Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 373  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm 

Mr GG , it looks like more is on the mind of the private citizen there than higher transportation fares.
It also looks like a clash between the religious right and the ' normal ' people.
Wonder if you could comment on that and give us an insiders view ?

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm 

As the entry says scant public services, high taxes, general increase in cost of living, high and over-billed investments for banal stuff such as World Cup and the Olympics at the expense of good education and health. This is the most socially discrepant country there is. It is an announced time-bomb...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am 

Putin refutes Kraft's Super Bowl ring story

Last Updated: 10:11 AM, June 16, 2013
Posted: 7:01 AM, June 16, 2013

Ring-a-ding-ding!

A spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin refuted New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's claims that the politician stole his Super Bowl ring in 2005, according to CNN.

As previously reported by Page Six, Kraft discussed the ring theft at a Thursday awards gala.

"I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria."I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Kraft says he later tried to get the ring back, but White House officials urged him to consider the ring a gift, with the 4.94-carat bauble representing the "best interest of US-Soviet relations."

Putin's spokesman is telling a different story.

"What Mr. Kraft is saying now is weird," Dmitry Peskov told CNN. "I was standing 20 centimeters away from him and Mr. Putin and saw and heard how Mr. Kraft gave this ring as a gift."

Gift or not, the ring remains in the Kremlin library.

You must be Putin me on...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:14 am 

spacebro wrote:
The gun nuts will just arm themselves with these in retaliation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU
Sad to think that the mass shootings by gun wacko's in the future may likely involve drones.

that fps_russia dude is actually quite entertaining, check out the bacon sundae

... and, as always, hava nice day

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:09 pm 

http://www.altering-perspectives.com/20 ... ibiya_bar2

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundaries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.

According to a report by Arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend.

The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared.

Arclein observes: “At the time uplifted portions of the Mid Atlantic Ridge subsided also including Lyonese and the home islands and land mass around the Azores. Even if that had not happened, this subsidence was amply large enough

This would have produced an orthogonal pressure forcing subsidence to either East or West. Since the ridge between Cuba and Yucatan is the natural point of weakness between the Gulf subsidence basin and the Caribbean subsidence basin, it naturally subsided deeply....

Click the link to read the rest

Pudding
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 am 

schvanzbass wrote:
http://www.altering-perspectives.com/2013/06/giant-pyramids-and-sphinxes-found-in.html#ref=Wibiya_bar2

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundaries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.

According to a report by Arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend.

The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared.

Arclein observes: “At the time uplifted portions of the Mid Atlantic Ridge subsided also including Lyonese and the home islands and land mass around the Azores. Even if that had not happened, this subsidence was amply large enough

This would have produced an orthogonal pressure forcing subsidence to either East or West. Since the ridge between Cuba and Yucatan is the natural point of weakness between the Gulf subsidence basin and the Caribbean subsidence basin, it naturally subsided deeply....

Yes, I remember hearing about this several years ago. They had some unusual sidescan sonar images that looked sort of like a grid pattern.

They were going to follow up on it to see if they could get better images. In the meantime they created a nice 3-d rendering of the site, based on their interpretation of the sonar images.

You kinda get the feeling that maybe they're reading a bit too much into this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 am 

One can only hope it's real.

Pudding
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:39 am 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
schvanzbass wrote:
http://www.altering-perspectives.com/2013/06/giant-pyramids-and-sphinxes-found-in.html#ref=Wibiya_bar2

Yes, I remember hearing about this several years ago. They had some unusual sidescan sonar images that looked sort of like a grid pattern.

They were going to follow up on it to see if they could get better images. In the meantime they created a nice 3-d rendering of the site, based on their interpretation of the sonar images.

You kinda get the feeling that maybe they're reading a bit too much into this?

If those are actual pictures those are man made structures and at that depth would date back well before 10,000 BC when that area may have had a chance to be above water. Major find we all new that there was something to the Lost Civilization stories like Atlantis, since virtually every culture in the world has had stories of a Golden Age that ended in a massive world wide disaster.

Good Stuff, I will look into it and get back to you... :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am 

Plook wrote:
Good Stuff, I will look into it and get back to you...

Oh sure, that's what the Atlantain guys said last time, 10,000 yrs. ago, and we're still waiting on him! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:57 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Good Stuff, I will look into it and get back to you...

Oh sure, that's what the Atlantain guys said last time, 10,000 yrs. ago, and we're still waiting on him! :P

Pope Jim's ark is just about finished, he is almost ready for the next civilisation drowning deluge, which according to Trendy will coincide with what would have been FZs seventieth birthday :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:54 am 

Heard there are two deaths at the Brazil demonstrations... take care, GG...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 pm 

Motörhead cancel shows in Europe
Cancellations come on heels of news of Lemmy's heart trouble

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--mot%C3%B6rhead-cancel-shows-lemmy-diagnosed-with-hematoma

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
Motörhead cancel shows in Europe
Cancellations come on heels of news of Lemmy's heart trouble

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--mot%C3%B6rhead-cancel-shows-lemmy-diagnosed-with-hematoma

Bummer! I'm glad they caught it now instead of reading that's what lead to his demise. I like the comment, "Get well Lemmy you old wanker!" That pretty much sums it up for me too. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm 

Yes and more KC on the way.

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/wilson- ... s-and-xtc/

>You don't.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 pm 

sleeping in a jar wrote:

I wasn't going to mention this, but, since you opened the door, that "Road to Red" release by King Crimson is...

The exact contents are still being finalised but it’s looking like about 20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays.

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=4242

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:28 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am 

In a partisan split decision, with Neo-Conservatives controlling 5 of the 9 seats on the bench, just proved that fascism is alive in America by destroying something as fundamentally important as the voting rights act...

Supreme Court strikes down part of Voting Rights Act

...Civil rights activists called the decision devastating, and a dissenting justice said it amounted to the “demolition” of the law, widely considered the most important piece of civil rights legislation in American history...

...The Voting Rights Act is invoked often. It was used to block more than 1,000 proposed changes to voting laws between 1982 and 2006, according to the Brennan Center for Justice, a public policy institute at New York University.

And last year, the Voting Rights Act was invoked to stop a voter identification law in Texas and a Florida law that eliminated early voting days, which the center said would have made it more difficult for hundreds of thousands of minority voters to cast ballots...

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... rights-act

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am 

I guess I posted the Obama-goes-ZOINKS picture a few hours too early...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am 

Because Obama got elected twice, with sizable majorities, and Senate and Congressional Republicans face the real possibility of losing seats, and even the House, plus the growing numbers of minorities in the USA, this is an effort to create an American version of apartheid. Already within my state, after the Republicans took complete supermajority control and the governorship, in what has been a "blue" state for decades, has gerrymandered themselves into a position that even if they get tens of thousands less of votes, they will win elections. As I've been saying for years, Republicans are fucking Nazi cunts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays.

Kinna like one of those mega Grateful Dead vault releases.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 am 

I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:21 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.

Too bad. It's said he most closely fulfills the artist's intent. (Terry Bozzio is based on Animal, isn't he?)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Too bad. It's said he most closely fulfills the artist's intent. (Terry Bozzio is based on Animal, isn't he?)

Which came first, The Animal or The Bozzio?

This just in.....California's prop 8 has been struck down by the Supreme Court.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Which came first, The Animal or The Bozzio?

The Pickle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 373  Next