Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:
I for one am disappointed to report that dispite the constant rumours to the contrary, Animal will not be the guest drummer on the North American leg of ZPZ's 2013 tour.

Too bad. It's said he most closely fulfills the artist's intent. (Terry Bozzio is based on Animal, isn't he?)

Which came first, The Animal or The Bozzio?

The Pickle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:11 pm 

What a weird couple of days. Yesterday the U.S. Supreme Court threw out part of the Voting Rights Act - by a 5-4 vote. And today - also by a 5-4 vote - they affirmed gay marriage as an actual thing states can do if they want.

And in between there, the Texas legislature rammed through a bill that would make it very difficult to get an abortion in one of the most populous states in the U.S.

The pundits aren't going to run out of things to talk about any time soon (as if that was ever a consideration)...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:24 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
What a weird couple of days. Yesterday the U.S. Supreme Court threw out part of the Voting Rights Act - by a 5-4 vote. And today - also by a 5-4 vote - they affirmed gay marriage as an actual thing states can do if they want.

And in between there, the Texas legislature rammed through a bill that would make it very difficult to get an abortion in one of the most populous states in the U.S.

The pundits aren't going to run out of things to talk about any time soon (as if that was ever a consideration)...

lets not forget that Fox News keeps blaiming the IRS scandel on the President, while a IRS manager, an avowed Republican testified last week that the whole thing was his idea with no prompting from anyone higher up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:41 pm 

I didn't see that. Can you provide a link ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm 

Plook wrote:
lets not forget that Fox News keeps blaiming the IRS scandel on the President,

Completely serious question for you, Plook...

What would happen to society/economy/reality if we all stopped watching the news? Would things get worse or better? Is mankind incapable of democracy if we don't have a shit ton of news outlets constantly shaping our fictional realities?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:24 am 

pedro2 wrote:
I didn't see that. Can you provide a link ?

I don't have the link I read in the USA Today when I was taking a shit in Phoenix... :lol: ...it was also reported on the news, I believe it was CNN. Information is importent, you just have to cut through the bullshit. Fox laid down the gauntlet some time ago that they would lean right, no problem except to the exclusion of accurate reporting.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 pm 

Just hang on plook, you are so sure of everything, now you are saying the irs situation is a republican thing? I think you are constipated,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:13 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Just hang on plook, you are so sure of everything, now you are saying the irs situation is a republican thing? I think you are constipated,

The guy testified before congress that he started the program and that he was an avowed republican, just the facts my firiend, I'm a straight shooter... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm 

Looked into it and this is what I have found so far.

http://news.hgoiitax.com/tax-conflicts- ... ve-groups/

This is from some attorney in San Francisco. Somehow it seems unlikely that a Republican would turn on his own party.
That was from June 16th. I haven't seen or read anything that corroborates this story , yet. But I did see this >

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-2 ... rael-.html

What I find interesting is the fact that a few IRS employees have invoked their ' 5th amendment ' rights.

If you have nothing to hide , why try to hide it ?

:?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:57 pm 

pedro2 wrote:

I'd take the 5th too, if any law enforcement agent started asking questions. Anything you say can and will be held against you in court. Believe me anything can also be bent to another's standards. Besides, don't we all have the right to privacy? Wouldn't his fall under that category? Many a cop has tried that "if your not guilty" shit on me. They ain't gettin' nothin' from me. Zip, squat and bumkiss. "Why won't you let me search you and your car if you've nothing to hide?" I've got the right to privacy! And the right to free movement within the states. How high are we supposed to jump when a cop asks us to jump? I take the 5th every time any cop ask me anything.
In cases of "hot persuit" that I've witnessed, I'll try and help for the betterment of society in general. But if I'm the suspect, I take the 5th every time!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Looked into it and this is what I have found so far.

http://news.hgoiitax.com/tax-conflicts- ... ve-groups/

This is from some attorney in San Francisco. Somehow it seems unlikely that a Republican would turn on his own party.
That was from June 16th. I haven't seen or read anything that corroborates this story , yet. But I did see this >

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-2 ... rael-.html

What I find interesting is the fact that a few IRS employees have invoked their ' 5th amendment ' rights.

:?

From your link...

Reuters reports that an IRS manager who is a self-described conservative Republican admitted that he and a colleague were the ones who had initiated the targeting, implying that it wasn't politically motivated.

"He is a conservative Republican working for the IRS," Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said on CNN's "State of the Union" program. "I think this interview and these statements go a long way toward showing that the White House was not involved in this."

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm 

Yep and that's the only thing I've seen. I think that if that story had any relevance , the 1st thing to pop up shouldn't be an ad by a CA attorney. :?

I don't really care who started the ball rolling although I have a pretty good idea . The crime here isn't as much as who started it , but how deep and long lasting it became. Don't give me the crap that even the ACLU and the NCCAP got looked at . They sure as hell weren't turned down in their requests and they sure as hell weren't asked who their members were or how they voted.

This was an organized attempt to try to silence what some in this country might call dissenters.

That's some scary shit right there. Think about it . A government entity , paid by taxpayers , to coerce money from you with the power to silence you or destroy your life at their whim. Couple that with an administration that has openly stated that it wants to rid the country of ' the other side '. Then add in all the brown lipped ' followers ' of the Obama cult .

To try to spin this as a few wildcats here in Cincinnasty gone crazy is just that.
Crazy.

8)

edited for clarification for the race baiters

brown lipped ' followers ' = ass kisser's of Obummer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm 

Plook wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

The guy testified before congress that he started the program and that he was an avowed republican, just the facts my friend, I'm a straight shooter... :smoke:

And you also are not up to date on the subject, you are talking old news that interview was on june 10, the guy should be fired , and will, also you are incorrect he did not start the entire program, just today others involved admitted targeting progressive organisations as well. He says he was involved and you are spinning the interview , it can be seen on the net. Payoffs are going down, but at this point the guy you are talking about is just part of the entire picture, or did this guy ok all money spent on parties and the other waste happening. Boy you just about did an Elvis on the crapper when you heard a rep. could be involved. Plain and simple the obama admin and the irs is his as well as nsa and the rest are more corrupt than Nixon,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:35 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

I'd take the 5th too, if any law enforcement agent started asking questions. Besides, don't we all have the right to privacy? Wouldn't his fall under that category?

Not quite the same category. Through my taxes I pay for the law enforcement agency AND the IRS. The people footing the bill have the same right to find out what's going on as the people in any city or town have the right to know about crooked cops.

Remember , they work for US .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:50 pm 

If only mankind could admit to itself that it doesn't have a fucking clue what is going on.

It's folly. The whole thing. We are making a mess of everything. None of the political answers are even close to being real solutions for real people with real problems. Solutions for a few, sure. Not for the writhing, seething, ready to explode masses. The solutions are selfish, greedy solutions. They wont help the real world.

The real world is rarely in the news. The answers will never come from the media, who is trying to keep you down. The answer can't possibly come from a discussion based on information that we have received from 50 different sources of dubious origin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:33 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Remember , they work for US .

I know that. It's the cops that can't seem to remember! :wink: The IRS works for us also. We can't vote them in or out, but they still work for us. (I wish they'd all quit!) :|

downer mydnyte wrote:
The real world is rarely in the news. The answers will never come from the media, who is trying to keep you down. The answer can't possibly come from a discussion based on information that we have received from 50 different sources of dubious origin.

Agreed, but like anything else, we can glean some idea's as to how to help ourselves, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that media basket either. That's fer sure.

Act locally before you apply it globally. If it doesn't work on a smaller local level, why would any idea work on a bigger problem? If you listen to the media they'll tell you we need big answers to big problems. Bullshit! We need answers that work because they work, not just because there "big" new expensive ideas, from people who never walked the walk or lived the life.

That's just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Yep and that's the only thing I've seen. I think that if that story had any relevance , the 1st thing to pop up shouldn't be an ad by a CA attorney. :?

I don't really care who started the ball rolling although I have a pretty good idea . The crime here isn't as much as who started it , but how deep and long lasting it became. Don't give me the crap that even the ACLU and the NCCAP got looked at . They sure as hell weren't turned down in their requests and they sure as hell weren't asked who their members were or how they voted.

This was an organized attempt to try to silence what some in this country might call dissenters.

That's some scary shit right there. Think about it . A government entity , paid by taxpayers , to coerce money from you with the power to silence you or destroy your life at their whim. Couple that with an administration that has openly stated that it wants to rid the country of ' the other side '. Then add in all the brown lipped ' followers ' of the Obama cult .

To try to spin this as a few wildcats here in Cincinnasty gone crazy is just that.
Crazy.

8)

edited for clarification for the race baiters

brown lipped ' followers ' = ass kisser's of Obummer

hi,
there is this from the LATimes and

a better overview from reuters thru rawstory 10june here

there is this from 'The Hill'

yes, the IRS scandal is hokey, ultra-partisan BS, especially if you calmly consider that the broad majority of tax avoiding yahoos actually did get the okay to not do social welfare - what a 501 (c(4)) is supposed to be - and still get to call it a tax-write-off.
Courtesy of the IRS. Shameful.
So, you're welcome.

Hokey, partisan, nonsensical BS just like the 'Benghazi coverup', or the health care scare or the brown-skin invasion and the drumbeat for the Great Wall of Texas.

There are more serious, actual, pressing concerns in this country. I mean, isn't there supposed to be a whole bunch of orphans that need caring for at the Catholic hospital anyday now, in
Ohio?

or, is it time to restock ammo down at the local Y2K bombshelter?
Again. :roll:

Do I need to say, 'Come outta yer corner, little man. We're not gonna shoot. Unless you do it first.' ?

Last edited by simplex II on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 am 

We're all just along for the ride......

By we I mean me, but your all welcome to come along......whether you want to or not :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:33 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Plook wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

The guy testified before congress that he started the program and that he was an avowed republican, just the facts my friend, I'm a straight shooter... :smoke:

And you also are not up to date on the subject, you are talking old news that interview was on june 10, the guy should be fired , and will, also you are incorrect he did not start the entire program, just today others involved admitted targeting progressive organisations as well. He says he was involved and you are spinning the interview , it can be seen on the net. Payoffs are going down, but at this point the guy you are talking about is just part of the entire picture, or did this guy ok all money spent on parties and the other waste happening. Boy you just about did an Elvis on the crapper when you heard a rep. could be involved. Plain and simple the obama admin and the irs is his as well as nsa and the rest are more corrupt than Nixon,

WASHINGTON — An Internal Revenue Service manager who described himself as a "conservative Republican" told congressional investigators that no one in the agency's Cincinnati office was trying to target tea party organizations for political reasons, according to an interview transcript released Tuesday.

The manager, John Shafer, said he and an employee in his screening unit decided to pull applications for tax-exempt status filed by political groups and send them to managers in Washington. He said they were aware of the controversy over the groups and wanted to ensure they were treated uniformly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:47 am 

Illiterate, rambling defense witness Rachel Jeantel is a victim of brain-damaging mass fluoridation, vaccines and nutrient-depleted foods
Rachel Jeantel is actually a VICTIM of our modern-society society of brain-damaging poisons.

http://www.naturalnews.com/040993_Rachel_Jeantel_brain_damage_aspartame.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 am 

Plook wrote:

WASHINGTON — An Internal Revenue Service manager who described himself as a "conservative Republican" told congressional investigators that no one in the agency's Cincinnati office was trying to target tea party organizations for political reasons, according to an interview transcript released Tuesday.

The manager, John Shafer, said he and an employee in his screening unit decided to pull applications for tax-exempt status filed by political groups and send them to managers in Washington. He said they were aware of the controversy over the groups and wanted to ensure they were treated uniformly.

And you believe that , Plook ?

Ask yourself this . Why would an IRS agent target anybody if they are so fair and balanced ??
Why would 100% of all so called right wing groups be looked into and not any other group ???

Then ask yourself this. How much is a ' conservative Republican " being paid to be a scapegoat for the IRS ??
Who would you pick , if you were heading the IRS ?
A ' conservative Republican ' of course. :wink:

This administration has lied about everything it has put on the table including the Affordable Health Care Law ( we have to pass it to know what's in it ) , Bengazzi , Fast And Furious , The AP scandal , The NSA and everything else.

Believe what you want , I'll believe that the truth from this administration will never come out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Plook wrote:

Ask yourself this . Why would an IRS agent target anybody if they are so fair and balanced ??
Why would 100% of all so called right wing groups be looked into and not any other group ???

Then ask yourself this. How much is a ' conservative Republican " being paid to be a scapegoat for the IRS ??

This administration has lied about everything it has put on the table including the Affordable Health Care Law ( we have to pass it to know what's in it ) , Bengazzi , Fast And Furious , The AP scandal , The NSA and everything else.

Believe what you want , I'll believe that the truth from this administration will never come out.

Because what these Tea Baggers were doing is fraud, they were claiming they were non political, we all know its a lie...tax evasion plain and simple, same as the Progressive groups... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:15 pm 

Measle epidemic here, due to the fact it's not obligated here to have your children vaccinated. Or: Christianity And Its Many Crimes Against Humanity.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:53 pm 

Plook wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
Plook wrote:

Because what these Tea Baggers were doing is fraud, they were claiming they were non political, we all know its a lie...tax evasion plain and simple, same as the Progressive groups... :smoke:

And you know that how ??? Because someone in the bought and paid for media told you that ?

Enlighten us and give us a list of some of those 300+ entities of ' Tea Baggers ' that committed any type of fraud and were called on it.

Come on , Plook , you're way way smarter than that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:34 pm 

pedro2 wrote:

And you know that how ??? Because someone in the bought and paid for media told you that ?

Enlighten us and give us a list of some of those 300+ entities of ' Tea Baggers ' that committed any type of fraud and were called on it.

Come on , Plook , you're way way smarter than that.

What on earth makes you believe that your sources for information are any less bought and sold than his are? Were you actually there when the decisions were made and heard them make them for political reasons? If not, you are just as guilty as anyone else who uses any source of media as a guide. Somehow, only YOU are capable of figuring out which sources are the "honest" ones? Wake up man. They ALL have an agenda.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294 ... 379  Next