Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 382  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 am 

A simple drug questionnaire before hiring her would have nipped that complaint in the bud. I would think the parking problem "incase of a shootout" would have bothered her more. Joints and lines don't hurt nearly as much as bullets do. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 am 

For everybody who thought going to the gold standard was a brilliant idea...

Quote:
Gold set for worst two-day loss since 1983 -------> http://money.msn.com/business-news/arti ... d=16352974

...suckers!!! :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am 

Down-under in Adelaide it looks like an arsonist burned Polydigm's fence and surrounding area* in the late/early morning. If Poly hadn't been woken or been up, it looks as if the whole place would have gone up. He said he had most of it under control before the fire brigade arrived on scene. Very lucky no one was hurt or killed! From the photo on The Packard Goose's chit-chat thread, it looks like an incendiary device of some sort was used. imo :shock: :x :evil:

* Very close to the main house.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am 

....Boston Marathon Bombed. Not an accidental gas explosion, blood everywhere. Body parts ect. This just broke on the news......witnesses said two explosion's...camera now pulled back. Blood spots still visible. Bombs went off after the first runners had passed and the big mass of runners was near or close to the end..... I'm getting this from a NBC affiliate in Boston...raw footage......black SUV's locked down the area as a crime scene....20 seconds between blast....witness says explosion on sidewalk, not from below or above.

Terrible news, simply awful. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:00 pm 

Terrible news indeed. I haven't heard of any casualties as of yet, and hopefully there aren't any. -------> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... athon?lite

Somebody is declaring war against our country and government again. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough whether it's domestic or foriegn terrorists. Either way, there will be Hell to pay for those responsible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:31 pm 

Started out at 6 injured.
Now it's at 2 dead, 28 injured.
Luckily, they didn't use a gun!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm 

I agree jpd. something else going on now. Tragic; part of living in a free nation nut jobs can do crap like this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 pm 

This is a planned attack with low tech low yield explosives, so far five devices (4) in area of finish line, (1) at JFK library, most likely cell phone activated...This person or persons had the will, thankfully their means were meager, sometimes restrictions and laws save lives, this is an obvious example of it.

:smoke:

Last edited by Plook on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 pm 

Batty, Batty! How are you? And our other fellow Boston forumites? Are you all OK?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
....Boston Marathon Bombed. Not an accidental gas explosion, blood everywhere. Body parts ect. This just broke on the news......witnesses said two explosion's...camera now pulled back. Blood spots still visible. Bombs went off after the first runners had passed and the big mass of runners was near or close to the end..... I'm getting this from a NBC affiliate in Boston...raw footage......black SUV's locked down the area as a crime scene....20 seconds between blast....witness says explosion on sidewalk, not from below or above.

Terrible news, simply awful. :cry:

All the victims and their families have my sympathies. What a coward thing to do...

And to think this is a routine for the people in Iraq... :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Started out at 6 injured.
Now it's at 2 dead, 28 injured.
Luckily, they didn't use a gun!

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I agree jpd. something else going on now. Tragic; part of living in a free nation nut jobs can do crap like this.

wow...sad......really pathetic and sad. I expected as much from BS, but, wow jpd. You've stooped to an all time low point with this comment jpd. :roll:

shame on ther both of you :x :roll:

There is a reason I didn't jump to a conclusion and blame some Timothy McVeigh type militia gun wacko for this, but you guys are already anticipating it. Pathetic and sad on so many levels. You guys are both fucked in the head. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm 

Spacey, stop it. You're continuously picking fights. It's very tiring and completely uninteresting.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35 pm 

For these two a-holes to turn this tragedy into a gun debate is pathetic bbp. It's just another excuse for them.

edit - for anybody who hasn't particularly liked what I've had to say regarding polititcal debates, or my approach, you might want to consider putting me on ignore now, because I'm going to call out bullshit as I see it. Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:55 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.

BBP wrote:
Spacey, stop it. You're continuously picking fights. It's very tiring and completely uninteresting.

Well stated BBP :)

Spacey , fuck YOU and YOUR pathetic gun bullshit.

This is about people , most likely with families and not about YOU ! :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
For these two a-holes to turn this tragedy into a gun debate is pathetic bbp. It's just another excuse for them.

edit - for anybody who hasn't particularly liked what I've had to say regarding polititcal debates, or my approach, you might want to consider putting me on ignore now, because I'm going to call out bullshit as I see it. Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.

Your reading way to much into this Spacebro', I didn't read it like that at all. Now is not the time to start in on anyone. Let the facts come to light or your argument will lose it's validity in this instance. Besides BS and jpd have the right to free speech just as much as you do. Maybe start a gun control thread for further discourse, eh? Thanx bro'. :wink:

EDIT: Confirmed; one of the dead is an 8yr. old child. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:30 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Quote:
The cut & paste job or text looks as though it's from a hardcore Keynesian...

It's not a cut and paste job. You wont find that text on the internet. And I'm not a Keynesian.

downer mydnyte wrote:
But I did post that to fuck with you, so...I guess it was successful.

You're changing the goal posts in a dismal attempt to one-up me again. How predictable...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
For everybody who thought going to the gold standard was a brilliant idea...

Quote:
Gold set for worst two-day loss since 1983 -------> http://money.msn.com/business-news/arti ... d=16352974

...suckers!!! :lol: :roll:

The article and yourself conveniently forgot to mention that the price of Gold has drastically increased roughly 80% over the past 10-12 years (especially over the past 4 years). There are always occasional lulls in the markets. And just because it's decreased recently, doesn't mean much considering its overall value has SKY-ROCKETED...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Your reading way to much into this Spacebro', I didn't read it like that at all. Now is not the time to start in on anyone. Let the facts come to light or your argument will lose it's validity in this instance. Besides BS and jpd have the right to free speech just as much as you do. Maybe start a gun control thread for further discourse, eh? Thanx bro'. :wink:

EDIT: Confirmed; one of the dead is an 8yr. old child. :cry:

I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment, it was there...this should re-enforce peoples goal for greater gun control, because if not for the restrictions on bomb making materials, anyone with the will to do so would be able to cause far more damage then these bombs.

This smells domestic due to the date, April has always been the month shit happens and it normally is home grown... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 pm 

Plook wrote:
I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment

Are you calling BS and jpd diggers, boy? You in a heap a trouble, boy! Click,.... Click. One last :smoke: ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 am 

jpd was kidding. Tasteless joke, but a joke.
Rijksmuseum has been re-opened to rave reviews.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment

Are you calling BS and jpd diggers, boy? You in a heap a trouble, boy! Click,.... Click. One last :smoke: ?

I like livin on the edge as you know, thats what makes me TMIMITW... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 am 

BBP wrote:

Zelfs de koningin van de houten schoenen gemerkt... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 am 

Google Translate translates "wooden shoe" literally to "houten schoen". The word for that typically Dutch footwear is klomp (pl. klompen).

The 8-year-old casualty has been identified as Martin Richards.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:59 am 

pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.

Spacey , fuck YOU and YOUR pathetic gun bullshit.

This is about people , most likely with families and not about YOU ! :evil:

Coming from a guy who implies that "if I come to his neighborhood, he'll see how many guns fit into my mouth', shows that you are an ignorant hateful buffoon. Do society a favor and see how many of your own guns fit into your own mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 am 

Regarding the bombing incident, I won't jump to a conclusion that it was a domestic or foriegn terrorist action. Like other similar incidents like this, it may take years for the culprit(s) to be arrested. An example is the Altlanta/abotion clinic bomber Eric Rudloph took a while to find. Same with the unibomber. McVeigh and Terry Nichols were discovered fairly quickly. It took over a year for the first WTC bombing suspects to be arrested.

One thing all of these people do have in common though is that they had/have a fear and hatred towards authority. In most cases, the fear and hatred is driven by religion and/or business interests trying to protect and promote their bottom line.

Whether this terrorist act is deemed to be domestic or foriegn, only time will tell. These cowards will be caught, regardless.

It really sucks that a child is among the casualties.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

BBP wrote:

It was an inappropriate comment made at an inappropriate time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 382  Next