Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:43 pm 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
My bad.

Kill yourself.

:roll:

WORD

if have read this post around dec 1 2001 i would do it :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:46 pm 

some word are magical!

With a word u can make someone happy, scared, laugh, cry, thinking, talk etc.. and even kill himself.

so please use it with care my friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:51 pm 

proof positive that all zappa fans (and family) are defective by nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:55 pm 

brainpang wrote:
proof positive that all zappa fans (and family) are defective by nature.

we are defective compared with the rest of the world who listen stupid radio :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 am 
Banned

Seraphina should do it.

NOW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:57 am 
Banned

Seraph's Entire Posting History

Seraph posted 9 times to this forum prior to posting to this thread.

ipsa loquitur

sanctimonious: holier-than-thou: excessively or hypocritically pious

Sanctimonious Post #1
Seraph wrote:
Starting a poll is easy. Stop whining and start clicking around. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Sanctimonious Post #2
Seraph wrote:
You guys love to complain, but you obviously haven't bothered to even try starting a poll...

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=213193

Sanctimonious Post #3
Seraph wrote:
Looks like it was added for you.

I voted yes. This place is full of idiots.

Sanctimonious Post #4
Seraph wrote:
I voted yes. Couldn't have said it better than King Sausage. If Paul Green thinks he can create a band better than the ZPZ band (as he asserted in his review of the Jammies) then he is smoking crack.

And I also thought the Satan stuff was just lame - and that's coming from a life-long atheist. It was silly. And the Zappanale was no payoff after sitting through two hours of this dickcheese.

Sanctimonious Post #5
Seraph wrote:
I thought the tunes sounded ordinary. Not bad for kids, but not great either.

I agree that it's good for kids to be exposed to a variety of "real" music, however Paul Green isn't the only person doing that, and hardly worthy of all the praise he heaped on himself. I think most of his methods were silly, immature and highly derivative. The scene where here he threw a tantrum, kicked a wall and screamed at his students was completely ridiculous - and that's not the way you teach kids, nor build their self-asteem.

Sanctimonious Post #6
Seraph wrote:
Wow - I guess you guys must be under the impression that your opinion is worth a shit.

I don't see a problem. People buy great tickets and then put them on Ebay all the time. So the artist is trying to get their piece too. I'd rather see that than some ticket scalping fuck making a buck.

If you're not prepared to spend that much, then let your wallets do the talking, rather than pissing and moaning about it on a message board.

Bitches.

Sanctimonious Post #7
Seraph wrote:
Disco Boy - you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Sanctimonious Post #8
Seraph wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
I just don't understand Dweezil's solo and why they'd choose this song over much better ones...

Just because it goes over your head, doesn't mean it's anything less than stellar. Both solos were awesome, and "Torture" is particularly salient for the times we are living in.

Maybe you should stick to erroneous speculations about the tour and not try to be a music critic as well (you douchebag.)

- Seraph

Sanctimonious Post #9
Seraph wrote:
Wow - do any of you guys sit back and contemplate what pathetic assholes some of you are? Nothing better to do that sit behind a screen with cheese doodle dust on your distended guts, bitching about ZPZ band members, all of whom are soooo much more talented than you fucking basement heros.

Joe is an awesome drummer. I saw ZPZ twice and he held it down and played his ass off. I consider him highly underrated. Watching his interaction with Terry during the end of the show drum trade-off was awesome, and from where I was standing, Terry looked like he was having a great time playing with Joe, and digging what he was doing.

Of course, it's pretty silly of me to even entertain your rampant stupidity. After all, none of you have ever done anything remotely remarkable, so it's easy for you to talk big... but put any of you douchebags in the drummer seat and you'd fail. Miserably.

I'm disappointed to sit here and read people's exaggerated negative comments on the ZPZ shows. They were nothing short of excellent, and if Frank himself had materialized and performed, you'd find something to piss and moan about that too.

Get a fucking life, you miserable cunts.

Go ahead and post your poorly crafted retorts. They will only validate my comments further.

- Seraph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:31 am 

Cheese doodle dust?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:35 am 

jimmie: So what if he did 10 crap posts? The post "against" you was fairly coherent, so your answer was a bit to easy. You can do better than that! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:16 am 

Seraph wrote:
jimmie d killed the forum wrote:
Hey, Seraph. I perused your 10-post history, and it seems that your purpose here is to flame individual forum members. I read the first couple paragraphs of your diatribe, and I think you're full of shit. Piss off.

But of course. What a stellar rebuttal.

It's about as much as I expected from you jimmie. You have a big mouth, but when someone actually takes you to task and is totally on point, you shy away from any confrontation, and use the convenience of a rather weak dismissal to avoid being called out further. I have 10 posts, and in many of them I've called bullshit as I see it. Somehow that's not on par with your many thousands of griping, bitching, baiting and passive-aggressive comments? It's about quality, not quantity, my simple-minded friend.

You are just another coward behind a computer screen. You talk big, make all manner of strong statements, accusations and rhetoric, yet can't come up with a good defense when it really comes down to it.

I'm also disappointed in the response from "Help, I'm A Rock". As a professional fly in the ointment and bullshit detector, surely you would have to agree on some level. Instead you disagree because "everybody is entitled to say whatever the fuck they want about whatever the fuck they want." (except anyone who isn't toeing the jimmie d party line, is that it?) What a cop-out. Are you just posting here so you can leave your mark on this thread too like a horny alley cat?

Then you intimate that I'm Gail, just as I predicted some would - simply because I don't subscribe to most of the self-indulgent bitching that goes on here. How convenient. Anyone who has spent enough time on this forum knows Gail's style of writing is completely different, and she doesn't waste much time making idiots like jimmie d accountable for their statements. Clearly she is wiser than I am.

In any case, it won't keep me awake at night.

My statements calling out one of this forum's biggest wastes of space still stand, and he's too much of a coward to really tackle them point by point - because deep down he knows they are true. Maybe some of his Project/Object buddies can ghost-write a better response for him.

- Seraph

You clearly have your own agenda to turn things sour here by starting a personal war with jimmie. You cannot preach about negativity when you are at the helm of that.

Look, everyone here is first a foremost into Frank Zappa's music. But GZ/ZFT have a bizarre way of running things. Yes it is their right to do what the hell they want but that does not mean they are beyond criticism. In fact, they have done a some things very badly and some things very well. People just want more things to be done well. They should think themselves very lucky that so many people care.

At the end of the day, I bet 99% of folks here, including myself who winge on about the ZFT would forgive and forget if the ZFT learnt to communicate in an adult decent respectable way. We all want to get behind them because we all have one thing in common, FRANK.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with a good moan. There is plenty of good discussion here as well as some well deserved moans. If you don't like the ship, get off. I think we have a very healthy forum thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 am 

EVERYBODY, SNIVEL ABOUT IT!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:48 am 
Banned

Batchain1001 wrote:
Seraph wrote:
Looks like it was added for you.

I voted yes. This place is full of idiots.

Sanctimonious Post #3

sanctimonious: holier-than-thou: excessively or hypocritically pious
jimmie, you forgot to add, "Phony sanctimonious shithead with ass so stiff they live a life of total constipation."

--Bat :P

Thanks, Bat. I stand corrected 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:08 am 

Jakeobs wrote:
I think Ahmet has MUCH better things to do with his time than bait forumers via a Dave Chappelle character. And if he did decide to do that, he'd do it in a much more clever and humorous way (c'mon, he's a ZAPPA for christ's sake!).

yeah, he has annoying game shows to host for downmarket cable tv channels and he needs to stick his tongue out at passers by in a strictly random fashion.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:45 am 

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:
I think Ahmet has MUCH better things to do with his time than bait forumers via a Dave Chappelle character. And if he did decide to do that, he'd do it in a much more clever and humorous way (c'mon, he's a ZAPPA for christ's sake!).

yeah, he has annoying game shows to host for downmarket cable tv channels and he needs to stick his tongue out at passers by in a strictly random fashion.

And this. Can't wait to see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:01 pm 

Jakeobs wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:

Harvey Weinstein?! Ahmet got in with Harvey Weinstein?!

Ahmet better fondle him the right way. This guy didn't and...well...let's just say Harvey has a shitload of power and you do NOT want to get on his bad side. See for yourself:

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMovie/Ov ... kid=199894

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:23 pm 
Zappa Family Trust
Zappa Family Trust

calvin2hikers wrote:
No, she just read the post where somebody said Jaypfunk was Tyrone Biggums. You just KNOW how much she adores jayp!

Yes I do - I am still waiting for his questions - maybe I'll get them before Roxy . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:28 pm 
Banned

Such a tease......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm 
Banned

gz wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
No, she just read the post where somebody said Jaypfunk was Tyrone Biggums. You just KNOW how much she adores jayp!

Yes I do - I am still waiting for his questions - maybe I'll get them before Roxy . . .

The Universe has existed for nearly 14 billion years without Roxy, and it's been nearly 20 years since the teaser first appeared at the end of The True Story Of 200 Motels videotape, so I'm guessing he still has a little time left. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 pm 

Jakeobs wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:

i must admit, i loved fraggle rock when i was a wee guy. Too bad fulton mackay is dead now :cry: Though he would be about 100 by now and would probably be too old to work in security.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:20 am 
Banned

gz wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Hey there, Gail - jaypfunk posted a sort of 2-part question to you just yesterday.

Here it is:

jaypfunk wrote:
snooze........................

what happened to the COMPLETE Halloween 1981 and KCTV 1974 releases????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:40 am 
Zappa Family Trust
Zappa Family Trust

gz wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

Hey there, Gail - jaypfunk posted a sort of 2-part question to you just yesterday.

Here it is:

jaypfunk wrote:
snooze........................

what happened to the COMPLETE Halloween 1981 and KCTV 1974 releases????

Thanks! Missed this. Back shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:22 am 

swiftkicknow wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:
Jakeobs wrote:

Harvey Weinstein?! Ahmet got in with Harvey Weinstein?!

Ahmet better fondle him the right way. This guy didn't and...well...let's just say Harvey has a shitload of power and you do NOT want to get on his bad side. See for yourself:

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMovie/Ov ... kid=199894

I don't do Netflix as I worked very briefly in one of their distribution hubs last year and they canned me for questionable reasons at best.

Blockbuster 'til death, baby.

Post subject: cheese doodle dust
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:09 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Cheese doodle dust?

try smoking that and it will really get you out there!
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:38 am 

Just to state something for the record: jimmie d has my full, unqualified approbation for lifting a quote from a post I made because, once again, I find myself in agreement with myself. :wink:

I only wish I had "Tyrone Biggum's" personal address in order that I might ship him a physical version of the infamous "Battie Award"! :twisted:

--Bat :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:30 am 

Seraph: explain this to me:
After reading your post I'm impressed with both your guts and your debating style. Yet I'm minorly baffled.
This forum seems to have lost its glare, leaving little room for discussions and becoming a place for bashing. You've noticed and posted a mighty lengthy, thorough and sensible debate entry, the likes of which the Forum only sees in quoted articles. I estimate it could've taken you at least an hour to type it, do the research on the quotes, check for spell errors etc.

-Why do you waste so much time on somebody like Jimmie D? He's somebody that won't listen to any reason if it doesn't suit his opinion.

-Why do you take the people bashing so earnestly? It's the internet! While this may have been one place of intellectual heaven (or at least it is in the mind of some forum members), it's not now. Let the little boys with their toys, ignore the silly quirks that go behind the blanket of anonymity and leave them alone if you don't like them.

-Don't you have anything better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:43 am 

BBP wrote:
Seraph: explain this to me:
After reading your post I'm impressed with both your guts and your debating style. Yet I'm minorly baffled.
This forum seems to have lost its glare, leaving little room for discussions and becoming a place for bashing. You've noticed and posted a mighty lengthy, thorough and sensible debate entry, the likes of which the Forum only sees in quoted articles. I estimate it could've taken you at least an hour to type it, do the research on the quotes, check for spell errors etc.

-Why do you waste so much time on somebody like Jimmie D? He's somebody that won't listen to any reason if it doesn't suit his opinion.

-Why do you take the people bashing so earnestly? It's the internet! While this may have been one place of intellectual heaven (or at least it is in the mind of some forum members), it's not now. Let the little boys with their toys, ignore the silly quirks that go behind the blanket of anonymity and leave them alone if you don't like them.

-Don't you have anything better to do?

While we are patiently awaiting Seraph's response to your question, I'd like to pipe in an say that I honestly believe his post is a guy thing that us ladies have a hard time understanding. I wonder what prompts someone to go out of their way to bash a fellow forumer (unless they have been provoked personally)?

After 4 years of being a member on this forum, I have witnessed countless trash talkers and the vast majority (if not all) have been men. In fact, I can only think of one woman who went out of her way to fight like a man and that was Wife. She eventually gave up and left.

I think some people use this Forum to work out their teenage style angst that is all built-up inside. It is obvious you don't have to be 13 to act like a teenager. Sometimes it is entertaining but most of the time I scratch my head wondering why they felt the need to write what they did?

:P daisy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next