Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370 ... 379  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:31 am 

deuce wrote:
Breaking news...
I'm gonna block everyone that puts political bullshit on this thread from now.
TT

There are a couple of folks here who haven't figured out they have their own threads where they can spout their rhetoric. Now, their shit is spilling over everywhere. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:01 am 

The very first post and almost every single page of this thread has politically related content. This thread is predominantly political.

Political bullshit and free/black market greed is causing this...

Quote:
Imperiled Amazon Indians Make 1st Contact with Outsiders

Indigenous people with no prior contact to the outside world have just emerged from the Amazon rainforest in Brazil and made contact with a group of settled Indians, after being spotted migrating to evade illegal loggers, advocates say.

The news, which was released yesterday (July 2), comes after sightings of the uncontacted Indians in Brazil near the border with Peru, according to the group Survival International. Officials with the organization had warned last month that the isolated tribes face threats of disease and violence as they moved into new territory and possibly encountered other people.

"Something serious must have happened," José Carlos Meirelles, a former official with the Brazilian Indian Affairs Department FUNAI, said in a statement. "It is not normal for such a large group of uncontacted Indians to approach in this way. This is a completely new and worrying situation, and we currently do not know what has caused it."

Survival International officials said dozens of uncontacted Indians were recently spotted close to the home of the Ashaninka Indians in Brazil's Acre state along the Envira River, while a government investigation in the region uncovered more ephemeral traces of the tribe on the move: footprints, temporary camps and food leftovers. On Sunday (June 29), reports suggest, the vulnerable group of Indians made contact with the Asháninka.

Advocates think the Indians crossed into Brazil from Peru to escape drug traffickers and illegal loggers who started working in their territory, Fiona Watson, research and field director for Survival International, told Live Science in an email.

Advocates warned this could be a deadly development.

As they travel, the tribe may be at risk of clashes with other groups and contagious diseases to which they have no immunity. Illnesses like the flu and malaria, for example, devastated the Zo'e tribe in northern Brazil after Christian missionaries established a base camp in the area in the 1980s.

"I am from the same area as they are," Nixiwaka Yawanawá, an Indian from Brazil's Acre state, said in a statement. "It is very worrying that my relatives are at risk of disappearing. It shows the injustice that we face today. They are even more vulnerable because they can’t communicate with the authorities. Both governments must act now to protect and to stop a disaster against my people," added Yawanawá, who joined Survival to speak out for the rights of such indigenous peoples.

Another uncontacted tribe was famously photographed near the Brazil-Peru border in 2008. Images released by Survival International at the time showed men pointing arrows at the plane photographing them. In 2011, a government post that was monitoring the area was overrun by illegal loggers and drug smugglers.

"International borders don't exist for uncontacted tribes, which is why Peru and Brazil must work together to prevent lives being lost," Survival director Stephen Corry urged in the statement. "Both governments must act now if their uncontacted citizens are to survive."

http://news.yahoo.com/imperiled-amazon- ... =samsungwn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:31 am 

But it has different shit to talk about, besides the 3 same topics y'all have to talk about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 am 

Seriously, you little boys keep your political crap where it belongs. In case you lost the links, they are provided below:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24884

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24675

If you need more, create more. Let the rest of us have one damn place where we don't have to watch your incessant circle jerk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:58 am 

duchamp wrote:
Seriously, you little boys keep your political crap where it belongs. In case you lost the links, they are provided below:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=24884

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24675

If you need more, create more. Let the rest of us have one damn place where we don't have to watch your incessant circle jerk.

Well said brother. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:14 pm 

Breaking news:

tweedle-dumb is STILL in total denial about the realities of the Housing Bubble Crisis, unemployment, the Labor Force Participation Rate, the marketplace, economics, politics, Ron Paul, Libertarians...and just about everything else you can name...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:38 pm 

from "Variety"...

Once again, vinyl albums showed a potent gain, up more than 40% to 4 million units (compared to 2.9 million in the first half of 2013), though the format remains a sliver of the industry’s overall business.

http://variety.com/2014/music/news/musi ... 201257795/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:37 pm 

Disco Boy - you're gone, you're vapour...

Meanwhile...
David Cameron has asked a senior civil servant to "find answers" about a missing dossier on alleged paedophiles at Westminster in the 1980s. The Home Office has faced calls to explain why the dossier was "not retained" by officials. The document was passed by Tory MP Geoffrey Dickens to then Home Secretary Leon Brittan, who says he in turn handed it to officials.
TT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:25 pm 

a little late but

Aspen Music Festival stages Frank Zappa at Belly Up

The day Jonathan Haas arrived on campus to join the faculty of the Aspen Music Festival and School 30 summers ago, he had a memorable message waiting for him in the administration building.
“Somebody said, ‘Frank Zappa just called for you’,” Haas said. “I thought this was a joke.”
Haas had written a letter to the rock-music innovator and prolific composer after hearing his album “The Perfect Stranger” — a collaboration with the French conductor Pierre Boulez. Haas had offered to put together a contemporary ensemble arrangement of Zappa’s work for a concert in New York City. Zappa was unconvinced of the notion, Haas found, when he returned Zappa’s call.
“I know what you want to do,” Zappa said. “You want to produce a concert and play one of my pieces and have a bunch of contemporary music composers and lots of people will be coming because of my one piece and it absolutely won’t happen!”
Haas then explained that he felt “The Perfect Stranger” was written in response to Edgar Varese’s “Deserts,” because of its blend of instrumentals and electronics, and that he wanted to play the pieces together.
“Then there was silence on the phone,” Haas said. “’Mr. Zappa, are you there?’ And he said, ‘That’s a very good idea Mr. Haas, I think we should do it.’”
Thus began a collaboration and professional friendship that continued through Zappa’s death from prostate cancer in late 1993. Months earlier, Zappa and Haas finally had staged the Varese-Zappa concert at Avery Fisher Hall in Manhattan, New York. Haas also played percussion on 1993’s “Zappa’s Universe” with Zappa’s bandmates, taking over for longtime Zappa percussionist Ed Mann after he and Zappa had a falling out. Haas lobbied Zappa to write him a timpani concerto, which Zappa was unable to undertake due to his illness (Philip Glass proved a suitable second choice).
Haas also put together a percussion ensemble of Zappa’s “The Black Page.”
“I thought since percussion was such an important and integral part of his rock band, why not throw the nets out a little bit further?” Haas said. “He looked at my arrangement and said, ‘Yes, I approve this.’”
That arrangement, along with several others, and pieces by Varese, will be center stage at Belly Up tonight, with a tribute to Zappa performed by the Music Festival and School’s Percussion Ensemble, of which Haas is director.
The show will include Varese’s “Ionization,” along with Zappa’s “The Black Page,” “RDNZL,” “We Are Not Alone,” “Let’s Make the Water Turn Black,” “Regyptian Strut,” “G-Spot Tornado,” and “Peaches En Regalia.”
This spring, Haas learned that another composer, Mike Myers, also had collaborated with Zappa on percussion ensembles. The Belly Up concert will include Myers’ arrangements, along with those by Haas, alongside the Varese.
“You’ve gotta have Varese if you have Zappa, and I think Frank would have agreed,” said Haas, adding, “Though, I think if you put any other composer’s piece on, he’d be very unhappy.”
Haas’ ensemble for the performance includes 19 musicians in all, playing five marimbas, two timpani sets, two xylophones, two vibraphones, two glockenspiels, one drum kit “and a million percussion instruments.” It’ll be a tight squeeze on the music club’s stage. To prepare, the ensemble has been practicing in a marked-off space of the Belly Up stage dimensions in the practice room at the Music School’s percussion building.
Haas’ students came to Aspen early for the summer season to begin practicing the pieces in the hopes of meeting Zappa’s notoriously high standards for musicianship.
Between pieces tonight, actor David Ledingham will perform Zappa monologues, excerpted from interviews and from Zappa’s incisive testimony at the 1985 U.S. Senate subcommittee hearings on music censorship.
“For people who don’t know what Frank Zappa was all about, it’ll ground it,” Haas said. “And for Zappa fans it’ll just be trip through nostalgia.”
Long before their collaborations, Haas, at age 13, saw Zappa perform with the Mothers of Invention at the Ravinia Festival outside Chicago. He recalled seeing drummer Ainsley Duncan and Zappa’s band running up and down the aisles.
“Nobody had any idea what was going on, and I said, ‘This is the greatest thing in the world. I want to do this.’”
Haas, who founded the percussion ensemble with performances at the Wheeler Opera House in the mid-80s that were off the official Music Festival calendar, also came here as a student for three summers in the ’70s.
The Zappa performance comes in addition to the percussion ensemble’s Harris Hall concert on Aug. 4. His students were eager to put in the extra effort for the chance to play Zappa, Haas said.
“It’s a tremendous amount of work,” he said, “but it means they’re getting their money’s worth. When I was a student here you could never give me enough parts and enough music to satisfy my desire for the experience. So I assume these students have that same spirit, so let’s do a lot of music.”
Zappa’s chamber-music compositions number over one-thousand, Haas noted — an output equal to Mozart’s. Along with continuing Zappa’s compositional legacy with tonight’s performance, Haas is championing an opera and a Broadway musical, both written by Zappa but never produced, to get an audience someday.
Zappa deserves a place in the classical tradition beside Varese, Haas argues.
“There are naysayers, who say, ‘Well, this isn’t on the level of Schoenberg or somebody like that,’” he said. “But he wasn’t trying to be any of those composers. Varese was a great iconoclast, and he saw himself the same way. Tonality was really important to him. He wrote some of the great melodies.”
Tonight’s performance is the first at Belly Up for the Music Festival. Haas said he was inspired to bring the percussion ensemble to the club last summer, when he saw the Michael Jackson tribute, Foreverland, led by Music Festival vice president of development Alex Brose, in the club.
Brose will join the ensemble at tomorrow’s show to sing “The Idiot Bastard Son.”

If You Go…

Under the Radar: A Tribute to Frank Zappa

Aspen Music Festival & School Percussion Ensemble

Tuesday, July 8, 8 p.m.

Belly Up Aspen

$15 standing/$25 seated

www.bellyupaspen.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 pm 

Thank you NZ.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:28 pm 

Damn! I might have made the drive for that, had I known. But thanks for posting it anyway!

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 am 

2016 Republican National Convention Will Be in Cleveland

Yesterday, Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, announced that the GOP will hold its 2016 convention in Cleveland, Ohio.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm 

In case some have wondered about where the data comes from for the media published unemployment rate, and the actual unemployment rate, this exerpt just in from Paul Craig Roberts, (frmr Asst Sec to the US Treasury)...

Full Story Here

July 08, 2014

And More Fraud Is in the Works

Virtual Economy’s Phantom Job Gains are Based on Statistical Fraud

by PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS

Washington can’t stop lying. Don’t be convinced by last Thursday’s job report that it is your fault if you don’t have a job. Those 288,000 jobs and 6.1% unemployment rate are more fiction than reality.

The monthly unemployment rates are not comparable, so one doesn’t know whether the official U.3 rate (the headline rate that the financial press reports) went up or down. Moreover, the rate does not count discouraged workers who, unable to find a job, cease looking. To be counted among the U.3 unemployed, the person must have actively looked for work during the four weeks prior to the survey. The U.3 rate automatically declines as people who have been unable to find jobs cease trying to find one and thereby cease to be counted as unemployed.

There is a second official measure of unemployment that includes people who have been discouraged for less than one year. That rate, known as U.6, is seldom reported and is double the 6.1% rate.

Since 1994 there has been no official measure than includes discouraged people who have not looked for a job for more than a year. Including all discouraged workers produces an unemployment rate that currently stands at 23.1%, almost four times the rate that the financial press reports."

MORE at link above...

baddy's note:
LOL, I wonder what would happen if the media suddenly reported the actual unemployment rate at 23.1%...

....well, then again maybe I should prefer to enjoy the media's false sense of secutity :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:45 pm 

baddy wrote:
In case some have wondered about where the data comes from for the media published unemployment rate, and the actual unemployment rate, this exerpt just in from Paul Craig Roberts, (frmr Asst Sec to the US Treasury)...

Full Story Here

July 08, 2014

by PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS

Washington can’t stop lying. Don’t be convinced by last Thursday’s job report that it is your fault if you don’t have a job. Those 288,000 jobs and 6.1% unemployment rate are more fiction than reality.

The monthly unemployment rates are not comparable, so one doesn’t know whether the official U.3 rate (the headline rate that the financial press reports) went up or down. Moreover, the rate does not count discouraged workers who, unable to find a job, cease looking. To be counted among the U.3 unemployed, the person must have actively looked for work during the four weeks prior to the survey. The U.3 rate automatically declines as people who have been unable to find jobs cease trying to find one and thereby cease to be counted as unemployed.

There is a second official measure of unemployment that includes people who have been discouraged for less than one year. That rate, known as U.6, is seldom reported and is double the 6.1% rate.

Since 1994 there has been no official measure than includes discouraged people who have not looked for a job for more than a year. Including all discouraged workers produces an unemployment rate that currently stands at 23.1%, almost four times the rate that the financial press reports."

MORE at link above...

baddy's note:
LOL, I wonder what would happen if the media suddenly reported the actual unemployment rate at 23.1%...

....well, then again maybe I should prefer to enjoy the media's false sense of secutity :)

I'm not surprised at all, as I've covered a good chunk of this very topic in other threads.

Thank you very much for posting this. I agree with most of it...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 pm 

AC/DC's Malcolm Young in hospital - Johnson

AC/DC guitarist Malcolm Young is in hospital, says bandmate Brian Johnson.

Johnson spoke of Young's health battles, reported earlier this year, during a recent interview with Classic Rock magazine to talk about the Australian rock band's 15th album.

The frontman said the album was now complete and said Young's absence from the recording studio had been missed, revealing his friend was in hospital.

"We miss Malcolm obviously. He's a fighter. He's in hospital but he's a fighter. We've got our fingers crossed that he'll get strong again," Johnson told Classic Rock.

AC/DC regrouped in Canada in May this year to record their next record, with Stevie Young filling in for his ill uncle.

"Stevie, Malcolm's nephew, was magnificent. But when you're recording (a new album) with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isn't well, it's difficult," Johnson said.

"But I'm sure he was rooting for us. He's such a strong man. He's a small guy but he's very strong. He's proud and he's very private, so we can't say too much. But fingers crossed he'll be back," he added.

No further details about Young's health battle have been given.

The band was rumoured to be on the verge of a split earlier this year due to Young's health troubles but they vowed to press on after the musician decided to step down for a hiatus.

"After forty years of life dedicated to AC/DC, guitarist and founding member Malcolm Young is taking a break from the band due to ill health," the band said in a statement in April.

"Malcolm would like to thank the group's diehard legions of fans worldwide for their never-ending love and support," the statement read.

"In light of this news, AC/DC asks that Malcolm and his family's privacy be respected during this time. The band will continue to make music."

Johnson also said in the interview that work on the band's new album has been completed after a number of studio sessions in Canada.

"We're done. I'm very excited and we've got some great songs. I wanted to call the album Man Down. But it's a bit negative and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that," Johnson said.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:37 pm 

baddy wrote:

Full Story Here

July 08, 2014

by PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS

MORE at link above...

baddy's note:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:15 am 

Meanwhile on a serious note

White Castle Honors Alice Cooper for His Unwavering Dedication to Burgers

When Alice Cooper looks back on the legendary timeline of his life, there will surely be many years with special significance: 1969, when his Alice Cooper band was signed to Frank Zappa’s label; 1976, when he married his partner Sheryl Goddard; 1991, when his presence brought Wayne Campbell and Garth Algar to their knees in Wayne’s World; and 2011, when Cooper was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

But now, if music’s original shock rocker ever decides to pen a follow-up to his memoir Golf Monster: A Rock ‘n’ Roller’s 12 Steps to Becoming a Golf Addict, he’ll have to include a chapter about one more very special occasion: July 7, 2014—the day Cooper entered the White Castle Cravers Hall of Fame.

The WCCHoF is located at White Castle headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, just 200 miles from Cooper’s birthplace of Detroit. Since its creation in 2001, 7,645 people have tried to get their names in the hallowed Hall, but only two percent have made the cut, putting the successful multi-hyphenate in a truly elite class.

As the pristine, post-war hero glow of the 1950s faded, America spent the late 60s entering its self-aware stage, mirroring the journey of a young Cooper, who was emerging from the unchecked optimism of teenage dreaming into the critical phase of early-20-something self-exploration. But fortunately for Cooper, he didn’t have just rock ‘n’ roll music to aid him on this journey. He also had White Castle’s iconic sliders, too.

No one can say for sure when he first fed his Frankenstein with White Castle’s unique culinary offerings, but we can deduce with reasonable certainty that it, like many events in the improbable star’s trailblazing career, was destiny—a beginning point that would run a traceable line through the life and career of Cooper, leading him back home to the Midwest, and finally into the Cravers Hall of Fame as if he was meant to be there all along.

From left to right: VP Jamie Richardson, CEO Bill Ingram, Marci Ingram, Sheryl Cooper, Alice Cooper, White Castle President Lisa Ingram, Corporate Relations Manager Erin Shannon.

Cooper was inducted into the Hall by Bill, Marci, and Lisa Ingram, who are the fourth generation of Ingrams to run the family-owned American institution. The company’s vice president, Jamie Richardson, moderated a brief conversation with Cooper to an audience of White Castle employees. A band was in attendance to pay tribute to Cooper and perform several of his songs, with the legend even welcoming attendees to his nightmare by joining in on “No More Mr. Nice Guy”—much to everyone’s surprise and delight.

As he was being inducted, Cooper told his audience, “a lot of my fellow rockers are going to be envious of this honor.” He was then asked how the moment stacked up against entering the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Ever the classy gentleman, Cooper was careful not to offend the Rock Hall by belittling it to the media and simply responded, “there’s no comparison.” As an honoree, he received a tour of the White Castle Headquarters in addition to a plaque commemorating his entrance into the selective WCCHoF.

The “School’s Out” rocker shares this honor alongside 170 inductees, including the five creators of Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle; Steven Luch of Detroit, in partnership with his potbellied pig, Nips; and Greek Orthodox Priest, Father John Stavropoulos of Canton, Ohio—Craver legends all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:39 pm 

Aside from the fear mongering anti-media wacky Conspiracy theorist version of the jobs numbers, here is another indicator that the jobs market is solidly improving...

Quote:
US unemployment aid applications fall to 304,000

WASHINGTON (AP) — Fewer people sought U.S. unemployment benefits last week, driving down the level of applications to nearly the lowest in seven years.

Weekly applications for unemployment aid dropped 11,000 to a seasonally adjusted 304,000, the Labor Department said Thursday. That's not far from a reading of 298,000 two months ago, which was the lowest since 2007, before the Great Recession began.
A separate government report Tuesday showed that total layoffs in May fell below 1.6 million, lower than even pre-recession levels. And more workers are quitting their jobs, the report found, which can be a sign of confidence, since most workers quit when they have new positions or are confident they can find one.

In addition, the number of open jobs jumped to the highest level in seven years, a sign that companies could step up hiring in the months ahead.

Employers, meanwhile, added 288,000 jobs in June, the fifth straight month of job gains above 200,000. That's the first such stretch since 1999. The unemployment rate fell to 6.1 percent, the lowest since September 2008.

http://news.msn.com/us/us-unemployment- ... o-304000-1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:49 pm 

Meanwhile, tweedle-dumb is STILL in total denial about the unemployment rate not being even remotely accurate, since it doesn't include people looking for work who aren't on Government benefits or who have quit looking for work out of despair. Nor does he realize that the Labor Force Participation Rate is the lowest it's been in US history since March of 1978 (give or take a few very minor increases of between 1/10 - 4/10 of a percent, non consecutively). As of June 2014, the rate is still at 62.8%. And not to mention, there are more people on food stamps and welfare than EVER before...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 pm 

School of Rock Set to Rock Out in Germany in Celebration of Legendary Frank Zappa

Leader in Performance-Based Music Education Sends Students Abroad to Famed Music Festival
Burr Ridge, IL This summer, School of Rock, the leader in performance-based music education, is giving its most talented East Coast students the once in a lifetime opportunity to showcase their skills in front of thousands of music lovers at the 25th annual Zappanale, a music festival held in Bad Doberan, Germany, in celebration of American Rock musician and composer Frank Zappa.

On July 14th, 18 young musicians representing nine schools from D.C. to New York will make up the School of Rock Z-team as they travel across the world to rock out on the festivals main stage alongside legendary rockers including Adrian Belew, Pat Mastelotto, Tony Levin, Bunk Gardner, Denny Wally and Don Preston. The students were chosen based on their skills and dedication after an extensive set of auditions and have spent the past three months perfecting their techniques to live out Zappas celebrated name.

Its an honor to give our students the chance to represent School of Rock internationally in front of a crowd that really understands and appreciates the music of Frank Zappa, said Eric Svalgard, show manager and owner/director of School of Rock Wilmington. Its not every day that young musicians are able to travel far and wide due to their love of music. We are very excited for our students to play on a full professional sound stage and gain a worldly perspective as they embark on this adventure.

The Z-team will be following in the footsteps of the original School of Rock team who performed at Zappanale in 2003. Prior to Zappanale, they will travel to Berlin for a warm-up gig at the Skle of Rock and Pop in Rostock, Germany, followed by a performance at the center square kick-off party in Bad Doberan. The young rockers will then perform on the main stage of the festival in front of thousands of avid European music fans who gather every year in Northern Germany to celebrate Zappas contribution to music and social change.
By inspiring the world to rock on stage and in life, School of Rock transforms the lives of kids and adults through music. As the leader in performance-based music education, it is an ingenious concept that gets kids and adults rocking out to the classics and on stage performing with their peers. Music programs are designed to create a supportive environment where music students of all skill levels are comfortable yet challenged at every turn. In addition to individual private music instruction on guitar, bass, vocals, keyboards and/or drums, students also learn how to jam with their peers in a weekly practice session. The team dynamic creates a supportive and motivating environment where kids feel inspired to excel.

To find out more information about School of Rock, please visit www.schoolofrock.com. For more information about Zappanale, please visit http://www.zappanale.de/. To make a pledge and support the Z-team in traveling to Germany, please visit http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/soratzappanale.

ABOUT SCHOOL OF ROCK
School of Rock is an ingenious concept that gets kids and adults rocking out and performing with their peers. With more than 17,000 students at 140 locations in eight countries, the franchise proves that rock and roll is alive and kickin. For more information about the franchise opportunity, please visit http://franchising.schoolofrock.com/.

Company Contact Information
Teddi Weigel
www.fishmanpr.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:02 am 

Bad weather spell has killed one guy in Amsterdam and given much trouble all over the country.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:08 am 

Batten down the hatches BBP the far north of NZ's getting lashed by yet another one in fifty year storm, roofs off, power off, wide spread flooding etc etc, this is about the third big one in the last five years....but there is no climate change...yeah right.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:11 am 

tweedle-douche wrote:
Meanwhile, tweedle-dumb is STILL in total denial about the unemployment rate not being even remotely accurate, since it doesn't include people looking for work who aren't on Government benefits or who have quit looking for work out of despair. Nor does he realize that the Labor Force Participation Rate is the lowest it's been in US history since March of 1978 (give or take a few very minor increases of between 1/10 - 4/10 of a percent, non consecutively). As of June 2014, the rate is still at 62.8%. And not to mention, there are more people on food stamps and welfare than EVER before...

Meanwhile, tweedle-douche can't accept the FACT that leveling out and increases are infinitely better than what the Libertarian/Republican controlled gov't (all three branches plus the courts) caused and left for the next guy who inherited nearly a lost jobs rate of a million per month, a crumbling housing market with a massive loss of value turned into a boom market with low supply and high demand, more than doubled the Dow, passed health care reform that is already saving patients costs with better care and more coverage...all despite the do nothing Libertarian/Republican controlled Congress that hasn't passed a single jobs bill.

tweedle-douche is also incapable of accepting the FACT that of course the Libertarian/Republican controlled entire gov't created the worst market crash since the Great Depression, so naturally there would be more people on food stamps and welfare. Just blame it on the black guy. Also 70% of those who are on food stamps and welfare are in Republican/Libertarian controlled districts.
http://www.nationalmemo.com/the-gop-is- ... amp-party/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 am 

Spacebrother, you're through, you're history.
Cool...
This forum without those two twats is like tinseltown rebellion after skipping panty rap and the dance contest.
TT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:13 am 

Tech Company That May Not Exist Is Worth $5 Billion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10/cynk-technology-stock_n_5573862.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370 ... 379  Next