Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:21 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
I really like your paintings. vibrant stuff.

:arrow: .robert mehling

gail; check him out. make him an offer to paint a zappa cd cover.

HJ wrote:
I guess he won't mind a link:

Really some interesting series he has! So check his web site.

OMG there are many better paintings on his website.
This guy really rocks :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:37 am 

polydigm wrote:
Joe Blow wrote:
The quote function doesn't seem work very well with my Mac, OK?

Actually, the quotes in your posts are correctly formatted. You need to click on the Profile link at the top of the forum page and then scroll down to the preferences section and where it says Always allow BBCode: select Yes then scroll down to the bottom and click Submit.

Not that I will post any more here but thanks anyway, polydigm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 am 
Banned

Haywood Joe Blow Me? wrote:
Not that I will post any more here but thanks anyway, polydigm.

I'll believe it when I don't see it,.........Chump. :roll:

Post subject: Re: Follow up
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:57 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
robert mehling
gail; check him out. make him an offer to paint a zappa cd cover.

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Yeah, Gail, that is an order from Lumpy Gravy, you better do it....

gail; check him out. make him an offer to paint a zappa cd cover. please?

is that better, mr. g.g.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:19 am 

nice art robert, do a zappa album cover & send it to gail

how many copyright infringements can you find ¿

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ©2008 slime.o.set

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Music is the Best!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:25 pm 

Maroual wrote:
By the way, I think MeaSaurus do not deserve being called a fanatic

Different Species

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:52 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Maroual wrote:

Different Species

I'm probably going to regret this, but why don't you explain this. MeaSaurus came here and told us about a book he had written and asked a simple question. Why did you then feel the need to refer to him in such an insulting manner?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:50 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Maroual wrote:

Different Species

I'm probably going to regret this, but why don't you explain this. MeaSaurus came here and told us about a book he had written and asked a simple question. Why did you then feel the need to refer to him in such an insulting manner?

Did not read his book but the ME probability of any given fanatical representation or write it and weapage falls at some point of the geometrical graph as had been previously explained.

Skeptasaurus and the many species of MeASaureus and or grammatical manipulations as such all fall or lie at variant plot points.

In thinking of the FZ quote "David Walley is a tragic case" there is no need to wonder what coordinates that witter occupied when he wrote his unauthorized biography of Frank that he called No Commercial Potential.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:05 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Maroual wrote:

Different Species

Did not read his book but the ME probability of any given fanatical representation or write it and weapage falls at some point of the geometrical graph as had been previously explained.

Skeptasaurus and the many species of MeASaureus and or grammatical manipulations as such all fall or lie at variant plot points.

In thinking of the FZ quote "David Walley is a tragic case" there is no need to wonder what coordinates that witter occupied when he wrote his unauthorized biography of Frank that he called No Commercial Potential.

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:21 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Maroual wrote:

Different Species

"Did not read his book "... And that's all I had to read to place zero value on anything you wrote after it, even if I could understand what the hell you typed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:23 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Maroual wrote:

Different Species

Did you read the first post of this thread or do you have as much trouble reading English as you do writing it? Your comments sound like insane babblings and have nothing to do with the book that MeaSaurus says he has written. This convinces me that you really are just a troll.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:31 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

We know who the real fanatic is here.....don't try to project yourself on others.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:09 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

You have completely lost it now. Insane babblings. :roll: "geometrical graph as had been previously explained" - you are having a breakdown, right? Here's geometry for you:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 am 

HJ wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

You have completely lost it now. Insane babblings. :roll: "geometrical graph as had been previously explained" - you are having a breakdown, right?

Hey if you did not grasp the geometric analytical parameters I had described earlier in this topic that is just what it is. If you want to grasp that go back and try it again and if not that is fine too but one thing I can tell you is the "How can I " as questioned in the topic heading could very well be any of the many Measaurus out there.

What's next some world wide Green Screen technique with thousands of in the ballpark musicians and former executives taking turns snorting detergent and plooking each other as they somehow ME ME ME ME, ME ME ME Measaureously represent Joe's Garage .

polydigm wrote:
Did you read the first post of this thread or do you have as much trouble reading English as you do writing it? Your comments sound like insane babblings and have nothing to do with the book that MeaSaurus says he has written. This convinces me that you really are just a troll.

The answer to the general question is elementary but how many people get a response as to how, when, where and why is by no means definitively defined. On can ask but getting official approval by no means is guaranteed. Regardless of if this book is good enough to get some Official Stamp of Approval, become some Tragic Case historic ME ME ME Measaureous pootage or place itrslef of some other geometrical plot point of the ME ME ME ME it puts the general question under the microscope more so than this particular book,

Factually speaking David Walley wrote an Unauthorized Biography of FZ and at one point in time Frank Zappa directly stated 'David Walley is a tragic case"

It's not that I want to drag a deceased writers name in the mud but this is a fine example to the question. Sometimes a historical response to these type of questions regarding Official FZ approval more than the logical general answer to the question. Take for example any President of the USA he gets lots of letters and questions but by no means does he personally answer every one of these letters and questions.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:45 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:40 am 

When I read you posts, I do weep. Tears of regret.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:28 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
HJ wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:

You have completely lost it now. Insane babblings. :roll: "geometrical graph as had been previously explained" - you are having a breakdown, right?

Hey if you did not grasp the geometric analytical parameters I had described earlier in this topic that is just what it is. If you want to grasp that go back and try it again and if not that is fine too but one thing I can tell you is the "How can I " as questioned in the topic heading could very well be any of the many Measaurus out there.

What's next some world wide Green Screen technique with thousands of in the ballpark musicians and former executives taking turns snorting detergent and plooking each other as they somehow ME ME ME ME, ME ME ME Measaureously represent Joe's Garage .

polydigm wrote:

The answer to the general question is elementary but how many people get a response as to how, when, where and why is by no means definitively defined. On can ask but getting official approval by no means is guaranteed. Regardless of if this book is good enough to get some Official Stamp of Approval, become some Tragic Case historic ME ME ME Measaureous pootage or place itrslef of some other geometrical plot point of the ME ME ME ME it puts the general question under the microscope more so than this particular book,

Factually speaking David Walley wrote an Unauthorized Biography of FZ and at one point in time Frank Zappa directly stated 'David Walley is a tragic case"

It's not that I want to drag a deceased writers name in the mud but this is a fine example to the question. Sometimes a historical response to these type of questions regarding Official FZ approval more than the logical general answer to the question. Take for example any President of the USA he gets lots of letters and questions but by no means does he personally answer every one of these letters and questions.

Sorry, but this is just drooling, magnetic-words-dropped-on-a-metal-tray, frightening drivel. You really have surpassed yourself. The poor bloke just wants to ask Gail if he can quote an FZ song or two in a book, and you respond by spouting irrelevant nonsense about unauthorised biographies and insult him by comparing him to your mythical fankaskeptafuckoffsaurus. Trendmonger, not only are your posts horribly sanctimonious, they're an affront to the English language. Frankly, you're insulting us all by expecting us to read them. Move beyond GZ's crypto-babble mindset and think for yourself. Clarity! It helps a lot. It wouldn't make the content of your posts any less offensive, though.

Apologies for the ranting and duplication, all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:56 am 

mil wrote:
The poor bloke just wants to ask Gail if he can quote an FZ song or two in a book.......

I think the writer can wait in line like anyone who wants to quote Frank for a book to be published. Hmm I wonder where he got the idea to DINO the ME ME ME ME ME.

Anybody can write a book but if you choose to quote some artist get in line and wait for permission. I wonder how many people are waiting to hear from George Bush as to why he looks so much like Alfred E. Neumann and why his version of some real life MAD Character continues to turn America into some wasteland for a North American Federation.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:23 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
mil wrote:
The poor bloke just wants to ask Gail if he can quote an FZ song or two in a book.......

Anybody can write a book but if you choose to quote some artist get in line and wait for permission.

I'm not disputing that at all. I was disputing the relevance and legibility of your insulting, gibberish response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:04 pm 

How dare Trendmonger call anyone a fanatic ESPECIALLY in regards to Frank Zappa. And if quoting someone (with proper citation by the way) is a crime, then your mangled plagiarisms should have you behind bars.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:33 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
mil wrote:
Hmm I wonder where he got the idea to DINO the ME ME ME ME ME.

Is that what all this is about? You think he might be ripping you off?
    :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:47 am 

There's a large clothing store in Australia called Dangerfield that print Frank Zappa t shirts all the time. I don't think they get permission or licensing either. I wonder what would Gail would do to them if she knew, ha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:53 am 

Today I received the following email notice from my publisher:

Quote:
For the period from November 1, 2007 to April 30, 2008 we have not been
paid for any orders. Your next statement will be issued on January
31, 2009.

Not one copy sold through Rose Dog Books. I know my cousin bought one from Amazon, so I could see a check yet, but sales have not been good.

But I see some of you Zappaphiles found my web site. Thats good. Exposure helps but doesn't pay the rent on my trailer. Glad for the thumbs up though. Look me up on art bistro for higher rez photos of my paintings than on my own site. Nice of some of you to suggest I do a cover for Gail (and I would be happy to) but why would she want me while Cal Shenkel is alive and closer?

One of you (who stated that he had not read my book) started rambling about the title, so I'm going to explicate with a quote from the books preface:

Quote:
The title of this book may seem a little obscure. Let me explain. “Mea saurus” is from the Latin. The penitent ancient Roman (Christian) would beat his breast three times and say, “Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa” (It’s my fault, it’s my fault, it is very much my fault). [4] Usually that was what he said. However, he may have sought penance by saying these alternative words: “Mea saurus, mea saurus, mea maxima saurus” (I’m a lizard, I’m a lizard, I’m the biggest lizard). Since very few of us are taught Latin anymore today (me included), we find the “mea saurus” incomprehensibly bizarre and totally unrelated to the “mea culpa” still used by lawyers, but to the ancient Roman, “mea saurus” meant essentially the same thing. How is this possible?
It is because the connotation of the Greek word “saurus” has drastically shifted over the last one hundred fifty years, and we essentially have one man, the Victorian scientist Sir Richard Owen, to thank for that. He is the person responsible for pairing deinos (terrible) with saurus (lizard) and coining the term “dinosaur.” Ever since, the utterance of the Greco-Roman word for lizard immediately congers up images in our imaginations of extinct creatures like Apatosaurus and Tyrannosaurus- enormous lizards. This is not the only instance where science has redefined the common meaning of a word. For example, “primate” used to mean “archbishop,” but thanks to science, it now means, “ape.”
Modern Americans think of lizards as pets kept in terrariums, but to the ancient Greeks and Romans, they were nuisance pests. Creatures like podarcis, the common wall lizard, were the cockroaches of the ancient Mediterranean world. All reptiles (and amphibians, which they did not recognize as distinct) were regarded as despicable, literally “creepy-crawly” things (the word “reptile” is from the Latin reptilis, creeping). Today, spiders and centipedes better fit our definition of “vermin” than lizards, but the ancients found all such creatures repulsive. Therefore, when ancient Romans called themselves lizards, they were branding themselves with an extremely humiliating and self-depreciating term. Armed with this information, we can reconstruct the original meaning: “I’m a creep, I’m a creep, I’m an enormously despicable creep,” not “I’m a great big dinosaur!” I chose “mea saurus” over “mea culpa” as the title of my confession deliberately because I get a kick out of such etymological and semantic confusions.

HEY! CHECK OUT ONE OF MY LATEST PAINTINGS:
http://www.artbistro.com/account/photos/view_photo/614081

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:15 am 
Banned

MeaSaurus wrote:
.....why would she want me while Cal Shenkel is alive and closer?

Because she has burned her bridge with Cal, as she has with so many others whom previously had worked for Frank.

Oh yeah.....Cal lives on the outskirts of Philadelphia. I've met him one time at his home. He was painting in his backyard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:05 am 

Nice website, Robert. I enjoyed your notes on how you managed to make a living with your artwork and how painful it is to have to continue to work a 9 to 5 job when what you want to be doing is creating. I hope the sales on your book pick up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:50 pm 

Wow, Robert, really gorgeous. Are you on deviantart as well?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next