Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:16 am 

Great American Music Hall in San Francisco tonight!!!!! I just got into town and I'm psyched.  Last years show here was absolutley ridiculus.  Nappy all over the stage baby.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:16 am 

<br>[quote author=willydepimp link=board=concerts&num=1031338332&start=15#25 date=10/08/02 at 11:16:26]<br>Great American Music Hall in San Francisco tonight!!!!! I just got into town and I'm psyched.  Last years show here was absolutley ridiculus.  Nappy all over the stage baby.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, hey hey. I enjoyed the show. I was the young fella with brown hair, long sideburns, gray shorts, plaid shirt, and long sleeve blue shirt. Maybe we met...<br><br>Damn, I really enjoyed the lampooning of Bush at the show. I was cracking up beyond words...<br><br>I don't know about you, but I may go to the Mike Keneally Band show coming up at GAMH.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:10 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
<br>[quote author=dancin fool link=board=concerts&num=1031338332&start=15#28 date=10/09/02 at 13:16:18]<br><br><br>Hey, hey hey. I enjoyed the show. I was the young fella with brown hair, long sideburns, gray shorts, plaid shirt, and long sleeve blue shirt. Maybe we met...<br><br>Damn, I really enjoyed the lampooning of Bush at the show. I was cracking up beyond words...<br><br>I don't know about you, but I may go to the Mike Keneally Band show coming up at GAMH.<br>[/quote]<br>I was at that show last night!  I drove 300 miles. r/t, to see it.  Great to see Ike and Nappy, and project/object is quite an accomplished band.  Their lame attempts at attacking George W was just plain stupid.  Ike Willis making fun of how G.W. mispronounced "nuclear" was cheap, lame, and as an American, insulting.  When the drummer took a book w/ the Presidents picture on the cover and stomped on it during King Kong, my brother and I said "fuck this!" and left.  <br><br>I have never been so ashamed of being a Zappa fan in my life!  The thought of being linked with the demographic I saw last night makes me feel like MTH's Avatar!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:40 am 

Honestly, I have no clue what the fuck you guys are talking about...<br><br>Drooling Savant, I don't know why you have such a problem with the attacks on Bush, but to each his own... I was cracking up at the samples manipulated there... I do think the "nucular" bit was a bit flat and had too much emphasis... However, you should have stayed through the whole show at least, instead of getting all whiney/pissed off and going and pouting or whatever... Personally, I try to have a good time.<br><br>About the music... They are extremely good musicians, and all that mumbo jumbo... However, I think they put on a MUCH BETTER show last time I saw them in June. This time seemed duller in terms of what they played, and the overall tone of the show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:09 pm 

I enjoy Ike's banter of current events, usually they are quite funny. If some people don't like it, that is their own deal.  All that aside, I go to see Project/Object because I cannot see Frank Zappa live.  P/O does a great job and they are certainly all skilled musicians that do Zappa's music justice.  If I wanted to hear perfect Zappa music, I would listen to him in my house with headphones on, but I want to see Zappa music performed live.  Napoleon is awesome on stage and so is Ike.  So if you have a problem with the band, don't see them, more room for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:26 pm 

Location: Wandering aimlessly through the American wasteland...
Seahag can turn it up and keve+<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Seahag can turn it up and leave Ike 'n' Andre home!  Nappy showed enuff, but Ike Willis can suck my Dick!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:04 am 

Seahag for president! This guys shreds guitar and is funny as hell. Andre has some serious chops as well.  I'm hitting up the show tonight in Santa Cruz with Les Claypool, hopefully get some sit ins as well, should be cool.  With the way the news has been the past few days, you can bet they will be mentioning many things from the stage.