Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 372  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:29 am 

Situated in the picturesque wine growing Malborough region of the South island of NZ is the Waihopai spy base, part of the world wide listening web.
then these guys
members of a protest group known as Ploughshares snuck in and.....
when they left it looked like this, thats right they broke the world wide listening web.....for a little while...
Inside the giant inflatable balloons are the secret dishs for the secret listening, they have the balloons so that the other spys watching can't see which satillites they are pointing at...

The lads were found guilty of willful damage, but as they only had about twenty bucks between them, and the damage was supposedly not far off a million dollars, it was, as we say in NZ, she'll be right mate and they got off scot free...the government weren't happy but ....nobody gives a fuck about them. :mrgreen:

PS this isn't breaking news (April 2008) but I thought it was quite topical, talking of spys n such
PS the balloons have been listening since 1989!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:01 am 

Never underestimate the change that a small group of people can bring.

Janet resigns as Der Homeland Security chief!

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/12/reute ... ign-today/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:12 pm 

Obama panics, calls Putin after Snowden granted temporary asylum...

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/07/12-5

This is the candidate that promised to protect whistleblowers. The NSA is blackmailing him, if you ask me...

...that, or he's a hypocritical lying suckface.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 pm 

...and check out the comments on the article at the link.

It is a progressive liberal website. They are not liking Mr. Obama very much, and some have buyer's remorse!

ahhhh...comeuppance!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm 

TV Reporter Identifies Pilots Of Plane Crash With Fake Racist Names

By Esther Yu-Hsi Lee on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:00 pm
In a shockingly racist move on Friday, San Francisco news station KTVU misreported the names of the pilots aboard Asiana Flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and killed two girls from China.

They reported that the pilot names were Captain Sum Ting Wong, Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk, and Bang Ding Ow.

An anchor later apologized for the error and laid the blame on an NTSB official who purportedly confirmed the names before the piece went on air. A spokesperson for NTSB told ThinkProgress that they never released any names in this case.

KTVU issued an official apology nearly two hours after the noon newscast. In a statement, Tom Raponi, KTVU/KICU Vice President & General Manager said, “We sincerely regret the error and took immediate action to apologize, both in the newscast where the mistake occurred, as well as on our website and social media sites.”

In a statement, the NTSB now admits they did confirm “Ho Lee Fuk” and other “offensive” names as the pilots, blaming the error on an intern

Here is the video of the KTVU report

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:58 pm 

A real life bad joke. Ho Li Kow! Watt De Phuc! Why I'm shocked I tell ya...shocked! :shock:

I almost thought this should be on the bad joke thread. Sicko funny MTF. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:41 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
A real life bad joke. Ho Li Kow! Watt De Phuc! Why I'm shocked I tell ya...shocked! :shock:

Use Larry King's voice :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:04 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I was about to post it on the Bad Joke thread, but had a feeling I should look here first!
And...anyone who thinks that is "a shockingly racist" joke just wants to be offended. I don't see anything hateful towards asians about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:03 am 

How stupid does a newsreader have to be to actually not hear what he is reading? Then, to have it up in graphics...jeez!

New studies: ‘Conspiracy theorists’ sane; government dupes crazy, hostile...

http://therebel.org/index.php?option=co ... temid=1198

Don'tcha just love science?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:50 am 

A rope leash wrote:
Don'tcha just love science?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 am 

NSA Talking Points On Utah Data Center: We’re Teaming Up With Tech Companies To ‘Protect’ The Internet
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130 ... rnet.shtml

Mike Masnick
Tech Dirt
July 13, 2013

Last year, well before all of the revelations concerning the NSA’s surveillance program, reporter James Bamford, who has a long history of reporting on the NSA’s questionable activities, revealed the details of the NSA’s massive data center in Bluffdale, Utah, which it was building to host all of this information that it’s been hoovering up for years. Michael Morisy, from Muckrock, used a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to get the media talking points that the NSA used upon the groundbreaking of the building. As reported in Bamford’s piece, there had been a “public” groundbreaking, with press there, and Morisy wondered how the NSA framed the building’s purpose when it first discussed it. And, the answer, it appears, was to play down anything having to do with the massive data collection.

The talking points play up the fact that there’s so much data online, but rather than talking about how the NSA is collecting all of it, they say that they’re setting up this operation to help “protect” your data. From everyone… except the NSA, of course.

DISCUSS THE FOR TAKING NATIONAL ACTION TO THE CYBERSECURITY PROBLEMS WE FACE.
US DEPENDENCE ON THE INTERNET PROBABLY GREATER THAN ANY OTHER NATION
NOT JUST MEANS OF COMMUNICATIONS BUT DATA IS THERE As WELL — FINANCIAL DATA, DATA
CYBERSPACE CONTROLS OUR CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE — BANKING, ENERGY, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, UTILITIES
THREAT IS GROWING — INFRASTRUCTURE TARGETTED FOR AND POTENTIALLY FOR DISRUPTION OR DESTRUCTION BY GROWING NUMBER OF AND ACTORS

Notice, also, how when they do discuss looking outbound, rather than just “protecting” networks, they lump it all together:

WE NEED TO USE OUR PARTNERSHIPS BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE GOVERNMENT TO INCREASE OUR KNOWLEDGE AND CAPABILITIES IN CYBERSPACE TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THE THREAT, AND TO BETTER RESPONSE TO IT.

Of course, they leave out that “the threat” is all of us in the public, and how to “better response (sic) to it” is to collect all data everywhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:32 pm 

Cornell West goes off on Obama during Maher debate, GOP panelists defend Obama...

http://12160.info/page/maher-panel-desc ... and-cornel

Bill Maher confronted panelist Cornel West about his criticism of President Obama as a war criminal. West stood by that assertion, and he immediately got into a heated argument with his fellow panelists, one of whom said it would be ludicrous for U.S. presidents to be prosecuted for engaging in things like drone warfare...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 pm 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... y/2514163/

George Zimmerman found not guilty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:08 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
How stupid does a newsreader have to be to actually not hear what he is reading? Then, to have it up in graphics...jeez!

According to reports, the newsreaders name is Sum Dum Fuk.

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:33 pm 

pedro2 wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/13/george-zimmerman-found-not-guilty/2514163/

George Zimmerman found not guilty

They just gave every neighborhood watch guy with a 'tude a licence to threaten and kill any "punk" they see fit. Or one that they have a beef with or one that doesn't "look right" and on and on.
This don't sit right with me. If I had done the same kinda' crap....never-mind,... I wouldn't have, it's inconceivable to me that after the MAN tells you not to do something and you go ahead and do it, and the worst happens, you kill someone over an ass whoopin', your only defending yourself? WTF! SHIT, we'd have all been found guilty to the max!...All except the gun-toting folks here that would have fought it out after exhausting all the peaceful means of settlement...right? Being really far far right, doesn't make it a right-ous "KILL"
Imagine if Tray had a gun too and killed Zimmerman when he flashed his piece? Death penalty fer sure, fer sure!!!
A terrible president has been set by this verdict. I need a gun now more than ever! "LS made a threat your honor then reached behind his back...well judge, he left me no choice otherwise he was gonna kick my ASS, ASS, ASS, and there's your proof he was out to get me on Zappa.com" Imagine that if you will
I still have those emails LS. Ya feel safe now or you gonna be packin' at every DZpZ concert? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:56 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Imagine if Tray had a gun too...

A Spacebrother line, for sure.
My apologies, Kapt., but I've never met Zimmerman, and I've never met Martin, and I didn't witness what happened that night, so I have to accept the jury's verdict. Any other decision would be imposing an emotional guess.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

My apologies, Kapt., but I've never met Zimmerman, and I've never met Martin, and I didn't witness what happened that night, so I have to accept the jury's verdict. Any other decision would be imposing an emotional guess.

No problem Doug, your right of course. I meant only to portray a knee jerk reaction...pretty good job, eh? :mrgreen:
Speculating on "if's" is wrong...thanks for the wake-up bro. :wink:

But...I "accept it" cause I'll have too. I end up staring down the barrel of a gun more than most here in the land of the free...
..and this is why SB's constant harassment tactics losses viewer's interest and doesn't forward the conversation.
Note to SB: It's true SB, once you turn them against you how do you hope to get them back? I can't even make a simple statement about anything to do with guns without sounding like a SB clone/drone! Now do you get why your arguments don't gather many supporters? That is what you want, isn't it SB? We/you and the rest of us should all support each other and a common ground...we are not the enemy, Big Biz and Big Government getting together to use us is bro',... bro' from space that is. 8) :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:37 pm 

Florida mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots
9:16 PM, Jul 12, 2013

(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

CBS Affiliate WETV reports that Circuit Court Judge James Daniel handed down the sentence Friday.

Under Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing requirements Alexander could receive a lesser sentence, even though she has never been in trouble with the law before. Judge Daniel said the law did not allow for extenuating or mitigating circumstances to reduce the sentence below the 20-year minimum.

Her shackles are made of irony

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:33 am 

I believe a few years ago in Florida a black man killed several white guys in self defence and was found not guilty. So i guess unless you want to live in a complete martial law lock down life this is what can happen, I say buy as many blues lps as you can before they are only available at the local library.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:25 am 

We used to have vigilantes in the Netherlands... back in the 17th century. Tsk. Or: How Americans Get A Bad Name In The Rest Of The World.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:37 am 

just plain doug wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

There is nothing wrong with imagining jpd. In this case, there is little more that anyone, jury included can do than try to imagine what happened and try to guess who is telling the truth.
In a case like this, anyone with internet access has much more information than the jury did, in that we have all the information from the trial, plus everything else. Your own reluctance to impose your own guess at a verdict is fine, but to make it into a platitude against opinions is wrong, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:17 am 

I did not follow the media circus surrounding this trial, but I have a question.

Was Zimmerman carrying a concealed weapon? Or was he an obviously armed security guard?

If he was openly carrying a weapon, Trayvon had balls of steel. If you are going to pummel someone, it's a good idea to disarm them first, I always say.

ha ha ha...sum dum fuk!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:22 am 

Obama in secret deal with Muslim Brotherhood?

http://egyptdailynews.com/news%20selling%20Sinai.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:33 am 

This was not a vigilante, for christ sake, and the jury did not guess, if one has had jury duty you know that, this hinged on self defense, and that as pertains to Florida law . Now one can guess about things in life all they want, but the trial was to avoid guessing, further more the local police did not arrest Mr. Z at the time as they saw no crime again as pertains to florida law, it was the mayor 44 days later, making this political, even obama publicly identified with the dead person! That is the point that should be examined, most media are not, can you imagine if you were involved in a situation that involved law enforcement and the fucking president is running his mouth about the adversary? sheeesh these are the things this nation needs to take a serious look at. I think JPD answered this most eloquently .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:23 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
This was not a vigilante, for christ sake, and the jury did not guess, if one has had jury duty you know that, this hinged on self defense, and that as pertains to Florida law . Now one can guess about things in life all they want, but the trial was to avoid guessing, further more the local police did not arrest Mr. Z at the time as they saw no crime again as pertains to florida law, it was the mayor 44 days later, making this political, even obama publicly identified with the dead person! That is the point that should be examined, most media are not, can you imagine if you were involved in a situation that involved law enforcement and the fucking president is running his mouth about the adversary? sheeesh these are the things this nation needs to take a serious look at. I think JPD answered this most eloquently .

What really needs to be examined most is the law itself, imo.

As for JPD's response, well we all have to accept the jury's verdict, but the jury clearly empathized with Zimmerman and shared his perception that people of color are dangerous.

>You don't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 372  Next