Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 358  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Orange County Ca.
A loud steady moan can be heard coming from Liverpool and Windsor as DZ resets all the point totals at DZW. It is a glorious day! Ha! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Orange County Ca.
It'll never work. :o

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... een-light/

Plook and Kirk are purple, I'm Orange.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18109
Location: Somewhere in time
coevad wrote:
It'll never work. :o

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... een-light/

Plook and Kirk are purple, I'm Orange.



The Moorons in my small town are trying to join the State of Jefferson shism. They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 1968
Plook wrote:
They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states


No they don't. It's pretense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Orange County Ca.
^ They just might. Remember, they're the common clay of the earth. You know - morons. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Posts: 703
Location: next door
Plook wrote:
The Moorons in my small town are trying to join the State of Jefferson shism. They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states... :smoke:




sounds like an old notion to me, in 1973, I remember in basic training at Alameda, ( bay area ), the locals were talking about a split of North and South California, to me it made sense since the two seem demographically different anyway, it happened in the Dakotas, and Carolinas,,,,

_________________
Image
if you knew suzie, like I know suzie, oh, oh, oh what a creamcheese,,,,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18109
Location: Somewhere in time
edyrukidng wrote:
Plook wrote:
The Moorons in my small town are trying to join the State of Jefferson shism. They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states... :smoke:




sounds like an old notion to me, in 1973, I remember in basic training at Alameda, ( bay area ), the locals were talking about a split of North and South California, to me it made sense since the two seem demographically different anyway, it happened in the Dakotas, and Carolinas,,,,


The State of Jefferson will consist of rural farming communities that fear god, watch Fox News, lean far right, don't like immigrants, varying shades of color on people, don't want San Francisco (it’s part of the problem), LA, Orange or San Diego counties, poor people, or government programs…they will be born broke right out of the gate without SF,LA, OC, or SD, that’s where all the money comes from, these counties have small elites, extremely high unemployment, a crank epidemic... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:26 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6435
Location: Wellington New Zealand
If it's not broken, don't fix it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3327
The splitting of south dakota to east and west, really never went very far. That is politically .

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5450
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
In Michigan, the Reich-Wing Republican Nazi nutjobs gerrymandered the districts so that their party will win almost all elections on a state level, even though the margin of Democrat voters to Republican voters is split almost by a 3 - 5 margin. Even though Democrats received a quarter million more votes than Republicans statewide, Republicans still increased their state House and Senate majorities. My states leadership does not reflect or carry out the best interests of the vast majority of voters. It has truly become a dictatorship. Michigan ranks #49 out of 50 in job creation, entirely thanks to Republicans, who have controlled filibuster proof majorities in all branches of gov't for nearly a decade.

In California, a state where the margin between Democrats versus Republicans is approximately an 8 to 10 margin, the only refuge for Republicans to flex their dictatorial muscle is to try to secede from the state itself and create little East Berlins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3466
rolled out on a Friday night. will anyone else report on it?

sounds like a really good idea:::

Select Wall Street banks cleared to use own risk models
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/275f93c0 ... z2u3zBGYjW


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 8997
Location: EINDHOVEN
Yanukovich's home:
http://www.kyivpost.com/multimedia/photo/a-walking-tour-of-mezhyhyria-formerly-yanukovychs-opulent-estate-337402.html

where they found a zoo, a large collection of cars and boats, a pirate ship, and plenty of evidence of bribes and fraud.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4397
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
BBP wrote:
Yanukovich's home:
http://www.kyivpost.com/multimedia/photo/a-walking-tour-of-mezhyhyria-formerly-yanukovychs-opulent-estate-337402.html

where they found a zoo, a large collection of cars and boats, a pirate ship, and plenty of evidence of bribes and fraud.


Anybody who buys a pirate ship with its own restaurant and plonks it in a lake in his own garden has a) more money than is good for him b) a very limited intellect c) no taste.

I was particularly amused by the blacklist aide memoire which appears to be marked, literally, "blacklist" and has photos and names of people that Yanukovych didn't approve of.

Thanks for posting, Bonnie.

This video shows you his sauna...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoOFVx7BKZQ

_________________
"Secluded from mankind by his exalted dignity, the truth is concealed from his knowledge; he can see only with their eyes, he hears nothing but their misrepresentations."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 8997
Location: EINDHOVEN
Please refrain from using my given name, I resorted to using my initials for a reason. One of them being that people continuously misspell it.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 336
With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.
Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.
While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.
While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.
While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.
As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18109
Location: Somewhere in time
Little_Sally wrote:
With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.
Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.
While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.
While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.
While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.
As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.



Then how do you explain the exit of Johnny who was replaced by Jay???... :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 1968
coevad wrote:
^ They just might. Remember, they're the common clay of the earth. You know - morons. :lol:

haha. Nice. I'm up on my 70s films. That was a good era.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 336
Plook wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:
With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.
Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.
While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.
While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.
While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.
As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.



Then how do you explain the exit of Johnny who was replaced by Jay???... :?

Not sure, maybe GBs fault ?

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:57 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Atlanta
Right, because Light Night TV has historically been so conservative, but only now has the far left suddenly gained the leverage to oust the extremely conservative Jay Leno.

It hurts my head trying to figure out just how many things are wrong with that sentence.

_________________
“The power of pop music to corrupt and putrify the minds of world youth are virtually limitless."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4397
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Little_Sally wrote:
With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.
Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.
While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.
While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.
While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.
As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.




Little Sally, you might have pointed out that Alex Jones wrote the above, not you... :wink:

http://www.infowars.com/obama-seizes-co ... -night-tv/

In judging his objectivity, I suppose it's all down to how you evaluate Alex's contributions to the big discussions of today, e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP0CGc9DdwQ

_________________
"Secluded from mankind by his exalted dignity, the truth is concealed from his knowledge; he can see only with their eyes, he hears nothing but their misrepresentations."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 6435
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Plagiarism on the forum! I'm shocked :shock:


:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5075
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Safe As Mars-

A Mars fatwa order has been issued by an Islamic religious leader this week stating that the Muslim faith cannot “justify” the distant space trip. Because the one-way journey to the Red Planet can be compared to suicide and is thusly forbidden, the Khaleej Times says that practicing Muslims cannot attend. News Max confirms this Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014, that the scholarly ruling is absolute, though trip planning organization Mars One has released an official statement on the matter.

The newly issued ban — already being dubbed the Mars fatwa, an erudite ruling or insisting order declared by an Islamic faith official — says that the one-way trip to Mars cannot be pursued by those who practice Islam. The one-way trip is being considered suicide and is therefore being prohibited by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment committee.

:smurf:
http://www.examiner.com/article/mars-fatwa-muslim-order-not-to-travel-to-mars-islam-cannot-justify-space-trip

Howz about a fatwa on suicide bombings as well?!

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18140
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Milton Bradley wrote:
...The one-way trip is being considered suicide and is therefore being prohibited by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment committee.

Bet that is going to disappoint alot of people....

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 18109
Location: Somewhere in time
just plain doug wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:
...The one-way trip is being considered suicide and is therefore being prohibited by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment committee.

Bet that is going to disappoint alot of people....



But they would gladly get a suicide bomber on that ship to blow it up...Muslims have finally surpassed Christians as complete idiots and that ain't easy to do... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 8997
Location: EINDHOVEN
Yanukovych attempted to get rid of his documents by throwing them into his lake. They have been salvaged and scans are being uploaded at http://www.yanukovychleaks.org/ .

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 358  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group