Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368 ... 389  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:23 am 

BBP wrote:
World's oldest colour film...
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-19423951

Very cool. 1902. Basically it's s proof-of-concept, to show that color movies were possible without color film.

Unfortunately, it was too complicated to be dependable, and the inventor died before he could make needed improvements.

But the same basic idea was used in the Technicolor process fifty years later. Clearly, this guy was on to something...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:34 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
^ A song in the making?

Or a line in Broken Hearts Are For Assholes..

"And Edwin (without a doubt the ugliest son of a bitch to have sex with a floatie) was his nayayame....."

LMAO! That fits real good cal! :) :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
....I don't get cancer. When I was a pre-teen, I lost a close friend to cancer and have believed that I don't get that shit. 50yrs. later after a life of sin and debauchery, but eating right with only 10yrs. in "processed foods" as diet. I have enough other stuff to make cancer think....why bother, we can't torture the sob any more than whats happening. The big C don't know that I put on a great act and am having a semi-ball of it. Anything in moderation as long as it doesn't cause a murder.
Maybe I should donated the ol' bod to science eh? :roll:

Great attitude, I hope you are correct.

I wonder about the power of positive thinking and the physical effects it might have or if there are any. I hope I'm right too! Thanks man! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:01 am 

The Hamilton Pink Pool Toy Bandit
I heard he's on the loo - oo - oo - oose...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:44 pm 

Happy Fathers day to all you Mothers out there! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:36 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Happy Fathers day to all you Mothers out there! :)

Same to you Kapt'n.
Good day and the kids checked in :)

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
....I don't get cancer. When I was a pre-teen, I lost a close friend to cancer and have believed that I don't get that shit. 50yrs. later after a life of sin and debauchery, but eating right with only 10yrs. in "processed foods" as diet. I have enough other stuff to make cancer think....why bother, we can't torture the sob any more than whats happening. The big C don't know that I put on a great act and am having a semi-ball of it. Anything in moderation as long as it doesn't cause a murder.
Maybe I should donated the ol' bod to science eh? :roll:

Great attitude, I hope you are correct.

I wonder about the power of positive thinking and the physical effects it might have or if there are any. I hope I'm right too! Thanks man! :wink: 8)

absolutely essential :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm 

Seth Rogen and James Franco
Blasted for New Kim Jong-un
Assassination Flick

6/21/2014 8:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The North Korean regime is blasting Seth Rogen and James Franco's new flick featuring an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-un.

Kim Myong-chol -- the unofficial spokesperson for the regime in Pyongyang -- told the Telegraph the government is not pleased with the content ... although Un will likely watch the flick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:59 am 

American student rescued after getting stuck in giant vagina sculpture in Germany
The 22-year-old student had to be rescued by 22 firefighters after getting stuck in the sculpture by Fernando de la Jara — called ‘Pi Chacan,’ which means ‘making love’ — that stands outside Tubingen University.
BY Lee Moran
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, June 23, 2014, 10:33 AM

An American exchange student was saved by firefighters after getting stuck inside a giant sculpture of a vagina.

The unidentified man reportedly climbed into the marble artwork in Tubingen, Germany, on Friday as part of a dare.

But, once inside, he found he couldn't get out.

Five fire trucks and 22 firefighters were needed to help slide the man — who'd become lodged in by his legs — to freedom.

But that wasn't before a so-called friend snapped a picture of his red-faced pal and uploaded it online.
It took 22 firefighters to rescue the 22-year-old. erickguzman via Imgur It took 22 firefighters to rescue the 22-year-old.

"I was there!!! He just wanted to take a funny picture," Erick Guzman wrote on Imgur.

It's a trap!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:30 am 

It must have felt as a second birth...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:35 pm 

MentalTossFlycoon wrote:
Un will likely watch the flick.

un-unlike
TT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:53 am 

Sometimes something good happens:

Supreme Court limits cellphone searches after arrests
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-cou ... r-arrests/

"The Obama administration and the state of California, defending the cellphone searches, said cellphones should have no greater protection from a search than anything else police find."

Obama & the Left Coast, eh? What does that tell you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:20 am 

North Korea declares war on Horrywood

Miasma!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 am 

The Libertarian/Republican dominated Supreme Court has just ruled it legal for religious institutions and businesses to discriminate against women in the US...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hob ... ol-n144321

They'll blame it on Obama in 5...4...3...2...1...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:39 am 

NOT, they granted religious freedom to Business, you are spinning the result. In no way does this discriminate against women. Just the opposite. This is a direct result of ACA over reach. Not, obama, just the law in the way it was written. Had It had been read before it was passed at 2 minutes before midnight, on a christmas eve, this might not have been necessary. Also, Hobby Lobby which was the driving force to take this to the supreme ct. still will cover contraception, through their insurance , there is only 2 or 3 products they won't cover, one is the morning after pill.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:18 pm 

...and thus one step closer to a full fascist theocracy. Religious groups wouldn't discriminate against women now, would they?

...and all for what? So they can ban forms of treatments that are also used for cancer. It's not all about abortion. I thought Libertarianism and Conservatism were supposed to be about preserving freedom, not taking away women's rights.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 pm 

Now you are talkin out your ass , your mouth knows better, the fascist, is in the WH, and now the S court is stepping in. Just like hitter, obama wants to make all the decisions for every one, he knows best .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:07 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
...and thus one step closer to a full fascist theocracy. Religious groups wouldn't discriminate against women now, would they?

...and all for what? So they can ban forms of treatments that are also used for cancer. It's not all about abortion. I thought Libertarianism and Conservatism were supposed to be about preserving freedom, not taking away women's rights.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Now you are talkin out your ass , your mouth knows better, the fascist, is in the WH, and now the S court is stepping in. Just like hitter, obama wants to make all the decisions for every one, he knows best .

No, you're talkin' out of your ass.

Birth Control Pill Use Cuts Ovarian Cancer Risk
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/birth ... ancer-risk

Oral contraceptive pills as primary prevention for ovarian cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23743450

Strong Protection From Ovarian Cancer Gives the Pill Overall Anticancer Effect
http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/ ... protection

What the Supreme Court has done is blatant discrimination against women and their health care, based on theocratic fascism.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:08 am 

"The companies objected to covering intrauterine devices and so-called morning-after pills, saying they were akin to abortion."

"The companies said they had no objection to some forms of contraception, including condoms, diaphragms, sponges, several kinds of birth control pills and sterilization surgery."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/01/us/ho ... .html?_r=0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:43 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

No, you're talkin' out of your ass.

Birth Control Pill Use Cuts Ovarian Cancer Risk
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/birth ... ancer-risk

Oral contraceptive pills as primary prevention for ovarian cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23743450

Strong Protection From Ovarian Cancer Gives the Pill Overall Anticancer Effect
http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/ ... protection

What the Supreme Court has done is blatant discrimination against women and their health care, based on theocratic fascism.

The pills you just listed are not the ones that are not covered.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:04 am 

Abortion pill might prevent breast cancer
http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/ ... 110601.asp

Morning after pill might prevent breast cancer
http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/cw/2006/1 ... st-cancer/

Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2014/ ... rug-makers

Hobby Lobby Still Covers Vasectomies And Via-gra
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/3 ... r=Politics

It's blatant discrimination against women.

Why is it that Right Wing religious fanatic Libertarian Republican White Supremacist terrorist militiamen wacko conspiracy theorist fascists discriminate against everybody except Caucasian males?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:33 am 

You keep posting lies, the only contraception not covered are those that take effect after fertilization of the egg. they still cover all the rest with their insurance. the Supreme court decision upheld the the freedom of religion law that CLINTON signed in 1993, now is he a right wing radical? SB you are the worst kind of peddler of misinformation. You have your opinion ,, great, but don't spin the truth, the supreme court has found you WRONG, move on . and maybe educate yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:46 am 

The morning after pill is one of the forms of contraceptive that the Libertarian Republican Fascist majority Supreme Court ruled in favor of discrimination against women on behalf of Right Wing Religious fanatic business Hobby Lobby. It's also a preventative drug for cancer.

Libertarians, the Tea Party and Republicans are pushing America into becoming a theocratic fascist state where religious beliefs and other forms of mythology are used to discriminate against women, non Caucasion males and the poor.

The only spin here are the lies, mythology and fiction used by Neo-Conservatives to force fascism into American politics. It's like that with every single issue.

edit - oh, and btw, trying to shift the blame from the Right Wing Neo-Conservative Supreme Court majority who have been in control for the last 15 years to a former president who hasn't been in office for nearly 2 decades just doesn't cut it.

The Libertarian/Republican war against women rages on. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:34 am 

baddy wrote:

Just fabulous! I love it!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:13 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Abortion pill might prevent breast cancer
http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/News/ ... 110601.asp

Morning after pill might prevent breast cancer
http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/cw/2006/1 ... st-cancer/

Hobby Lobby's Hypocrisy: The Company's Retirement Plan Invests in Contraception Manufacturers
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2014/ ... rug-makers

Hobby Lobby Still Covers Vasectomies And Via-gra
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/3 ... r=Politics

It's blatant discrimination against women.

Why is it that Right Wing religious fanatic Libertarian Republican White Supremacist terrorist militiamen wacko conspiracy theorist fascists discriminate against everybody except Caucasian males?

NOT, your post on the morning after pill is from 06, and the chemical company that made it did the study on mice, never proven, no double blind study, so just more of you bull shit, and why? Also all the supreme court did was uphold a bill that went through CONGRESS, that was introduced by Chuck Schumer, democrat, to allow some indian tribes legal use of peyote ! Again get your facts straight. You are as close to a fascist as there is. The situation that precipitated the ruling is due to an executive order by obama, trying to circumvent the Freedom of religion act that schumer introduced, and clinton signed after a nearly unanimous passage. With this you can see that all the court did was uphold what democrats wanted. Listen sb ,ideology and hyperbole, that you toss around with reckless abandon is what has this nation in trouble. You want fascism , that is when one person decides , with no other choice, here in the us we have checks and balance. Regardless of the outcome of this ruling women can still get anything they want. The question is who pays. move to a totalitarian country , thats what you seem to like . snivel about it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9722 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368 ... 389  Next