Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295 ... 383  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:32 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
Because what these Tea Baggers were doing is fraud, they were claiming they were non political, we all know its a lie...tax evasion plain and simple, same as the Progressive groups... :smoke:

And you know that how ??? Because someone in the bought and paid for media told you that ?

Enlighten us and give us a list of some of those 300+ entities of ' Tea Baggers ' that committed any type of fraud and were called on it.

Come on , Plook , you're way way smarter than that.[/quote]

Hey people cheat on their taxes all the time, it is a game of sorts to try and find ways to increase your return, but they tried to claim exempt as non political group, that is what was being investigated...did these filings meet the requirements for exempt status...what they were doing was committing fraud, whether they got away with it or not is irrelevant.

In what world can you say any Tea Bagger Group is not political, they are 100% political and avowed extension of the Republican Party...they were pulling a fast one that is why they were being checked out.
:smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:20 pm 

political groups get tax exempt status all the time, it's just that in the last 2 years NO conservative group was granted,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:35 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
political groups get tax exempt status all the time, it's just that in the last 2 years NO conservative group was granted,

I heard it in the news, it must be true!!! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 pm 

Just a few ' left ' groups that are tax exempt.

Americans United for Change

The organization exists, according to its own website, “to amplify the progressive message--to contribute to a grass roots groundswell for progressive policies.

Ruckus Society

The Ruckus Society is part of the Occupy Movement

Women’s Action for New Directions

Women’s Action for New Directions (WAND) is another leftist organization funded by George Soros that engages in activity designed to transform politics and America.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ty-Suffers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:26 pm 

simplex II wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
Yep and that's the only thing I've seen. I think that if that story had any relevance , the 1st thing to pop up shouldn't be an ad by a CA attorney. :?

I don't really care who started the ball rolling although I have a pretty good idea . The crime here isn't as much as who started it , but how deep and long lasting it became. Don't give me the crap that even the ACLU and the NCCAP got looked at . They sure as hell weren't turned down in their requests and they sure as hell weren't asked who their members were or how they voted.

This was an organized attempt to try to silence what some in this country might call dissenters.

That's some scary shit right there. Think about it . A government entity , paid by taxpayers , to coerce money from you with the power to silence you or destroy your life at their whim. Couple that with an administration that has openly stated that it wants to rid the country of ' the other side '. Then add in all the brown lipped ' followers ' of the Obama cult .

To try to spin this as a few wildcats here in Cincinnasty gone crazy is just that.
Crazy.

8)

edited for clarification for the race baiters

brown lipped ' followers ' = ass kisser's of Obummer

hi,
there is this from the LATimes and

a better overview from reuters thru rawstory 10june here

there is this from 'The Hill'

yes, the IRS scandal is hokey, ultra-partisan BS, especially if you calmly consider that the broad majority of tax avoiding yahoos actually did get the okay to not do social welfare - what a 501 (c(4)) is supposed to be - and still get to call it a tax-write-off.
Courtesy of the IRS. Shameful.
So, you're welcome.

Hokey, partisan, nonsensical BS just like the 'Benghazi coverup', or the health care scare or the brown-skin invasion and the drumbeat for the Great Wall of Texas.

There are more serious, actual, pressing concerns in this country. I mean, isn't there supposed to be a whole bunch of orphans that need caring for at the Catholic hospital anyday now, in
Ohio?

or, is it time to restock ammo down at the local Y2K bombshelter?
Again. :roll:

Do I need to say, 'Come outta yer corner, little man. We're not gonna shoot. Unless you do it first.' ?

Regarding Bengazi -

Republicans blocked bill for embassy security, but now blame Obama for killings in Benghazi
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... n-Benghazi

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) says he "absolutely" voted to cut funding for embassy security
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/ ... -security/

[GOP vice presidential nominee Paul] Ryan, [Rep. Darrell] Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for diplomatic security positions.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

Regarding the IRS - see links above from simplex II and plook.

Regarding the NSA spying on American citizens -

Ron Paul’s single largest donor (Peter Theil) founded a controversial defense contractor, Palantir Technologies. The company profits from government espionage work for the CIA, the FBI and other agencies, and last year it was caught organizing an illegal spy ring targeting opponents of the US Chamber of Commerce, including journalists, progressive activists and union leaders. (Palantir takes its name from the mystical seeing stones used by characters in Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings to spy on one another.)

According to recently filed FEC disclosure documents, Ron Paul’s Super PAC, Endorse Liberty, has received nearly all of its money from a single source, billionaire Peter Thiel. So far, Thiel has contributed $2.6 million to the Super PAC, providing 76 percent of the its total intake.

Thiel, a self-described libertarian and opponent of democracy [sic] who made his fortune as the founder of PayPal, launched Palantir in 2004 to profit from what the Wall Street Journal described as “the government spy-services marketplace.” The CIA’s venture capital firm, In-Q-Tel, was brought in to back up Thiel as one of Palantir’s first outside investors. Today, Palantir’s valuation is reported to be in the billions.

http://americablog.com/2012/03/ron-paul ... aypal.html

Palantir is a company founded by Peter Thiel — of Paypal and Facebookrenown — that has software which absolutely changes the game with intelligence.

It’s one of the best programs at coordinating the vast databases accumulated by the U.S. intelligence apparatus. It’s already in use in federal domestic security.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2012/08/07 ... ian-state/

Rand Paul Is Hanging Out With Facebook Billionaire Peter Thiel At The GOP Convention

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ron-paul ... z2XaFDZTwm

Peter Thiel Is Ron Paul's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
http://news.yahoo.com/peter-thiel-ron-p ... 55206.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:42 am 

Is that an attempt to try to spin the assault in Bengazzi and blame Republicans ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:18 am 

pedro2 wrote:
Is that an attempt to try to spin the assault in Bengazzi and blame Republicans ?

Don't have to. Embassy and the security necessary, especially for the CIA office next door, doesn't grow on trees.
It costs money.
Budgets are made, or not, by Congress.
Asking the subcommittee that allocates State and Intelligence Departmental expenditures thru a FOIA will take some time, if it's ever granted.
Yes, many overseas operations have been curtailed - and budgets severely drawn back - in areas not having direct involvement with the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq, over the last ten years. Budgets controlled by R's 2000-6, and 2010-now in the House of Representatives.
And if you want to blame Obama for something, since the Arab Spring, in that region, no cohesive plan for American interests in the future has been put forward, either by the Pentagon, the White House, the State Dept or Intelligence services. That they have deigned to tell the public about. You know, the one's the feds are supposed to serve. No call by Congress for beefing up embassy security in the other hot spots like Egypt, Mali, Nigeria, Turkey, except by some, because of the costs and the overall unnecessary budget tightening adventures the party of no is currently enthusing in.

So yeah, no spin. These nice things like security in a war zone, cost money. I have heard Sec's Clinton and Kerry ask for more security and moderates like McCain and Graham demand it. No go, Jose.

You really want to know what CIA spends it's money on?

Didn't think so.

Have a nice day in orphan-city Ohio!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:27 am 

simplex II wrote:

Want to show me the most recent budget that was passed ?

:roll:

Try this one and look at the top spending by this administration >

Total Government Spending
in the United States
Federal, State, and Local
-5yr -1yr Fiscal Year 2013 +1yr +5yr
Government Pensions $1.1 trillion
Government Health Care + $1.5 trillion
Government Education + $0.8 trillion
National Defense + $0.9 trillion
Government Welfare + $0.3 trillion
All Other Spending + $1.6 trillion
Total Government Spending $6.2 trillion
Federal Deficit + $1.0 trillion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:46 am 

pedro2 wrote:

What actually happened in Bangazzi? How do you know for sure? Did you hear about it in the news or were you actually there? It's fun to only believe the news sources that say things you already believe to be true, but it's also fun to believe in Santa Clause.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:33 am 

pedro2 wrote:
simplex II wrote:

Want to show me the most recent budget that was passed ?

:roll:

Try this one and look at the top spending by this administration >

Total Government Spending
in the United States
Federal, State, and Local
-5yr -1yr Fiscal Year 2013 +1yr +5yr
Government Pensions $1.1 trillion
Government Health Care + $1.5 trillion
Government Education + $0.8 trillion
National Defense + $0.9 trillion
Government Welfare + $0.3 trillion
All Other Spending + $1.6 trillion
Total Government Spending $6.2 trillion
Federal Deficit + $1.0 trillion

Pedro, why would you think your media sources are anymore correct/right, than the ones you say aren't to be believed? Wouldn't all media sources be suspect then? It really seems that your picking and choosing which media outlet is correct, simply by what you want to believe and not the facts. They just get in the way.
Like you said before. "I (KK) should stick to my Secret Word thread" because I questioned your choice of what's to be believed and what's not. Do you ever consider that your sources just might be wrong or at the very least only spreading conservative right leaning views in the hopes of discrediting any and all "liberal" sources?
I'm not trying to make you mad, I just noticed that your never willing to compromise and you try and discredit anyone who offers a different point of view or different stats than yours. It sounds like Tea Party diatribe. "We are right they are wrong" which isn't a dialog, it's just a mantra. Just sayin'.

I know,"go back to my secret word thread and stay out of politics". Aren't you from OZ Pedro?
BTW: I'm a conservative liberal. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:54 pm 

OZ ?

Nope and not picking sides either. It's just after almost 10 years of watching the USA's left leaning media trash one side , I just thought it might be refreshing to show some on here an alternate view.

By the way , the numbers I posted before are from this site . You figure out if it's a credible source or not. :wink:

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/breakdown

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:59 pm 

duchamp wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

What actually happened in Bangazzi? How do you know for sure? Did you hear about it in the news or were you actually there? It's fun to only believe the news sources that say things you already believe to be true, but it's also fun to believe in Santa Clause.

I do not all of the story , no. But I do know that a lot of people in this administration are NOT telling what they know.

Do you believe that it happened because of a video ??

If you do , then , I AM Santa Claus :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:16 pm 

There's that same old Republikkklan "it's the media's fault" excuse again. :roll:

Everybody sing along... "Yes We Klan"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEex1yAW7w

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:06 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
There's that same old Republikkklan "it's the media's fault" excuse again. :roll:

It's not so much the media's fault as it's more the fault of brown lipped assholes like you that swallow and feed on their every word.

:twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:09 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
duchamp wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

I do not all of the story , no. But I do know that a lot of people in this administration are NOT telling what they know.

Do you believe that it happened because of a video ??

If you do , then , I AM Santa Claus :mrgreen:

How do you know this? Because you read it somewhere? I agree it is possible, but to claim you KNOW it would suggest you are pretty damn good friends with someone in the government who is part of hiding what they don't know. Are you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:09 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Everybody sing along... "Yes We Klan"...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEex1yAW7w

When Jeantel says ‘cracker,’ it’s a cultural thing; but when Deen says the ‘n’ word, it’s racism

Mike Adams
NaturalNews
June 29, 2013

Are you as fed up with the racism double standard as I am? When defense witness Rachel Jeantel recently testified that use of the term “cracker” wasn’t racist, the liberal media leaped to her defense, saying that anyone who didn’t agree with her simply “didn’t understand her culture.”

But when cookbook author and TV personality Paula Deen admitted using the “n” word some time in the past, suddenly she was branded a racist.

Well gee, using the same logic as the left, maybe progressives just “don’t understand Paula Deen’s culture.”

Because you can’t have it both ways, you see. If it’s racist to utter such derogatory remarks against one skin color, it’s racist to utter them against the other, too. Condemnation can’t be only one-sided and highly selective, otherwise it’s just another form of reverse bigotry.

The term “racism” is losing its meaning due to rampant misuse

What we’re increasingly seeing in society today is the tolerance of racism with one select group coupled with the condemnation of racism against whites only. This is a reversal of the same injustice that was long tolerated in America when blacks were the target of selective racism.

The point is that neither situation is justified.

But there’s also something else that has been creeping into society today: The rampant use of “racism” against anyone who doesn’t agree with Obama or the liberal agenda. The label “racism” has been used to attack people who defend the Second Amendment, for example, even though gun ownership has nothing to do with skin color.

It’s also routinely used to attack anyone who reasonably disagrees with something Obama is doing, such as expanding secret military prisons or creating secret kill lists of Americans to be assassinated or drone-bombed. Thanks to the strongly liberal bias of the mainstream media, anyone who criticizes a policy of Obama (not his skin color, but his POLICIES) is immediately branded a “racist.” (This is nothing more than lazy intellectualism by a media that has nothing truly intelligent to say.)

The net effect of all this is that the term “racist” is beginning to lose all meaning. It is being thrown around as a cheap, desperate attack by people who don’t have any strength to their own positions, so they toss out the racism grenade and hope it explodes in a barrage of verbal shrapnel.

“Racism” is the terror weapon of modern-day language. It’s purpose is to cause mayhem and fear, not to advance a coherence argument or reach an agreement on something.

Thankfully, the racism grenade is increasingly just a dud. More and more people are now recognizing that the “racism” accusation is counterfeit. Because disagreeing with the argument of someone who has dark skin isn’t racism. Or criticizing the actions or speech of a person with dark skin color isn’t racism, either. It’s called a dialogue or a disagreement… or even a debate.

Because if a white person is debating a black person on some topic like abortion, for example, it doesn’t make any sense to say, “The white person cannot challenge the black person’s position because that would be racism.” In fact, it was Martin Luther King who said, precisely, that we should judge people by the “content of their character,” not the color of their skin.

Shockingly, it is increasingly the political left that wants to judge people by the color of their skin. This makes them racists by definition.

Latent racism among whites

Now, of course there is still something I call “latent racism” among some whites, although that percentage is already very, very low and has been shrinking for decades. I remember when I was growing up, I had all sorts of black friends as a kid and also black friends in school. They were some of my best buddies on the high school track team, and the thought of discriminating against someone based on their skin color seemed completely alien to me.

I especially remember the day one classmate named Matt (that’s his real name, I remember this clearly), started telling me “ni%%er jokes” in the school hall. Apparently, he had been told these by his family and he thought they were appropriate to share. I remember feeling very uncomfortable hearing these jokes, and even thinking to myself how racist this guy was.

But that was the only time I heard such racism from classmates. All through high school and college, I never heard anyone else engage in such racist buffoonery. You might argue that’s because I’m not the kind of person who hangs out with racists, and there’s probably some truth to that. It’s possible that more low-wage blue-collar workers might be more racist in their thoughts and their language, but I have no direct experience with that.

The simple truth is that there is a latent level of racism across all races. Jamie Foxx sounds a whole lot like a racist to me when he talks about “shooting whites” and how great that would be. If a white person celebrated the idea of “shooting blacks,” he certainly would not get the applause Jamie Foxx received on Saturday Night Live for making his comment against whites. And that’s the problem, you see: racism is socially acceptable when it comes from blacks while being socially condemned when it comes from whites.

This double standard will, of course, only further drive more racial hatred if it is allowed to continue. That’s why I say we must condemn ALL racism, including racism from blacks and people of any race or skin color.

Why I will be called a racist for condemning racism

I will of course be called a racist for writing this article that calls for social justice and an end to racism — exactly some of the same things Martin Luther King stood for. But that only proves my point: as a white male, I will be labeled a racist for even discussing racism hypocrisy and pointing out inconsistencies and contradictions. That label is counterfeit, though, and I refuse to have my free speech shut down by racial bias and bigotry against whites.

As Natural News readers well know, I am clearly not a racist precisely because I believe skin color is irrelevant. What matters is the coherence of a person’s argument and the principles upon which that argument is based. I’ll hire a bright, well-spoken black man over a dumbed-down, ghetto-talking white low-life every single time. In my life and business, I am truly “color blind” when it comes to exercising discernment with people.

Skin color gets you no preferential treatment here at Natural News. You are wholly judged based on the merit of your ideas and the content of your character, as MLK says.

If agreeing with MLK makes me a racist, then so be it. The “racism” label has become meaningless when pop culture automatically assigns the term to anyone with white skin who happens to open their mouth.

Last edited by Little_Sally on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:09 pm 

It would seem that I DO know more of what's going on since everyone in the current administration has only one answer for the questions coming their way on everything from Fast n Furious to Bengazzi.

Their answer is and always will be ' I Don't Know '.

You don't need to be a genius to see deceit and I'm old and wise enough to smell the smoke and find the fire.

Stay stupid , son , you'll be better off for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:42 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
It would seem that I DO know more of what's going on since everyone in the current administration has only one answer for the questions coming their way on everything from Fast n Furious to Bengazzi.

Their answer is and always will be ' I Don't Know '.

You don't need to be a genius to see deceit and I'm old and wise enough to smell the smoke and find the fire.

Stay stupid , son , you'll be better off for it.

It's cute how you use terms like "son" as an insult, but you are still avoiding my overall question. Unless you are a direct witness, or have friends that are directly involved, then you are using a news source to make your claims. You said that you "know that a lot of people in this administration are NOT telling what they know." You hang out with these guys a lot? You have weekend BBQs together? No? Then you do not "know" for a fact that what you claim is true. You "think" it is, because you choose to believe the news stories that say things that are already in line with what you believe. Is this administration corrupt? I think they probably are, because they are politicians, and I personally "think" almost every news source and politician is corrupt. However, if I were to claim that I "know" they are, I would be lying.

I found one news source that says the current administration has this to say about Bengazz:

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/05/17/o ... ng-idiots/

"They do not all agree on the list of mistakes and it’s important to note that they universally claim that any errors or missteps did not cost lives and reflect “incompetence rather than malice or cover up.” Nonetheless, in the eight months since the attacks, this is the most sweeping and detailed discussion by key players of what might have been done differently.

“We’re portrayed by Republicans as either being lying or idiots,” said one Obama administration official who was part of the Benghazi response. “It’s actually closer to us being idiots.”

I think this is saying more than the "I don't know" you claim they keep saying. Do I trust this source? Do I think that the person who said the quote is honest? I have no idea if it is a trustworthy source. It might be bullshit. I do not know. But unlike you, I am willing to admit it. Notice I intentionally chose an article that makes the administration look bad, so you cannot accuse me of being a follower of this, or any other administration. You accuse others of believing "bought and sold media", pot, meet kettle.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:00 am 

pedro2 wrote:
OZ ?

Nope and not picking sides either. It's just after almost 10 years of watching the USA's left leaning media trash one side , I just thought it might be refreshing to show some on here an alternate view.

By the way , the numbers I posted before are from this site . You figure out if it's a credible source or not. :wink:

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/breakdown

OZ-tralia.
I beg to pardon , your responses are suggestive that you are a sheeple too. If your views were a pendulum the earth would have to shift it's orbit to align with yours. That's just from observations here. I'm not saying who's right or who's wrong....but I Luuuuve you! Sorry, back to the point .Point is you sound isolated from everyday reality or are in a relatively remote place in space and people...And so on and so on and scubby do and do on. Oooh! Sha,sha, we gotsta' live together!

It sounds that you think Fox/right wing/tea party news is the bee's knee's and only source of your news you believe. Sure you can put me and all liberals down and they can do the same back. The least propaganda spewing stations are run by the people. (uh oh, commie/socialists) We decide what's going on in our world by questioning everything with NPR and Democracy Now! You can see how the independents of all tribes are dealing with all the political crap from both sides. The only two sides, which is fucked. I also like to hear news from other countries. You know the one's that hate us? It's better to know the enemy and I think that we are our own worst enemy in this propaganda war abroad and at home. They (the bad guys), use our infighting as winning the propaganda wars.

Besides: Nobody's right, when everybody's wrong. ~ S. Stills. :wink: :|

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:21 am 

KK & Duchamp , you guys seem to be in my neighborhood , age wise , so I have to question who is really in the dark here.

We have seen the so called ' educational system ' in this country fall from being in the top ten in the world to the bottom half in all aspects of learning.
We have seen a middle class desecrated and the poor getting poorer.
We have seen jobs run out of this country.
We have seen union jobs , which use to include almost 45% of the working class , shrink to maybe 11%.
We have seen administrations pass law , without the benefit of congressional debate , but with executive fiat.
We have seen a health care community , once driven by need , now driven by greed.
We have seen the toil of our everyday work turn as meaningless as piss ant work with no chance for advancement.
We have seen special interest groups , no matter how small they are , set precedent for majorities of others.

We have seen all of these things under the guise of ' advancement '.

We have seen a lot of smoke and mirrors and have seen a hungry and stupid population fall for it because of the practices from our government leaders , not for lack of it.

KK , I deal with people around the world every working day , so isolation is not even in my mix. I ask questions and get some terrific information. I can tell you that importing goods to Turkey right now is a very unstable process and the same can be said of Brazil. I can give you a list of at least four major music stores in France that are not accepting products for the next four weeks because of vacations. I speak with these people everyday and listen to them. They don't question everything with NPR or Democracy now. They live life in their countries the same as we do , but they also often see an other side.

Duchamp , anybody with 1/2 a brain could go into a classroom in disarray , ask the students what's going on , receive a ' I Don't Know' answer and realize somebody is lying. It shouldn't be the same with citizens asking their representatives the same questions. We should not be getting the same answers.

When talking points are changed 12 times to accommodate the press , I smell something fishy. When a puppet of the current administration is pushed into the media to tell a lie , I smell a rat. When congress is denied the names of people who were on the ground in Bengazzi , while others plead the 5th , I smell a cover-up.

You're the wise guys here , right ? Why don't you tell me what's happening ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 am 

Is it really so hard to say "duchamp, yer right. Smelling something fishy is pretty much the same as not knowing a damn thing."? Son.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:53 am 

Something smelling fishy is not the same as not knowing a damn thing.

Not knowing a damn thing is not thinking , is it ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 am 

Oh, sure. Let's play Semantics!
You can tell that there might be a fish somewhere. Ta Daaaa!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:27 am 

A couple years ago Jamie Dimon Pres and CEO of JP Morgan-Chase told Congress they could get past a lot of the deficit problems and speculative market problems left over from the great recession with a few well placed government regulations and the removal of a few others in place. But he didn't go much into detail despite a number of Senators like De Mint, ask/telling him to.
Now, no one but no one, can agree how or what exactly to implement.

Meanwhile the bond traders have been ruling the global economic roost for awhile in the west. You may know the bond traders are the ones who drove Greece, Italy, Spain etc. close to default, by buying more and more of their bonds, driving up their respective sovereign bond's interest rates. Making the gov's unable to pay them out, requiring loans from the European Central Bank, Germany, France, IMF etc, which in turn required harsh budgetary compliances: Austerity is the word. And cutting services, extracting penalties from lenders and borrowers, losing equity on real estate are all effects of austerity policies imposed by the EU/ECB and here at home.

These austerity policies are also causing more and more to resort to various forms of nationalism. In Greece it is communists and fascists rising at each other again. In the US the splits all seem to take a more libertarian/general welfare slant. Turkey's deal is different, not like the Arab Spring in nature at all, nor the volatility in Greece or Spain. They're economy was called a pillar of Europe just a few months ago. Turkey's flare up is more like occupy in many ways, in action and sentiment apparently, but they have the added problem of a recent history of military dictatorship and press blackouts and now, that of so many Syrian refugees, as does the whole region. Doctors are leaving that country en masse this week which can only mean REALLY bad news may be just around the corner.

Part of the problem with the bond markets and also with the derivatives market and the hedge markets since the collapse in 2008-9 remains the credit ratings agency themselves. Regulating them so they can't take fees from banks whose holdings they rate would help bring sanity to the whole system. MAtt Taibbi of Rolling Stone has the most complete recent collection of shit they been up to.

But, When Fed Chair Bernenke said a couple weeks ago that he was considering a tapering on *SPAM* and bond buying by the FED - the continued quantitative easing - the bond market freaked out.
They started selling bonds like crazy, getting out of the market all together. The Stock market tanked and has kept dropping.
Here's 20 minutes of Peter Schiff explaining and forecasting the rise of interest rates here. Calling this the pop of the bond market, he expects interest rates to rise and the price of commodities to as well. Unemployment to go up, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBD6eBYYffY

But Schiff's theory rides on the US domestic economy slowing down thru this year and into next with interest rates and prices simulatneously going up.
Which is the future after all. Nobody's got a monopoly at predicting the future. Right?

I blame the corporate business practices. The ones that took off under Reagan. Where the bottom line was always the ultimate arbiter/decider. Everybody had to say they were in it for the money - or the company - to get paid. It was always there before but now was given license to see itself as better than sliced bread. Now everybody doesn't give a damn about each other unless it's a way to make $$. It drives the worst instincts in people.
Now, Cutting rules to save or swindle a buck has always been the great american way, unless your a schmuck. And you know what that is. Now the swindlers are in charge. And there's a few reasons for that.

For starters, Everything's been sold in the name of being blessed by the Amazing Invisible Hand of the Free Market. Education, research science, hospitals, the churches, you name it. It's the bottom line, not even qualifying to save or help human life, foreign or domestic, unless there's a buck in it. Not much is still sacred anymore except the bond markets perversely, and but also, nominally, the small business owner that no one will give credit to. The 'saviour' in name only. Truth is if enough people felt like borrowing from the banks and spent $$ buying stuff from small businesses, many of us could improve our local economies. People do it, but the big stores don't like us to hear about them. And you know, Wal-Mart prosecutes strikers, fire and send them to jail.
Add to this the shifting in how news is sold. New markets opened up to more customers which IS a good thing, but it's no secret FOX&friends use the same tactics that WWF/WWE and Nascar use to rile up the fans. They were the genius ones to convert that kind of fervor to the political spectrum. To realize it doesn't matter what you say to people, so long as the eyeballs stay glued. The shit will sink in apparently and be believed like a religious tract, you just gotta say it iver and over and in lots of different ways, SIMULTANEOUSLY on several media platforms and it will sink in. And they do shamelessly used the partisanry to sell a war and help win elections and create a sub-class of folks who'd rather shoot the president than listen to him.
Somebody's gotta say it.
>to be continued<

Last edited by simplex II on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:43 am 

These are easy...you name the affect and I name the cause...

pedro2 wrote:

We have seen the so called ' educational system ' in this country fall from being in the top ten in the world to the bottom half in all aspects of learning.

Privatization, union busting and cuts to public education funding.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen a middle class desecrated and the poor getting poorer.

Union busting, cheap foreign labor and rising costs by greedy corporations.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen jobs run out of this country.

Union busting, cheap foreign labor.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen union jobs , which use to include almost 45% of the working class , shrink to maybe 11%.

Union busting, cheap foreign labor, cut costs by saving on insurance pension and liabilities, stagnating wages and technology that does the jobs humans used to do.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen administrations pass law , without the benefit of congressional debate , but with executive fiat.

Unproductive Congress: How stalemates became the norm in Washington DC - http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... snhp&pos=2

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen a health care community , once driven by need , now driven by greed.

Privatization.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen the toil of our everyday work turn as meaningless as piss ant work with no chance for advancement.

Cuts in education, privatization, union busting, cheap foreign labor.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen special interest groups , no matter how small they are , set precedent for majorities of others.

No affect here. It's been that way throughout human history for as long as people have been forming communities/nations with leaders. Often with intentions of greed, but sometimes with necessity for survival.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen all of these things under the guise of ' advancement '.

That's the way the game is played.

pedro2 wrote:
We have seen a lot of smoke and mirrors and have seen a hungry and stupid population fall for it because of the practices from our government leaders , not for lack of it.
Not only politicians, but greedy business owners.

pedro2 wrote:
When talking points are changed 12 times to accommodate the press , I smell something fishy. When a puppet of the current administration is pushed into the media to tell a lie , I smell a rat. When congress is denied the names of people who were on the ground in Bengazzi , while others plead the 5th , I smell a cover-up.

Changes in talking points pale in comparison to the defunding of embassy security from the 112th "do nothing congress".

pedro2 wrote:
You're the wise guys here , right? Why don't you tell me what's happening ?

Everybody tells you what's happening, but you don't like the causes and refuse to accept the real causes and who is really responsible.

I have no doubt that your response to me will be hostile and condescending. That's the natural defense mechanism expected from somebody who doesn't want to face the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simplex II hits the nail on the head. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295 ... 383  Next