Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:11 am 

I SELL ON EBAY, FLEA MARKETS AND YARD SALES AND HAVE BEEN DOING IT SINCE MARCH OF 1999. I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT BECAUSE OF A COUPLE OF FACTORS, YOU SHOULD HANG ONTO YOUR ZAPPA MEMORABELIA FOR AS LONG AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN AND HAND IT DOWN TO SOMEONE WHO IS TRULY WORTHY.

AS A TRUE ZAPPA FREAK, YOU KNOW THAT OUT THERE IN THE MASSES, THERE REALLY AREN'T ALOT OF ZAPPA JUNKIES COMPARED TO THE GENERAL POPULATION. IT IS A RARE OCCASION, WHEN YOU FIND A PERSON WHO IS AS EXCITED ABOUT HIM AS YOU ARE. IF YOU DO FIND ONE; THERE IS AN INSTANT BOND BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PERSON. IN THE BIGGER SCHEME OF THINGS, NOT ALOT OF HIS MUSIC WAS APPRECIATED AND THEREFORE WASN'T PUT OUT IN QUANITY. LASTLY AND SADLY, HE DIED FAIRLY YOUNG.

IT'S BECAUSE OF THESE REASONS THAT MOST OF HIS STUFF COMMANDS HIGH PRICES HERE IN THE U.S. AND ABROAD! ANY PROMOS, SPECIAL BOX SETS, AUTOGRAPHS, EARLY ALBUMS, ORIGINAL POSTERS AND PLAYBILLS, ETC. ARE IN HIGH DEMAND BY ZAPPA FREAKS AND UNFORTUNATELY; SOME ENDS UP IN THE HANDS OF PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO MAKE A BUCK AND WHO DON'T HAVE A TRUE APPRECIATION FOR HIM AND WHAT HE ACCOMPLISHED.

HOLD ON TO YOUR ZAPPA STUFF! WHEN THEY ALL FIGURE OUT THAT HE WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST MUSICIANS AND COMPOSERS THAT EVER LIVED, THEN YOUR STUFF WILL BE PRICELESS! LEAVE IT TO SOMEONE IN YOUR WILL! IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO; DON'T SELL IT!

FZ R.I.P. :D