Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:30 am 

I dont dislike anyone from the Zappa bands...Ok, some of the 80s members were a little cheesy and tacky at the time, but thats what they were paid to do, and even then I grew to like em after a while..........Thana rules, Flo and Eddie rule, err.....yeah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:53 am 

The most UNDERRATED BANDMEMBER was Ralph Humphrey. Certainly a great BIG BAND style drummer.<br><br>Flo and Eddie represented a certain time in FZs career.<br>  An exploration......seems it was pushed by MArk and Howie though. I think they manipulated FZ into a certain direction.<br><br>as for Dweezil, I've been following everything he's done since the NORMAL LIFE episodes he and Moon starred in the late 80's.<br><br>I prefer the vinyl version of SLEEP DIRT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:00 am 

<br><br>ATTENTION LAME-ASS CHAD WACKERMAN:<br>take your cheezy 1984 electronic "percussion pads" and your david koresh glasses and ram 'em up yer snout. JUST WATCH HIM. does he ever break a bead to justify those sweat bands?? i thought not. <br>now terry bozzio. THAT is a drummer. <br><br> ;D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:38 am 

[quote author=phideauxiii link=board=concerts;num=1076458334;start=45#54 date=07/01/04 at 11:00:29]<br><br>ATTENTION LAME-ASS CHAD WACKERMAN:<br>take your cheezy 1984 electronic "percussion pads" and your david koresh glasses and ram 'em up yer snout. JUST WATCH HIM. does he ever break a bead to justify those sweat bands?? i thought not. <br>now terry bozzio. THAT is a drummer. <br><br> ;D[/quote]<br><br>hahahahahahaha<br><br>I do love Chad but that was funny!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:01 pm 

[quote author=phideauxiii link=board=concerts;num=1076458334;start=45#54 date=07/01/04 at 11:00:29]<br><br>ATTENTION LAME-ASS CHAD WACKERMAN:<br>take your cheezy 1984 electronic "percussion pads" and your david koresh glasses and ram 'em up yer snout. JUST WATCH HIM. does he ever break a bead to justify those sweat bands?? i thought not. <br>now terry bozzio. THAT is a drummer. <br><br> ;D[/quote]<br><br>true, the sound the electronic drums Chad used gave a completely different sound to the band.<br>  But it was FZ that wanted Wackerman to play them. FZ was very good at giving distinct sounds to each line-up.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:49 pm 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=concerts;num=1076458334;start=30#42 date=04/21/04 at 05:48:00]<br>Chad Wackerman was absolutely incredible but I think he was not underrated<br><br>ciao[/quote]<br><br>We must not forget that Chad Wackerman was the drummer in the 1981-1982 period and FZ made the most wonderful music in that period! and...of course...THE FZ GUITARSOLO'S ! :P<br><br>Image<br><br>Most underrated band member?<br><br>Jeff Simmons, he made some great contributions to the Mothers and made a great solo album on the Straight label. <br>Jeff's Straight album was a more conventional rock album, "Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up". Zappa contributed generously to the album, under the pseudonym Lamarr Bruister. He wrote the title track (which he would later record himself for "Joe's Garage"), co-produced the album (with engineer Chris Huston), played lead guitar on 'Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up' and 'Raye', and co-wrote 'Wonderful Wino' with Simmons. <br><br>Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:09 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=concerts;num=1076458334;start=45#58 date=07/02/04 at 05:17:13]<br><br>Shut Up and play Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar.<br><br>Vinnie Colaiuta.[/quote]<br><br>GUITAR !<br><br>Chad Wackerman<br><br>The 1982 solo's are the best and most adventurous FZ ever did!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:18 am 

Why all the Chad bashing?<br>He's a great drummer, and I think he laid down great grooves that went very well with Frank's soloing.  He didn't go as sick as Vinnie but he laid down the groove.<br>I saw him with FZ a couple of times and also several times with Alan Holdsworth.<br>I agree though that the sound of that electronic kit was hideous.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:54 am 

[quote author=zombywoof5050 link=board=concerts;num=1076458334;start=60#60 date=07/02/04 at 07:18:16]Why all the Chad bashing?<br>I agree though that the sound of that electronic kit was hideous.[/quote]<br><br>That is what Chad bashing is all about...the electronic kit...<br><br>Am I the only one who liked it? It belonged to that Zappa band at that moment and I loved it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:28 am 

[quote author=unica link=board=concerts;num=1076458334;start=60#61 date=07/02/04 at 08:54:47]<br><br>That is what Chad bashing is all about...the electronic kit...<br><br>Am I the only one who liked it? It belonged to that Zappa band at that moment and I loved it![/quote]<br><br>I love it too. It was meant to be cheezy! And besides that the band killed... City Of Tiny Lites on that tour was always SICK!!!!!<br>