Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 357  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 333
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
tiboudre wrote:
There is a slight difference in that gold was the original basis of the monetary system.



That is true.

The recent sudden drastic drop in gold value last week, the inevitable sell off from people trying to recoup their investment into it with minimal loss, and the sudden jump in value immediately after the sell off is just more money in he pockets of the people who manipulate the markets.

If we look at the oil industry, right now, we are historically drilling baby drilling more than ever. It's even to the point where there's more supply than current demand, yet the costs remain high to the consumer.

The housing market? Same deal. During the bubble last decade, banks were giving everybody low interest loans for property values that were overinflated. Suddenly, the banks jack up their interest rates above what the purchaser's can afford, then the homes get forclosed. Meanwhile, the banks pulled a nice profit on property that people invested tens and even hundreds of thousands of dollars into.


The markets are constantly being manipulated, including gold. I believe it's value is in the process of being over inflated, and the crash last week will be childs play compared to whats in store for those who think it's the way to go.

If people are buying precious metals as investments, they are suckers. If they're buying as savings, they're right on the money. Pun intended.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18103
Location: Somewhere in time
BBP wrote:
I heard something about an explosion at an artificial fertilizer factory in Texas. Artificial fertilizer, H2O2, is very dangerous to make (since H2O is an explosive); when I was at school we went to one such factory in Rotterdam; it exploded two months later. So I'm more surprised that there lived so many people in the neighborhood.


The explosion effected a 50 mile area and hit a 2.5 on the reichter scale for earthquakes, there is a good vidio out there it was a biggy... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12801
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Wasn't the 'bomb' McVie left at the Fed building in OK. made outta the same stuff...fertilizer H202 and ammonia with some kind of detonator? From the pix it looks like an earthquake and fire, coupled with an explosion akin to an atom bomb type mushroom ball of fire, combined to level the place and almost has blown another tank/silo (?) up also. 11 dead and 140 injured so far. Terrible tragedy!

I know from our area that if static electricity sparks in a silo, you have a big explosion from the dust igniting inside. Is that the same case here, that just one tank blew? Anyone know the scientific name or reason for this kind of event. What made it possible :?:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18103
Location: Somewhere in time
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Wasn't the 'bomb' McVie left at the Fed building in OK. made outta the same stuff...fertilizer H202 and ammonia with some kind of detonator? From the pix it looks like an earthquake and fire, coupled with an explosion akin to an atom bomb type mushroom ball of fire, combined to level the place and almost has blown another tank/silo (?) up also. 11 dead and 140 injured so far. Terrible tragedy!

I know from our area that if static electricity sparks in a silo, you have a big explosion from the dust igniting inside. Is that the same case here, that just one tank blew? Anyone know the scientific name or reason for this kind of event. What made it possible :?:



It started with a fire, but you are correct the dust and gases in the silos can ignite, all grain silos are potential bombs... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Apparently, House Republicans want to allow the government to spy on you through the internet and passed a bill that would allow them to do so...

Quote:
CISPA passes House vote, faces Senate and possible veto

...Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, introduced the bill, H.R. 624, for the second time on Feb. 13. In its previous incarnation, CISPA also passed easily in the House, but then died in the Senate, under threat of presidential veto...
...HR 624, as CISPA is now known, passed the House 288-127 Thursday, with most of the opposition Democratic...

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/techn ... technolog/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6181
Location: Your Mom's Box
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Wasn't the 'bomb' McVie left at the Fed building in OK. made outta the same stuff...fertilizer H202 and ammonia with some kind of detonator? From the pix it looks like an earthquake and fire, coupled with an explosion akin to an atom bomb type mushroom ball of fire, combined to level the place and almost has blown another tank/silo (?) up also. 11 dead and 140 injured so far. Terrible tragedy!

I know from our area that if static electricity sparks in a silo, you have a big explosion from the dust igniting inside. Is that the same case here, that just one tank blew? Anyone know the scientific name or reason for this kind of event. What made it possible :?:


Shit fuckin' blew the fuck up!!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18103
Location: Somewhere in time
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Apparently, House Republicans want to allow the government to spy on you through the internet and passed a bill that would allow them to do so...

Quote:
CISPA passes House vote, faces Senate and possible veto

...Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, introduced the bill, H.R. 624, for the second time on Feb. 13. In its previous incarnation, CISPA also passed easily in the House, but then died in the Senate, under threat of presidential veto...
...HR 624, as CISPA is now known, passed the House 288-127 Thursday, with most of the opposition Democratic...

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/techn ... technolog/




They have been doing this for about 8 years now, the NSA has equipment in 13 major hub buildings across the US that captures everything (hard line, internet, cell phone) that crosses the lines and all transmissions will hit one of these hubs at some point (except local hard-line calls in an area outside of a hub).

They also have had the ability through test equipment installed 10 years ago to tap any hard line or internet line, if they choose to through a back door line.

Last year all of the Tap equipment was installed in every mobile phone core building under the guise of test equipment, which it is used for, but it can allow them to tap your mobile phone instantly if they choose to do so. I can disclose this because it already exists in the public record.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12801
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
jaypfunk wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Wasn't the 'bomb' McVie left at the Fed building in OK. made outta the same stuff...fertilizer H202 and ammonia with some kind of detonator? From the pix it looks like an earthquake and fire, coupled with an explosion akin to an atom bomb type mushroom ball of fire, combined to level the place and almost has blown another tank/silo (?) up also. 11 dead and 140 injured so far. Terrible tragedy!

I know from our area that if static electricity sparks in a silo, you have a big explosion from the dust igniting inside. Is that the same case here, that just one tank blew? Anyone know the scientific name or reason for this kind of event. What made it possible :?:


Shit fuckin' blew the fuck up!!

Hahahahahaha! So that's what happened! Thanx JP, that encapsulates it rather nicely, thank you very much bro'! :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2359
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
jaypfunk wrote:
Shit fuckin' blew the fuck up!!

Dammit! Stop being so technical...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 12801
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
They're reporting that a suspect in the Boston bombing is in custody after a few explosions and a chase. It began in Cambridge and moved to Watertown Mass. Sounds big! Sounds sorta like some MIT folks been killed and involved too.
MIT policeman was killed,shot multi times. Bombs thown outta cars at cops.
Second suspect still at large.....
FBI sez it's a possible.....now strong link to Boston Bombers.

EDIT: Suspect in custody dead. One still at large.2:18amPST.

Isn't that Bat's area?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... spect?lite


You've got to hand it to our law enforcement the FBI for doing such a stellar job finding these guys so quickly. It's just a matter of time before the one on the run is caught. Hopefully he doesn't go on a shooting rampage with one of the long-guns that was reported to be in their possession of, that was used in he firefight.


What pisses me off...

Quote:
Tips about the identity of the suspects were still pouring in when the Tsarnaev brothers robbed a 7-Eleven then fatally shot an MIT police officer in his vehicle at 10:20 p.m., law enforcement officials said.


...the fact that these guys were/are heavily armed with guns is unacceptable. I wish the mid-term elections were this week. Most of the Republican party would be voted out of office for failing to support background checks on ALL firearms purchases and transfers, especially to terrorists.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14650
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
They're reporting that a suspect in the Boston bombing is in custody after a few explosions and a chase. It began in Cambridge and moved to Watertown Mass. Sounds big! Sounds sorta like some MIT folks been killed and involved too.
MIT policeman was killed,shot multi times. Bombs thown outta cars at cops.
Second suspect still at large.....
FBI sez it's a possible.....now strong link to Boston Bombers.

EDIT: Suspect in custody dead. One still at large.2:18amPST.

Isn't that Bat's area?


Yeah, Watertown isn't far from where he lives. Maybe 15 or 20 miles.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 8983
Location: EINDHOVEN
Hope he hops on the board and gives a report.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5071
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Did these brothers have any prior criminal history?

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18103
Location: Somewhere in time
Milton Bradley wrote:
Did these brothers have any prior criminal history?



They were refugees from Chechnya which has a Radical Muslim presence and the 4/15 date is some revolutionary date of significance for them, same day of Boston marathon bombing... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The information about them is still coming out. They had/have a cache of guns. Hopefully they catch the last guy before he can harm anybody else with bombs or guns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3309
imo, we will find that the guns these guys have were either obtained legally or on the black market and no NEW gun laws would have prevented it. Living in a free country has it's draw backs , the older terrorist was a mass. golden glove champ. He was very close to boxing in the next Olympics for the US. So you see it is the state of mind not the weapon. We can thank the great cameras and tips the locals gave in identifying these shmucks.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
It's the guns and the lack of laws, and that's not an opinion.

The argument that it's the frame of mind and mental health is just another piss poor excuse from gun industry, their lobbyists, the polititians and the members and supporters who are the enablers of crime and terrorism, and thats not an opinion either.


It's like saying that leaving a child alone in a room with a pedophile won't enable them to do the wrong thing. The "frame of mind" and "crime is commited by criminals" arguments are D.O.A.


The gun issue won't be going away anytime soon, and with 90% support for mandatory background checks, the next couple of elections will be interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 833
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
It's the guns and the lack of laws, and that's not an opinion.




It's like saying that leaving a child alone in a room with a pedophile won't enable them to do the wrong thing. The "frame of mind" and "crime is commited by criminals" arguments are D.O.A.




You seem to state that with such sincerity , it makes me wonder where you got your degree .

I would speculate that more ' learned ' professionals would disagree with you.

:P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The facts are irrefutable -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death


You have no winning argument.


We can keep going back and forth on this argument either on this thread or the other one, take your pick. The facts will always remain exactly the same regardless. :roll:


The laws do work, where implemented. More laws will work even better.


Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 833
Your facts or real ones ?

:?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
There's only one set of facts. -----> States with Higher Gun Ownership and Weak Gun Laws Lead Nation in Gun Death

Anything beyond that aren't facts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5071
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Suspect #2 will probably be apprehended soon. Hopefully they can take him alive to get background on the motive for the attacks.

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3309
If you pay attention to the news you will see that these guys were jihadist, they have about 24 post's on you tube, they radicalised about 3 years ago, the older brother being the leader of the 2 but they profess Islam, osama and death to all infadels i don't think gun laws slow this type down.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3309
to you sb there are differing facts whether you want to agree or not, so you said your piece, enough, others on the forum feel they have to reply to your inanity, I will bet that if you stop, and we all have heard your point, we can move to another topic, but every time you get a notion, you have to make an inflammatory post, someone will reply. like the old saying opinions are like asshole & no one thinks theirs stinks. Problem with you is you are coming from the stance that your opinion is absolute.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279, 280 ... 357  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group