Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 am
Posts: 7
Location: La Britanica
Hello all Zappatiers of this forum...

Just came past again, after visiting the ZPZ concert in London this week and thought what the He, lets join that wicked forum.
A little bout me.. Dutchie living in UK - zappa fan from 91- never saw the man in real life... (bummer) came very close and shook Dweezils hand in Sheppards Bush, so I can say I actually came as close as I could.
Love Zappa's instrumental/jazzy music - but great fan of his more topical filmore east and WOIFTM amongst others

next to that I am not very keen on present USA politics (shut some doors with this remark) not so keen on present UK politics (shut some more doors) and well, presently not so keen with the world as it is! but fuck it, we have to deal with it somehow!

oh yeah, some basics:
33 - maried - 1 kid - full time employed - how boring can you get!
(but secretly i also collect teabags...)

Hiho Silver... Away!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:13 am
Posts: 2271
Location: englandia
welcome to our den of iniquity!
i was at shepherds bush too, and shook dweezil's hand too! :)

_________________
''minimart - it's basically a scaled-down supermarket, fits inside a petrol station. sells pies, antifreeze..''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 am
Posts: 7
Location: La Britanica
timm0 wrote:
welcome to our den of iniquity!
i was at shepherds bush too, and shook dweezil's hand too! :)


yikes! was that before or after me! :shock: :) :)

the show was great wasn't it !! (retorical question most probably!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:13 am
Posts: 2271
Location: englandia
i was one of the last to shake his hand i think, i leant over someone and dweeze smiled and obliged :mrgreen:

show was indeed a knock-out, as they say in the trade!
''see you next year'' as the man said!

_________________
''minimart - it's basically a scaled-down supermarket, fits inside a petrol station. sells pies, antifreeze..''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5437
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Greetings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 10:40 am
Posts: 2543
Nice to meet you Mecker, how's it going?

_________________
Download my music here.

Stream my music here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 3134
Welcome!
" they're serving burgers in the back. If you go for burgers . . . They got some burgers in this place, when you open 'em up, y'know you hold'em like this and go way in the back where no one can see you. Some people eat them that way,"
FZ 13feb69

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
punky......I Love Your Quote!! Thats my favorite off of JG. Like hardway vers. also!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Meckerpacker wrote:
Hello all Zappatiers of this forum...

Just came past again, after visiting the ZPZ concert in London this week and thought what the He, lets join that wicked forum.
A little bout me.. Dutchie living in UK - zappa fan from 91- never saw the man in real life... (bummer) came very close and shook Dweezils hand in Sheppards Bush, so I can say I actually came as close as I could.
Love Zappa's instrumental/jazzy music - but great fan of his more topical filmore east and WOIFTM amongst others

next to that I am not very keen on present USA politics (shut some doors with this remark) not so keen on present UK politics (shut some more doors) and well, presently not so keen with the world as it is! but fuck it, we have to deal with it somehow!

oh yeah, some basics:
33 - maried - 1 kid - full time employed - how boring can you get!
(but secretly i also collect teabags...)

Hiho Silver... Away!
Hey Mecker whats up with the teabags?

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18126
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Crudblud wrote:
Nice to meet you Mecker, how's it going?

Were you prepared to meet your Mecker?

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:13 am
Posts: 2271
Location: englandia
just plain doug wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
Nice to meet you Mecker, how's it going?

Were you prepared to meet your Mecker?


you must always face Mecker when you pray..

_________________
''minimart - it's basically a scaled-down supermarket, fits inside a petrol station. sells pies, antifreeze..''


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 am
Posts: 7
Location: La Britanica
That is defintely south bound... seven and a half times a day!

Thanks guys and poodles.. have been stroilling the forum a bite more, and by golly, you are a bunch of freaks!

it takes the mind of finding yet that imacculate Cylon Bendang teabag limited edition from Pickwick... aaaargh... anyone!??

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
Meckerpacker wrote:
That is defintely south bound... seven and a half times a day!

Thanks guys and poodles.. have been stroilling the forum a bite more, and by golly, you are a bunch of freaks!

it takes the mind of finding yet that imacculate Cylon Bendang teabag limited edition from Pickwick... aaaargh... anyone!??

8)


Sorry Mecker. I only use loose tea. Usually Brooks Red Label or perhaps Taj Mahal. Sometimes a little Darjeeling thrown into the mix. I'm surprised you don't drink java. Turn on the coffee mecker!

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 3134
"Would you like fries with that --<gulp>-- tea, sir?"

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 am
Posts: 7
Location: La Britanica
sabrinaIII wrote:
Meckerpacker wrote:
That is defintely south bound... seven and a half times a day!

Thanks guys and poodles.. have been stroilling the forum a bite more, and by golly, you are a bunch of freaks!

it takes the mind of finding yet that imacculate Cylon Bendang teabag limited edition from Pickwick... aaaargh... anyone!??

8)


Sorry Mecker. I only use loose tea. Usually Brooks Red Label or perhaps Taj Mahal. Sometimes a little Darjeeling thrown into the mix. I'm surprised you don't drink java. Turn on the coffee mecker!


Hi Sabrina.. NRIII
Teabags! Only teabags! what more is as elegant and seductive as a teabag... not those new pyramids of course.. they are tacky and commercial! no the square, hip, colorful teabags those are my middle class dream...


wanna buy some mandies bob??

:roll:


Last edited by Meckerpacker on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:48 am
Posts: 7
Location: La Britanica
timm0 wrote:
i was one of the last to shake his hand i think, i leant over someone and dweeze smiled and obliged :mrgreen:

show was indeed a knock-out, as they say in the trade!
''see you next year'' as the man said!


How cool was it that the audience stayed in and clapped the whole time through! lot's of oldies staying as well... must have been great for Dweezil to have such audience. Great hommage to his father!
(i even tried stamping my feet, but nobody went along, so i started to lool like a freaking rabbit pounding his one foot (like that rabbit from Bamby...) so i stopped that... )

Great great and definitely next year again!

(bought three dvd's from zappa concerts after the show... I already had Baby Snakes, but now bought two more.. Barcalona and .... shite, forgot, will see which when it arrives!)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group