Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 379  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3223
Location: Between the Badges
Because I know more Republicans than Democrats and I don't think I've ever heard anyone in real life use either of those 2 silly phrases in a serious tone of voice. If anything, people use those phrases with irony or hyperbole, but never as honest vernacular.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 964
Maybe you need to get out more . :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 703
Location: next door
yeah,, what he said,,

_________________
Image
if you knew suzie, like I know suzie, oh, oh, oh what a creamcheese,,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20745
Location: Somewhere in time
Actually every time FOX or Bill O say the media is not reporting on something I change to the other channels and they are! They are not running a continues loop like Fox, hell Fox barely covered the kidnapped girls case due to wall to wall bengazi conspiracy...even MSMBC is covering bengazi and has been, I don't know where these people get off saying other news organizations are not coving certian stories...

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1849
Are we still bashing Obama? He used the IRS to harass the political opposition in the 2012 election.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/IRS-ta ... de=1374D-1

That just ain't right. Well, they blame it one a few "low-level" operatives out of Cincinnati, uh-huh.

The IRS will be the major enforcer of the ObamaCare program.

Lovely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 964
Don't worry , rope.

Just another non issue :wink: :lol:


Plook , Fox was reporting on Begazzi in Oct of last year. Why the sudden interest now from the ' other ' guys and what took em so long ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5776
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
It's all just sour grapes, and that those who hate Obama don't want to talk about the improving economy, creating jobs instead of losing jobs, improving housing market, daily stock market record breaking levels, that he got Bin Laden, got the two Boston Marathon bombers in less than a week, passed the same health care reform that they would've embraced had Romney been elected, ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date, saved the US auto industry, ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards, got the successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job, expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children, immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota, hurricane Sandy and other natural disasters, ended the previous practice of protecting credit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry's predatory practices, oversaw the creation of more jobs in 2010 alone than Bush did in eight years, tax rates for average working families are the lowest since 1950.....and thats not even the short list.

The paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvenistic racist militant Republican party are desperate to create another artificial controversey, just like the birthers and Islamophobiac ploy to paint America's first non-white president as a "he's not one of us"...all because of the change of the word "terrorist" to "extremist" in a document. It's desperation to get a leg up on the 2014 and 2016 elections, and treason as far as I'm concerned.

The paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvenistic racist militant Republican controlled Congress will spend more time and countless amounts of money chasing a non-issue than even passing a single jobs bill. In the end, this will only strenghthen Obama and the Democrats standing for the next two elections. If paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvenistic racist militant Republicans lose the next mid-term election and the following presidential election, I can almost guarantee that they will attempt an armed uprising against the govt. Good luck with that. :wink: :lol:


Same as it ever was....same as it ever was...same as it ever was...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_aUVzVihmw


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 964
There are less people working today since the 70's.
The stock market doesn't do anything for poor people.
The health care law that Romney had is not the same one that Obama has with all the hidden taxes.
Clinton was handed Bin laden and refused to take him.
The housing market is only improving in selective markets , construction workers can tell you this.
The Iraq war was slated to end even before Obummer was elected.
The auto industry has lost jobs in this country along with wages.


The name calling by you is like listening to a 14 year old.

What a brainwashed , tunnel visioned little boy. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5776
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Speaking of paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvenistic racist militant Republicans... :roll:




'Geography of hate' map shows where tweets are hot with hatin' words...
...And when it comes to homophobia and racism, certain parts of the U.S. apparently have disproportionately high levels of hateful tweeting going on about them...

http://now.msn.com/geography-of-hate-ma ... atin-words


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






Regarding the claims that more people were employed in the 1970's than now, I refer you once again to the actual statistics tha proves that to be completely wrong...
here -------> http://www.statista.com/statistics/1923 ... ince-1990/
and here -------> http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNU04000 ... nnual+Data

Pay particular attention to the graph in the second link.



The unemployment rate when:
Nixon left office was 8.5%
Ford left office was 7.7%
Carter left office was 7.1%
When Clinton left office was 4.0%
When GW Bush left office was 9.3%
The current unemployment rate is 7.5% and shrinking.



...yet again, the actual numbers disprove another paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvenistic racist militant Republican fantasy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5776
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
13 Benghazis That Occurred on Bush's Watch Without a Peep from Fox News


January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.


The list above doesn't include the numerous and fatal attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad during the Iraq war.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20745
Location: Somewhere in time
pedro2 wrote:
Don't worry , rope.

Just another non issue :wink: :lol:


Plook , Fox was reporting on Begazzi in Oct of last year. Why the sudden interest now from the ' other ' guys and what took em so long ??



Thats my point everyone reported on this ad nauseam since it happened, now that the time line and official statements were not what some would call "complete", it is a Fox conspiracy...but its a conspiracy with out value, whats the point... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3610
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
Regarding the claims that more people were employed in the 1970's than now, I refer you once again to the actual statistics tha proves that to be completely wrong...
here -------> http://www.statista.com/statistics/1923 ... ince-1990/
and here -------> http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNU04000 ... nnual+Data

Pay particular attention to the graph in the second link.



The unemployment rate when:
Nixon left office was 8.5%
Ford left office was 7.7%
Carter left office was 7.1%
When Clinton left office was 4.0%
When GW Bush left office was 9.3%
The current unemployment rate is 7.5% and shrinking.



...yet again, the actual numbers disprove another paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvenistic racist militant Republican fantasy.


Do you even know how they calculate the Unemployment Rate, dipshit?!

The Employment Rate (aka the Labour Force Participation Rate) in the US is 63.3% - THE lowest it's been since May of 1979! They calculate the Unemployment Rate by dividing the Employment Rate by the amount of unemployed people receiving Government benefits. But the problem is that most unemployed are NOT on Government benefits, so they're NOT counted...and hence the Unemployment Rate is NOT even remotely accurate.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

In Canada, the Employment Rate has NOT been released in 2-3 years but the Unemployment Rate is still released monthly. Do I even need to ask you why they haven't released the Employment Rate for that long?!

They key here is the Employment Rate, not the Unemployment Rate.

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Last edited by Disco Boy on Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20745
Location: Somewhere in time
I travel the country and things are moving along just fine, those who for what ever reason did not make it throw the crash will probably never work in a substantial proffession again, they are cosidered by big companies as unemployable.

They will either have to go local small fry company or low level. That is just the way it is unfortunately.

People have to move on and get with the new normal in small towns like mine, instead of hunkering down in their supposed bunker watching Fox News as they scare the crap out of these nuts with stories of President Blacky McBlackman the musilim from Kenya who is selling the country to the highest bidder, as they spend their precious funds on arming themselves for the up-coming revolution next month.

For christ sake what the fuck... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3610
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dee wrote:
I travel the country and things are moving along just fine, those who for what ever reason did not make it throw the crash will probably never work in a substantial proffession again, they are cosidered by big companies as unemployable.

They will either have to go local small fry company or low level. That is just the way it is unfortunately.

People have to move on and get with the new normal in small towns like mine, instead of hunkering down in their supposed bunker watching Fox News as they scare the crap out of these nuts with stories of President Blacky McBlackman the musilim from Kenya who is selling the country to the highest bidder, as they spend their precious funds on arming themselves for the up-coming revolution next month.

For christ sake what the fuck... :smoke:


Read my previous post in this thread. :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5776
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Tweedle-Dumber almost got one right...almost...but not quite...


There's a lot of information in this graph...
http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat01.htm


I'll focus on one particular stat that the usual peanut gallery refuses to acknowledge and/or admit.

Going into Bush's final year in office, the employment status of the civilian noninstitutional "unemployed" population [Numbers in thousands] jumped from 7,078 to 14,265. For the average lay person, you can see that it doubled. From 2009 to 2010, the rate went from [Numbers in thousands] 14,265 to 14,825, basically Obama's first year in office. In Obama's second year in office, the rates went from [Numbers in thousands] 14,825 to 13,747,or for the average lay person, unemployment dropped a little bit. Since then, the rate went from [Numbers in thousands] 13,747 down to 12,506 unemployed.


Now if you look at Tweedle-dumberfucks and pedro2's numbers going back to 1979, the Civilian labor force percent of population, and look at the non-spin numbers, any idiot can see that the rates rose from 1970 - 2000, where they peaked on Clintons watch (4 years in a row during his second term, when he was getting blowjobs under his desk) to a rate of 67.1% consistantly with population growth (besides the growth in his pants, which is good for him, he deserved it for being the most successful president since before 1942).

What does that mean?

I'll gladly answer that, because obviously, the paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvinistic racist militant Republicans don't want to admit that the economy has been improving under the non-caucasion Liberal, where it collapsed under the caucasion Conservative and handed the freefall off to the non-caucasion guy.


I already know what tweedle-dumberfucks next response will predictably be. This is too easy. You guys have got to put the bong down once in a while.


Do a full historic study of the numbers before you embarass yourselves more...look at the "percent of population" under the "employed" bracket, particularly between 2001 and 2012, then compare that with the previous 60 years.
http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat01.htm


This is mainly directed at tweedle-dumber, but also applies to pedro2 for bringing it up...
Image


My advice to you guys regarding the jobs numbers is...read ALL of the data before you post. It may require putting the bong down for a few minutes. :roll:


Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3568
A rope leash wrote:
Are we still bashing Obama? He used the IRS to harass the political opposition in the 2012 election.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/IRS-ta ... de=1374D-1

That just ain't right. Well, they blame it one a few "low-level" operatives out of Cincinnati, uh-huh.

The IRS will be the major enforcer of the ObamaCare program.

Lovely.


Doubtful. Using the IRS as a political tool will always backfire.
In the scheme of things, it is an excellent development.
Phony non-profits certainly do need to be examined, starting with the Heritage Foundation and any lefty ones you wanna list.
And before we get to the churches they may wanna start with the NFL. Which shockingly is a non-profit!?!?!?!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Eugene, OR
Chauvinistic does not have an 'e' in it. If you're gonna use big, five-dollar words, spell them correctly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9577
Location: EINDHOVEN
Two little brothers, aged 9 and 7, have gone missing in The Netherlands; in spite of major searches by police and large volunteer groups, they still haven't been found. The lads were last seen with their father, whose body was found near a recreational area. He had committed suicide.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5776
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Pope Jim wrote:
Chauvinistic does not have an 'e' in it. If you're gonna use big, five-dollar words, spell them correctly.

Fixed. I also corrected a couple of other typing errors.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4886
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Wow!
A country in which even soccer fans have to ask for permission to speak before celebrating or bemoaning...
Joe's Garage has got nothing on this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22470430

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2583
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Image

Police Say Man Sexually Abused His Peacock
Authorities say abuse of bird connected to indecent solicitation of a child

By BJ Lutz, NBC Chicago
Sunday, May 12, 2013 | Updated 10:33 AM PDT


Image

A man from northwest suburban Roselle, in DuPage County, faces a charge of misdemeanor animal cruelty after police said he sexually abused his pet peacock.

David Beckman, 64, of the 600 block of East Devon Avenue, was charged with the crime after police learned the bird died while they were investigating Beckman about an alleged case of indecent solicitation of a child.

that's just icky

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 20745
Location: Somewhere in time
shit for brains wrote:
Plook wrote:
I travel the country and things are moving along just fine, those who for what ever reason did not make it throw the crash will probably never work in a substantial proffession again, they are cosidered by big companies as unemployable.

They will either have to go local small fry company or low level. That is just the way it is unfortunately.

People have to move on and get with the new normal in small towns like mine, instead of hunkering down in their supposed bunker watching Fox News as they scare the crap out of these nuts with stories of President Blacky McBlackman the musilim from Kenya who is selling the country to the highest bidder, as they spend their precious funds on arming themselves for the up-coming revolution next month.

For christ sake what the fuck... :smoke:


Read my previous post in this thread. :roll:



Didn't read your post, was not responding to you, leave me the fuck alone as I have left you stupid fucker... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3610
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
Tweedle-Dumber almost got one right...almost...but not quite...


There's a lot of information in this graph...
http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat01.htm


I'll focus on one particular stat that the usual peanut gallery refuses to acknowledge and/or admit.

Going into Bush's final year in office, the employment status of the civilian noninstitutional "unemployed" population [Numbers in thousands] jumped from 7,078 to 14,265. For the average lay person, you can see that it doubled. From 2009 to 2010, the rate went from [Numbers in thousands] 14,265 to 14,825, basically Obama's first year in office. In Obama's second year in office, the rates went from [Numbers in thousands] 14,825 to 13,747,or for the average lay person, unemployment dropped a little bit. Since then, the rate went from [Numbers in thousands] 13,747 down to 12,506 unemployed.


Now if you look at Tweedle-dumberfucks and pedro2's numbers going back to 1979, the Civilian labor force percent of population, and look at the non-spin numbers, any idiot can see that the rates rose from 1970 - 2000, where they peaked on Clintons watch (4 years in a row during his second term, when he was getting blowjobs under his desk) to a rate of 67.1% consistantly with population growth (besides the growth in his pants, which is good for him, he deserved it for being the most successful president since before 1942).

What does that mean?

I'll gladly answer that, because obviously, the paranoia stricken homophobic, chauvinistic racist militant Republicans don't want to admit that the economy has been improving under the non-caucasion Liberal, where it collapsed under the caucasion Conservative and handed the freefall off to the non-caucasion guy.


I already know what tweedle-dumberfucks next response will predictably be. This is too easy. You guys have got to put the bong down once in a while.


Do a full historic study of the numbers before you embarass yourselves more...look at the "percent of population" under the "employed" bracket, particularly between 2001 and 2012, then compare that with the previous 60 years.
http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat01.htm


This is mainly directed at tweedle-dumber, but also applies to pedro2 for bringing it up...
Image


My advice to you guys regarding the jobs numbers is...read ALL of the data before you post. It may require putting the bong down for a few minutes. :roll:


Htf does that detract from what I'm stating?! In fact, the link you provided backs up my points. :roll:

ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

Do you even know how they calculate the Unemployment Rate, dipshit?!

The Employment Rate (aka the Labour Force Participation Rate) in the US is 63.3% - THE lowest it's been since May of 1979! They calculate the Unemployment Rate by dividing the Employment Rate by the amount of unemployed people receiving Government benefits. But the problem is that most unemployed are NOT on Government benefits, so they're NOT counted...and hence the Unemployment Rate is NOT even remotely accurate.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

In Canada, the Employment Rate has NOT been released in 2-3 years but the Unemployment Rate is still released monthly. Do I even need to ask you why they haven't released the Employment Rate for that long?!

They key here is the Employment Rate, not the Unemployment Rate.

tweedle-dee wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
tweedle-dee wrote:
I travel the country and things are moving along just fine, those who for what ever reason did not make it throw the crash will probably never work in a substantial proffession again, they are cosidered by big companies as unemployable.

They will either have to go local small fry company or low level. That is just the way it is unfortunately.

People have to move on and get with the new normal in small towns like mine, instead of hunkering down in their supposed bunker watching Fox News as they scare the crap out of these nuts with stories of President Blacky McBlackman the musilim from Kenya who is selling the country to the highest bidder, as they spend their precious funds on arming themselves for the up-coming revolution next month.

For christ sake what the fuck... :smoke:


Read my previous post in this thread. :roll:



Didn't read your post, was not responding to you, leave me the fuck alone as I have left you stupid fucker... :smoke:


Of course you didn't read my post. And that's because a) you'd know I'd correct you and b) you won't admit you're wrong.

And since you have NO spine, you can now bend forward and give yourself a blowjob, you socialist idiot / hypocritical asshole.


Also, today there are nearly 48 million Americans on food stamps, as opposed to 32 million 5 years ago. This = an economy that is NOT improving, you fucking idiots. :roll:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 964
Plook wrote:
I travel the country and things are moving along just fine, those who for what ever reason did not make it throw the crash will probably never work in a substantial proffession again, they are cosidered by big companies as unemployable.

They will either have to go local small fry company or low level. That is just the way it is unfortunately.

People have to move on and get with the new normal in small towns like mine, instead of hunkering down in their supposed bunker watching Fox News as they scare the crap out of these nuts with stories of President Blacky McBlackman the musilim from Kenya who is selling the country to the highest bidder, as they spend their precious funds on arming themselves for the up-coming revolution next month.

For christ sake what the fuck... :smoke:



Plook , I don't travel as much as you do , but I talk to plenty of people around the world in my business. We manufacture Bass & Guitar cabinets for a few of the big boys , and our overseas shipments to music shops have increased from 33% of the business to about 67%. Why ? People in the U S can't afford luxuries like a 1400.00 tube head or a 1000.00 4 10 bottom. But they sure can in Europe , Asia & Australia . Our weakening dollar is hurting us a lot more than you think.
Hours are being cut , overtime is gone , benefits are more expensive , gas and groceries cost more and taxes are higher. Add to that diminished housing values and many people working for sometimes 1/2 of what the were used to .

You're right about some people having to switch their working habits and some people , like those in some unions that have only done one job for years , are screwed. A retraining program is needed in this country , and probably the rest of the world , as well.

But I think you may be wrong about viewers watching Fox and freaking out and running and buying guns for some imaginary revolution that will never happen.

I think many of those viewers just see more of their privacy and rights being chipped away at slowly and looking at the federal government as the problem. Many people are fed up with both parties and don't trust anyone in politics. Who can blame them ? We are nowhere near the strong economical country we were 30 or 40 years ago.

Things may be moving along fine in your trade , but there are an awful lot of people still suffering and the rose colored tint this administration has put on the state of our economy is a disservice to all thinking people. You could almost say that the ones that believe our economy is thriving are also the ones that think that anyone that doesn't like how this country is moving , is a gun toting racist redneck.

Neither of those statements are true . The economy isn't thriving and everyone on the ' wrong ' side is not carrying a gun or a racist.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2358
Quote:
My advice to you guys regarding the jobs numbers is...read ALL of the data before you post.


Links...graphs....words....points....data...

Anything but physical reality for the rubes to dwell upon.

These are frightened men who refuse to realize the ineffable truths and instead dwell upon manipulated numbers and propaganda.

Like poison ivy, we should learn to recognize them. The worst thing for America are the men who don't want you to think for yourself. They hide behind false statistics and use their manipulated data to force you to go along with them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 279, 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285 ... 379  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group