Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:22 am 

edyrukidng wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The way I see it is kids have always had the same mindset since the sixties. There will always be those that follow whats popular to try to fit in with their peer groups and those with a penchent for challenge. The thing about Zappa is he never was a truly mainstream musician and despite a couple of commercial successes, most Zappa fans IMHO are outside of the box trendwise. He was'nt pushing clothing styles, shoes, lifestyles, food products or anything else than simply the music. Thats what distinguishes Zappa from most pop icons is that it was always about music and artistic integrity.

Certainly the average Twizted or Jessica Simpson fan will likely never get Zappa's music and their not obligated too.

I like to think of Zappa fans as people who are fed up with conformity and want something more challenging to entertain themselves other than what the status quo has to offer, whether it was 40+ years ago or 40 years from now.

well said,,,,

The Challenge is for Kids to open their Eyes and Ears to something that is not Cheeze Wiz Entertainment.

About 25 years ago I wrote an instrumental called Who Stole The Cheeze Wiz . Wish I could find the tape. I think it would have to be baked anyway because in was made on AMPEX. Damn it I know I should have used SCOTCH. :lol:

Anyhow the concept of Who Stole The Cheeze Wiz was to take Close Minded Commercialy Brainwashed TV & Radio type Teenage Persons and have them listen to this piece of music that had little or nothing at all to due with anything that the Media Driven Peer Group defined.

So one day if one of these kids finally undrestands what's going on in Zappa's music he may be asking himself. Who Stole The Cheeze Wiz.

You see Zappa is Zappa. The idea of just having it done Authentically just gives people in attendance of any age a chance to open their eyes and ears to it. Some will get it some will not.

So it's now 25 years later and putting these kids of today into a Zappa environment I just wonder how many are still asking themselves Who Stole the Cheeze Wiz?

When a Master Chef is cooking with the Finest Artistinal Ingredients do you think it is polite to ask for Cheeze Wiz on Ritz Cracker. Some people like Cheeze Wiz what are you going to do. That's all they eat. They serve cases of it at their parties. When they get to College they play Cheeze Wiz Games. Each time Horatio Caine in CSI Miami takes off his glasses a Fraternity Brother in some College has to eat a Cheeze Wiz on a Ritz Cracker.

I say try some Zappa you may like it.

It's Good For You

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:37 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
edyrukidng wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The way I see it is kids have always had the same mindset since the sixties. There will always be those that follow whats popular to try to fit in with their peer groups and those with a penchent for challenge. The thing about Zappa is he never was a truly mainstream musician and despite a couple of commercial successes, most Zappa fans IMHO are outside of the box trendwise. He was'nt pushing clothing styles, shoes, lifestyles, food products or anything else than simply the music. Thats what distinguishes Zappa from most pop icons is that it was always about music and artistic integrity.

Certainly the average Twizted or Jessica Simpson fan will likely never get Zappa's music and their not obligated too.

I like to think of Zappa fans as people who are fed up with conformity and want something more challenging to entertain themselves other than what the status quo has to offer, whether it was 40+ years ago or 40 years from now.

well said,,,,

The Challenge is for Kids to open their Eyes and Ears to something that is not Cheeze Wiz Entertainment.

About 25 years ago I wrote an instrumental called Who Stole The Cheeze Wiz . Wish I could find the tape. I think it would have to be baked anyway because in was made on AMPEX. Damn it I know I should have used SCOTCH. :lol:

Anyhow the concept of Who Stole The Cheeze Wiz was to take Close Minded Commercialy Brainwashed TV & Radio type Teenage Persons and have them listen to this piece of music that had little or nothing at all to due with anything that the Media Driven Peer Group defined.

So one day if one of these kids finally undrestands what's going on in Zappa's music he may be asking himself. Who Stole The Cheeze Wiz.

You see Zappa is Zappa. The idea of just having it done Authentically just gives people in attendance of any age a chance to open their eyes and ears to it. Some will get it some will not.

So it's now 25 years later and putting these kids of today into a Zappa environment I just wonder how many are still asking themselves Who Stole the Cheeze Wiz?

When a Master Chef is cooking with the Finest Artistinal Ingredients do you think it is polite to ask for Cheeze Wiz on Ritz Cracker. Some people like Cheeze Wiz what are you going to do. That's all they eat. They serve cases of it at their parties. When they get to College they play Cheeze Wiz Games. Each time Horatio Caine in CSI Miami takes off his glasses a Fraternity Brother in some College has to eat a Cheeze Wiz on a Ritz Cracker.

I say try some Zappa you may like it.

It's Good For You

Have you no shame? Please try to write in your own voice. When you do, it can be rather charming. This Newsweek knock off stuff is horrid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:35 am 

brainpang wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
edyrukidng wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

well said,,,,

The Challenge is for Kids...
Edited for content....

Have you no shame? Please try to write in your own voice. When you do, it can be rather charming. This Newsweek knock off stuff is horrid.

That gave me a chuckle, thank you :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 am 

this thread is fucking weird shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:58 am 

That part about Cheez Wiz Games at fraternity parties was just surreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:08 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:59 pm 

I can make you mine
Taste your lips of wine
Any time, night or day
Only trouble is, cheeze whiz
I'm dreaming my life away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:03 am 

This thread was fucking GREAT!!!! LMFAO!!!
The battle of the witless!!!! :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8