All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Howdy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:44 am 

FZ Fan since 79

First show 5/2/80.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:20 pm 

Hi!

Welcome to the forum. My first show was 2/28/79.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:26 pm 

Hello.

My first show - never happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:45 am 

Me too, Cal. :(

Welome ebick....help yourself to cookies and milk. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:52 am 

Me three.

You're a long way from home
Welcome to the Pleasuredome

Post subject: long time listener
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:31 pm 

long time listener,
first time poster

in my freshman year in high school, '78 '79 I woke up two nights in a row to "Titties and Beer" on KZEL radio "Oregon's State Rock!"

The next day my best friend says "listen to this 8-track I borrowed" and the first song to come on was Titties and Beer. It was Live in New York.

That was too cosmic to ignore. My friend and I instantly became life long Zappa Zealots. We had come up with that term ourselves, and then when we saw Frank the first or second time, the Program talked about Zealous Zappa fans. A perfect Zappa Moment!

After listening for just a littel bit I realized that Frank was more then dirty funny lyrics, he was one of the best guitar players out there, And then I fell in love with his writing and classical appraoch to rock and roll. He didn't try to patch together "CLASSICAL" and "ROCK" the way some folks do, but he was inventing whole new voices.

The first album I bought was "Apostrophe", So when I fist saw Frank in Eugene's MacAurhtur Court in 1980 and he opened the show with "Dont Eat the Yellow" snow it was another Zappa Perfect Moment.

Just like when he closed the show with what was already my favorite Zappa solo, Watermelon in Easter hey. To this day I think that is arguabley the saddest piece of musice ever written, Joe playing his very last imaginary guitar solo. :cry:

And one day while listening to a Zappa radio show on KBVR radio, a caller asked the host DJ why he "listen this stuff" "what do hear in it" and the DJ replied "I like it because it's good sing along music." My freind and I cracked up because we were constantly singing Zappa lyrics, even we weren't playing any music. If we went on a trip with out a tape player we would just sing Zappa lyrics anyways!

so I am glad to be a member, I hope this is a cool board, I really haven't looked around much yet,

I would like to learn even more about Frank's Music. I am a amature bass play/guitar player, who is spending several hours a week in the woodshed, so hopefull when I get to old to work I can suppliment my SS income with a free beer and a sandwich at the local pub once or twice a week... or make a million off writing and selling *SPAM*. one or the other...

areety arighty

cy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:59 pm 

Hi cy!
that's a mighty good lookin appliance you got there!
:wink:
take a look around. Lots of nutty folks here.
some know a lot, some act like it, like any group.
I call it a FINE heap of disshevell and some pretty zealous Zappa freaks too

Post subject: Re: long time listener
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:37 am 

cy wrote:
long time listener,
first time poster

in my freshman year in high school, '78 '79 I woke up two nights in a row to "Titties and Beer" on KZEL radio "Oregon's State Rock!"

The next day my best friend says "listen to this 8-track I borrowed" and the first song to come on was Titties and Beer. It was Live in New York.

That was too cosmic to ignore. My friend and I instantly became life long Zappa Zealots. We had come up with that term ourselves, and then when we saw Frank the first or second time, the Program talked about Zealous Zappa fans. A perfect Zappa Moment!

After listening for just a littel bit I realized that Frank was more then dirty funny lyrics, he was one of the best guitar players out there, And then I fell in love with his writing and classical appraoch to rock and roll. He didn't try to patch together "CLASSICAL" and "ROCK" the way some folks do, but he was inventing whole new voices.

The first album I bought was "Apostrophe", So when I fist saw Frank in Eugene's MacAurhtur Court in 1980 and he opened the show with "Dont Eat the Yellow" snow it was another Zappa Perfect Moment.

Just like when he closed the show with what was already my favorite Zappa solo, Watermelon in Easter hey. To this day I think that is arguabley the saddest piece of musice ever written, Joe playing his very last imaginary guitar solo. :cry:

And one day while listening to a Zappa radio show on KBVR radio, a caller asked the host DJ why he "listen this stuff" "what do hear in it" and the DJ replied "I like it because it's good sing along music." My freind and I cracked up because we were constantly singing Zappa lyrics, even we weren't playing any music. If we went on a trip with out a tape player we would just sing Zappa lyrics anyways!

so I am glad to be a member, I hope this is a cool board, I really haven't looked around much yet,

I would like to learn even more about Frank's Music. I am a amature bass play/guitar player, who is spending several hours a week in the woodshed, so hopefull when I get to old to work I can suppliment my SS income with a free beer and a sandwich at the local pub once or twice a week... or make a million off writing and selling *SPAM*. one or the other...

areety arighty

cy

Welcome cy, Another 40 something Zappa fan to enter the posts!!......GC

Post subject: Re: Howdy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:44 am 

ebick wrote:
FZ Fan since 79

First show 5/2/80.

Hello ebick. Every new poster in the Zappa Forum has a "forum buddy" and I was assigned to you. Please don't hesistate if you have any questions...........
we are here to help you.........GC