Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Ridiculous, fool!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 pm 

"considering every answer to someone pointing out that there is absolutely no evidence of any of the claims you make is "shut the fuck up and submit, bitch." " - Isaac

Wrong.

Read carefully. I don't use insults and defamations in my arguments as a matter of course, and you know it. You're the one that hasn't shown any evidence, and you're the one that is abusive and demeaning.

Did you know NIST has come out with their version of what happened to building 7? Fire brought it down, and the simple matter of column 79 failing made it collapse in just a few seconds...straight down without falling over. I'm sure you agree, knowlagable as you are...the government would never lie, would they?

Post subject: Re: Caculations...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:47 pm 
Banned

Shark_Barker wrote:
Ten posts + hitting me with 9/11 truth = troll.

95% of the world does not believe that the government planned/executed 9/11, largely because there is absolutely no evidence to prove such claims.

Shark_Barker wrote:
Yeah, I'm too drunk to type. Ever lived there?

I'm Straight Edge. Don't smoke or drink.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject: Reality
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:59 pm 

"I'm Straight Edge. Don't smoke or drink" - Isaac

Then you are in the box.

"95% of the world does not believe that the government planned/executed 9/11, largely because there is absolutely no evidence to prove such claims."

Wrong...more than 50% of New Yorkers doubt the official story...

...but let's say you're right...what does 95% of the world have to fear with a new investigation, or of any questioning of the offical lie?

More than that, why can't you just let me have my point of view? Why is it so necessary for you, as an ordinary citizen, to attack my assertions on this obscure forum?

Might I suggest that you are a fascist, unwilling to accept that there is perhaps someone who holds a different yet valid perspective?

I'm willing to accept you...indeed, I have to. Why can't you accept a challenge to the dominant paradigm?

Post subject: More reality...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:08 pm 

As anyone can see, I am constantly attacked by the same posters over and over on this forum.

I'm just expressing my views. Why hurt your throat over it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:12 pm 

shark_barker wrote:
...4our or 5ive posts a day at 20 minutes per? That's a low estimate for some, and still a substantial amount of time.

But then again, it's the quality of the post that counts. Some posters have run up their post count with cheap little quips that serve no purpose other than to insult or denigrate.

I've read a little Bukowski. I should be reading him now instead of posting bile here...

4 or 5 posts per day, 20 or so minutes total; how long does it take to post a pic association/what dvd didja watch/fav solo/secret word/youtube link etc etc. 5 minutes each plus another 10 minutes or so, ½-hour a day max... if the thread's too shallow, hit the back arrow

½ an hour with other zappa-minded individual's around the world without the man getting in your face for some imaginary infraction of the rules; moderator's suck, they make it personal, the hands-off-except-for-extreme-meltdowns policy of this forum's admin. seems to work well... the last day or so, a dark skanky cloud has dissipated

the few that adopt aggressive persona are not taken seriously by most others, the pile-on mentality works both ways...you appear to let the bitchslapping roll right off, but can't resist circling back and flogging it ad infinitum; [ignore] . . [/ignore] invariably takes the fun out of trolling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:35 am 

Isaac wrote:
Shark_Barker wrote:
Ten posts + hitting me with 9/11 truth = troll.

95% of the world does not believe that the government planned/executed 9/11, largely because there is absolutely no evidence to prove such claims.

Shark_Barker wrote:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

I understand Straight Edge also means you don't get any. I'd post a bad joke here if I didn't think it's rude.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:53 am 

BBP wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Shark_Barker wrote:

Shark_Barker wrote:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

I understand Straight Edge also means you don't get any. I'd post a bad joke here if I didn't think it's rude.

I don't know if you planned it BBP but, NICE BURN!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:11 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
BBP wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Shark_Barker wrote:

Shark_Barker wrote:

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

I don't know if you planned it BBP but, NICE BURN!!!! :lol:

I don't.... smoke
I don't .... drink
I don't.... fuck
At least I can fucking think
I can't keep up I can't keep up I can't keep up
(*DEH-DEH-DEH*)
Out of Step
Wiiiith the World!

- Minor Threat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:52 am 

The Black Page Part 2 wrote:

Quote:
You don't like the Eagles?

Asshole

Don't pretend you don't got one on the bottom of you... :lol:

And just for the record, 'O Barker of Sharks', I agree that the internet and all it contains does tend to become an addiction and an affliction with many. But I also contend that a moderately functional forum with decent anti-spam firewalls attracts like-minded individuals in much the same way that a good conversation/argument draws together strangers at a party or get-together. The global nature of the forum simply allows people and almost-people who'd never likely run into each other to meet and bash each others' brain in without the drama and trauma of the inevitable late night punchup in the parking lot afterwards. :lol:

And for the same record, 'O Sharker of Barks', I actually spend most of my online time on my breaks at work where I have a high speed connection. Bleah. :lol: And the rest of my online time typically takes place late at night in a beer-addled state. That's when I have to record all my best stupid ideas and rants before they get flushed in the morning... :roll:

So really, like just about everything else in life (with the notable exception of sarin gas and Paris Hilton), it comes down to moderation. Quitting something 'cold turkey' can be just as traumatic and debilitative as an overdose as any recovering addict can attest to. :lol:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:56 am 

Shark_Barker wrote:
I write, and I like cars. What do you do other than troll?

I was just curious as you seem to be so defensive in all your posts . Also you use the term troll for any questions of your posts, this is a forum and that is what you do ask questions and respond. I am a serious Hobie Sailor, and bird hunter, I also hike and bicycle a lot, when I am not doing that I fish and am into photography, and Jazz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:00 am 
Banned

Sharkey,

You're nothing but a big piece of shit, who thinks he can impress a few dimwits by pretending to be a GENIUS.

You still haven't figured out out how I can do ANYTHING but post here, with all of the other things I do.

and

LEAVE ISAAC ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:38 am 

Help, I'm a Rock wrote:
LEAVE ISAAC ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he is HIAR's bitch! Image

Post subject: HIAR of the dog...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 am 

I suspect Isaac and HIAR are the same person.

"So really, like just about everything else in life (with the notable exception of sarin gas and Paris Hilton), it comes down to moderation." - Sam I Am

But, this forum isn't moderated!

Just kidding. I'm out of practice when it comes to drinking...wild dreams all night!

"You're nothing but a big piece of shit, who thinks he can impress a few dimwits by pretending to be a GENIUS." - HIAR

Please list the dimwits you are referring to...I know I'm not impressing you, but I would like to know which dimwits it is that I'm trying to impress...that way I can address them directly.

Post subject: Re: HIAR of the dog...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:36 am 
Banned

Shark_Barker wrote:
I suspect Isaac and HIAR are the same person.

They're not the same person. In fact, they live about 3,000 miles from each other, and there's an age difference of about 30 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:51 am 

Sharky, please don't be so demeaning to all the other members. We all have lives and although there are a few bad eggs, most of us are just here to waste time and have fun. And yes, I plan to mow the lawn today.

I like your mind and your ability to write clearly and strongly, but your tone seems geared to belittle us "thousands of posts" guys, and I just want to remind you that we're all people just like you.

Post subject: Twins, then?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:52 am 

"They're not the same person"

They're made for each other, though...don'tcha think?

Post subject: Da mean sharky shark
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:56 am 

"Sharky, please don't be so demeaning to all the other members"

Yeah, I'm a superior mother alright. Have I offended someone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:57 am 

Maybe a little. Carry on.

Post subject: Love and admiration...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 am 

Ya know, all I'm doing is pointing out the pointlessness of this forum.

It might be one addict calling the other addict hooked, but that's how addicts are.

I'm a serious person, but I try not to take web forums too seriously. I really don't get what Help's problem is...I suppose he thinks harrassment is funny...and why Isaac can't disagree in a civil manner is beyond me...but, essentially I don't care.

Maybe y'all can justify the time wasted here, but I really can't. It's just kind of a morbid hobby for me. Frankly, I wouldn't have near as many posts here as I do if it wasn't for posters like Isaac pissing me off and my subsequent desire to kick their asses. I would really just like to have a calm, decent discussion on matters that I'm interested in, while also sharing some of my life with people that also dig Frank Zappa like I do.

But, that doesn't happen much around here, eh? Maybe it's my fault, but it's also the reason why posting here is such a waste. If this forum was full of the elevated kind of discussion Frank would have enjoyed, it might be well worth it...but much of this forum is insidious blather and childish banter.

Yeah, I'm an arrogant genius, and I really should put it to work elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:55 am 

Shark_Barker wrote:
Ya know, all I'm doing is pointing out the pointlessness of this forum.

It might be one addict calling the other addict hooked, but that's how addicts are.

I'm a serious person, but I try not to take web forums too seriously. I really don't get what Help's problem is...I suppose he thinks harrassment is funny...and why Isaac can't disagree in a civil manner is beyond me...but, essentially I don't care.

Maybe y'all can justify the time wasted here, but I really can't. It's just kind of a morbid hobby for me. Frankly, I wouldn't have near as many posts here as I do if it wasn't for posters like Isaac pissing me off and my subsequent desire to kick their asses. I would really just like to have a calm, decent discussion on matters that I'm interested in, while also sharing some of my life with people that also dig Frank Zappa like I do.

But, that doesn't happen much around here, eh? Maybe it's my fault, but it's also the reason why posting here is such a waste. If this forum was full of the elevated kind of discussion Frank would have enjoyed, it might be well worth it...but much of this forum is insidious blather and childish banter.

Yeah, I'm an arrogant genius, and I really should put it to work elsewhere.

Well DUH! It's a FORUM!

Sure, back in the good ol' days of the start of the Place, the subscribers were on the whole people with interest in the WWW AND Zappa. Nowadays most people surf, and so diminishes the class of forum members. It takes one prick to ruin a forum, and we have several.

Solution: Come to http://www.packardgoose.com!

(Before anybody else likes to complain: while this forum has pretty much diminished to name-calling and "we-already-had-a-thread-like-that", I've visited a large number of forums over the past 12 years, and this is still a pretty good place. Other sites are either moderated or ruled to death.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:09 am 

At least it's still pretty active. I get frustrated with other forums with like 8 regular members and no new posts for several days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:12 am 

feetlightup wrote:
At least it's still pretty active. I get frustrated with other forums with like 8 regular members and no new posts for several days.

I have less regulars than that... and more posts! Part of that is good administration/moderation: you have to keep the site alive by posting, even if it's idiotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:01 am 

BBP wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

I have less regulars than that... and more posts! Part of that is good administration/moderation: you have to keep the site alive by posting, even if it's idiotic.

You have just made me cry. You big meanie!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:57 pm 
Banned

BBP wrote:
I understand Straight Edge also means you don't get any.

Straight Edge = no alcohol or drugs.

Shark_Barker wrote:
...and why Isaac can't disagree in a civil manner is beyond me....

Because you repeatedly bash everyone who doesn't think that the government planned/executed 9/11...which accounts for 95% PERCENT OF THE WORLD. BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE TO PROVE SUCH CLAIMS.

feetlightup wrote:
Sharky, please don't be so demeaning to all the other members.

Well, that would be impossible. This is a typical conversation:

Conspiracy theorist: "I think that the government planned 9/11."

Normal person: "There is no such evidence to prove such claims.

Conspiracy theorist: "SHUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPP!"

Shark_Barker wrote:
They're made for each other, though...don'tcha think?

I think that you and Rockhead are made for each other, yes.

[size=0]Isaac[/size]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:50 pm 

BBP wrote:
You're nothing but a whino.

Did you mean: wino

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next