Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 373  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 928
Mr GG , it looks like more is on the mind of the private citizen there than higher transportation fares.
It also looks like a clash between the religious right and the ' normal ' people.
Wonder if you could comment on that and give us an insiders view ?

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13682
Location: Billy, the mountain...
As the entry says scant public services, high taxes, general increase in cost of living, high and over-billed investments for banal stuff such as World Cup and the Olympics at the expense of good education and health. This is the most socially discrepant country there is. It is an announced time-bomb...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
Image

Putin refutes Kraft's Super Bowl ring story

Last Updated: 10:11 AM, June 16, 2013
Posted: 7:01 AM, June 16, 2013

Ring-a-ding-ding!

A spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin refuted New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft's claims that the politician stole his Super Bowl ring in 2005, according to CNN.

As previously reported by Page Six, Kraft discussed the ring theft at a Thursday awards gala.

"I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria."I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Image

Kraft says he later tried to get the ring back, but White House officials urged him to consider the ring a gift, with the 4.94-carat bauble representing the "best interest of US-Soviet relations."

Putin's spokesman is telling a different story.

"What Mr. Kraft is saying now is weird," Dmitry Peskov told CNN. "I was standing 20 centimeters away from him and Mr. Putin and saw and heard how Mr. Kraft gave this ring as a gift."

Gift or not, the ring remains in the Kremlin library.

You must be Putin me on...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9582
spacebro wrote:
The gun nuts will just arm themselves with these in retaliation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU
Sad to think that the mass shootings by gun wacko's in the future may likely involve drones.

that fps_russia dude is actually quite entertaining, check out the bacon sundae




... and, as always, hava nice day

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 214
http://www.altering-perspectives.com/20 ... ibiya_bar2

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundaries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.

According to a report by Arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend.

The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared.

Arclein observes: “At the time uplifted portions of the Mid Atlantic Ridge subsided also including Lyonese and the home islands and land mass around the Azores. Even if that had not happened, this subsidence was amply large enough

This would have produced an orthogonal pressure forcing subsidence to either East or West. Since the ridge between Cuba and Yucatan is the natural point of weakness between the Gulf subsidence basin and the Caribbean subsidence basin, it naturally subsided deeply....

Click the link to read the rest

_________________
Image

Pudding
Delicious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
schvanzbass wrote:
http://www.altering-perspectives.com/2013/06/giant-pyramids-and-sphinxes-found-in.html#ref=Wibiya_bar2

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundaries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.

According to a report by Arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend.

The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared.

Arclein observes: “At the time uplifted portions of the Mid Atlantic Ridge subsided also including Lyonese and the home islands and land mass around the Azores. Even if that had not happened, this subsidence was amply large enough

This would have produced an orthogonal pressure forcing subsidence to either East or West. Since the ridge between Cuba and Yucatan is the natural point of weakness between the Gulf subsidence basin and the Caribbean subsidence basin, it naturally subsided deeply....

Click the link to read the rest

Yes, I remember hearing about this several years ago. They had some unusual sidescan sonar images that looked sort of like a grid pattern.

Image

They were going to follow up on it to see if they could get better images. In the meantime they created a nice 3-d rendering of the site, based on their interpretation of the sonar images.

Image

You kinda get the feeling that maybe they're reading a bit too much into this?

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 214
One can only hope it's real.

_________________
Image

Pudding
Delicious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 19821
Location: Somewhere in time
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
schvanzbass wrote:
http://www.altering-perspectives.com/2013/06/giant-pyramids-and-sphinxes-found-in.html#ref=Wibiya_bar2

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundaries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle.

According to a report by Arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend.

The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared.

Arclein observes: “At the time uplifted portions of the Mid Atlantic Ridge subsided also including Lyonese and the home islands and land mass around the Azores. Even if that had not happened, this subsidence was amply large enough

This would have produced an orthogonal pressure forcing subsidence to either East or West. Since the ridge between Cuba and Yucatan is the natural point of weakness between the Gulf subsidence basin and the Caribbean subsidence basin, it naturally subsided deeply....

Click the link to read the rest

Yes, I remember hearing about this several years ago. They had some unusual sidescan sonar images that looked sort of like a grid pattern.

Image

They were going to follow up on it to see if they could get better images. In the meantime they created a nice 3-d rendering of the site, based on their interpretation of the sonar images.

Image

You kinda get the feeling that maybe they're reading a bit too much into this?



If those are actual pictures those are man made structures and at that depth would date back well before 10,000 BC when that area may have had a chance to be above water. Major find we all new that there was something to the Lost Civilization stories like Atlantis, since virtually every culture in the world has had stories of a Golden Age that ended in a massive world wide disaster.

Good Stuff, I will look into it and get back to you... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
Good Stuff, I will look into it and get back to you...

Oh sure, that's what the Atlantain guys said last time, 10,000 yrs. ago, and we're still waiting on him! :P

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8345
Location: Wellington New Zealand
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:
Good Stuff, I will look into it and get back to you...

Oh sure, that's what the Atlantain guys said last time, 10,000 yrs. ago, and we're still waiting on him! :P


Pope Jim's ark is just about finished, he is almost ready for the next civilisation drowning deluge, which according to Trendy will coincide with what would have been FZs seventieth birthday :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:54 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9422
Location: EINDHOVEN
Heard there are two deaths at the Brazil demonstrations... take care, GG...

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5331
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Motörhead cancel shows in Europe
Cancellations come on heels of news of Lemmy's heart trouble

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--mot%C3%B6rhead-cancel-shows-lemmy-diagnosed-with-hematoma

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Milton Bradley wrote:
Motörhead cancel shows in Europe
Cancellations come on heels of news of Lemmy's heart trouble

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/blog--mot%C3%B6rhead-cancel-shows-lemmy-diagnosed-with-hematoma

Bummer! I'm glad they caught it now instead of reading that's what lead to his demise. I like the comment, "Get well Lemmy you old wanker!" That pretty much sums it up for me too. :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 2780
Location: where the dogs roll by
Yes and more KC on the way.


http://www.progrockmag.com/news/wilson- ... s-and-xtc/

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18743
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
sleeping in a jar wrote:

I wasn't going to mention this, but, since you opened the door, that "Road to Red" release by King Crimson is...

The exact contents are still being finalised but it’s looking like about 20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays.

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=4242

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
just plain doug wrote:
20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays

Image

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8345
Location: Wellington New Zealand
MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays

Image


+1
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5714
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
In a partisan split decision, with Neo-Conservatives controlling 5 of the 9 seats on the bench, just proved that fascism is alive in America by destroying something as fundamentally important as the voting rights act...

Supreme Court strikes down part of Voting Rights Act

...Civil rights activists called the decision devastating, and a dissenting justice said it amounted to the “demolition” of the law, widely considered the most important piece of civil rights legislation in American history...

...The Voting Rights Act is invoked often. It was used to block more than 1,000 proposed changes to voting laws between 1982 and 2006, according to the Brennan Center for Justice, a public policy institute at New York University.

And last year, the Voting Rights Act was invoked to stop a voter identification law in Texas and a Florida law that eliminated early voting days, which the center said would have made it more difficult for hundreds of thousands of minority voters to cast ballots...


http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... rights-act


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
I guess I posted the Obama-goes-ZOINKS picture a few hours too early...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5714
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Because Obama got elected twice, with sizable majorities, and Senate and Congressional Republicans face the real possibility of losing seats, and even the House, plus the growing numbers of minorities in the USA, this is an effort to create an American version of apartheid. Already within my state, after the Republicans took complete supermajority control and the governorship, in what has been a "blue" state for decades, has gerrymandered themselves into a position that even if they get tens of thousands less of votes, they will win elections. As I've been saying for years, Republicans are fucking Nazi cunts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:05 pm
Posts: 2780
Location: where the dogs roll by
just plain doug wrote:

20CDs, 1 DVD-A & 2 Blu-Rays.


Kinna like one of those mega Grateful Dead vault releases.

_________________
I can't tell when you're telling the truth.
>I'm not.
How do I know anything you've said to me is...
>You don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8345
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Image

I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18743
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.

Too bad. It's said he most closely fulfills the artist's intent. (Terry Bozzio is based on Animal, isn't he?)

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.

Too bad. It's said he most closely fulfills the artist's intent. (Terry Bozzio is based on Animal, isn't he?)

Which came first, The Animal or The Bozzio?


This just in.....California's prop 8 has been struck down by the Supreme Court.

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13682
Location: Billy, the mountain...
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.

Too bad. It's said he most closely fulfills the artist's intent. (Terry Bozzio is based on Animal, isn't he?)

Which came first, The Animal or The Bozzio?

The Pickle.

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 373  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBP and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group