Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 358  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:55 am 

A loud steady moan can be heard coming from Liverpool and Windsor as DZ resets all the point totals at DZW. It is a glorious day! Ha! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:48 pm 

It'll never work. :o

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... een-light/

Plook and Kirk are purple, I'm Orange.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 pm 

coevad wrote:
It'll never work. :o

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... een-light/

Plook and Kirk are purple, I'm Orange.

The Moorons in my small town are trying to join the State of Jefferson shism. They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:27 pm 

Plook wrote:
They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states

No they don't. It's pretense.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:04 pm 

^ They just might. Remember, they're the common clay of the earth. You know - morons. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 pm 

Plook wrote:
The Moorons in my small town are trying to join the State of Jefferson shism. They seriously think the House, Senate, and President will sign a bill to allow California to be split into two or more states... :smoke:

sounds like an old notion to me, in 1973, I remember in basic training at Alameda, ( bay area ), the locals were talking about a split of North and South California, to me it made sense since the two seem demographically different anyway, it happened in the Dakotas, and Carolinas,,,,

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 pm 

edyrukidng wrote:
Plook wrote:

sounds like an old notion to me, in 1973, I remember in basic training at Alameda, ( bay area ), the locals were talking about a split of North and South California, to me it made sense since the two seem demographically different anyway, it happened in the Dakotas, and Carolinas,,,,

The State of Jefferson will consist of rural farming communities that fear god, watch Fox News, lean far right, don't like immigrants, varying shades of color on people, don't want San Francisco (it’s part of the problem), LA, Orange or San Diego counties, poor people, or government programs…they will be born broke right out of the gate without SF,LA, OC, or SD, that’s where all the money comes from, these counties have small elites, extremely high unemployment, a crank epidemic... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:26 am 

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:22 am 

The splitting of south dakota to east and west, really never went very far. That is politically .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 am 

In Michigan, the Reich-Wing Republican Nazi nutjobs gerrymandered the districts so that their party will win almost all elections on a state level, even though the margin of Democrat voters to Republican voters is split almost by a 3 - 5 margin. Even though Democrats received a quarter million more votes than Republicans statewide, Republicans still increased their state House and Senate majorities. My states leadership does not reflect or carry out the best interests of the vast majority of voters. It has truly become a dictatorship. Michigan ranks #49 out of 50 in job creation, entirely thanks to Republicans, who have controlled filibuster proof majorities in all branches of gov't for nearly a decade.

In California, a state where the margin between Democrats versus Republicans is approximately an 8 to 10 margin, the only refuge for Republicans to flex their dictatorial muscle is to try to secede from the state itself and create little East Berlins.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 am 

rolled out on a Friday night. will anyone else report on it?

sounds like a really good idea:::

Select Wall Street banks cleared to use own risk models
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/275f93c0 ... z2u3zBGYjW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:39 am 

Yanukovich's home:
http://www.kyivpost.com/multimedia/photo/a-walking-tour-of-mezhyhyria-formerly-yanukovychs-opulent-estate-337402.html

where they found a zoo, a large collection of cars and boats, a pirate ship, and plenty of evidence of bribes and fraud.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 pm 

BBP wrote:
Yanukovich's home:
http://www.kyivpost.com/multimedia/photo/a-walking-tour-of-mezhyhyria-formerly-yanukovychs-opulent-estate-337402.html

where they found a zoo, a large collection of cars and boats, a pirate ship, and plenty of evidence of bribes and fraud.

Anybody who buys a pirate ship with its own restaurant and plonks it in a lake in his own garden has a) more money than is good for him b) a very limited intellect c) no taste.

I was particularly amused by the blacklist aide memoire which appears to be marked, literally, "blacklist" and has photos and names of people that Yanukovych didn't approve of.

Thanks for posting, Bonnie.

This video shows you his sauna...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoOFVx7BKZQ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 pm 

Please refrain from using my given name, I resorted to using my initials for a reason. One of them being that people continuously misspell it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 pm 

With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.
Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.
While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.
While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.
While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.
As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:29 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
With more and more young Americans deserting news networks and getting their information and opinions from late night comedy/discussion shows, the establishment is moving into using the entertainment industry as its primary conduit for state propaganda.
Distrust in the institution of television news is hovering at all time lows, which is why one of the few places left that the White House can elicit a sympathetic response to its agenda and talking points is the cosy, make believe world of late night TV.
While Barack Obama is pursuing a chillingly dictatorial political agenda based around executive tyranny, Jimmy Fallon is helping to massage Obama’s image as a down to earth, fun loving guy that you can trust.
While Jay Leno savaged Obamacare in his final weeks as host, one of Fallon’s first acts was to afford Michelle Obama the platform of The Tonight Show to push Obamacare talking points. Fallon even once gushed that President Obama “booked himself”.
While the media has pondered on the mystery of Leno being replaced (he enjoyed consistently high ratings for 20 years), the reality is strikingly obvious.
As Politico and others have reported, this is part of the changing politics of late night TV, with the Obama White House now moving to seize control of late night TV, with Fallon acting as little more than a White House spokesman whenever the need arises.

Then how do you explain the exit of Johnny who was replaced by Jay???... :?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:17 pm 

coevad wrote:
^ They just might. Remember, they're the common clay of the earth. You know - morons. :lol:

haha. Nice. I'm up on my 70s films. That was a good era.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:05 am 

Plook wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:

Then how do you explain the exit of Johnny who was replaced by Jay???... :?

Not sure, maybe GBs fault ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 am 

Right, because Light Night TV has historically been so conservative, but only now has the far left suddenly gained the leverage to oust the extremely conservative Jay Leno.

It hurts my head trying to figure out just how many things are wrong with that sentence.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 am 

Little_Sally wrote:

Little Sally, you might have pointed out that Alex Jones wrote the above, not you... :wink:

http://www.infowars.com/obama-seizes-co ... -night-tv/

In judging his objectivity, I suppose it's all down to how you evaluate Alex's contributions to the big discussions of today, e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP0CGc9DdwQ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:30 pm 

Plagiarism on the forum! I'm shocked :shock:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:02 pm 

Safe As Mars-

A Mars fatwa order has been issued by an Islamic religious leader this week stating that the Muslim faith cannot “justify” the distant space trip. Because the one-way journey to the Red Planet can be compared to suicide and is thusly forbidden, the Khaleej Times says that practicing Muslims cannot attend. News Max confirms this Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014, that the scholarly ruling is absolute, though trip planning organization Mars One has released an official statement on the matter.

The newly issued ban — already being dubbed the Mars fatwa, an erudite ruling or insisting order declared by an Islamic faith official — says that the one-way trip to Mars cannot be pursued by those who practice Islam. The one-way trip is being considered suicide and is therefore being prohibited by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment committee.

:smurf:
http://www.examiner.com/article/mars-fatwa-muslim-order-not-to-travel-to-mars-islam-cannot-justify-space-trip

Howz about a fatwa on suicide bombings as well?!

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 pm 

Milton Bradley wrote:
...The one-way trip is being considered suicide and is therefore being prohibited by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment committee.

Bet that is going to disappoint alot of people....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Milton Bradley wrote:
...The one-way trip is being considered suicide and is therefore being prohibited by the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowment committee.

Bet that is going to disappoint alot of people....

But they would gladly get a suicide bomber on that ship to blow it up...Muslims have finally surpassed Christians as complete idiots and that ain't easy to do... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 am 

Yanukovych attempted to get rid of his documents by throwing them into his lake. They have been salvaged and scans are being uploaded at http://www.yanukovychleaks.org/ .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349, 350 ... 358  Next