Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 374  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:19 am 

Plook wrote:
"George is a Spanish speaking minority with many black family members and friends. He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. One black neighbor recently interviewed said she knew everything in the media was untrue and that she would trust George with her life. Another black neighbor said that George was the only one, black or white, who came and welcomed her to the community, offering any assistance he could provide. Recently, I met two black children George invited to a social event. I asked where they met George. They responded that he was their mentor. They said George visited them routinely, took them places, helped them, and taught them things and that they really loved George. The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

Nobody wants to touch that one since it doesn't fit the preconcived notion of race being a factor... :smoke:

A lot of people touch that one Plook, albeit perhaps not to much of anyone's satisfaction.
As for race, many people seem to be implying that there is one way of looking at race with reference to the trial. Here are several off the top of my head:

1. People who think GZ shot TM because he was black

2. People who think GZ was guilty because he shot someone who was black

3. People who think TM got what he deserved because he was black or wearing a hoodie or whatever

4. People who think that GZ can't be racist because he is not white

5. People who think that the police respond to crimes involving minorities differently than white people of various hues

6. People who think that the court or jurors can or cannot properly run a trial due to their prejudices

Not all racism is the same. Sometimes racist stereotypes are accurate, but that doesn't change the racist nature of the statements. Some racism just results from human bias. We know what the extremes of racism can do. Personally, I don't think GZ shot TM because he's racist. I think he was someone who thought he had the right to take the law into their own hands. He wasn't a policeman, nor did he live up to the expectations of a policeman or even neighborhood watch in that situation imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm 

I think GZ was doing a community service, we have a watch in our neighborhood and it is helpful , but back to GZ he should have waited for the cops they were only 5 minutes out, when he was walking TM got the jump on him and proceeded to get the best of him, GZ got his hand on his gun and shot. Now what if TM also would have had a gun. So everything in this case is academic it was self defence like it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:18 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Hahahaha, you are such a shithead pedro2. You are all bluster and bravado until someone calls you on your shit. Then you call out a bunch of insults and act like its just a misunderstanding. Blowhard.

Exactly who called me on what ??? Misunderstanding of what ? Being called a ' progressive ' is an insult ? Well ,if the shoe fits....

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
See? Your post has nothing to do at all with my post or the topic. See? You just proved my point, as we knew you would.

See what ? I just posted an opinion and it was you two idiots that responded.

Cleon seems to be the most understandable of you three guys and he makes no sense at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 pm 

Contaminated school meal kills 25 Indian children

(Reuters) - At least 25 Indian children died and dozens needed hospital treatment after apparently being poisoned by a school meal, sparking violent protests and angry allegations of blame.

The children aged four to 12 fell ill on Tuesday after consuming a lunch of rice, soybean and lentils in the impoverished eastern state of Bihar.

The school, at Mashrakh village in the district of Chapra, provided free meals under the Mid-Day Meal Scheme, the world's largest school feeding program involving 120 million children.

Medical teams treating the children said they suspected the food had been contaminated with insecticide.

Full story

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 pm 

Riiiiiiiiight, pedro2. Its all just a misunderstanding.
Maybe Ronnys is right about that reading course.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:55 pm 

Plook wrote:
"George is a Spanish speaking minority with many black family members and friends. He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever. One black neighbor recently interviewed said she knew everything in the media was untrue and that she would trust George with her life. Another black neighbor said that George was the only one, black or white, who came and welcomed her to the community, offering any assistance he could provide. Recently, I met two black children George invited to a social event. I asked where they met George. They responded that he was their mentor. They said George visited them routinely, took them places, helped them, and taught them things and that they really loved George. The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

Nobody wants to touch that one since it doesn't fit the preconcived notion of race being a factor... :smoke:

A lot of people touch that one Plook, albeit perhaps not to much of anyone's satisfaction.
As for race, many people seem to be implying that there is one way of looking at race with reference to the trial. Here are several off the top of my head:

1. People who think GZ shot TM because he was black

2. People who think GZ was guilty because he shot someone who was black

3. People who think TM got what he deserved because he was black or wearing a hoodie or whatever

4. People who think that GZ can't be racist because he is not white

5. People who think that the police respond to crimes involving minorities differently than white people of various hues

6. People who think that the court or jurors can or cannot properly run a trial due to their prejudices

Not all racism is the same. Sometimes racist stereotypes are accurate, but that doesn't change the racist nature of the statements. Some racism just results from human bias. We know what the extremes of racism can do. Personally, I don't think GZ shot TM because he's racist. I think he was someone who thought he had the right to take the law into their own hands. He wasn't a policeman, nor did he live up to the expectations of a policeman or even neighborhood watch in that situation imo.

I think the cops do a lot of bad stuff to blacks in a lot of cases, I think that blacks are over prosecuted in a lot of cases, I think mandatory minimums lean heavy against blacks, I think blacks get profiled often, I believe racism is a major issue in this country (probably on both sides), and I thought GZ was guilty of at least manslaughter and should go to jail…but,

1.)I now believe he thought he was following one of the many hoodlums who had been terrorizing the neighborhood for some time.
2.)I now believe Trayvon lost him but snuck up on GZ to kick his ass (and did).
3.)I now believe Trayvon did not know that GZ was a watchman or had a gun until it was to late.

This is why I do not carry a gun I have had encounters with people near my house at night and I do not want to shot anyone, but I want them checked out., I have caught common thieves and a peeping tom…

:smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:03 pm 

I thought my point was pretty clear. But as usual you missed it Pedro. Do you have trouble focusing? Have you ever been diagnosed with ADHD?

From the Mayo site: Signs and symptoms of ADHD may include:

Difficulty paying attention
Frequently daydreaming
Difficulty following through on instructions.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:28 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I thought my point was pretty clear. But as usual you missed it Pedro. Do you have trouble focusing? Have you ever been diagnosed with ADHD?

From the Mayo site: Signs and symptoms of ADHD may include:

Difficulty paying attention
Frequently daydreaming
Difficulty following through on instructions.

This was the convo :

pedro2 wrote:
Meanwhile , blacks are killing other blacks every day.

Chicago Murder Rate Climbs, Four More Killed and Ten Wounded Since Friday
http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/chicago-m ... ce-friday/

Race-Industry Leeches
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/bruce-thor ... leeches-2/

Racism vs. reality
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Black on black crime is Pedro's specialty. It makes him feel all fuzzy inside when he can toss it out like that. If blacks kill blacks it's ok for whites to kill them too. :)

So what's your point ??

All I see is opinion.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:31 pm 

Riiiiiiiiight, pedro2. Its all just a misunderstanding.
Maybe Ronnys is right about that reading course.

Clear it up for me and show me what I thought was a misunderstanding.

Are you really Cleon with a different user name ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:00 pm 

Mij wrote:
Yeah, I agree. Too much Americans covering it.

The folly of human existence didn't begin in America. Quebec is pretty fucked up, too. Been there. I love freezing my ass off. I've also been on the beach in Maine and have seen those fat ugly bastards from Quebec stumbling around drunk in their pathetic g-string bathing suits frightening the children. Horrifying!

Plook wrote:
every one of you would shot the gun guaranteed

How many of us would even be out there with a gun, Plook?

In your scenario, at the very least, this guy was looking for a fight, got his ass kicked, and had to kill a man.

calvin2hikers wrote:
I'll eat Big Macs and watch Honey Boo Boo until I'm a brainless zombie, but I'll be happy, since you went out and had fun.

I have no idea how to take that, but as long as you have the line from The Clash song for your signature I'm going to want to get along with you.

I've never been to any conspiracy website and I don't read those books or follow those documentaries. I base what I post on what I see in the real world. I have no clue or interest about what is being discussed in conspiracy theorist circles. I'm too busy pursuing my own life.

There is a CROWD CONTROL CENTRAL. There is a deliberate dumbing down of people. A media assault intended to render the people ignorant. Why? To make a lot of money. How? Selling unhealthy, unnecessary, addictive (life-long customers!!) garbage to ignorant consumers. And the more these consumers eat crap food with no nutrients, and the more they get strung out on pathetic and shallow entertainment, the dumber they get. The dumber they get the easier to exploit they become. I can see the temptation there. The problem is it's anti-life and it fuels our current madness. They try to hook you when you're a child. That's the real evil. I mean, it's not okay. The ramifications are hideous. All these petty evils on the streets trickle down from the mega evils up in the halls of power. It's the trickle down theory.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:54 pm 

Russian Court Convicts Opposition Leader

By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN
Published: July 18, 2013

KIROV, Russia — Aleksei A. Navalny, a lawyer who became Russia’s most resonant opposition voice by crusading against rampant public corruption and a personal irritant to President Vladimir V. Putin by branding his United Russia political machine as the “party of swindlers and thieves,” was found guilty on Thursday of stealing money from a state-controlled timber company.

The guilty verdict was widely expected. The judge, Sergei Blinov, was reading his decision on Thursday morning and did not immediately announce a sentence. Prosecutors demanded a six-year prison term.

Full story

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:25 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
The folly of human existence didn't begin in America. Quebec is pretty fucked up, too. Been there. I love freezing my ass off. I've also been on the beach in Maine and have seen those fat ugly bastards from Quebec stumbling around drunk in their pathetic g-string bathing suits frightening the children. Horrifying!

Like all Americans are a pub for slim-fast :roll:
I've seen so much worse last time i was in a Shoneys.
Never seen ass so big. Hushband and wife. They had to give them "special" chair.

At least, in Québec, the fear of meeting an armed lunatic drops considerably !
Lucky for us, we don't have a second Amendment for these loonies.
That is fuckep up

Have fun in your heat wave !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:37 am 

pedro2 wrote:

Why should I bother showing you what you don't understand about your own posts? Howz about YOU tell us all what you DO understand. Near as I can tell, you don't even understand the links you post, but who can say since you don't add anything to the links. By posting without comment, you insinuate. I say your insinuations are shitty. You say "show me". Have the strength of your own convictions already.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:40 am 

The paintings that were stolen from the Kunsthal in Rotterdam last year, seven modern artworks by, among others, Monet and Picasso, with a total value of 18 million euros, have probably been burnt.
A sad day for the arts. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:44 am 

How did they get burnt?

Racial asparagus:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 605f5.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:25 am 

Mij wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Like all Americans are a pub for slim-fast :roll:
I've seen so much worse last time i was in a Shoneys.
Never seen ass so big. Hushband and wife. They had to give them "special" chair.

At least, in Québec, the fear of meeting an armed lunatic drops considerably !
Lucky for us, we don't have a second Amendment for these loonies.
That is fuckep up

Have fun in your heat wave !

But you sure need to watch out for that run away train incenerating a whole town... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
But you sure need to watch out for that run away train incenerating a whole town... :smoke:

(Boy, do you make it so easy for me...)

An American train, ran by an American Company, by an American asshole
who took so long to come to the site, and who left a very bad impression,
a not so-sympathic guy who don't give a fuck about 50 deaths as long as
he makes a profit. Let's say his arrogance didn't help his P.R.

We don't really need that kind of Americans.
Wassup ? There's too much of them ? You're exporting them ?
:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:21 pm 

Mij wrote:
Plook wrote:
But you sure need to watch out for that run away train incenerating a whole town...

(Boy, do you make it so easy for me...)

An American train, ran by an American Company, by an American asshole
who took so long to come to the site, and who left a very bad impression,
a not so-sympathic guy who don't give a fuck about 50 deaths as long as
he makes a profit. Let's say his arrogance didn't help his P.R.

We don't really need that kind of Americans.
Wassup ? There's too much of them ? You're exporting them ?

How's that pipeline from Canada to Texas sound to y'all now? On both sides of the border that's an accident waiting to happen. Wherever there's an oilman there's environmental destruction. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:28 pm 

Check out Gasland Part II Kiirk. Plenty of info from the people affected. You don't need to have seen the 1st one 1st. Its running on HBO now. I watched it last week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:42 pm 

Quote:
How did they get burnt?

They were either burnt by the thieves, or the mother of one of the thieves, to destroy evidence: "if we can't sell them, burn them".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:03 pm 

pedro2 wrote:

Why should I bother showing you what you don't understand about your own posts? Howz about YOU tell us all what you DO understand. Near as I can tell, you don't even understand the links you post, but who can say since you don't add anything to the links. By posting without comment, you insinuate. I say your insinuations are shitty. You say "show me". Have the strength of your own convictions already.

You're a piece of work , unfinished , but nevertheless , a real piece.

If I wrote my own fucking post , what the fuck in that post wouldn't I understand ??

I don't need any " strength of your own convictions already " . I post what the fuck I feel and if you can't pick up on it , that's your problem. I say you're a shitty little person that has an problem with older people and you have no respect for other opinions. A young narrow minded chump.

Again , show me what I thought was a misunderstanding ( as if you can read minds ) .

Got the balls to answer it or are you really as pathetic as I think you are ?

Now HOWZ about you just scurry away back in that cocoon you call a life. Brain dead assholes like you just make me tired.

:P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:14 pm 

Oh, I forgot to mention. You ARE Entertaining! Hahahahahaha
Now, stop crying and have an opinion! You not only don't have strength in your convictions, you don't really have any convictions, per your recent posts.
Don't just post some link and act like the link will speak for itself. You posted it! Why? Did you agree with every word? If not, why not? These are questions that people ask, when they give a fuck. You don't, so you don't ask these questions. People who give a fuck find that to be a problem. Now, get yourself together and have another try.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:43 pm 

Check out Gasland Part II Kiirk. Plenty of info from the people affected. You don't need to have seen the 1st one 1st. Its running on HBO now. I watched it last week.

Bummer man, I don't have HBO! Is it available anywhere else? Netflix perhaps? :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 pm 

BBP wrote:
Quote:
How did they get burnt?

They were either burnt by the thieves, or the mother of one of the thieves, to destroy evidence: "if we can't sell them, burn them".

That kind of thinking just burns me up! How dumb iz dat? Whoever thinks like that has no soul, no morality. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:53 pm 

It's stay out of jail thinking. Did they stay out of jail?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 374  Next