Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Project/Object on tour
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:52 am 

Hey all, I'm new to the FZ board but, I wanted to say that if you guys have not checked out the band Project/Object, do so on this tour. I have seen them over 10 times and each show is better than the next!  They are on tour with Ike Willis and Napoleon Murphy Brock who are still just awesome in concert. Other Zappa alumni are performing as well at some shows. I took their tourdates from the website so check out www.projectobject.com for all the info. Check them out if you can! <br><br>September<br>Tues. 17 - Iron Horse, Northampton, MA<br>Wed. 18 - B.B. Kings, New York City<br>Thur. 19 - Higher Ground, Burlington, VT <br>Fri. 20 - Middle East, Boston, MA<br>Sat. 21 - TLA, Philadelphia, PA<br>Sun.22+23 Club Cafe, Pittsburgh, PA<br>Wed. 25 - Barrel House, Cincinnati, OH<br>Thur. 26 - Patio Nightclub, Indianapolis, IN<br>Fri. 27 - Shank Hall, Milwaukee, WI<br>Sat. 28 - Martyrs, Chicago, IL<br>Mon30+ Oct.1 - Quixote's, Denver, CO<br>October<br>Fri. 4 - Rainbow Room, Seattle, WA<br>Sat.5 - Lola's, Portland, OR<br>Sun. 6 - WOW Hall, Eugene, OR<br>Tue. 8 - GAMH, San Francisco, CA<br>Wed. 9 - Coach House, San Juan Capistrano, CA<br>Sat. 12 - Victors, San Diego, CA<br>Tue. 15 -32 Bleu, Colorado Springs, CO<br>Wed. 16 - Sherpa + Yeti's, Breckenridge, CO<br>Thur. 17 - Linden's, Ft. Collins, CO<br>Sat. 19 - Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO<br>Mon.21 - Grand Emporium, Kansas City, MO<br>Tue.22 - Cicero's, St. Louis, MO<br>Thur.24 - Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland, OH<br>Fri. 25 - Docksiders, Erie, PA<br>Sat. 26 - Water Street Music Hall, Rochester, NY<br>November<br>Sat. 2 - Recher Theater, Towson, MD <br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:19 pm 

I saw them in June. Fabulous! Napoleon was 'on,' doing his exotic dancing, etc. The band was tight and funny. Ike performed greatly. I have an 'in' (I think, eventually) to a recording of that (they allowed taping), and I may also to the one on October 8th, which I will be at.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:04 pm 

June 23 - the very last show, Mystic Theatre, Petaluma CA<br><br>If I get a CD-R, I'm guessing it won't be for quite a while, because I don't think my friend who taped the show has his stuff (ie computer, etc) set up due to a transitional living situation. Ya better not rely on me for a copy. I've got too much going on also... What kind of thing would you want to trade?<br><br>Were you at one of those shows?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:46 am 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=jimmie d link=board=concerts&num=1031338332&start=0#5 date=09/08/02 at 05:28:51]<br><br> 8)  I have an archive of zappa, project/object, and other alumni stuff, but it sounds like a moot issue if you're not ready or able to trade.  Thanks for the response, anyway.   8)<br>[/quote]<br>I'm ready to trade!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:48 am 

Yea! I've seen them with Ike and Napoleon a few times and it is always amazing! I will be at the NYC and Burlington show.  Catch them if you can

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:55 pm 

Damn! I would SOOOO go to the Wed. 25 - Barrel House, Cincinnati, OH performance, but the hall wont let me in becuase i am under 21 :'(<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:12 am 

Caught the show last night at B.B. King's in NYC.  It smoked!  One Size Fits All was awesome!  Check this band out if it comes near you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:07 am 

I saw the Sunday show in Pittsburgh at the Club Cafe, it was packed to the gills and the band totally reacted to it, playing some kick ass sets. Ike is has great stage presence and Napoleon is such a showman. Great show!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:09 pm 

<br>[quote author=mingus1013 link=board=concerts&num=1031338332&start=0#9 date=09/18/02 at 21:55:53]<br>Damn! I would SOOOO go to the Wed. 25 - Barrel House, Cincinnati, OH performance, but the hall wont let me in becuase i am under 21 :'(<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, I went to the June 23 (I believe) show, which was 18+, but I'm only 17. I'd imagine it would be tighter for 21+ shows, though. It's funny. I looked at all the dates, and this time I see that all the "all ages" shows are on the west coast, most in CA where I happen to live. So, I'll be at the Oct 8th show. Woopee!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 7:23 am 

<br>[quote author=jimmie d link=board=concerts&num=1031338332&start=0#13 date=09/27/02 at 19:38:39]<br><br><br> 8)  If you look again, you'll see that that's not true.  There are several "All Ages" shows scheduled on the east coast, too.   8)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hmmm, I guess so... I just scrolled down the last PO email I got. Maybe there were typos in there (or I just didn't catch everything).<br><br>BTW, mingus1013, it's nice to see others into C. Mingus too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:30 am 

I caught the show in denver a few nights back at Quixote's in Denver and it was a fantastic performance by the band.  Bob and Thana Harris performed and it was def. awesome to hear.  I'm planning on seeing them when they return to Colorado in a few weeks!