Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 382  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
A simple drug questionnaire before hiring her would have nipped that complaint in the bud. I would think the parking problem "incase of a shootout" would have bothered her more. Joints and lines don't hurt nearly as much as bullets do. :roll:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
For everybody who thought going to the gold standard was a brilliant idea...

Quote:
Gold set for worst two-day loss since 1983 -------> http://money.msn.com/business-news/arti ... d=16352974



...suckers!!! :lol: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Down-under in Adelaide it looks like an arsonist burned Polydigm's fence and surrounding area* in the late/early morning. If Poly hadn't been woken or been up, it looks as if the whole place would have gone up. He said he had most of it under control before the fire brigade arrived on scene. Very lucky no one was hurt or killed! From the photo on The Packard Goose's chit-chat thread, it looks like an incendiary device of some sort was used. imo :shock: :x :evil:


* Very close to the main house.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
....Boston Marathon Bombed. Not an accidental gas explosion, blood everywhere. Body parts ect. This just broke on the news......witnesses said two explosion's...camera now pulled back. Blood spots still visible. Bombs went off after the first runners had passed and the big mass of runners was near or close to the end..... I'm getting this from a NBC affiliate in Boston...raw footage......black SUV's locked down the area as a crime scene....20 seconds between blast....witness says explosion on sidewalk, not from below or above.

Terrible news, simply awful. :cry:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Terrible news indeed. I haven't heard of any casualties as of yet, and hopefully there aren't any. -------> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... athon?lite


Somebody is declaring war against our country and government again. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough whether it's domestic or foriegn terrorists. Either way, there will be Hell to pay for those responsible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19065
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Started out at 6 injured.
Now it's at 2 dead, 28 injured.
Luckily, they didn't use a gun!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3606
I agree jpd. something else going on now. Tragic; part of living in a free nation nut jobs can do crap like this.

_________________
A government Bureau is the closest thing to eternal life on earth that you will ever see


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
This is a planned attack with low tech low yield explosives, so far five devices (4) in area of finish line, (1) at JFK library, most likely cell phone activated...This person or persons had the will, thankfully their means were meager, sometimes restrictions and laws save lives, this is an obvious example of it.

:smoke:


Last edited by Plook on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9670
Location: EINDHOVEN
Batty, Batty! How are you? And our other fellow Boston forumites? Are you all OK?

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13803
Location: From some place in this area...
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
....Boston Marathon Bombed. Not an accidental gas explosion, blood everywhere. Body parts ect. This just broke on the news......witnesses said two explosion's...camera now pulled back. Blood spots still visible. Bombs went off after the first runners had passed and the big mass of runners was near or close to the end..... I'm getting this from a NBC affiliate in Boston...raw footage......black SUV's locked down the area as a crime scene....20 seconds between blast....witness says explosion on sidewalk, not from below or above.

Terrible news, simply awful. :cry:

All the victims and their families have my sympathies. What a coward thing to do...

And to think this is a routine for the people in Iraq... :shock:

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
just plain doug wrote:
Started out at 6 injured.
Now it's at 2 dead, 28 injured.
Luckily, they didn't use a gun!

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I agree jpd. something else going on now. Tragic; part of living in a free nation nut jobs can do crap like this.


wow...sad......really pathetic and sad. I expected as much from BS, but, wow jpd. You've stooped to an all time low point with this comment jpd. :roll:


shame on ther both of you :x :roll:


There is a reason I didn't jump to a conclusion and blame some Timothy McVeigh type militia gun wacko for this, but you guys are already anticipating it. Pathetic and sad on so many levels. You guys are both fucked in the head. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9670
Location: EINDHOVEN
Spacey, stop it. You're continuously picking fights. It's very tiring and completely uninteresting.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
For these two a-holes to turn this tragedy into a gun debate is pathetic bbp. It's just another excuse for them.


edit - for anybody who hasn't particularly liked what I've had to say regarding polititcal debates, or my approach, you might want to consider putting me on ignore now, because I'm going to call out bullshit as I see it. Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 989
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.


BBP wrote:
Spacey, stop it. You're continuously picking fights. It's very tiring and completely uninteresting.



Well stated BBP :)


Spacey , fuck YOU and YOUR pathetic gun bullshit.

This is about people , most likely with families and not about YOU ! :evil:

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
For these two a-holes to turn this tragedy into a gun debate is pathetic bbp. It's just another excuse for them.


edit - for anybody who hasn't particularly liked what I've had to say regarding polititcal debates, or my approach, you might want to consider putting me on ignore now, because I'm going to call out bullshit as I see it. Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.

Your reading way to much into this Spacebro', I didn't read it like that at all. Now is not the time to start in on anyone. Let the facts come to light or your argument will lose it's validity in this instance. Besides BS and jpd have the right to free speech just as much as you do. Maybe start a gun control thread for further discourse, eh? Thanx bro'. :wink:

EDIT: Confirmed; one of the dead is an 8yr. old child. :cry:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3643
Location: Vancouver, BC
downer mydnyte wrote:
Quote:
The cut & paste job or text looks as though it's from a hardcore Keynesian...


It's not a cut and paste job. You wont find that text on the internet. And I'm not a Keynesian.


Image

downer mydnyte wrote:
But I did post that to fuck with you, so...I guess it was successful.


You're changing the goal posts in a dismal attempt to one-up me again. How predictable...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
For everybody who thought going to the gold standard was a brilliant idea...

Quote:
Gold set for worst two-day loss since 1983 -------> http://money.msn.com/business-news/arti ... d=16352974



...suckers!!! :lol: :roll:


The article and yourself conveniently forgot to mention that the price of Gold has drastically increased roughly 80% over the past 10-12 years (especially over the past 4 years). There are always occasional lulls in the markets. And just because it's decreased recently, doesn't mean much considering its overall value has SKY-ROCKETED...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
For these two a-holes to turn this tragedy into a gun debate is pathetic bbp. It's just another excuse for them.


edit - for anybody who hasn't particularly liked what I've had to say regarding polititcal debates, or my approach, you might want to consider putting me on ignore now, because I'm going to call out bullshit as I see it. Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.

Your reading way to much into this Spacebro', I didn't read it like that at all. Now is not the time to start in on anyone. Let the facts come to light or your argument will lose it's validity in this instance. Besides BS and jpd have the right to free speech just as much as you do. Maybe start a gun control thread for further discourse, eh? Thanx bro'. :wink:

EDIT: Confirmed; one of the dead is an 8yr. old child. :cry:



I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment, it was there...this should re-enforce peoples goal for greater gun control, because if not for the restrictions on bomb making materials, anyone with the will to do so would be able to cause far more damage then these bombs.

This smells domestic due to the date, April has always been the month shit happens and it normally is home grown... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment

Are you calling BS and jpd diggers, boy? You in a heap a trouble, boy! Click,.... Click. One last :smoke: ?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9670
Location: EINDHOVEN
jpd was kidding. Tasteless joke, but a joke.
Rijksmuseum has been re-opened to rave reviews.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment

Are you calling BS and jpd diggers, boy? You in a heap a trouble, boy! Click,.... Click. One last :smoke: ?



I like livin on the edge as you know, thats what makes me TMIMITW... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21245
Location: Somewhere in time
BBP wrote:
jpd was kidding. Tasteless joke, but a joke.


Zelfs de koningin van de houten schoenen gemerkt... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9670
Location: EINDHOVEN
Google Translate translates "wooden shoe" literally to "houten schoen". The word for that typically Dutch footwear is klomp (pl. klompen).

The 8-year-old casualty has been identified as Martin Richards.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Fuck those guys and their pathetic gun bullshit.



Spacey , fuck YOU and YOUR pathetic gun bullshit.

This is about people , most likely with families and not about YOU ! :evil:



Coming from a guy who implies that "if I come to his neighborhood, he'll see how many guns fit into my mouth', shows that you are an ignorant hateful buffoon. Do society a favor and see how many of your own guns fit into your own mouth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Regarding the bombing incident, I won't jump to a conclusion that it was a domestic or foriegn terrorist action. Like other similar incidents like this, it may take years for the culprit(s) to be arrested. An example is the Altlanta/abotion clinic bomber Eric Rudloph took a while to find. Same with the unibomber. McVeigh and Terry Nichols were discovered fairly quickly. It took over a year for the first WTC bombing suspects to be arrested.

One thing all of these people do have in common though is that they had/have a fear and hatred towards authority. In most cases, the fear and hatred is driven by religion and/or business interests trying to protect and promote their bottom line.


Whether this terrorist act is deemed to be domestic or foriegn, only time will tell. These cowards will be caught, regardless.



It really sucks that a child is among the casualties.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
I hate to say it but Spacey going way to overboard did not overread the gun dig comment

Are you calling BS and jpd diggers, boy? You in a heap a trouble, boy! Click,.... Click. One last :smoke: ?


BBP wrote:
jpd was kidding. Tasteless joke, but a joke.


It was an inappropriate comment made at an inappropriate time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 382  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Lumpy Gravy and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group