Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:59 am 
Banned

just plain doug wrote:
polydigm wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
Gail's comments make total sense but somehow I can smell jimmy's beard.

What does this mean?

Love?

Actually, it's lovejuice.

.....and who is jimmy???

.....and why is Truthmangler sniffing twat drippings from his beard?

Truthmangler' Lament:

Mother, you had me, but I never had you.
I wanted you, but you didn't want me.

Post subject: Re: Music is the Best!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:05 am 

Joe Blow wrote:
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
I guess, now, any "Joe Blow" can sign up for the forum. 8)
Why do I feel as though I'm at a fake FEMA press conference? :roll:

Yes, Mr jimmy d, that was my first post on this forum. I have, however, for many years followed this forum from a very safe distance. If you are offended by that "anyone can sign up" let me tell you that I have lived and breathed FZs music for over forty years and in all attended 82 concerts. Previously I didn't post for the very simple reason that you so blatantly show - most of the post are silly one-liners and thus often embarrassingly juvenile. If you and most others have bothered to learn more about Frank and his music you wouldn’t have aired your silly opinions and assorted bullshit.

As this thread deals with copyright issues let me remind you all that Frank stated numerous of times that he would prefer his music not to be played at all over being played incorrectly. Further, he certainly did not want anyone else to make money of anything to which he owned the rights. Nor did he want it to be used in a way of which he did not like. I am sure he asked, and/or expect, Gail to continue to protect his artistic treasure in this fashion to the very best of her judgement. The rest of us may not like this policy but that is most likely the way Frank would have liked it. So, when you whine and cry over why not more live concerts are being made available in this or that format please remember that Frank most likely would not have released it without many hours of pasting and cutting in order to take the compositions to a level he believed they deserve. That being said, let me make it perfectly clear that no one, and I mean no one, would love to see more live concerts released than I do. So, Gail, I beg you, pleaeeeeeeese........;)

Joe Blow,

May I first state that it is a breath of fresh air to read forum commentary that is articulated not only which stems from long life experience but gives respect to the artistic intent of the artist.

While Frank Zappa most certainly had a diversity of multifarious compositions all of which minimally never failed to raise some given though provoking response more times than not the comprehention of this work was limited or met with fanatical self indulgent directives. In my mentioning of limiting and fanatical self indulgent directives this could minimally be placed on some Cartesian plane with governmental and media controlled agendas.

As fanatics search for NEW PRODUCT pooting forth with where , when why and how it becomes a fanatical MeAsaueous agenda when it turns from not only a fanatical desire for vault material but turns to publishing and cover band ejectamenta.

So NEW PRODUCT becomes MeAsaurus NEW PRODUCT where the artistic intent of the artist is at some given point on the Cartesian plane.

So there are not only plane coordinated for Official art but all this MeAsaurus stuff needs to be placed in it's own geometrical graph. By no means am I some Scientist of Geography but when applying the basic principles to the MeAsaurus NEW PRODUCT we can see that the true intent of the artist id frequently OFF THE CHART.

Welcome to The Forum
but to make an analogy between the state of this forum and the state of America
to quote George Carlin "BULLSHIT It's Bad For Ya"

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:32 am 

Joe Blow wrote:
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
I guess, now, any "Joe Blow" can sign up for the forum. 8)
Why do I feel as though I'm at a fake FEMA press conference? :roll:

Yes, Mr jimmy d, that was my first post on this forum. I have, however, for many years followed this forum from a very safe distance. If you are offended by that "anyone can sign up" let me tell you that I have lived and breathed FZs music for over forty years and in all attended 82 concerts. Previously I didn't post for the very simple reason that you so blatantly show - most of the post are silly one-liners and thus often embarrassingly juvenile. If you and most others have bothered to learn more about Frank and his music you wouldn’t have aired your silly opinions and assorted bullshit.

As this thread deals with copyright issues let me remind you all that Frank stated numerous of times that he would prefer his music not to be played at all over being played incorrectly. Further, he certainly did not want anyone else to make money of anything to which he owned the rights. Nor did he want it to be used in a way of which he did not like. I am sure he asked, and/or expect, Gail to continue to protect his artistic treasure in this fashion to the very best of her judgement. The rest of us may not like this policy but that is most likely the way Frank would have liked it. So, when you whine and cry over why not more live concerts are being made available in this or that format please remember that Frank most likely would not have released it without many hours of pasting and cutting in order to take the compositions to a level he believed they deserve. That being said, let me make it perfectly clear that no one, and I mean no one, would love to see more live concerts released than I do. So, Gail, I beg you, pleaeeeeeeese........;)

I think you should stick to (yawn) theoretical physics. You are way out of your league here. Anyone who thinks they know what FZ would want today is kidding themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:00 am 

My God. A new "Power Duo": Trendmonger and Joe Blow.

Welcome aboard Joe. BTW: What does "a safe distance" mean, and why would you follow a Forum you don't like?

Trendmonger: "Smelling Jimmy's (sic) beard" - is that beyond the schoolyard game playing you have complained strongly about recently?

Furthermore, what on earth does this really mean:

Trendmonger wrote:
While Frank Zappa most certainly had a diversity of multifarious compositions all of which minimally never failed to raise some given though provoking response more times than not the comprehention of this work was limited or met with fanatical self indulgent directives. In my mentioning of limiting and fanatical self indulgent directives this could minimally be placed on some Cartesian plane with governmental and media controlled agendas.

As fanatics search for NEW PRODUCT pooting forth with where , when why and how it becomes a fanatical MeAsaueous agenda when it turns from not only a fanatical desire for vault material but turns to publishing and cover band ejectamenta.

Is it important that the plane is Cartesian?

In any case, the new hype here, according to this new Power Duo, is to be "mature". Or at least to tell people they are not, when they say something one doesn't like. Ho-hum. Sometimes it is fun to be juvenile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:27 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
(...) In my mentioning of limiting and fanatical self indulgent directives this could minimally be placed on some Cartesian plane with governmental and media controlled agendas.

As fanatics search for NEW PRODUCT pooting forth with where , when why and how it becomes a fanatical MeAsaueous agenda when it turns from not only a fanatical desire for vault material but turns to publishing and cover band ejectamenta. (...)

Could you please explain what you mean by 'agenda' exactly? Is it some kind of order of the day or rather a timetable, schedule, plan or calendar? Isn't it possible to replace it with a synonym?

By the way, I think MeaSaurus do not deserve being called a fanatic nor his name being misspelled. He is just a fan trying to respect the ZFT guidelines and kindly asking for an authorization to add a very few quotes in a text mainly dealing with something else. Methinks you were a bit tough with him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:51 pm 

Maroual wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
As fanatics search for NEW PRODUCT pooting forth with where , when why and how it becomes a fanatical MeAsaueous agenda when it turns from not only a fanatical desire for vault material but turns to publishing and cover band ejectamenta. (...)

I think MeaSaurus do not deserve being called a fanatic nor his name being misspelled. He is just a fan trying to respect the ZFT guidelines and kindly asking for an authorization to add a very few quotes in a text mainly dealing with something else. Methinks you were a bit tough with him.

A bit tough? Trendmonger is turning into the forum's worst arsehole. At one time I thought he was just somewhat pathetic but now he's turning nasty.

The fact is Gail made a post explaining why she didn't give permission to the Chunga's Revenge guy which is the why that I fully understand, but she didn't say anything to address the main topic of the thread itself which is the how. What Jimmie D posted indicates that she does sometimes respond to emails, but she hasn't done that in MeaSaurus's case. She completely ignored him, publicly anyway. Then Trendmonkey comes along and says she explained the why and the how, the latter clearly not being the case.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:08 pm 

j.blowmonger, after learning how to use spellcheck wrote:
...let me remind you all that Frank

...Further, he certainly did not want

...Nor did he want

...I am sure he asked,

...that is most likely the way Frank

...please remember that Frank most likely

...let me make it perfectly clear

same old condescending pomposity...no way you ever saw zappa in concert [frank zappa that is, you know, the guy who played guitar & actually wrote the music, hasn't been around for a few years] ...check out a few frank zappa lp's, read a few interviews, come back and maybe you can actually post something that contributes instead of rambling repetitive mis-informed speculative rants

Post subject: Re: Follow up
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:38 pm 

MeaSaurus wrote:
It's me, Robert Mehling, again. I have a copy of my book in hand. It is now published (March 2008). Even though I believe that my few quotes are "fair use", I asked for copyright permission anyhow from both Gail Zappa and her law firm, but they never replied. I think they ignored me because they figure that my book will probably not be a commercial success. I'm too small a fish to fry. But who knows?

My book isn't about Zappa. It's about my struggle to believe in my religion and the afterlife. It includes Zappa as one of my influences growing up. If anyone reading this is interested in my book, it will be available in about a week (March 10) from Rose Dog Books <http://rosedogbooks-store.stores.yahoo.net/nsearch.html> It's a paperback titled "Mea Saurus, An Artist's Confessions" priced at $18.00. The confessions part details my early sex life and former drug use. I think there is an option to buy an online version for less. It may make interesting reading.

I really like your paintings. vibrant stuff.

:arrow: .robert mehling

gail; check him out. make him an offer to paint a zappa cd cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:30 am 

I guess he won't mind a link:

Really some interesting series he has! So check his web site.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:36 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
j.blowmonger, after learning how to use spellcheck wrote:
...let me remind you all that Frank

...Further, he certainly did not want

...Nor did he want

...I am sure he asked,

...that is most likely the way Frank

...please remember that Frank most likely

...let me make it perfectly clear

same old condescending pomposity...no way you ever saw zappa in concert [frank zappa that is, you know, the guy who played guitar & actually wrote the music, hasn't been around for a few years] ...check out a few frank zappa lp's, read a few interviews, come back and maybe you can actually post something that contributes instead of rambling repetitive mis-informed speculative rants

I, for one, became suspicious when Joe revaled that the number of times he had seen Zappa live. It matched unnervingly the number of times Trendmonger has seen the L. White version of Return to Forever and the A. White version of YES. (The number is 80+.)

Last edited by HJ on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Follow up
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:55 am 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
gail; check him out. make him an offer to paint a zappa cd cover.

Yeah, Gail, that is an order from Lumpy Gravy, you better do it.... :roll:

I feel the very same Polydigm expressed above...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:31 am 

[quote="HJ"]same old condescending pomposity...no way you ever saw zappa in concert [frank zappa that is, you know, the guy who played guitar & actually wrote the music, hasn't been around for a few years] ...check out a few frank zappa lp's, read a few interviews, come back and maybe you can actually post something that contributes instead of rambling repetitive mis-informed speculative rants[/quote]

I, for one, became suspicious when Joe revaled that the number of times he had seen Zappa live. It matched unnervingly the number of times Trendmonger has seen the L. White version of Return to Forever and the A. White version of YES. (The number is 80+.)[/quote]
I understand it is difficult for all you young people out there to grasp the fact that Frank was around for many years a long time ago during which you were not. I live in Sweden and discovered FZs music way back in 1975 when I was 15 years old. If you do your homework you will find that Frank toured extensively. I followed the band for many dates during all of the European leg of the tours from 1976. If you do not believe me that I attended 82 shows that is fine me.

In my previous post it was not in any way my intention to try to tell you "what Frank would have said if he was alive". I certainly did not know him. As a die hard fan I did hang around his hotel and met him on a several occasions and even get to talk to him a few unforgettable times. All of what I wrote was based on what I have read and heard him voice many many times. If you don’t believe that either that is also fine with me.

As a final note, please do not lump me together with Mr Trendmonger. I have never understood what the fuck he is talking about.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:29 am 
Banned

Joe Blow wrote:
I understand it is difficult for all you young people out there to grasp the fact that Frank was around for many years a long time ago during which you were not. I live in Sweden and discovered FZs music way back in 1975 when I was 15 years old. If you do your homework you will find that Frank toured extensively. I followed the band for many dates during all of the European leg of the tours from 1976. If you do not believe me that I attended 82 shows that is fine me.

First off: Please learn how to properly utilize the quote function. It's so simple.....even a 47-year-old can do it.
Second: Get the names right when addressing your fellow forum members, or they might start referring to you as "Wouldjoeblowme".
Third: Your pompous rant regarding your age and experience has not been taken well by those of us that are senior to your age and experience.
Fourth: Recognize it or not, you are indeed a Blowmonger.
Fifth: If you figure out why I know you're 47 rather than 48, you'll understand that some of us, indeed, do our homework.
Sixth: Sorry, there is no 6th. It was supposed to be a "one-liner," but it's too early in the morning to think of a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:29 am 

Yes, Robert. Very nice paintings.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:44 am 

[quote="jimmie d killed the forum"][quote="Joe Blow"]I understand it is difficult for all you young people out there to grasp the fact that Frank was around for many years a long time ago during which you were not. I live in Sweden and discovered FZs music way back in 1975 when I was 15 years old. If you do your homework you will find that Frank toured extensively. I followed the band for many dates during all of the European leg of the tours from 1976. If you do not believe me that I attended 82 shows that is fine me.[/quote]
[b]First off:[/b] Please learn how to properly utilize the quote function. It's so simple.....even a 47-year-old can do it.
[b]Second:[/b] Get the names right when addressing your fellow forum members, or they might start referring to you as "Wouldjoeblowme".
[b]Third:[/b] Your pompous rant regarding your age and experience has not been taken well by those of us that are senior to your age and experience.
[b]Fourth:[/b] Recognize it or not, you are indeed a Blowmonger.
[b]Fifth:[/b] If you figure out why I know you're 47 rather than 48, you'll understand that some of us, indeed, do our homework.
[b]Sixth:[/b] Sorry, there is no 6th. It was supposed to be a "one-liner," but it's too early in the morning to think of a good one.[/quote]

And with that I rest my case.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:51 am 

Joe Blow wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
HJ wrote:

I, for one, became suspicious when Joe revaled that the number of times he had seen Zappa live. It matched unnervingly the number of times Trendmonger has seen the L. White version of Return to Forever and the A. White version of YES. (The number is 80+.)

I understand it is difficult for all you young people out there to grasp the fact that Frank was around for many years a long time ago during which you were not.

Just setting the quotes straight. 8)

And thanks for lumping me into the pool of young people. You saved my sunday. My math tells me that I am indeed younger than you: anywhere between a half to one year. :P

Hopefully, I never get so old that I start talking down to others due to their age. Anyway, why spend time here with all us young ignorants? Why not keep on observing at a "safe distance"?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:07 am 
Banned

Would Joe Blow Me? wrote:
Many, many years ago while I was writing my PhD thesis in theoretical physics.....blah...blah...blah...

Would Joe Blow Me? wrote:
And with that I rest my case.

Wow! You're not only a doctor but a lawyer, too.

.....but ya still got your head stuck up your ass far enough so as to not understand how to properly utilize the quote function.

Come on, big fellow. Don't quit now. If you're gonna step into the ring, don't cry when you get hit. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:33 am 

Mr jimmi d killed the forum,

The quote function doesn't seem work very well with my Mac, OK?
Now, try to grow up a little.

Post subject: Haywood Joe Blow Me?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:36 am 
Banned

Joe Blow wrote:
Mr jimmi d killed the forum,

Who is jimmi, Haywood?

.....or was that just another problem with your Mac?

Post subject: Re: Haywood Joe Blow Me?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:05 am 

[quote]Who is jimmi, Haywood?

.....or was that just another problem with your Mac?[/quote]
No, jimmi gofuckyourself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:09 am 
Banned

Joe Blow wrote:

Who knew that Mr. Maturity could whip out a one-liner such as that? 8)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:10 am 

Joe Blow wrote:

Actually, the quotes in your posts are correctly formatted. You need to click on the Profile link at the top of the forum page and then scroll down to the preferences section and where it says Always allow BBCode: select Yes then scroll down to the bottom and click Submit.

Post subject: Re: Quote Blow Joe
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:12 am 

Joe Blow wrote:

Try untick "Disable BBCode in this post". Read more here:
http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/faq.php?mode=bbcode
My 11-year knew about this ages ago.

You should realize that the internet will be around for many years to come. Even after you are dead and gone. I know it is hard for older people to get used to this fact. But such reluctance to adapt is indeed why old people are considered so boring by us dumb young people.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:14 am 

polydigm wrote:
Joe Blow wrote:

Actually, the quotes in your posts are correctly formatted. You need to click on the Profile link at the top of the forum page and then scroll down to the preferences section and where it says Always allow BBCode: select Yes then scroll down to the bottom and click Submit.

You beat me to it! Incredible how helpful the youth of today is!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:15 am 

Joe Blow wrote:

Very immature. Tsk, tsk. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next