Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:29 am 

Hello everybody!  I've been around the forums for a while just lurking...but after seeing Project/Object at the Trocadero in Philadelphia I felt compelled to sign up and join in the fun!<br><br>P/O puts on a great show.  I was just standing there in the audience during the opening act, and someone who looked like Napoleon M. Brock walked by me...so I yelled out "Napoleon!"  Sure enough, it was him...we got to talk for a few minutes and then over came Don Preston!  Wow...it was very cool to meet these folks after years of seeing them in various videos and hearing them on the albums.<br><br>After seeing the pics posted by white_person, I now know who jimmie d is.  In fact, I saw mr. d there, but at the time I didn't know who he was...next time I'll be sure to introduce myself.<br><br>BTW, great pics white_person!  I've downloaded them as a souvenir of the show.<br><br>-greg<br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:53 am 

My students had the unbelievable opportunity of opening for these guys in Philly 3/29, and I just think everyone should know that they are all gentlemen as well as geniuses. <br><br>Their interaction with the kids left them floating on air all week.<br><br>Many thanks to all you guys.<br>PG<br><br>ps-Seahag made my amp sound like it never has before, and probably never will again

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:19 pm 

Saturday's tour closer was fantastic. <br><br>Don and Candy doing "go Cry on somebody else's shoulder" was one of many highlights. Eddie P. doing Sofa and of course who could forget.....Blue Grass Black Page!!!!! (with solo's on unison fiddle and mandolin!!)<br><br>As always a great night, can't wait till next time.<br><br>See ya'all there!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:17 pm 

When was the last time (if ever) this spectacle made it up here to Minnesota?<br>I never even knew about these tours.<br>I will certainly be more aware from now on. <br><br>BTW, I really loved the MP3 of 'Black Barracuda', Jimmie, Thanks!<br>(and GREAT pics, Y/T!)

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:31 pm 

Image<br><br>(whisper)...i know he's sitting in there...in the control room now... peering over his glasses at me and listening to everything i say, but i really don't care....<br><br>helloooo jimmie deeeeeeee.....

>You don't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:19 am 

Man, I wish I would have known of these shows a month ago. I wouldhave gone tote Ferndale MI show for sure. Have to wait till next time I guess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:11 am 

When is the next tour.