Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353 ... 378  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:38 pm 

You know with all the propaganda making a judgement is tough... we live in a scary time, the bear is awake.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:16 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
You know with all the propaganda making a judgement is tough... we live in a scary time, the bear is awake.

I think a Japanese general said the same thing about the USA when they bombed Pearl Harbor. General Yamamoto I believe it was. I guess to the rest of the world we're both bears. Scary times indeed either way. :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:56 pm 

I think the value of my timeshare in Sevastopol is fuckskied!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:59 pm 

It will turn into a hotpspot for al queda / muslim insurgents.
At least it wont be the west getting it for a bit.
TT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:31 am 

Mij wrote:
Caputh, I guess he did, just like the rest of the saved crew.
But what happened to the bad guys ?
Hergé never told.

Not read the unfinished "Tintin and Alph-Art"? Rastapopoulos turns up in disguise in that as the religious leader Endaddine Akass- a kind of Bhagwan figure. But we never find out how he got away from the aliens, because Hergé never got to finish the story.

Last edited by Caputh on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:36 am 

Obama Declares Self-Determination To Be A Threat To US National Security

Paul Craig Roberts

March 17, 2014
In his March 6 Executive Order, “Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine,” Obama declares that support for Crimean self-determination constitutes “an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.” http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off ... -situation
Obama and the lawyers who drafted his executive order did not notice that the way the order is drafted it applies to Obama, to the unelected coup government in Kiev, and to the Washington and EU regimes. The order says that any person “responsible for or complicit in, or to have engaged in, directly or indirectly . . . actions or policies that undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine” is subject to having his assets frozen.
Washington and the EU are the only two governments whose personnel have undermined democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine by overthrowing the elected government and imposing an unelected one.
Obama worshippers–yes there are still people that stupid–object when I call Obama the White House Fool. Yet, here is Obama or his lawyers proving that he is a fool by issuing an executive order that requires the property of Obama, Victoria Nuland, Samantha Powers, Susan Rice, the UK prime minister, the German chancellor, the French president, the EU Commission and any number of associated persons to be frozen by the US government.
Of course, Obama’s executive order will not be applied to those to whom it is applicable. It will be applied to those to whom it is not applicable–authorities who permitted the Crimean population to exercise democratic processes in order to determine their own fate.
Washington has stood democracy on its head. Overthrowing Ukraine’s democratic government and installing a puppet regime does not undermine democratic processes or institutions in Ukraine, but anything that allows self-determination to go forward in Crimea does undermine democratic processes.
Clearly, the West can no longer be associated with democracy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:53 am 

LS is promoting pro-Communist Russia propaganda by posting an article favorable of a Russian takeover of land from another country. Dude, you've just made yourself look like a complete moron.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:21 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
LS is promoting pro-Communist Russia propaganda by posting an article favorable of a Russian takeover of land from another country. Dude, you've just made yourself look like a complete moron.

Thermonuclear Russian Roulette

March 17, 2014
Alex discusses the rampant effort to de-educate the general populace, the fact that most people do not know the history of the Crimea/Ukraine region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfK7F2yDRs#t=95

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:26 am 

Caputh wrote:
Mij wrote:
Hergé never told.

Not read the unfinished "Tintin and Alph-Art"? Rastapopoulos turns up in disguise in that as the religious leader Endaddine Akass- a kind of Bhagwan figure. But we never find out how he got away from the aliens, because Hergé never got to finish the story.

Sorry, never bought that one !
I guess I'll have to. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 am 

Mij wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Mij wrote:
Hergé never told.

Sorry, never bought that one !
I guess I'll have to. 8)

The first three pages are the only ones that are really finished (and contain a great dream sequence). In the edition from 2004 two pages of sketches show that Akass = R. However get the older edition as the later editions shrink the pages. You'd have a great time with it as your French is much better than mine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am 

Too much FOX news LS? Turn off the radio, you've had enough of that tea party propaganda again young man! The sky is falling and the Russians are coming, time to duck and cover, eh? :P :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Too much FOX news LS? Turn off the radio, you've had enough of that tea party propaganda again young man! The sky is falling and the Russians are coming, time to duck and cover, eh? :P :roll:

I have not even turned on con new for years now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 am 

I watch special report with bret bahre on fox and have not heard what you are referring to , also there are more shows on fox, there is fox business net work and fox news network , with in those there are opinion shows, and strait news, no one beats special report, the major networks are bought off, I also watch around the dial that is how i decide, check out, waters world, , Jesse is interesting as well as stossel, I find most people I talk to bad mouth fox, but never check it out, I certainly do not like politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Harry reid but that has only to do to with what comes out of their mouths.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:24 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I watch special report with bret bahre on fox and have not heard what you are referring to , also there are more shows on fox, there is fox business net work and fox news network , with in those there are opinion shows, and strait news, no one beats special report, the major networks are bought off, I also watch around the dial that is how i decide, check out, waters world, , Jesse is interesting as well as stossel, I find most people I talk to bad mouth fox, but never check it out, I certainly do not like politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Harry reid but that has only to do to with what comes out of their mouths.

It was just a joke, is all. I watch Fox now and then too. I like to keep up with the opposition.... ba-dum-dum.... They sure do have a lot of channels on the Fox network. Something has to stick sometime.... Rim shot. :mrgreen:
How often does everyone here watch or listen to, PBS news hour, NPR or Democracy Now and a little CNBC, CNN plus local news for balance? :?:

That was just a little ribbing for LS anywho. No harm intended to the masses, the 1% or Fox bro'. :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:51 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

It was just a joke, is all. I watch Fox now and then too. I like to keep up with the opposition.... ba-dum-dum.... They sure do have a lot of channels on the Fox network. Something has to stick sometime.... Rim shot. :mrgreen:
How often does everyone here watch or listen to, PBS news hour, NPR or Democracy Now and a little CNBC, CNN plus local news for balance? :?:

That was just a little ribbing for LS anywho. No harm intended to the masses, the 1% or Fox bro'. :wink: :lol:

Me too...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:53 am 

The EU’s Stunning Hypocrisy on Crimea
Paul Joseph Watson

The European Union’s characterization of the Crimean vote to join Russia as “undemocratic” is laced with stunning hypocrisy given that the EU ignored its own citizens when they rejected the European Constitution on numerous occasions.
The EUs Stunning Hypocrisy on Crimea

Following yesterday’s referendum in which people in the black sea peninsula voted 97% in favor of becoming part of the Russian federation, the EU responded by slapping sanctions on 21 Russian and Ukrainian officials, declaring the referendum to be “illegal”.
That’s standard operating procedure for the European Union, which habitually denigrates the will of its own people by ignoring popular votes and referendums if it doesn’t like the result.
When voters in both France and the Netherlands rejected the EU Constitution in 2005, instead of accepting the outcome, the European Union simply re-named the Constitution and re-introduced it as the Lisbon Treaty, forcing Europeans to vote once again.
Even when Irish voters rejected the Lisbon Treaty in 2008, the EU simply changed the rules which mandated that the treaty could only be passed with a unanimous vote from all member states and passed it anyway, flying in the face of any notion of democracy.
In brazenly declaring that the EU would ignore referendums, Giscard d’Estaing even went on record to admit that the Lisbon Treaty “had been carefully crafted to confuse the public.”
By denouncing Crimea’s vote as undemocratic and illegal, the EU is displaying its usual brand of jaw-dropping hypocrisy. This is an institution that has repeatedly violated the democratic will of its own citizens by holding recurring referendums until Europeans simply gave in and accepted the result the bureaucratic parasites in Brussels were pushing for all along.
The United States and the EU’s denunciation of the Crimean vote is also beyond a joke when one considers the fact that the initial Euromaidan uprising, which led to the violent overthrow of Ukraine’s democratically elected government, was bankrolled by the United States itself via the State Department in concert with groups such as the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the National Endowment for Democracy.
Perhaps if Russia had simply followed the west’s example by staging a violent and bloody coup to overthrow Crimean authorities and relied on extremist intimidation tactics to install pro-Moscow leaders with no democratic vote whatsoever, then would the likes of William Hague, John Kerry and Catherine Ashton have been satisfied?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm 

Little_Sally wrote:
The EU’s Stunning Hypocrisy on Crimea

Agreed - sounds like democracy working.
TT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:29 pm 

I like some of the ideas of the EU.
However, IMO we helped to precipitate this particular crisis... :|

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:46 am 

Well, at least Merkel didn't go to Sochi. We took our king and queen and prime minister. Still angry about that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 pm 

THE ROLLING STONES POSTPONE THEIR TOUR OF AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND

The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L'Wren Scott.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.

Australia/New Zealand promoters ask ticket holders to please hold on to their tickets until further notice. A new schedule of dates is presently being worked on and will be advised as soon as possible. Information will be made available via rollingstones.com and frontiertouring.com as soon as available.

The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.

The postponed shows are:
19 March 2014 | Perth Arena, Perth | Postponed
22 March 2014 | Adelaide Oval, Adelaide | Postponed
25 March 2014 | Allphones Arena, Sydney | Postponed
28 March 2014 | Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne | Postponed
30 March 2014 | Hanging Rock, Macedon Ranges | Postponed
2 April 2014 | Entertainment Centre, Brisbane | Postponed
5 April 2014 | Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland | Postponed

You have been sent this email because you have purchased tickets to a Ticketmaster event.
© Ticketmaster 2014. All rights reserved.

Bummer, I'll still visit the hell hole that is Auckland City, since I can't get a refund on flights and hotel bookings....or renegotiate my time off work.

So as we speak I own a couple of expensive little pieces of yellow paper that may prove to have no value other than as some kind of nostalgic souvenir of what could have been.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 am 

Fascist Thugs Beat Up Ukraine TV Boss, Demand Resignation
Alexander Panteleymonov beaten by Svoboda party members

Kurt Nimmo
March 19, 2014
Russia, Turkey and Cuba reported the beating of Alexander Panteleymonov, the director of Ukraine’s state-run NTU television company, but the story is apparently not important enough to air on American corporate news networks.
Panteleymonov, as the video shows, was beaten by Svoboda party fascists and forced to resign his office for daring to air the signing ceremony of Crimea joining the Russian Federation after a popular referendum held last weekend voted to secede from the country.
Igor Miroshnichenko, a Verkhovna Rada MP infamous for an antisemitic slur leveled against Ukrainian Jewish actress Mila Kunis, shoved and punched Panteleymonov.
“Write your resignation! Sit down! I told you, sit down!” the gang of ultra-nationalists yelled at the TV network boss. “You are feasting in my Ukraine!… Here is a paper, pen, write the resignation now quickly, you animal… You Muscovite (a derogatory word for Russian) garbage!”
Svoboda party’s spokesman Alexander Aronets admitted on his Facebook page the Svoboda thugs forced Panteleymonov to resign.
The incident provides further evidence Ukraine’s junta consists in large part of fascists no different than Nazi brownshirts who, prior to Hitler’s ascension to power, attacked, beat and murdered the political opposition. Many were interned in concentration camps and later executed.
Although the corporate media has, to a limited degree, reported on the ultra-nationalists and fascists sharing power in Kyiv, they have minimized this with coverage designed to portray the junta as democrats struggling against Russian domination.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 am 

Local elections here. Looks like turn up will be historically low.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:20 pm 

BBP wrote:
Local elections here. Looks like turn up will be historically low.

Are you voting and who for and why? :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:29 pm 

Yes, I voted for my father, because I know how much it means to him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:40 pm 

BBP wrote:
Yes, I voted for my father, because I know how much it means to him.

Has he got better policies than the other candidates?
TT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352, 353 ... 378  Next