Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:19 am 

Hey everybody, I'm Nick and I'm somewhat of a newbie to Zappa. I have Freak Out!, We're Only In It For The Money, Lumpy Gravy, Hot Rats, and Overnite Sensation on CD and I really like each one of them. I know already that I'm more a fan of Zappa's early MOI years. I'm glad I finally found a Zappa forum, I've been looking all over the net for one.

FZ is my favorite musician/composer of all time. How all of that music and lyrics came out of 1 man's head I can't imagine. When I first heard Freak Out! I did not believe it was recorded in 1966. Then when I heard Only Money, it sounded like a completely different band. FZ also knew where to find great and talented musicians. My favorite of his MOI players is Ian Underwood, a great multi-instrumentalist he is.

Well, I'm glad I finally found a Zappa forum and I hope to stick around. :D Cool smileys, BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:47 am 

Yeah, we hope you will stick around too... Welcome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:59 am 

Welcome FZ121, have a good time on this forum. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am 

Welcome FZ121!!!! Have fun...we do! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:19 pm 

Hello and welcome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:27 am 

Hi Nick, how are you? Nice to see you here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:36 pm 

Hey, welcome! This is a nice place, besides the occasional bickering. Hope you'll stay through the rough all the way to the great haul....

Post subject: Re: Hey!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:29 am 

FZ121 wrote:
Hey everybody, I'm Nick and I'm somewhat of a newbie to Zappa. I have Freak Out!, We're Only In It For The Money, Lumpy Gravy, Hot Rats, and Overnite Sensation on CD and I really like each one of them. I know already that I'm more a fan of Zappa's early MOI years. I'm glad I finally found a Zappa forum, I've been looking all over the net for one.

FZ is my favorite musician/composer of all time. How all of that music and lyrics came out of 1 man's head I can't imagine. When I first heard Freak Out! I did not believe it was recorded in 1966. Then when I heard Only Money, it sounded like a completely different band. FZ also knew where to find great and talented musicians. My favorite of his MOI players is Ian Underwood, a great multi-instrumentalist he is.

Well, I'm glad I finally found a Zappa forum and I hope to stick around. :D Cool smileys, BTW.
Great to have you onboard, FZ121 (aka "Nick"). Just plow your way through the topics and threads and kick away all the bullshit.

WELCOME,

--Batchain ("BatchainPartIV") :)

Post subject: Re: Hey!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 am 

BatchainPartIV wrote:
FZ121 wrote:

Great to have you onboard, FZ121 (aka "Nick"). Just plow your way through the topics and threads and kick away all the bullshit.

WELCOME,

--Batchain ("BatchainPartIV") :)

Thanks Batchain. :D And thank you all for welcoming me. 8)