The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:46 pm 

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:02 am 

Lather might not be a bad first buy, in some ways. It represents almost all of Frank's sides in the 70's and is diverse as hell. I know a guy who thought Zappa was a novelty act until hearing that album. Now he loves him!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:57 am 

PlasticRepublicanBastard wrote:
Evil Scum has Entered the Forum!

Congressmen used to kiss babies. Then I ran for congress. The average Republican is actually 33% Slime (55% Sludge 22% Guts 0% Intellegence (Look at the Presedent) ), and therefore unfit to kiss the average baby without giving it a heart attack, or causing fatal damage to the soft skin. Sadly :cry: I Will Never Be Able to Kiss A Baby! No sane mother would let me if i tried. iGive people bad dreams, and iHave joined the forum

If you want to get serious (blech who wants that!) I am not Republican *everybody on forum breathes releif* as I am not 55% Sludge. If I was, I most likely wouldn't be here. I am a Zappa fan, but I am new to this. I first heard Frank on a record that my Dad had packed away. The somewhat rare MOTHERMANIA: THE BEST OF THE MOTHERS, and I loved it. I now own FREAK OUT!, JOE'S GARAGE, and ROXY + ELSEWHERE, and I ordered WE'RE ONLY IN IT FOR THE MONEY. I LOVED Freak Out, LIKED Roxy and LIKED Joe, but not as much (I Can't Exactly Play THAT many Sexual Lyrics Around Here--Hense I have no Flo + Eddie). So anyway the point of this is (There's a Point!?)
A) To Introduce Myself
B) To Ask What Zappa to Get
Onto point B, The Music I Play (That ISN'T Zappa) is usually Progressive Rock like Yes, Pink Floyd, and ELP (Love the Sound of a Synthesiser!). I haven't got an infinite heavenly bank account, and am only after (for now) ONE (Single) ALBUM. Thank You for Your Time, and I'm glad to be the newest forum member!

EDIT
1st Title (Changed Quickly): Evil Scum Wants to Buy Zappa
2nd Title: Evil Scum Wants to Listen to Zappa
3rd Title: Evil Republican Scum Likes Frank Zappa

I smell a rat, why would he know of the contents or even the names of Flo and Eddie (are they that famous in america that a republican knows what he's up for even before he hears them) and whats with the heavenly bank account quote he didn't say he had YAWYI :? this is old but I think he's yanken somthing around hear :twisted: hook line and shrinker.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:11 am 

otto wrote:
...I smell a rat, why would he know of the contents or even the names of Flo and Eddie (are they that famous in america that a republican knows what he's up for even before he hears them) and whats with the heavenly bank account quote he didn't say he had YAWYI :? this is old but I think he's yanken somthing around hear :twisted: hook line and shrinker.

Well if he's a Republican it smells like rat no matter what albums he owns or what lyrics he can recite...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:22 am 

SwaggartDecisions wrote:
otto wrote:
...I smell a rat, why would he know of the contents or even the names of Flo and Eddie (are they that famous in america that a republican knows what he's up for even before he hears them) and whats with the heavenly bank account quote he didn't say he had YAWYI :? this is old but I think he's yanken somthing around hear :twisted: hook line and shrinker.

Well if he's a Republican it smells like rat no matter what albums he owns or what lyrics he can recite...

It's like he's trying to be the perfect stranger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:20 am 

Zappa was certainly anti-Republican, but also an irritant to Tipper Gore and a hippie mocker - pretty much an equal opportunity criticizer, I'd say. I think people should try to avoid "hating" Republicans or Democrats or any other group, hate is a strong (and wrong) emotion that clouds judgement (I've seen visceral hatred of Bush make people absolutely irrational, for instance).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:13 am 

hrtshpdbox wrote:
... (I've seen visceral hatred of Bush make people absolutely irrational, for instance).

But, certainly not on this forum, right?.....I said, "RIGHT??"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:31 am 

massagio wrote:
I hate fucking republicans! :evil:

Exceptions to every rule: ronpaul2008 dot com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:33 pm 

massagio wrote:
I hate fucking republicans! :evil:

I have quite enjoyed fucking some republicans.

I should compose an introductory thread.