassified wiretap conversations regarding the catching of Nixon derailing Vietnam peace talks have absolutely nothing to do with Obama. Where the fuck do you get that from? Your side never owns up to their responsibilities, fuck-ups and scams.

Bush couldn't even own up to admitting that he made mistakes, knowing all along that he lied about WMDs in Iraq. It sucks that so many people had to die as a result of a lie, and for an election and re-election, in both Nixons and Bush's case. Democrats have fucked up plenty in modern history, but no where nearly as much and as often as Republicans and their culture of corruption.

Some would argue that it was all to support Capitalism......for Haliburton.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:02 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Let us not forget the dems voted for the war ! At the time Obama called it a dumb war, today speaking somewhere he called the Iraq war a success, so really enough carping that bush and company did it on there own, now today under Obama the USDA explained that they spent millions in mexico advertising that food stamps are available to them if they can get to the states ! How about over a mill to run the democratic barber shop in Dc with our taxes. Back to Iraq just what the fuck if we called their bluff and as a result some of the states got smoked? So do you have Obama on your death list as well.

I'm not on either corperate owned side.They're owned! I don't like polititians or politics all that much anyway.But after all this time,10yrs.after,you really think Iraq just might have had a weapon that could hit the states.Wow,you bought into that WMD story.Sorry,that's just overracting to anything a supposed liberal or Dem might say.Admit it,the media's got you scared.Of what? Me just airing my views on a war that's over? Still trying to blaming that war on Obama too? All wars are wrong and only benifit the wealthy.It's thier way of life.To make money at any cost. (and as long as they don't have to see or smell it) Now that's capitalism.Like the two old men in the Muppetts,that's all that's going to be left,if true capitalist have their way.Canibalize it till the last drop.Whatever it might be.Don't matter to men like Mitt or Barrack.Just win baby (Al Davis),is their anthem.
I don't want to pick a fight,just pointing out the faces of the dead.Our hero's dying in vain.Question authority and the media not me as to was it worth it.It's our own military complex that Dwight D. Eisenhower warned us about that everyone should be worried about.The privatation and outsourcing of military contracts is quickly becoming the American Wall St.life's blood of our economy.Somethings gotta give.Oppression breeds aggression,that's all there is to it.They start with your civil liberties. (patriot act which both dems and reps. prez.use) Then start to watch your movements,(GPS tracking satelites) and keep an armed eye on everyone of it's own people.(Drones) I'm not so worried about other country's ability to attack us.I worry about taking my eye of the ball and believing a known lie,then acting on it.I'm really worried about another useless war in Iran or N. Korea again.Wars are great for making dead heroes and the economy gets a boost too.Generals playing games and you and I?....we're the pawns.The Russians are just as threatend,but they have their people already "under control" nyet? China too.Are we next........starting to look that way,eh?
Crap I probably started a war here now.I hate politics! But Bravo,you always say "the dems did it too" as if blaming Obama for everything is your agenda.Not figuring out a better way.I'm just sayin it's only my opinion and that can change too.But not that way.It's tea-party childish to me.
Sample:
KK:Bush/Chenny really fucked up about those weapons of mass destruction.Here some pixs of the people who gave it all.
BS:Don't forget the Dems voted for that war! Now it's Obama's fault,look his opinion changed! (Must be a flip-flopper,can't lead,etcetera)

You take what I'm getting at in another missguided direction.I don't care about the blame game.I don't want it to happen again and neither should anyone else.(Except if you work for Halleburton or Blackwater and your an asshole too)
I only am saying these dead heroe's here didn't have to die for a lie.That you cannot deny! Hell,I'm not even saying that much,just it's been 10 yrs.and these are who payed.How is this Obama's and the Dems doings?
Use big letters so I understand the real story. :roll:
BTW: I agree with you alot more than you seem to think bro'.Just not on this.We cool? 8) :)

EDIT:Out of all the misspellings,I gotta misspell "etcetera" look at all the other posts below! D'oh! :lol:

I think you over simplify the situation, for shit sake the uk, and many countries were on board, that is my point hind site serves no one, pearl harbor, trade center, I happen to have had the pleasure of playing games in south east Asia, that was a mistake also. Seen and participated in death, if you are concerned so much about Iraq the question the present admin for leaving such a huge force there, and giving Egypt millions as well as fighter jets, look at the big picture and wonder where your tax dollars go if you work.

We're both adept at dealing with death.I'm still trying to stop it,that's all.I've been producing a local show on The Egyptian Revolution,starting back during the Arab Spring uprising.I use only Egyptians or Egyptian-Americans.The point being,I've had all sides on (except ours) and everyone wants Morsi and the Brotherhood of Islam outta there now.It's already turning into a sectarian field of bloodshed.(which they were hoping to avoid) I've come to the conclusion that we shouldn't give the thugs in power anymore money either.I'll ask the panel on the 21st,how that would effect the everyman in Egypt.
Your right BS, we give way to much money to country's that don't even like the west or US and I do write my congress about it too.Commom sense sez you can't "buy" friends. Look at 'Nam now! Thriving, without a dime in aid from the US. That should be our "model" for foreign relations. Leave them alone. But if they're starving that's another thing.Like the time we sent Russia our wheat during the cold war or millions would have died from starvation.The leaders ate cake of course,but it did save working and poor Russian lives that were under the poverty level anyway,that are now greatfull to the US and the people of the US. The leaders still hate us but we are making inroads to the people. We need to help those who need real help and quit propping up these falsely (US backed) elected puppets that hoard the cash for themselves or use our money to buy weapons that could be used against our soldiers.(Afghanistan's a perfect example, with Karzi holding out his hand for US $$'s, all the while twisting the knife in our backs a little deeper) What I'm getting at is,if we gave as much $$'s to The Peace Corps, Red Cross,etcetera rather than The Military Complex, we'd have people's from all over the world staying home rather than coming here.Why leave home if your not threatened by hunger or war? We are losing the hearts and minds of the common people who hear of these big donations and see none of it's benefits.
BTW,F.I.C.A has about a third of the money I've made over the last 40yrs.or so and I imagine they'll want more after my next check comes in too.Sucks,I know,but I do try and see that my $$'s are not going towards more war or the preparing for it.
If you need a label,I'm a neo-conservative right of Tea P-er's and left-wing (gotta have both for balance) liberal free radicle peace activist and ZappaFreak.I think the Dems are there to stop the GOP from slitting our throats for a buck or a misguided christian ideal.The Dems are there to spend all the GOP's "money" on the poor,therefor useless people. :roll: Not that it makes a heck of a lot of difference.So I'm in the twisted neutral party for the time being. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:14 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
You are such an ignorant blatant piece of crap, Kennedy got us in nam, Johnson escalated, and tricky dick got us out' deal with it, educate your self on the m 16 and who the general was that ate steaks and sucked beer at LBJs ranch selling it to his admin for use in the war that lbj escalated. Now if you were worth anything you would follow your buddy Obama and help the folks out In Syria.

Actually they killed JFK because he wasn't going to commit to Nam and in recently released White House tapes from LBJ they discovered he had a deal to end the war before the '68 election and Nixon thru his connections got the South to back out, LBJ wanted to charge him with Treason but it would have caused to much trouble in troubled times...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 pm 

tiboudre wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Not only that, but the Obama Administration did NOT have to bail out the banks. If they had NOT bailed out the banks and re-adopted free market principles instead (similar to what Harding did in the early '20s which curtailed that Depression and only lasted 18 months), the Housing Bubble Crisis would NOT have lasted this long. Yes, unemployment would be HIGHER in the beginning because of the re-adopting of free market principles...but ultimately, we wouldn't have to worry about this next crisis, which is going to make the Housing Bubble Crisis look like a fucking CAKE WALK. And that next crisis is the imminently-bursting Currency/Treasuries Bubble, which is the result of the $3 billion+ the US is borrowing per day from its creditors and the $40 billion per month the Fed is printing. It's better to have ONE crash and ONE recovery than TWO crashes and TWO recoveries...

Well, Obama didn't HAVE to bail out the banks, he just did in order not to look like a shit president from the git-go.

Yep.

tiboudre wrote:
Along with the inevitability of reintroducting the gold standard, which will happen.

We'll see...

tiboudre wrote:
One crash is better than two, but with either of their repercussions in today's world, it's impossible to compare with an 18 month depression from the 1930's with respect to unemployment and market rebound. Hey, the prez needs his pension too, it just won't be worth that much when he begins to draw.

I wouldn't say it's "impossible" to compare the early '20s Depression to today. Especially since whenever free market principles have been adopted (the Industrial Revolution, The Roaring Twenties, Mussolini's Italy of the early-mid '20s and more recently with Chile), they've drastically increased each country's GDP, as well as severely reduced unemployment rates, etc. But the comparison would be somewhat different, yes...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 am 

Vladimir Tretchikoff's Chinese Woman has been sold for 1.1 million euros at an auction in London.You may have seen it: it's been reprodced a lot. I spotted it in Rocky Horror, Frenzy and Alfie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:47 am 

My point is to sit here now and say you knew what was best as far as nam goes and Iraq is ludacris, for the record both were bad decisions as we know now, and I fought in nam when sb was 1 or not born,if you don't think we were paying attention at the time....... as to the Johnson tapes ? Horse hockey, TET , just try to find facts on the particulars of a so called pull out in 68, if that were the case he would have started a draw down, the bumbling fool is the shit head that pushed the Tonkin resolution this is not a controversy you guys are conspiracy nuts, you should be looking at our present economy and how it is being handled. I was not comparing Obama to the past just how incompetent he is at his job, look at how he is handling his trip today.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:12 am 

The drawdown would have started if the peace talks would have proceeded, but Nixon didn't want them to happen, because it would have made Johnson look good during an election. It's not all that different from the 2004 election. Everybody who spoke out against thew Iraq war in in 2004 were accused of aiding the terrorists. We al know that was horse hockey now, because the WMDs were never found, and the CIA knew that they weren't there already. The shit Bush pulled to get re-elected is the same shit Nixon pulled to keep Johnson from getting re-elected. Scams and lies that resulted in tens of thousands of deaths. Many Republicans have absolutely no shame or conscience, especially when their buddies busness interests get an opportunity to make billions of dollars off of the blood of innocent people. Conspiracies are built around paranoia with no factual or evidence. The Johnson tapes may, or may not be amissible in the court of law. We'll find out soon enough. If it becomes a legal issue, the conspiracy theorists for the Right will come out of the wood work, just like the birthers.

Regarding the current situation, all one has to do is remember towards the latter half of 2008, andthe beginning of 2009, when jobs were disappearing at a rate of 750,000 per month, to now in 2013, where jobs are increasing at an average rate of 200,000 per month. Like I said elsewhere, some of you folks who support that side of the spectrum might get it someday, but the vast majority probably never will....and yes, I was born in the middle of the 60's. I was aware of some of what was going on by the mid-70s, during the end of Nam, Nixons impeachment, and my hometown boy becoming the 38th president by default. Thats all we heard about constantly at the time. We even have a local museum for the guy, where I have actually done some research on the matter.

Anyways, that was 45 years ago, and the guilty parties are all dead now. It's just too bad that it took nearly a half a century for he evidence and truth to reveal itself, where at the time, tens of thousands of lives may have been saved. Oh well. Capitalism has it's darker sides. It isn't all cheery. Throughout history, it's been a frequent occurance for many to suffer so a few can gain. Slavery has been part of our nations capitalism for longer than it hasn't. The stygma isstill there though. Just ask the birthers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:45 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh37rWmU ... r_embedded

I asked the birthers.

This is the probable truth:

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... echild.php

Born of a communist.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 am 

In 2004, when anyone who spoke out against the war was a terrorist, why didn't the Democratic Party speak out against the war and vote not to fund it?

Because they was skeert of being terrorists?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:53 am 

It took over a half a century for the truth to be revealed by the people that knew the truth all along.

But they wouldn't still be doing bad shit and lying about it, would they?

www.ae911truth.org

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 pm 

A reality based on a lie is is not worth defending, whether the goal is a professional propaganda endeavor, or an armchair opinion. The actuality of power remains cloaked in false paradigms created and manipulated by those with power. Going on and on with an artificially gestated political stand made out of half-truths and untruths is kind of pathetic.

Take the other pill.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 pm 

Johnson,after finishing Kennedy's term,ran and beat Barry Goldwater by a landslide in '64.He escalated the war.Kennedy's dead so we don't know if it was his plan or "Superbirds"*.LBJ just said he was doing what JFK would have done.I don't believe it.Superbird had his own agenda and hated RFK (secretary of state) and disliked JFK.After getting the US in so deep into Vietnam,the big weasel famously said "I choose not to run and will not except the nomination for the President of the US" etcetera.That was early '68 before the run up to the '68 election.Our largest troop strength was in '68,about the time of the TET offensive in '68.So,BS your right about it being a DEM that first escalated the war.Nixon,a REP.on the other hand took it a step farther by invading and bombing Laos & Cambodia without a vote from congress.I forget who leaked it but the country exploded when we found out what Nixon was doing.(Daniel Ellesburg-Pentagon papers perhaps?) Before there was a smaller splintered peace movement.As Nixons lies about 'Nam became apparent it unified the peace movement.Who else but Tricky Dicky would think John Lennon's actions/words would mean doodly-squat in an US election? Students/kids we're shot and killed on our US campuses for opposing this war.To combat this there we're stories of protesters spitting on the baby killers coming home from 'Nam.The right wing press had a field day with that one,but not one picture or one person admitted to either getting spit apon or admitted to being a spitter!?! (I would have killed someone doing that shit) My 1st brother-inlaw,on his 1st tour,was a navigator on a B-52 bomber.He was discharged in '68 and went back into the service late '69 as a pilot flyin' a F-111 recon jet.(the most shot down jet in that war) In my opinion,LBJ blew it and Nixon exploited it.Nixon also showed how low a politician will go,to fuck over the other side.I lost 5 classmates and a lot of people that I knew from Los Altos and Berkeley/Oakland in that quagmire.A lot came back changed people altogether. Most 'Nam vets I've talked to, went in thinking this is the right thing to do. To a man they came back knowing the opposite was the truth.I raised 5 grand for the Viet Nam memorial in Sacramento,Ca. We gave the most of any state and lost the most.I will never forget our soldiers sacrifice and will always honor the one's who serve us now.
BTW,Bravo Sierra,welcome home and thank you for your service sir. 8)
Obama's trip isn't over yet.It all seems to be posturing for the sake of Israel so far.Last I heard his plans were still on to visit the West Bank,this just after Hamas in Gaza lobbed a couple of missiles into Israel as a welcome gesture. :roll:
Say what you want about Obama.One thing I'm glad about him being Prez.,is that Mitt's not! Thank Suzy Creamcheese or whoever for that! IMHO.

*"Superbird" That's what the left called him because of all the superbirds,B-52's,bombing Hanoi everyday,at the same time. :roll:
It's also the name of a song by Country Joe & The Fish on their album Electric Music For The Mind and Body.It's about LBJ.
He's flyin' way high,up in the sky,
Just like a super man.
But I've got a little piece of kryptonite,
Gonna bring back to land!
Say "Come out Lyndon,
With your hands held high.
Drop your guns baby,
N' reach for the sky"!
We got you surrounded,
You ain't gotta chance,
Gonna' send you back to Texas,
Make you work on your ranch...yeah,
Make him drop some acid,raise flowers to! (Fade out......)

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:33 pm 

KK listen to Alright Guy, by Todd Snider, it kinda sums up where i'm at. musically FZ, Hermeto, Pat Martino, and that stuff is what I listen to.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:53 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KK listen to Alright Guy, by Todd Snider, it kinda sums up where i'm at. musically FZ, Hermeto, Pat Martino, and that stuff is what I listen to.

I'll do that Bravo S. Thanx for the trust. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 265, 266, 267, 268, 269, 270, 271 ... 370  Next