Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287 ... 374  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:04 am 

If they had found oil on Mars, we would be there already....and not only but also the new new new intergalactic pipe line, known as the i pipetm bought to you by NIPPLE (Japanese Apple) would be pumping

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 am 

Extra, extra! Lots of important and outrageous things happened yesterday and didn't get local, regional or national coverage...

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:50 am 

Denmark won Eurovision, Netherlands got a respectable 9th place.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:44 am 

Greece was best!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 am 

The intermission Smorgasbord was the best!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwgcivdWnUA

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:45 pm 

BBP wrote:
Two little brothers, aged 9 and 7, have gone missing in The Netherlands; in spite of major searches by police and large volunteer groups, they still haven't been found. The lads were last seen with their father, whose body was found near a recreational area. He had committed suicide.

After almost two weeks of searching, two bodies were found just outside a drain pipe a few miles from where the father was found. Probably the heavy rain of Saturday flushed them out. Considering some objects in the case were found near the bodies it's assumed that these are the little lads.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:12 am 

BBP wrote:
BBP wrote:
Two little brothers, aged 9 and 7, have gone missing in The Netherlands; in spite of major searches by police and large volunteer groups, they still haven't been found. The lads were last seen with their father, whose body was found near a recreational area. He had committed suicide.

After almost two weeks of searching, two bodies were found just outside a drain pipe a few miles from where the father was found. Probably the heavy rain of Saturday flushed them out. Considering some objects in the case were found near the bodies it's assumed that these are the little lads.

That is just horribly sad.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:53 am 

It's been bringing up the hairs in the back of my neck for days. He strangled his own kids, cute little blonde fellows, with tie down straps! Eek!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 pm 

Driver Impaled By Flying Metal Pipe On I-580 In Livermore

May 22, 2013 11:53 AM

LIVERMORE (CBS SF) — A man was killed in a freak accident on I-580 in Livermore when a metal pipe crashed through his windshield.

Officers responded to the crash near Grant Line road shortly after 8 a.m., and found a Volvo XC70 station wagon in the median.

The 33-year old man was driving west on I-580 when the pipe flew through the windshield, impaling the driver.

CHP officers found the victim and pronounced him dead at the scene.

Officers were trying to determine where the pipe came from.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:22 pm 

May 22nd, 2013 -PERSON DEAD WITHOUT A HEAD CONFIRMED AS BRITISH SOLIDER. TWO SOMALIANS CRITICALLY INJURED.

One man is reported dead and two others injured amid reports of a shooting incident close to the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich, U.K. this afternoon.One witness reported seeing a man beheaded in the street in an attack by two men.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d0f_1369 ... o0QQLQb.99

The Full unedited statement from one of the London Muslim beheaders was
censored and misreported by the British press, including the ITV clip
shown on their channel and all subsequent news networks, including the
Guardian, both which intentionally left out the Beheader justifying his
act by referring to the Quran, the ITV clip intentionally had a voice-over narration from the beginning of the muslims statement where he mentions the Quran in order to justify his actions, and the Guardian completely left it out and left it up in the air as to the motives of the Muslim beheaders. The BBC did not mention it all and simply referred to it as an 'incident.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d4e_1369268286

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:22 pm 

That's some heavy duty shit jpd. So many questions and no one left to answer. I thought our press was bad and bias, but changing and dubbing the attackers words is just plain wrong! If you follow all the links you can get a better idea of what transpired there. Not from the cops or the news.
Friggin' horrible senseless act of violence. But it's ok if "the west" does it in the mid-east. :roll:
Fuck religion! Fuck the mainstream western media! :evil:

Be the media. ~ Jello Biafra 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:53 am 

On a brighter note May 22 is the anniversary of my first date with Mrs.Plook 35 years ago, we saw Todd Rundgren with the Hello People at the Roxy.

Our show was immortalized on the Back to the Bars album which approximately 1/2 of the two album set came from our show.

On side 2 my friend Frank is the “whoop of recognition” and I can be heard calling out “get down Todd” when he was trying to record Cliché on acoustic with a piano accompaniment.

He had to restart the song 3 times. After the second attempt someone yelled “3 strikes and your out”, Todd came back with “3 strikes and your out buddy…” everyone laughed. I called out “get down Todd”, which got a huge laugh and some gal yelled “ignore the asshole”.

The rest is history… :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:38 am 

Congrats

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:41 am 

Plook wrote:
On a brighter note May 22 is the anniversary of my first date with Mrs.Plook 35 years ago, we saw Todd Rundgren with the Hello People at the Roxy.

Our show was immortalized on the Back to the Bars album which approximately 1/2 of the two album set came from our show.

On side 2 my friend Frank is the “whoop of recognition” and I can be heard calling out “get down Todd” when he was trying to record Cliché on acoustic with a piano accompaniment.

He had to restart the song 3 times. After the second attempt someone yelled “3 strikes and your out”, Todd came back with “3 strikes and your out buddy…” everyone laughed. I called out “get down Todd”, which got a huge laugh and some gal yelled “ignore the asshole”.

The rest is history… :smoke:

Nice!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am 

Plook wrote:

The rest is history…

So they ignored you then. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:45 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

The rest is history…

So they ignored you then. :wink: :mrgreen:

Apparently not enough to cut it from the album, the whole exchange was pretty funny… :!:

He had just got done shredding for 3 songs or so with this huge band had to be close to 9 or more and now he is sitting their on a stool with an acoustic guitar and piano trying to get a take of that song for the album and saying “get down” just struck a cord... :idea:

Really got a good laugh, check it out its on the album… :wink:

Side note the Mrs. and I were discussing it and we have to locate the picture we took before we left, we matched perfectly and had not planned on it, we should have seen the sign... :mrgreen:

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 am 

Plook wrote:
Side note the Mrs. and I were discussing it and we have to locate the picture we took before we left, we matched perfectly and had not planned on it, we should have seen the sign... :mrgreen:

I'd love to see that picture! 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:11 pm 

Woolwich attack: Watch shocking video of terrorists charging at police car in attempt to kill WPC
24 May 2013 01:00
The footage obtained by the Daily Mirror reveals how, after beheading the soldier, they hatched a plot to ambush and murder the first police officers to come to his aid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wo ... eo-1907772

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:38 pm 

That's fucked up.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:38 pm 

you mean this whole world is fucked up,,

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:29 pm 

edyrukidng wrote:
you mean this whole world is fucked up,,

Yeah. But that's not exactly breaking news...

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:52 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Woolwich attack: Watch shocking video of terrorists charging at police car in attempt to kill WPC
The footage obtained by the Daily Mirror reveals how, after beheading the soldier, they hatched a plot to ambush and murder the first police officers to come to his aid.

I saw this on a link from your last post and thought these guys aren't hanging around to give up. The one who's voice is dubbed and he's holding a machete in his bloody hands has been a regular at all the anti western, Muslim backed, hate rally's. He converted to Islam a few years ago and has kept getting more radical even though he's a natural born UK citizen. He was only 24 and fighting for his "ancestrial homeland".
The guy's fuckin' nuts and a few of his buddy's are the same way and still spreading the hate. We need to get outta other peoples countries and biz. They fuckin' hate us! This one is home grown, his buddy's aren't. The one I saw on TV was a student from Iraq studying here. All he could say was how proud he was of his dead friend and wished he had the courage to do what we're doing to them in Iraq to us, ad nauseam.
If my family was killed by a drone strike, I guess I'd hate the SOB's that did it too. Apparently I'm not the only one either.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:03 am 

just plain doug wrote:

What I found interesting about this story is that both the main channels in the UK, BBC and ITV, edited out all the comments the murderer made about Allah, the Qur'an and the Islamic background of this deed, whereas the conservative media channels all showed the entire statement and stressed the fact that they were Muslims. I'm not entirely sure whether I find the former's position ethical.
On a different note, I wonder whether the political reaction is not a prime example of electioneering. Cameron cuts short a state visit and returns to London for emergency meetings and a press conference about the, admittedly brutal, murder of one individual. I wonder if somebody else had been run over and beheaded by a plain psychopath whether he would have done the same.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:17 am 

Christopher Lee (91), the actor with the deep deep deep voice, has made a heavy metal album.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:44 am 

Caputh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

What I found interesting about this story is that both the main channels in the UK, BBC and ITV, edited out all the comments the murderer made about Allah, the Qur'an and the Islamic background of this deed, whereas the conservative media channels all showed the entire statement and stressed the fact that they were Muslims. I'm not entirely sure whether I find the former's position ethical.
On a different note, I wonder whether the political reaction is not a prime example of electioneering. Cameron cuts short a state visit and returns to London for emergency meetings and a press conference about the, admittedly brutal, murder of one individual. I wonder if somebody else had been run over and beheaded by a plain psychopath whether he would have done the same.

what are you nuts? These guys did this for their religious reasons that is the point! Sure some psycho can and will do something like this but the reasoning for that is superfluous to this situation. At this time in the world Islamist radicals are spreading their ideology everywhere. Would you rather not have the story reported on completely or just a sanitized so called politically correct version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287 ... 374  Next