Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:53 am 

Man, those P/O gigs sound like fun! Wish I could attend one. Thanks for the article, jimmy d. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:01 am 

To the best of my recollection,<br>this was the set list from Sat. 11-2-02 <br>Project-Object at Recher Theatre in Towson, Md.<br>I walked in and Ike was at the bar, I immediately left,<br>went back to my car and got a pen and Tinseltown cd<br>He gladly signed it. I stood there is awe<br>( My God, it’s Thing Fish himself)<br>My first live Zappa show EVER<br>I was blown AWAY especially by ##<br><br>Packard Goose vamp (guitar solo)<br>Montana ##<br>T’mershi Duween(fantastic)## ##<br>Uncle Remus##<br>hungry freaks, daddy<br>you’re probably wondering why I’m here(Brock fantastic)##<br>When the Lie’s so Big<br>Big Swifty##<br>Wet T-Shirt Nite<br>Meek Shall Inherit Nothing<br>What’s New in Baltimore? ##<br>Mom and Dad<br> Cheepnis##<br><br>Village of the Sun##<br>Echidna’s Arf##<br>Don’t You Ever Wash That Thing?##<br>Pick me, I’m Clean## ##<br>Strictly Genteel##<br>Teen-age Wind<br>Harder than Your Husband##<br>Doreen<br>How could I be such a fool (just like FZ OZ)<br>I’m not satisfied(ditto)<br>I ain’t got no heart(ditto)<br>Illinois Enema Banndit(ditto)#######<br>I’m the Slime<br><br><br>flambé (vocals, Brock, from spiders  perspective)<br>highlight of night for me#############<br><br>Cosmik Debris<br>Jimmie D correct me if I'm wrong I did the list from memory          [glow=red,2,300]WOW[/glow]

l)
l

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:52 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=concerts;num=1036204393;start=0#4 date=11/03/02 at 17:55:41] 8)  Mr. Cape, I've taken liberty to repost your lovely haiku to this thread.  ;)<br><br>Skipped Asbury Park <br>To Go to Towson instead <br>I think my ears bled <br> <br>Nap Brock ruled the night <br>Sang Flambe' Encore from the  <br>Spiders perspective <br> <br>Most of crowd didn't  <br>know words. "I thrilled her when I <br>drilled her" brought delight. <br> <br>And now, dare I say, <br>Brock's Illinois Enema <br>is wetter than Ray.<br>[/quote]<br><br>[move][glow=blue,2,300]THANK YOU JIMMIE D[/glow]<br>[glow=red,2,300]PROJECT OBJECT FUTURE SHOW[/glow]<br>[glow=orange,2,300]IS MY DESTINY[/glow][/move]

l)
l

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:09 am 

I saw Project Object last winter in Cincinnati, and they are definately worth seeing. They do a damn good job playing the music of FZ. Willis and Brock were both with 'em. Nappy and Ike both politely signed my cd sleeves. I had my FZ tshirt on with a huge picture of Frank on the front of the shirt. We sat front and center at the bar and during break a couple of band members commented to me that they could see Frank's face on my shirt from the stage. I don't have a set list for ya's, but point is, they're excellent live. I do have some pics, but I don't have a scanner, or I'd post them. If anybody has a chance to catch these guys, don't pass 'em up if possible. They are very fan friendy as well, the whole band is. <br><br>That's intresting that Project Object and Mahavishnu Object played together recently. I saw The Mahavishnu Orchestra and the Mothers (minus FZ, who was in the hospital at the time from a fan pushing him off stage) play The Cincinnati Gardens at a concert called The Garden Party, back in 1972. They were both blow aways. Esp, The Mahavishnu Orchestra.<br><br>Breezy<br><br> 8)