Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284 ... 374  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:54 am 

Exclusive: Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference
When it became clear last fall that the CIA’s now discredited Benghazi talking points were flawed, the White House said repeatedly the documents were put together almost entirely by the intelligence community, but White House documents reviewed by Congress suggest a different story.

ABC News has obtained 12 different versions of the talking points that show they were extensively edited as they evolved from the drafts first written entirely by the CIA to the final version distributed to Congress and to U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice before she appeared on five talk shows the Sunday after that attack.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/exclusive-benghazi-talking-points-underwent-12-revisions-scrubbed-of-terror-references/

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:46 am 

If special prosecutor Ken Starr couldn't get Bill Clinton for the Whitewater land deal bullshit, do you really think they'll get Hillary on anything?
The closest military rescue or help were the F-14's that were on the ground in Italy at least 4 hours away. The GOP's just pointing fingers for the sake of pointing fingers at this administration. This from the party that was on watch on 9/11. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 pm 

Ya this is a non issue, early reporting is always inaccurate, we saw that in Boston...also there were riots related to the film, so that was a reasonable deduction...they got nothing, hell we had President Reagans boy Ollie North running drugs to buy weapons for rebels and they couldn't get anything going there...its a bunch of crap to try and divert attention from congress's inability to get anything done to the republicans not wanting to work with Blacky McBlackman... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:01 pm 

I disagree that this is a ' non-issue '. Plook , this story was being reported on in late October of last year.

We have an administration that used the phony video story for at least two weeks after the fact , including Obama at the UN.
Meanwhile the chump who made this ' scandalous ' video is still in jail. This was a cover up for political gain , ( the election ) and if this was the republican party that this happened to , heads would be rolling. To deny that is simply putting your political head in the sand.

Meanwhile you have the IRS snooping into political waters by auditing organizations that have the words ' tea party ' and ' patriot ' in their organizational wordings. The IRS should not be ' profiling ' anyone , especially when it's a political based adventure.

Who is responsible for both these messes ? If a Republican was in office , the blame would be put squarely on him , To deny that is also selective reasoning. To not blame Obama is sheeple like thinking.

Then add in the gun runs in Mexico . Remember that one that got brushed under the rug ?

So much for a transparent administration. :roll:

This is stuff that happens in communist regimes , not supposedly democratic places like America.

The worst thing about all of this is that the media is in full protection mode for their emperor and have been for the past 4 years.

How much more hypocritical can the Democratic party get ?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:49 pm 

About six percent more hypocritical. That would be about the limit, I would think, if I go with my gut given the information that I have.

Six percent, no more.

Don't fuck with me.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:06 pm 

Six percent ??

I think you're being way too generous. In today's world , this regime could start jailing people that don't agree with them and nobody would give a shit as long as the checks were in the mail for the ' agreeers '. There are no morals anymore and wrong doesn't equal ' not right '. It's a fucking game when an administration hires thousands of workers to spy on those that don't agree with it. Just imagine a tax collecting agency intentionally going after those that disagree with the taxing policies of this country. Will country music fans be the next ones just because they don't like soul and Hip Hop music ?

I don't like either party , but to blame one party for wrong doings and then praise another party for similar offences against it's people is more than hypocritical. It's apathy at it's worst.

Hmm , wonder when my check is gonna get here ? :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm 

There is just nothing there, there is no risk reward benifit, everything was out there... :?

We already know their incompetent idiots that can't say or do the right thing, we have known that for years... :!:

Nothing they have done was the cause of anything but confusion, and no election talk, Romney was done and a dust up like this wasn't going to change that... :idea:

This is the republicans way do do even less in an effort to not work with President Blacky McBlackman... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 pm 

At least 60 US Embassy workers died under President Bush's watch, many of them in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Did the Republicans raise this much hell then?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:12 pm 

Yes that did happen . but unlike Obama , Bush told the truth about what happened and wasn't afraid to call extremists from another country , extremists.

Obama would rather blame it on some stooge. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:12 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Yes that did happen . but unlike Obama , Bush told the truth about what happened and wasn't afraid to call extremists from another country , extremists.

Obama would rather blame it on some stooge. :roll:

One of the things important about history is to remember the true history." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 6, 2008

"I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

''And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it.'' —President George W. Bush, speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

Image a cheap shot from the colonies :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:47 am 

Pope Jim wrote:
At least 60 US Embassy workers died under President Bush's watch, many of them in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. Did the Republicans raise this much hell then?

I think you will find that most of cases you talk of were in fact in Iraq during the war. Not at all the same as an ambassador, on the anniversary of 911 in an election year, lets face it this was covered up because of the pres. election, much the same as Nixon, only in watergate no one died.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:07 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Pope Jim wrote:

I think you will find that most of cases you talk of were in fact in Iraq during the war. Not at all the same as an ambassador, on the anniversary of 911 in an election year, lets face it this was covered up because of the pres. election, much the same as Nixon, only in watergate no one died.

In this world of State secrecy upon secrecy upon secrecy, I just can't get too fired up over the Benghazi thing. Terrible it took place and that people died, but it is small potatoes in the scheme of things.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:29 am 

This is just typical desperation by the paranoid Republicans to create a phoney controversy, all over the change of the word terrorist to extremist in a document. It's a ploy to distract from the improving economy, the fact that the Boston Bombers were caught in less than a weeks time, that Obama got Bin Laden, that jobs are being created instead of lost, the stock market is on a record streak of daily highs, that the housing market is stronger since 2003, that Republicans will never win the minority vote, that Hillary Clinton is an odds on favorite to win in 2016 if she decides to run (the real reason they are trying to smear her now), bitterness that several thousand troops died in Iraq because of the WMD lie and cover-up, bitterness that Bush got caught signing off on torture even though he changed the wording to enhanced interrogation.....and mainly because most Republicans are chauvinistic racist wackos.

Just like the paranoid birthers and the paranoid he's a Muslim crowd, this predictably will be a non-issue, especially if Obama continues his track record of catching those responsible, something Republicans have overwhelmingly prove themselves either incapable of, or unwilling to in order to create fear so they can launch another massive war that will financially benefit their corporate buddies. Same as it ever was....same as it ever was....

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:30 am 

I could agree with that if this was a isolated case.
Unfortunately , this behavior is systematic of this administration .

Ramming through a health care law that nobody read , the cover up of the gun running , the hiring of thousands of IRS workers to specifically profile the ' other side ' , the federal government suing state governments , the definition of a full time worker ( from 40 to 30 hours in a week ) to implement a law nobody wanted , or read , the massive overspending of entitlement programs with the intent to keep people on the government dole in order to insure votes , the backdoor passage of some items of the Dream act , to ensure even more votes , and on and on , can only be defined as ' Chicago ' style politics.

The other problem is the compliance of the lame stream media that will lie just as much as the current administration in order to ' save face '.

I've said it before in this forum. There is nobody in this country that will say anything negative against this administration for the simple fact that they don't want to appear derogatory or racist. Very sad indeed. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:39 am 

...not to mention that he paranoid chauvenistic racist Republicans don't care about the Sandy Hook elementary schoolchildren who were gunned down by "legally purchased" assault weapons.

Regarding Obamacare...if Romney had won, and passed Romneycare, the paranoid chauvenistic racist Republicans would have hard-ons that their guy passed the exact same health care bill with their name stamped on it. They can't stand that the other sides guy is proving to be a successful leader, and especially hate it that he's a minority.

Lets see how the paranoid chauvenistic racist Republicans react when immigration reform comes to the forfront, with support from the tiny handful of non-caucasion Republicans... :wink:

2014 and 2016 are going to be interesting elections. I Republicans lose both, I can almost guarantee we'll see an armed uprising from the paranoid chauvenistic racist Republican wingnuts.

Same as it ever was...

-edited for correction of typos

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Sat May 11, 2013 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:43 am 

pedro2 wrote:
There is nobody in this country that will say anything negative against this administration for the simple fact that they don't want to appear derogatory or racist. Very sad indeed.

?????
Have you ever watched Fox cable or looked at the Drudge Report or listened to Talk Radio!?!?!?

But yea....the consolidation of Presidential power is a baaad thing. Bush got the ball rolling majorly after 911...and Obama has run with it triple speed. Same as a Repub woulda done. Give someone a bit of power and they ain't giving it up easily!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:46 am 

Pedro2, do you talk like that in real life? "Lame stream media", "Chicago-Style Politics"? I thought those were phrases only said by people on cable news.

That being said. Even if everything on your list was true, it seems SB's list outweighs ya on the balance.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:57 am 

It's just more of the same old song and dance...

everybody sing along...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEex1yAW7w

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:55 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Pedro2, do you talk like that in real life? "Lame stream media", "Chicago-Style Politics"? I thought those were phrases only said by people on cable news.

That being said. Even if everything on your list was true, it seems SB's list outweighs ya on the balance.

You must surround yourself with only like minded people, open your ears, as far as SB he is a hack, read the drivel he posts as the final word, like you, making a statement like, republicans don't care how sandy hook kids were shot, the guy should be banned from the forum for his republiklan posts and the fact that his posts go way beyond his ideas, he obviously is a spokesman for some organisation, the gun control debate is so out of touch on his posts, how would you have a conversation with this nut, does he really talk that way in real life, that is repeating articles he finds over and over, and never having a genuine opinion of his own.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 am 

Trying to put words in my mouth again BS? Was that fun?

I've made it clear several times that I don't agree with 100% of SB, so don't pretend otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:16 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

Yes , I do.

Would you like me to dumb it down for your convenience ?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 am 

More of the same? Sure, why not? Anyone who uses the phrase "Chicago-Style Politics" is just trying to convince themselves that their politics is any less corrupt. And "lame stream media", that just fuckin hilarious! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:23 am 

Bush and many Repulicants used ' good ole boy ' politics ,according to many dumdocrats , so I have to wonder why what I posted is so offensive to you ?

As far as the ' lame stream ' media , it has already been determined that there has been more favorable press issued to the current administration , than negative reporting. I would call that ' lame stream ' reporting . What would you call it ? Fair and balanced ? :lol:

Last edited by pedro2 on Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:24 am 

Offensive? Why?
Its hilarious. And like Bush, its dumb. But, why do you say offensive?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:27 am 

If it didn't offend you , why would you even comment on it ?

:?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 278, 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284 ... 374  Next