Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Brexit factor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:34 pm 

Brexit is gonna go on and on. And it may never happen.
Here's why...
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/25/12031254/n ... article-50

Post subject: Re: Brexit factor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:45 pm 

When the markets continue to collapse this week and people start weighing the international security risk this puts the allied nations into, as a result of the Brexit vote, they'll overturn it. They've already raised more than enough signatures for a re-vote in a matter of hours after the Brexit votes passage.

This vote has helped to expose who the real low IQ right wing Nationalist Neo-Nazi racist homophobic religious fanatic fascists are, at least here in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:08 pm 

From what I have read, the Scots or Irish can also veto the exit.

I find it very intriguing. Cameron did not do shit to prepare for a Brexit victory, so there is no plan for dealing with the Article 50 procedure. He's taking a hike and letting the next Prime Minister deal with it. It's like he is completely flabbergasted that such thing could happen, perhaps because he was assured it would not.

This vote is much more trustworthy since it is paper ballot. A lot of Brexiters, (again, from what I've read) brought their own black ink pens to mark their vote with, to eliminate the possibility of their vote being "rubbed out". I expect that Briton will see an influx of Diebold-style voting machines in the near future.

The elites, the banks, the corporations...they are all taking hits on this and it's big money lost. I revel in the thought of it myself, having seen and known serious poverty in the shadow of tremendous wealth. This vote is a stick in Rothchild's eye, and it had to happen now, because sooner or later the European Union would have heavily armed forces under their directive, which is the last knell of death for the rights of States.

This is a huge punch in the face of the globalist cabal. The elites are attempting to churn cultures together for their own benefit and profit, and the people are deciding that, no, we want borders. If the flood of immigrant refugees from the EU-blessed Syrian conflict had never arrived inside the Eurozone, this Brexit vote might have failed. My goodness, Britons want to be what Britons are...who would have guessed that?

So now, we have moanings from eight other EU members about leaving. The shit is crashing, and it's every country for itself!

Hey, don't think Texit or Calexit couldn't happen here. Those economies rate right up there with some of the largest economies in the world. If they wished to, they could make it on their own. But, they can't leave anyway, given the big Federal gun pointed at their hearts.

Really cool, though...Brexit. A victory for human beings and a clear defeat for the reptiles.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:21 pm 

...so basically, you side with the Nationalist Neo-Nazi Brexit supporters. Figures...and not-at-all surprising. :roll:

A sharp spike in racist incidents reported after the Brexit vote

After Thursday's referendum on a "Brexit," a wave of racist incidents have been reported to British police and documented in widely shared social media posts. Through the weekend, #Postrefracism has been trending, and its contents provide a disheartening view of how Britain's vote to leave the European Union may be emboldening those who harbor virulent racist sentiments.

Police in west London were investigating what they called a "racially motivated" attack against the Polish Social and Cultural Association. Poles make up the largest foreign-born population in the United Kingdom. The organization's building was apparently defaced with graffiti that said, "Go home."

In Cambridgeshire, leaflets were apparently distributed with “Leave the EU/No more Polish vermin” written in both English and Polish.

Those campaigning for a Brexit offered clear assurances that a new immigration system would not affect E.U. citizens already living in Britain: “There will be no change for EU citizens already lawfully resident in the UK,” the campaign noted on its website. But despite the assurances, many immigrants to Britain are unsure of their future.

Racism isn't exactly an unexpected outcome of the victory for the Brexit camp at the polls, either. Nigel Farage, the leader of the U.K. Independence Party (UKIP) and the most hard-line proponent of a Brexit, has spoken of the "n----- vote" and told reporters that he would use a racist slang term to refer to Chinese restaurants. But he and other "Brexiteers" have said that their concerns are about increasing immigration flows perceived as coming at the expense of the British-born and have nothing to do with prejudice.

Britain's massively popular tabloids have done little to calm the public's nerves over immigration, often resorting to blatant scaremongering and race-baiting. Below is a compilation of dozens of tabloid fronts doing so.

What follows is a harrowing sampling of Twitter posts detailing specific incidents..........

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-s ... li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:55 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Trump for president!!
jaypfunk wrote:
...so basically, you side with the Nationalist Neo-Nazi Brexit supporters. Figures...and not-at-all surprising. :roll:

Not to mention Dinah Moe Hum. But I prefer Camarillo Brillo. At least the early George Duke versions.
Blessed Relief is gorgeous. The poster where he is sitting on the toilet and Gail's father. Plus, Ralph Humphries. Still, Ian Underwood whipped it out, didn't he?

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
How could anyone vote for a Democrat in this day and age???

jaypfunk wrote:
Only an idiot would vote for a Republican !!!

It was the aug '73 show. But I remember hearing Stinkfoot for the first time. The solo was shorter than Big Swifty.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:24 pm 

Never saw him live, myself.

He would have been for Brexit, though... :mrgreen:

Know that...heh!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:33 pm 

^^ Unfortunately I never saw him live, either. Heard a lot of bootlegs, though.

deuce wrote:
it may never happen.

Interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:41 pm 

Just about time to start up the bluesmobile
8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:51 pm 

Another Brexit. Go Iceland!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm 

Gary Varvel

Cristina Sampalo

Rayma Suprani

Marian Kamensky

Hajo de Reijger

Patrick Chappatte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:06 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Really cool, though...Brexit. A victory for human beings and a clear defeat for the reptiles.
Some of the stupidest crap I've ever heard in my life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:32 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Trump for president!!

Make Britain Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:33 pm 

You're welcome, polydigm.