Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:34 am 

This may sound quite stupid, but I'm need some techno help. In a thread, people are responding to a specific line in someone else's reply, and I am not sure how to do that. The previous statements that someone made are outlined in a box with "Bob wrote:", and below that "John wrote:" and so on until the person who is adding a response adds his answer to the previous quotes in the box. Sorry I can't explain this any easier. How do I do that? I don't want to experiment, and in the process trash someone's thread, I would rather do it right the first time.

Also, how are people putting pictures in threads, such at the "Pic Association"? I love these things, and the people who are responding to them with pictures are totally impressing me with their wit. It's obvious that some of the pics that are in these threads came from the personal collections of the authors, and not from some spot on the net.

Thanks, in advance, for your extremely detailed instructions, and for making my already wonderful experience on this forum even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:40 am 

In the subject area atop everyone's posts there are dinky little buttons that say 'Quote.' Once you click quote it will bring you to the 'post reply' screen but you'll see someone elses message in the '[quote]' parameters, there you can edit their post down to a single line (if need be) and reply to it specifically.

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:23 am 

Punky64 wrote:
Also, how are people putting pictures in threads, such at the "Pic Association"? I love these things, and the people who are responding to them with pictures are totally impressing me with their wit. It's obvious that some of the pics that are in these threads came from the personal collections of the authors, and not from some spot on the net.

Thanks, in advance, for your extremely detailed instructions, and for making my already wonderful experience on this forum even better.

There's a pretty good FAQ section you might want to check out. Here's a link to the answer for the question you're asking.

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/faq.php#24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:39 pm 
Banned

Punky64 wrote:
This may sound quite stupid, but I'm need some techno help. In a thread, people are responding to a specific line in someone else's reply, and I am not sure how to do that. The previous statements that someone made are outlined in a box with "Bob wrote:", and below that "John wrote:" and so on until the person who is adding a response adds his answer to the previous quotes in the box. Sorry I can't explain this any easier. How do I do that? I don't want to experiment, and in the process trash someone's thread, I would rather do it right the first time.

Having a brain would be a good start.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:16 am 

zombie1210 wrote:

Don't be mean! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:13 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
Punky64 wrote:

Not caring for zombies too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:31 am 

Don't zombies eat brains? Perhaps he has an ulterior motive here....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:54 am 

zombie1210 wrote:

It’s so nice to meet such friendly people out in the world. It really gives me hope that maybe the world does have a chance. May I say that I appreciate your kind words, and your thoughtfulness. Have yourself a wonderful day, sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:24 am 

Punky64 wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:

It’s so nice to meet such friendly people out in the world. It really gives me hope that maybe the world does have a chance. May I say that I appreciate your kind words, and your thoughtfulness. Have yourself a wonderful day, sir.
dont pay any attention to that piece of shit, he has no life and must come on here to have any interaction with people and then takes out his anger about his on shortcomings ( :wink: ) on to other people

show's about
To begin...

www.hyperfunkalicious.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 am 

ModifiedDog wrote:
Punky64 wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:

dont pay any attention to that piece of shit, he has no life and must come on here to have any interaction with people and then takes out his anger about his on shortcomings ( :wink: ) on to other people

Oh no, you have him all wrong. Mr. Zombie is a very nice fellow. If there were more people like him in the World, tHere would be less crime, murder, and wAr. Trees would not be cut down. Animals would not go extinct. TheRe would be no global warmIng. EverythinG would just be so nice. I know that He was jusT kidding around. After all, we all have one thing in Common here, which makes Us all special. We all love oNe of the greatest musical arTists that ever lived, Frank Zappa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:53 am 

nice! but you still havent got the quote thing down yet, huh? hit quote buttom and then put your cursor after this : [/quote]

EDIT: I see you fixed before i posted this, bravo!!

show's about
To begin...

www.hyperfunkalicious.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:00 pm 

Punky64 wrote:
zombie1210 wrote:

Thats the ticket - kill him with kindness...! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:41 am 

The only way to kill a zombie is to go for the head, fortunately his is full of hot air so it shouldn't be too hard.

Stream my music here.