Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:01 pm
Posts: 2006
Location: East of the Sun West of the Moon
Huck, I just saw the dog! It's smoking a pipe!
Look closely.

_________________
GuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
Well this is sweet! Look at all the stuff!
Good on ya Admini-Mikey! I trust that you understood that my suggestions were simply ideas that occasionally fall from my head like over-ripe fruit; not demands for more-faster-better-now type stuff. Considering the sheer volume of information that needs to be transfered-translated-updated and modified I'd say that you and whatever helperbeings you employ deserve a round of something.

And Catpuke, although I really liked your old avatar (it really captured the essence of a cat in mid-stream in a Department of Highways kind of iconography) your new one is quite mesmerising. But I could not see the dog until you mentioned the pipe. And there it was! Like one of those irritating 3-d pictures they used to post in the newspaper every day just to annoy me...

Hello everybody! Almost... :mrgreen:

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:25 am
Posts: 3473
Location: SANTA MARIA,CA USA
isn't that ignore function the ginchiest? :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
One two, buckle my shoe!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 15121
I really hope dove_grey gets back on.



:mrgreen: :wink:

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19183
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Did somebody say something just now?

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
just plain doug wrote:
Did somebody say something just now?

It's alright Doug, I'm not ignoring you.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:01 pm
Posts: 2006
Location: East of the Sun West of the Moon
Sam I Am wrote:
Well this is sweet! Look at all the stuff!
Good on ya Admini-Mikey! I trust that you understood that my suggestions were simply ideas that occasionally fall from my head like over-ripe fruit; not demands for more-faster-better-now type stuff. Considering the sheer volume of information that needs to be transfered-translated-updated and modified I'd say that you and whatever helperbeings you employ deserve a round of something.

And Catpuke, although I really liked your old avatar (it really captured the essence of a cat in mid-stream in a Department of Highways kind of iconography) your new one is quite mesmerising. But I could not see the dog until you mentioned the pipe. And there it was! Like one of those irritating 3-d pictures they used to post in the newspaper every day just to annoy me...

Hello everybody! Almost... :mrgreen:
This avatar was a gift from an old member when I reached what was called L.O.R.D. status here. I actually can't remember how many posts you had to have...maybe it was 1000 and then you got your title. I have to say, I miss the very 1st avatar I used here.

So, how do you work the ignore feature here? Is it the friend or foe that shows up under someones name and avatar?

_________________
GuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
dove_grey wrote:
isn't that ignore function the ginchiest? :wink: :mrgreen:

I like the way it works, because you can still see the position of the ignored posts. If you couldn't then some replies would look random. This way if the reply seems to be part of a reasonable discussion you can go back and read it, but somehow I don't think I'm going to be doing that very often.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9605
catpuke wrote:
...I miss the very 1st avatar I used here...

thanks for the kisses puke-o, this one's gonna cost ya big time...




Image



hint: it's tiny but exciting

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:01 pm
Posts: 2006
Location: East of the Sun West of the Moon
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
catpuke wrote:
...I miss the very 1st avatar I used here...

thanks for the kisses puke-o, this one's gonna cost ya big time...




Image



hint: it's tiny but exciting

:mrgreen: Sheba's back! You found the kitty that's not really mine and that I boosted from someones web page!
Image X 10!


Oh...the tiny but exciting thing...what is it? Could it be related to that comment you made about sig's and male genitalia?


(I just saw the friend or foe/ ignore thing)

_________________
GuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19183
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
polydigm wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Did somebody say something just now?

It's alright Doug, I'm not ignoring you.

Great! That's 1 :mrgreen:

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
The time zone function here is comprehensive also. Probably sounds insignificant to some but I like to see the correct time at the top of the page and the post times coming out correctly. The last forum had Australian Central Time (+9.5) as an option but not Daylight Saving and no country with +10.5 to cheat with so the times have been at least a half hour out ever since the start of October.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
just plain doug wrote:
polydigm wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Did somebody say something just now?

It's alright Doug, I'm not ignoring you.

Great! That's 1 :mrgreen:

Woah!! I was just composing a message and when I hit submit instead of posting my new message it came back with a report that said a new post had been made in the mean time and did I want to review my post and showed me the new post above the composition frame.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9605
polydigm wrote:
...did I want to review my post and showed me the new post above the composition frame.
very very vey cool feature




links used to open in separate browsers, now they bounce you off the forum & open in the same window

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5951
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
slime.oofytv.set wrote:
polydigm wrote:
...did I want to review my post and showed me the new post above the composition frame.
very very vey cool feature

Yes indeed.

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
links used to open in separate browsers, now they bounce you off the forum & open in the same window

Yeah, it's not all silver lining. I have to remember now to right click links and select "Open Link in New Window". None the less, this definitely feels like a better forum.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2351
Location: Europe
Very cool new look. I like the possibility of immediately making this screen appear as in my first attachment. (In the preview it appears and fill up a lot of space - but there is a lot to ignore - sorry for that.

Oh, thanks Mikey!!! Who needs moderation, when you can moderate things by yourself?

:D :D :D :D :D


Attachments:
File comment: Sweeeeeeeet
Ignore.JPG
Ignore.JPG [ 176.6 KiB | Viewed 1882 times ]

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Last edited by HJ on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5858
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The forum looks pretty good. The new features are cool.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7119
Location: exile
I like the ability to go to 'first unread post.' a time saver.

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:54 am
Posts: 4295
Location: En-Ger-Land
Huzzah! I managed to log into the new gaff. Thanks Mikey, lookin' good. :D

_________________
"Listen to that noise! It's like Barry White eating wasps."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5047
Stopped by and saw the clean look of the new forum.
KUDOS
While I have not taken notice to all the new features it seems some users are very happy with them.

As suggestions had been asked, similar to the Birthday function I would like to see
some form of automatic publication of official discography, track recording dates and some special events.
While this would seem a time consuming task I am sure it could provide as a useful tool.

For example November 17th 2008 was the 27th Anniversary of Zappa RITZ 81'.
While not an official release FZ did play this legendary concert on WLIR Radio.
If a Sticky Topic was automatically generated for let's say 1 week it could promote
dialog on historical Official productions and events.

Peace to all

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:13 am 
Offline
Banned
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
Posts: 7813
Location: Underneath Virginia
HJ wrote:
Oh, thanks Mikey!!! Who needs moderation, when you can moderate things by yourself?


Give it up, troll-boy. You have never ignored me. You never will. Get a grip on reality.

Isaac

_________________
I want dis little pussy
Baby wants some o' dis
And some o' dat
Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat


Jimmie D Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 am
Posts: 779
Trendmonger wrote:
Stopped by and saw the clean look of the new forum.
KUDOS
While I have not taken notice to all the new features it seems some users are very happy with them.

As suggestions had been asked, similar to the Birthday function I would like to see
some form of automatic publication of official discography, track recording dates and some special events.
While this would seem a time consuming task I am sure it could provide as a useful tool.

For example November 17th 2008 was the 27th Anniversary of Zappa RITZ 81'.
While not an official release FZ did play this legendary concert on WLIR Radio.
If a Sticky Topic was automatically generated for let's say 1 week it could promote
dialog on historical Official productions and events.

Peace to all


Good suggestion, Trendmonger, I like this idea. It'd provide a continuous reminder of why we're all here in the first place.

So pleased with the new forum. What a boon the 'foe' feature is...

_________________
"I don't think Pop Tarts have any place in our Lord's plans for the world."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:25 am
Posts: 19
Location: Red Bank, New Jersey
How do I use the "foe" feature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am
Posts: 3493
Location: The Blue Light
The chat room is mucho mucho cool! Many lovely and useful bells and whistles. you can import images directly into the chat, instead of having to post an url like in the old days, many more things you just have to check out yourself! Love it! Looooooove it!

_________________
Country music + Black music = Rock and Roll


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:01 pm
Posts: 2006
Location: East of the Sun West of the Moon
Anybody else getting an Authentication request asking for a user name and password?
A username and password are being requested by http://newsicus.com. The site says: "NWSCS"
I got it several times when I tried to reply to a thread.It happened on the ROOT BEER thread by HP (under Rand) and I replied to Pedro but it doesn't show up.


Slime, Sheba has put on too much weight to fit as an avatar. Too many pixels. Give me back those kisses :x .

_________________
GuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueenGuacamoleQueen


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group