Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:32 am 

I have reserved this spot for you Gary.
Anytime you are going to have a melt down. And you think to yourself
"Hey, I'ma gonna ruin the front page of a forum"
Please think twice and do it here instead.
You (or anyone else) can come in here and Post your Meltdowns.
And in a year's time, you will have a lovely book to give to your therapist.

Here, I'll start you off.

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12642

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12643

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12644

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12645

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12646

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12647

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12649

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12651

http://www.zappa.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12652

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:50 am 

today my snotnosed brat of a kid disturbed my inebriated slumber.
something about food and that the baby is playing with matches. I asked
him to turn on the coffee machine and I would be down after I took a shave. when I got downstairs the kids had already raided the candy jar and so I parked them in front of The Amazing Mr. Bickford and all is well (kids love animation, you know). Me, I've been surfing the Zappa Forum ever since and maybe I'll take 'em to Burger King for a healthy lunch. I want to complete my Simpsons figure collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:50 am 
Banned

He finally went off the deep-end. :roll: The man must be sitting at his computer fuming, going off on his family when they ask him questions.
"Why are you so mad, Gary, is it those heartless bastards on the Zappa forum again?"
I do agree with him somewhat as far as unnecessary chatter at ZPZ shows. Nothing wrong with cheering and hooting/hollering though. It would annoy me as well only because I would be asking myself: why are these people even here? Go to a disco!. But regardless, people can do what they want when they pay money for a ticket. Why air these concerns on this forum? I doubt anyone here would act in that fashion at a ZPZ show anyway, So why bitch to us about it? Your preaching to the choir, pal. I would just block it out if it happened to me. That's why pot is so great. It allows you to zone on one thing. In this case, Zappa music. So Gary Titone, in short: CHILL OUT AND SMOKE A JOINT. :mrgreen:

Last edited by J.C.GreasyVII on Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:57 am 

So I was in the front row and off to the total side of the stage... I was getting a bit dronk by the later stages of the show and I got up with a lady I didnt know and start waving my arms in sync with the music trying to get the crowd into it. I now feel like a moron because that's not my usual-self but fuck that... I was having a great time and I wanted the rest of the crowd to as well.

I certainly wasnt in front of the whole fucking place getting in the way and the stage was pretty high so nobody was getting blocked.

Sitting and listening is for King Crimson shows so Fripp wont get his panties in a bind and stop playing.

The band responded and they really enjoyed the enthusiasm. My wife got Dweezil's pick when they sewed up Muffin Man and Ray gave us props for the cheering. I want them to come back next time. Fucking sue me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:06 am 

It's a rock and roll concert, not a symphony or opera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:17 am 

J.C.GreasyVII wrote:
He finally went off the deep-end. :roll: The man must be sitting at his computer fuming, going off on his family when they ask him questions.
"Why are you so mad, Gary, is it those heartless bastards on the Zappa forum again?"
I do agree with him somewhat as far as unnecessary chatter at ZPZ shows. Nothing wrong with cheering and hooting/hollering though. It would annoy me as well only because I would be asking myself: why are these people even here? Go to a disco!. But regardless, people can do what they want when they pay money for a ticket. Why air these concerns on this forum? I doubt anyone here would act in that fashion at a ZPZ show anyway, So why bitch to us about it? Your preaching to the choir, pal. I would just block it out if it happened to me. That's why pot is so great. It allows you to zone on one thing. In this case, Zappa music. So Gary Titone, in short: CHILL OUT AND SMOKE A JOINT. :mrgreen:

I had these type of people all around me in NH. There was a couple behind us, and he was talking all through the show. This is this. And this song is about this, and blah blah blah.
I couldn't let it bother me though. It was do pumped up to see what Ray White would bring to the table.
I will say though, that when she asked "Who is that guy on the screen?" I was too shocked to even respond.
Talk about go to a disco! hehe

There are assholes in every crowd. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:02 pm 

Trendy's comp after starting the 10th STFU thread in a row
too bad he must have had a backup

"Ya like horses?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:40 pm 

pygmy stallion wrote:
Trendy's comp after starting the 10th STFU thread in a row
too bad he must have had a backup

Say, is that a casserole dish in the top portion of the tower? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:53 pm 

Why do I envision Schillmonger on the cover of Us Magazine with Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan for the Special Double Sized "Meltdown Issue?"

I figure we are a week away from Mikey coming and posting a sticky notifying the Zappa Forum Community that Gary Titone is being treated in Bellvue for "Exhaustion."

I mean, it's him or us because I'm pretty well "exhausted" at this point too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:09 pm 

I really think this needs to stop. Not out of any pity toward Monger, who probably has some sort of mental disorder, but because he's really not worth the fuss. Let's move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 pm 

I could go for a nice Turkey and Swiss meltdown right now... mmmmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:20 pm 

As a matter of fact I am in a very good mood. :D

Not only am I happy to be seeing two more ZPZ shows, and all the special surprises the ZFT have in store for the rest of 2007 but I just completed booking another vacation getaway for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary.

The only meltdown is forum members who continually WIDE SCREEN a Topic. I am very calm and not upset whatsoever. It just shows what a school yard game people make around here on Topics. I started a Topic and JAYP WIDE SCREENED IT most by now know that. Others got in the school yard and continued playing the game. So I made a new Topic for 10 consecutive WIDE SCREEN replies that were blowing up the Topic. I can remain calm and keep it up for the next 100 years if that is what I want to do. The only people having a meltdown here are those that do not see how childish each and every WIDE SCREEN REPLY is where they simply could leave the topic as is and post their views in a screen version that people could read.

I am just playing along with the school yard game that JAYP opened the gates to on this day.

I can play that game any day but prefer to be a bit more civilized on my steadfast views. :D

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:45 pm 

Quote:
I can play that game any day but prefer to be a bit more civilized on my steadfast views.

Your views certainly are steadfast, but they're also obnoxious. Especially after you post them ten fucking times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:50 pm 

mcgeeing wrote:
Quote:
I can play that game any day but prefer to be a bit more civilized on my steadfast views.

Your views certainly are steadfast, but they're also obnoxious. Especially after you post them ten fucking times.

So you want to talk about being obnoxious.
When JAYP was hung out to dry in the initial thread he decided to Wide Screen it so that any visitor reading the Zappa.com NG coudl not easilly read that topic.

That's Obnoxious!

One more time for the world

Check out Pt 11

Is it readable or has someone wide screened it?

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

Not only am I happy to be seeing two more ZPZ shows, and all the special surprises the ZFT have in store for the rest of 2007 but I just completed booking another vacation getaway for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary.

The only meltdown is forum members who continually WIDE SCREEN a Topic. I am very calm and not upset whatsoever. It just shows what a school yard game people make around here on Topics. I started a Topic and JAYP WIDE SCREENED IT most by now know that. Others got in the school yard and continued playing the game. So I made a new Topic for 10 consecutive WIDE SCREEN replies that were blowing up the Topic. I can remain calm and keep it up for the next 100 years if that is what I want to do. The only people having a meltdown here are those that do not see how childish each and every WIDE SCREEN REPLY is where they simply could leave the topic as is and post their views in a screen version that people could read.

I am just playing along with the school yard game that JAYP opened the gates to on this day.

I can play that game any day but prefer to be a bit more civilized on my steadfast views. :D

Riight
They're the only childish ones.
Not you, who boo-hoo's and creates useless thread after useless thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:35 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:

Shit!!! Trendy's gone off his meds! I may just go back to lurking until someone finds him a sedatave or cuts his cable. :cry:

"Ya like horses?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:36 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
mcgeeing wrote:
Quote:

So you want to talk about being obnoxious.
When JAYP was hung out to dry in the initial thread he decided to Wide Screen it so that any visitor reading the Zappa.com NG coudl not easilly read that topic.

That's Obnoxious!

One more time for the world

Check out Pt 11

Is it readable or has someone wide screened it?

LMAOAPOTAMOUS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:46 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:50 pm 

The Meltdown Take 11

In Yet Another Shut The Fuck Up And Sit Down Thread Trendmonger wrote:
OBNOXIOUS DISCLAIMER:
If this topic is left in normal screen mode no more topics will be pooted out on this Topic. WIDE SCREEN IT with a school yard game and get ready for more.

Keep it up kids. I was part of an entire 4th Grade Class that wrote PSSSST 1,000 Times in elementary school. You are bringing it on upon yourselves.

If any particular user needs to poot forth yet again with an unsubtle reply with data that took this Shut The Fuck Up and Sit Down Pt 2 through whatever Shut The Fuck Up and Sit Down Topic or whatever topic into some WIDE SCROLL reading adventure that prevents reading without Wide Scrolling we now have whatever.

WIDE SCREEN IT with a school yard game and get ready for more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:50 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Danke 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:00 pm 

LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:25 am 

BillyDaMt wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Danke 8)

Willkommen :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:30 am 

I wanna play. How do I "Wide Screen"? Do I need a special Hi-Def DVD player? I only have basic cable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:37 am 

Does Trendy even realize that the "wide screen attack" wouldn't be nearly as effective if he didn't write a fucking novel every time he posted?

"Ya like horses?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:02 am 

pygmy stallion wrote:
Does Trendy even realize that the "wide screen attack" wouldn't be nearly as effective if he didn't write a fucking novel every time he posted?

Trendy doesn't "get" a lot of things.
:wink: