Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 370  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Atlanta
jaypfunk wrote:
Just got this from our HR Department. For you idiots, the XXX is the company I work for.



You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The good news is that XXX is committed to providing quality healthcare coverage to you and your dependents and we believe there is great value in the health insurance options that we provide.

Effective 2014, you will only be permitted to opt out of XXX medical coverage if you are covered under your spouse/partners plan or eligible for coverage under your parents plan. You will continue to provide updated proof of coverage to waive participation. All others must enroll in one of XXX’s plan options.

Information on our 2014 healthcare plans will be provided during the benefits meetings held in December.

WTF!!! Seriously. What if there's a person in their early to late 20s not married and no kids and in good health that doesn't want to pay for health care? It should be their fucking choice and not be forced to BUY it. This is fucked up shit.



On the opposite side of the spectrum are people who not only are forced to buy healthcare, but their corporation cuts their hours to avoid having to offer healthcare through work. Many major corporations are doing this. I have a friend who works at a major movie theater chain, and has for about a decade as an assistant manager. A few months back they cut the hours of almost every hourly employee (including my friend) back to 28 hours so they do not have to offer them health insurance. So now, not only does he have to look outside of work to get the health insurance he does not want, but he cannot work enough hours to pay for it.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18803
Location: Somewhere in time
duchamp wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Just got this from our HR Department. For you idiots, the XXX is the company I work for.



You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The good news is that XXX is committed to providing quality healthcare coverage to you and your dependents and we believe there is great value in the health insurance options that we provide.

Effective 2014, you will only be permitted to opt out of XXX medical coverage if you are covered under your spouse/partners plan or eligible for coverage under your parents plan. You will continue to provide updated proof of coverage to waive participation. All others must enroll in one of XXX’s plan options.

Information on our 2014 healthcare plans will be provided during the benefits meetings held in December.

WTF!!! Seriously. What if there's a person in their early to late 20s not married and no kids and in good health that doesn't want to pay for health care? It should be their fucking choice and not be forced to BUY it. This is fucked up shit.



On the opposite side of the spectrum are people who not only are forced to buy healthcare, but their corporation cuts their hours to avoid having to offer healthcare through work. Many major corporations are doing this. I have a friend who works at a major movie theater chain, and has for about a decade as an assistant manager. A few months back they cut the hours of almost every hourly employee (including my friend) back to 28 hours so they do not have to offer them health insurance. So now, not only does he have to look outside of work to get the health insurance he does not want, but he cannot work enough hours to pay for it.



Ya all are watching to much FOX News... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Atlanta
Plook wrote:
duchamp wrote:
jaypfunk wrote:
Just got this from our HR Department. For you idiots, the XXX is the company I work for.



You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The good news is that XXX is committed to providing quality healthcare coverage to you and your dependents and we believe there is great value in the health insurance options that we provide.

Effective 2014, you will only be permitted to opt out of XXX medical coverage if you are covered under your spouse/partners plan or eligible for coverage under your parents plan. You will continue to provide updated proof of coverage to waive participation. All others must enroll in one of XXX’s plan options.

Information on our 2014 healthcare plans will be provided during the benefits meetings held in December.

WTF!!! Seriously. What if there's a person in their early to late 20s not married and no kids and in good health that doesn't want to pay for health care? It should be their fucking choice and not be forced to BUY it. This is fucked up shit.



On the opposite side of the spectrum are people who not only are forced to buy healthcare, but their corporation cuts their hours to avoid having to offer healthcare through work. Many major corporations are doing this. I have a friend who works at a major movie theater chain, and has for about a decade as an assistant manager. A few months back they cut the hours of almost every hourly employee (including my friend) back to 28 hours so they do not have to offer them health insurance. So now, not only does he have to look outside of work to get the health insurance he does not want, but he cannot work enough hours to pay for it.



Ya all are watching to much FOX News... :smoke:


Um, I don't watch TV. I am telling an actual story that happened to a person I know. No clue how you got TV out of that.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3458
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Plook wrote:
I have Swedish socialist insurance and I have $1000 deductible but my insurance is free, my wife's cost in the last year has been mid 6 figures and our share of cost has been below 10 percent, God bless socialism... :smoke:

care to explain that coverage

bump, got an answer?

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Atlanta
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Plook wrote:
I have Swedish socialist insurance and I have $1000 deductible but my insurance is free, my wife's cost in the last year has been mid 6 figures and our share of cost has been below 10 percent, God bless socialism... :smoke:

care to explain that coverage

bump, got an answer?


He gave an answer at the bottom of the last page.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3458
very interesting, prepare to lose that next, october.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3458
those insured from another country might want to read this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 6854,d.cGE

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6207
Location: Your Mom's Box
duchamp wrote:
Plook wrote:
duchamp wrote:

On the opposite side of the spectrum are people who not only are forced to buy healthcare, but their corporation cuts their hours to avoid having to offer healthcare through work. Many major corporations are doing this. I have a friend who works at a major movie theater chain, and has for about a decade as an assistant manager. A few months back they cut the hours of almost every hourly employee (including my friend) back to 28 hours so they do not have to offer them health insurance. So now, not only does he have to look outside of work to get the health insurance he does not want, but he cannot work enough hours to pay for it.



Ya all are watching to much FOX News... :smoke:


Um, I don't watch TV. I am telling an actual story that happened to a person I know. No clue how you got TV out of that.


To blame Bush or Fox News is the typical Lib cunt response for everything. It's pathetic!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18803
Location: Somewhere in time
duchamp wrote:
You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Um, I don't watch TV. I am telling an actual story that happened to a person I know. No clue how you got TV out of that.


I should have said right wing driven Propaganda driven by the media (in all it's forms), but what the hell under reporting and misinformation seems to be the norm when it comes to ACA...ya all are going to be very surprised how good this thing is when the dust settles, it will be one of the best things that ever happened to the country, hell President Obama may end up on Mount Rushmoore if he wins the war against the Blacky McBlackman haters... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6207
Location: Your Mom's Box
Plook wrote:
duchamp wrote:
You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Um, I don't watch TV. I am telling an actual story that happened to a person I know. No clue how you got TV out of that.


I should have said right wing driven Propaganda driven by the media (in all it's forms), but what the hell under reporting and misinformation seems to be the norm when it comes to ACA...ya all are going to be very surprised how good this thing is when the dust settles, it will be one of the best things that ever happened to the country, hell President Obama may end up on Mount Rushmoore if he wins the war against the Blacky McBlackman haters... :smoke:


OK Nostradumbass!!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6207
Location: Your Mom's Box
oh and yeah right idiot... disagree with Obama and it makes you racist. pathetic!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 737
Location: Atlanta
Plook wrote:
duchamp wrote:
You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Um, I don't watch TV. I am telling an actual story that happened to a person I know. No clue how you got TV out of that.


I should have said right wing driven Propaganda driven by the media (in all it's forms), but what the hell under reporting and misinformation seems to be the norm when it comes to ACA...ya all are going to be very surprised how good this thing is when the dust settles, it will be one of the best things that ever happened to the country, hell President Obama may end up on Mount Rushmoore if he wins the war against the Blacky McBlackman haters... :smoke:


I agree that it might be possible that the new plan could be an improvement for SOME people, but how can it be better for a person to only be able to work 28 hours a week? Any company that has more than 50 employees has to offer insurance to employees that work more than 29 hours, all they have to do to avoid that extra insurance cost is slash hours. So yes, my friend may have a much better opportunity to get insurance, but how does he pay for it working 12 hours less EVERY week? More importantly, how does he continue to pay his OTHER bills? So yes, the program may help with insurance, but corporations will choose to cut costs by under-working their staff.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... -obamacare

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6207
Location: Your Mom's Box
Image

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18803
Location: Somewhere in time
duchamp wrote:
Plook wrote:
duchamp wrote:
You continue to hear a lot in the media about changes coming to health insurance coverage, brought by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Um, I don't watch TV. I am telling an actual story that happened to a person I know. No clue how you got TV out of that.


I should have said right wing driven Propaganda driven by the media (in all it's forms), but what the hell under reporting and misinformation seems to be the norm when it comes to ACA...ya all are going to be very surprised how good this thing is when the dust settles, it will be one of the best things that ever happened to the country, hell President Obama may end up on Mount Rushmoore if he wins the war against the Blacky McBlackman haters... :smoke:


I agree that it might be possible that the new plan could be an improvement for SOME people, but how can it be better for a person to only be able to work 28 hours a week? Any company that has more than 50 employees has to offer insurance to employees that work more than 29 hours, all they have to do to avoid that extra insurance cost is slash hours. So yes, my friend may have a much better opportunity to get insurance, but how does he pay for it working 12 hours less EVERY week? More importantly, how does he continue to pay his OTHER bills? So yes, the program may help with insurance, but corporations will choose to cut costs by under-working their staff.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... -obamacare



Once it gets set straight that crap will stop and in fact once everyone is getting insured and prices drop, those companies that were selfish pricks will be exposed and they will not be able to add hours and insure people fast enough... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 912
I wouldn't blame the insurance companies ( since the government just became one ) as much as I would the out of control health care costs . Do you really need to pay 22.00 for two aspirin ?? Oh that's right , a union nurse gave it to ya.

I've always found that those on the left seem to think tossing more money at a problem will fix things and those on the right want to get their money's worth and save a buck or two.

After watching the war on poverty ( same poverty rate as when LBJ began his ' Great Society ' ) and the war on drugs ( more people in jail for pot ) and the war on cancer ( people may be living longer WITH cancer ) , I have to go with the right's thinking.

Give us more bang for our buck , not more bucks for your bank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3503
Location: Vancouver, BC
pedro2 wrote:
I wouldn't blame the insurance companies ( since the government just became one ) as much as I would the out of control health care costs . Do you really need to pay 22.00 for two aspirin ?? Oh that's right , a union nurse gave it to ya.

I've always found that those on the left seem to think tossing more money at a problem will fix things and those on the right want to get their money's worth and save a buck or two.

After watching the war on poverty ( same poverty rate as when LBJ began his ' Great Society ' ) and the war on drugs ( more people in jail for pot ) and the war on cancer ( people may be living longer WITH cancer ) , I have to go with the right's thinking.

Give us more bang for our buck , not more bucks for your bank.


BINGO!

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3516
DOUCHE!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3458
for you Plook the CBO released , months ago mind you, the 6 year projection of obama care coverage, at that time 29 MILLION will still be uninsured, that is also what the obama admin won't tell you as it won't translate into votes, period.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 703
Location: next door
my first distaste for insurance companies came when some shine rear ended my car, and the company wouldn't pay damages because they didn't have uninsured motorist before mandated coverage in the early 70's,, so I lost money after paying into what I thought was protection,,

so now I view all insurance contracts with skepticism,, especially "MANDATED",,

besides, despite all that stats, and number cooked figures, and bullshit that goes into the calculation of my premium, no one can prove that EDYRUKIDNG is ever going to be a casualty to benefit from the "crap shoot",, therefore,, it should not be mandated, or forced upon anyone, at any time, ever,,,,

John Roberts is the Obama of the Supreme Court,,

both are assholes,,

_________________
Image
if you knew suzie, like I know suzie, oh, oh, oh what a creamcheese,,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3458
I agree with that!!!!!!!

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18803
Location: Somewhere in time
This model has already been proven to work, when allowed to, in Massachusetts, it has been in place 7 years and they have 92% coverage and rates dropped dramatically...give it time it has been barely out a month. For those of you who claim the lack of metrics on ACA, I can tell you as a person who's business has so many metrics it will make your head spin, you can notproduce reliable numbers for at least 3 months after the start of a project. Early numbers skew and always turn out to wrong, you cannot get a good metric view until you have about a years worth of data.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4697
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
The bottom line appears to be...
Some people don't like paying for other people's illnesses and/or bad decisions and only want to pay when they get ill. Other people think that paying for other peoples' illnesses will mean that when they get ill, somebody will pay for their illness.
But perhaps that's all an ill wind that blows nobody any good :?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 912
The big difference between Mass and the rest of the USA is this.
The voters of Mass actually voted for it.
I'm sure if it was forced upon them , it would be a different story.

Nobody likes to be forced to do anything and having some bureaucrat tell me my health ins surance , that I've had for 25 yrs , is substandard , is over the top.

Who are they to tell me what I can or cannot have ??
After all , don't most women agree that the gov't shouldn't be able to tell them what they can do or not do with their own body ?

Go figure :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9249
Location: EINDHOVEN
Current situation in Dutch health care is we're all forced to get medical insurance. If you don't you'll get fined by the time you get an insurance.
So most people who aren't covered, mainly singles and students, will not get coverage unless they have to.

Can't blame 'em.

Meh, government does something you didn't get to vote for. Boo fucking hoo. You know what you get when you get people voting for everything? You get a bankrupt California situation. What would you get if people voted against Obamacare? Continued situation of the current policy that already got spoofed nastily in the Simpsons fifteen years ago? 's That what you want, so Michael Moore can make a Sicko II?

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 912
Hmm , so your government is the better one because the Simpson's spoofed ours ??

Really ??


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 370  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Quilt and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group